剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
Lindsay, I hope you know
Lindsay,我想让你知道
this isn't about Bobby shutting you out.
这与Bobby把你排除在外无关。
I think he--
我认为他。。。
when he's up against his demons,
当他面对恶棍的时候,
he'd rather battle them alone.
他宁愿独自和他们战斗。
I happen to be along for the ride on this one.
我是碰巧掺和进这个案子的。
I'm glad you can be there for him.
我很高兴你能陪着他。
Donnell, Young, Dole, and Frutt.
Donnell, Young, Dole, Frutt事务所
Yeah, sure.
对,好的。
It's your office.
你的办公室打来de。
Hello?
喂。
I'll be right over.
我马上过去。
Judge Fleming and his attorneys
Fleming法官和他的律师要求会面。
are requesting a meeting.
Fleming法官和他的律师要求会面。
Looks like they're ready to make a deal.
看起来他们准备要达成控辩交易了。
Let me say at the outset,
首先我要说,
I am still far from convinced
我仍是远未相信你有足够的证据可以定罪。
you have enough evidence for conviction.
我仍是远未相信你有足够的证据可以定罪。
But to avoid the mud
但为了避免陷入充斥着媒体鼓噪的庭审的泥沼中
of a media-saturated trial,
但为了避免陷入充斥着媒体鼓噪的庭审的泥沼中
Judge Fleming may be willing
Fleming也许愿意协助你们的调查。
to assist your investigation.
Fleming也许愿意协助你们的调查。
May be?
也许?
ANDERSON: We're not rolling over here.
除非交易很公平,否则我们对此不会屈从的。
Unless the deal is more than fair,
除非交易很公平,否则我们对此不会屈从的。
the judge is prepared to go to trial.
法官准备好去出庭了。
We have the clerk's testimony.
我们有书♥记♥员的证词。
Continue, Mr. Anderson.
Anderson先生,接着说吧。
In exchange for Judge Fleming's
作为Fleming法官完全配合的交换条件,
full cooperation,
作为Fleming法官完全配合的交换条件,
we expect the government to drop both the Rico
我们希望政♥府♥撤销《反犯罪组织侵蚀合法组织法》
and the Hobbs Act counts.
和《反敲诈勒索法》指控的罪名。
That's the entire federal case.
可这是这个联邦案件的全部指控呀。
You still have state-based fraud--
你还有由州起诉的欺诈罪。。。
five years.
五年刑期。
My client serves three.
我的当事人服刑三年。
Well, that would be a hell of a deal...
真是个好交易。。。
for you.
对你来说。
That's what we want.
我们要的就是这个。
I'm certainly not committing to that.
我当然不会答应的。
In addition, we're prepared
此外,我们准备提供
to provide detailed records
由Fleming法官保存的超过6年期间的详细记录
maintained by Judge Fleming
由Fleming法官保存的超过6年期间的详细记录
over a period of 6 years.
由Fleming法官保存的超过6年期间的详细记录
The records implicate 15 attorneys.
这份记录涉及到15名律师。
I suspect we'll be able to work something out.
我想我们能圆♥满♥地解决一些问题了。
Is it possible you're deriving satisfaction
Helen,你可能会自此获得满足感吗?
from all of this, Helen?
Helen,你可能会自此获得满足感吗?
No, Your Honor. I am not.
不,法官大人,我不会的。
In all the times you have appeared before me,
每次你出现在我面前,
I think you know that I've been an evenhanded,
我想你知道我一直是个公正的,
decent, if not humane, jurist.
正派的,或许不算仁慈的法律学家。
For nearly 30 years,
近30年来,
my job, my charge
我的工作,我给出的指示
has been to make reasoned,
一直是合情合理的,
dispassionate decisions.
冷静客观的决定。
And that is what I have done.
那就是我所做到的。
Always.
一贯如此。
Imperfect, I will admit that I may have overstepped
有所缺憾的是,我要承认我也许是
my boundaries.
越过了我应遵守的界限。
But it was not as you suggest,
但并不是如你所指出的那样,
Mr. Mitchell,
Mitchell先生,
a matter of craven desire.
是懦弱的欲望问题。
On those occasions when I was approached
在当有人为寻求帮助而试探我的时候。
for a favor,
在当有人为寻求帮助而试探我的时候。
I would not, did not,
我不愿,也没有,
allow a lesser argument to triumph over a better one.
让不太合理的论据压制更合理的论据。
Wrong must never win by technicality.
绝不能利用诉讼程序上的技术细则造成错误。
Now, then,
好了,现在听我说,
I have done nothing illicit.
我没有做任何违背法律的事。
What I did do was expedite cases
我所做的就是加快交由我处理的案件审理进程。
that came before me.
我所做的就是加快交由我处理的案件审理进程。
If I benefited from such,
如果说我借此受益了,
well, then, so be it.
好吧,那就算是吧。
This is not about expediting anything.
这和为了加快进度无关。
Wisdom is justified by her children, Mr. Mitchell.
智慧因其所为而得证(源自马太福音)
Look at my record.
查查我办过的案子。
Listen to what my colleagues
听听我的同僚们对我的评价。
have to say about me.
听听我的同僚们对我的评价。
You are in no position to judge.
你没有资格对我进行评判
From what I have seen on the bench,
从我作为法官的角度看待案件的审理,
ill-prepared,
准备不足,
uncommitted,
回避责任,
addled attorneys
麻木不仁的昏庸律师,
who fall asleep at trial,
麻木不仁的昏庸律师,
who are unable to prepare an articulate brief
连条理清楚的案件摘要都准备不了。
are these the ones best suited to mete out justice?
这些是最能满足达成公正的需要吗?
I've devoted my life to being a judge.
我毕生致力于当好一个法官。
And though the courtroom be an adversarial arena,
然而法庭是一个对抗性的竞技场,
I am more than a referee, sir.
我不仅仅是个裁判,先生。
More than a linesman.
更不仅仅是个司线员。
I am the game.
我就是竞赛的主角。
Well, at any rate...
好吧,无论如何。。。
I suppose this gives you great bragging rights
我想这件事会给你提供
with the rest of the politicos
向办公室里热衷政♥治♥的同事吹嘘的资本。
in your office.
向办公室里热衷政♥治♥的同事吹嘘的资本。
Forgive me, your honor.
恕我直言,法官大人。
You being here has nothing
你落得这个下场与我和Bobby Donnell无关。
to do with me or Bobby Donnell.
你落得这个下场与我和Bobby Donnell无关。
The only thing I have derived
我从我对此事的参与中,
from my participation
唯一得到的就是一种深深的悲伤。
is a profound sadness.
唯一得到的就是一种深深的悲伤。
I watched and learned from you, sir.
先生,我过去关注你并向你学习。
It appears that chapter is closed.
看来这一章已经结束了。
You have cast out the dirty judge.
你们已经把那个肮脏的法官赶了出去了。
Justice is restored.
公正得以恢复。
So there it is.
就是这样。
Here's the list of names.
这就是名单。
No one has reviewed it,
没有人看过,
not even my attorney.
即使是我的律师。
Let the blood bath begin.
开始血洗吧。
Clever.
绝妙吧。
He was very...
他太。。。
It's as if there was no doubt in his mind.
似乎他心里毫无疑问。
This was his way out.
那是他的出路。
He could have started over.
他本可以重新开始的。
I think that's probably what frightened him.
我觉得那可能就是让他害怕的原因。
Nobody can really start over, can they?
没有人能真正地重新开始,对吗?
I'm sorry you had to be there.
很遗憾你不得不目睹那些。
After it happened, it was a madhouse...
事发之后,一片混乱。。。
between the cops and paramedics.
到处是警♥察♥和医务人员。
I came right up here and called you.
我马上就到这儿给你打电♥话♥。
I didn't know what else to do.
我不知道还能做啥。
I'm glad you did.
我很高兴你这样做。
How are you doing?
你怎么样?
This...
这事。。。
today was a really lousy day.
今天真是糟透了
Your wife's worried about you.
你太太很担心你。
She's always worried about me.
她总是担心我。
You'll be okay tonight?
你今晚会没事吧?
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表