剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
No.
不用。
Think I might engage new counsel, just the same.
我想我应该照样新雇一个律师。
So, I guess we're done, then.
那么,我想我们完事了。
Done? You still owe me the 27, Jimmy.
完事了?你还是欠我二万七呢,Jimmy
Didn't exactly work that off.
你没有完全解决这个问题。
I think we're done, Sid.
我想我们完事了,Sid
If I was in a position to be charitable,
如果我能好善施德的话
that would be one thing,
那就是一回事了,
but I got debts to pay off.
但我也有债务要还。
What do you say you walk out the door,
你免了我欠的债,
forget my debt, and I'll forget
我也当没听见过你威胁要杀了你老婆,
how you threatened to kill your wife?
你的意下如何?
Privileged.
那是属于律师当事人保密范畴的。
Bodily threats don't apply to --
人身伤害威胁不属于。。。
So, why didn't you blow your whistle?
那么,你为什么不去揭发呢?
If you thought I was going to hurt her
如果你认为我要伤害她而你却保持沉默,
and you stayed quiet,
如果你认为我要伤害她而你却保持沉默,
that doesn't look good for you, does it?
对你也不好,对吗?
You want to know how big your gambling jones is, Jimmy?
Jimmy,你想知道你的赌瘾有多大吗?
You didn't want to hear it as a real threat
你不想把那当成真正的威胁
because you wanted to pay off those bets.
是因为你也想偿清你的债务。
The truth is, I got more on you than you got on me.
事实上,我对你的了解比你对我的了解还多。
I'm asking you to get out of this office now.
我要你现在就离开这间办公室。
You're making me upset.
你让我很不爽。
From what you've seen, do I respond to stress good?
以你的观察,我不爽了会有什么反应?
You're threatening me now?
你现在是在威胁我吗?
Of course not.
当然不是了。
I will say this.
我要说的是。
You don't even know what you're into.
你根本不明白你在干什么。
I need that money. I'll give you a week.
那笔钱我要定了,我会给你一周的时间。
Close the door, please.
请关上门。
We're doing this in here
我们在这里谈是因为我想说的一些话不能公开。
because some of what I want to say is off the record.
我们在这里谈是因为我想说的一些话不能公开。
Actually, it's our office policy
实际上,按我们的规矩要有一个法庭记录员在这里。。。
that a Court reporter be present for --
实际上,按规矩要有一个法庭记录员在这里。。。
Mr. Lowe, I don't really care at this moment
Lowe先生,现在我一点也不在乎你们的规矩。
about your office policy.
Lowe先生,现在我一点也不在乎你们的规矩。
We're fine without a Court reporter, Your Honor.
我们对没有记录员没什么意见,法官大人。
Mr. Walsh, I've known you a long time,
Walsh先生,我认识你很久了,
and I've known you to be a straight shooter.
而且我认为你是一个刚直公正的人。
But I am very troubled by the due process implications
但我对于此事可能对诉讼程序造成的影响
of what happened here.
感到十分不安。
Your honor, this defendant committed a violent -- Save it.
-法官大人,被告承认了暴♥力♥。。。
-省省吧。。。
There are no reporters present,
这儿没有记录员,
and I don't need to hear your stump speech.
我不需要听你演讲。
Then we'll submit on our prior argument
那么我们将提出我们先前的主张
and again ask this Court to deny
并再次要求法庭否决被告撤回认罪协议的动议。
defendant's motion to withdraw his plea.
并再次要求法庭否决被告撤回认罪协议的动议。
Fine.
好啊。
I brought you in here, Mr. Walsh and Mr. Lowe,
我让你们来这儿,Walsh先生和Lowe先生,
rather than embarrass you in public,
而不是当众让你们难堪,
because I wanted to tell you
是因为我想告诉你们
that there is something more important
有比案件的审理更重要的事情。
than the mere holding of a case.
有比案件的审理更重要的事情。
I am talking about fair and unfair,
我在说的是公平和不公,
right and wrong,
正确和错误,
and what happened in this case is wrong.
发生在这个案子上的事是错误的。
And it sickens me that you two can't see that.
你们两个对此视而不见使我感到厌恶。
Everything I said in Court, and I mean everything,
我在法庭上说的每一句话,我指的是所有的,
was a correct statement of the law.
都是正确的法律陈述。
And since we're off the record,
既然我们是非公开的。
let me just say frankly
让我坦率地说吧
that I don't need lectures from Your Honor
我不必听法官就有关什么是对什么是错的讲座
about right and wrong.
我不必听法官就有关什么是对什么是错的讲座
Mr. Jenks pled guilty
Jenks先生认了罪
because he is guilty, and neither the law
是因为他就是有罪,
nor anybody's misplaced sense of injustice
不管是法律还是任何人受到不公正待遇的错觉
allows him to withdraw that plea.
都不能允许被告撤回认罪协议。
That's the law.
这才是法律。
The law also allows me to throw your ass in a cell
法律还允许我把你因藐视法官而扔进监房♥。
for contempt.
法律还允许我把你因藐视法官而扔进监房♥。
I don't mean to show Your Honor disrespect,
我不是故意不尊重你,
but I will remind Your Honor
但我要提醒法官大人,
that district attorneys are officers of the Court
地区检察官是必须要遵循既定法律的司法工作人员。
who must conduct themselves in accordance
地区检察官是必须要遵循既定法律的司法工作人员。
with established law.
地区检察官是必须要遵循既定法律的司法工作人员。
Mr. Lowe and I did that,
Lowe先生和我就是这么做的,
and we don't need to be brought into chambers
我们不应被带到内庭来听你说
to be told how we sicken you.
你是多么地厌恶我们的。
Say it out there, where you'll be held accountable.
当庭说吧,那样你会被责任的。
I am saying it here.
我现在是在这儿说。
And if I had a choice, I would set aside this plea, but。。。
如果我有得选的话,我会取消这个认罪协议,但是,
Your honor, please.
法官大人,拜托。
I cannot throw out a knowing and voluntary plea of guilty
我无法基于以下事实否决掉出于自愿的认罪协议。
on these facts.
我无法基于以下事实否决掉出于自愿的认罪协议。
You negotiated what you thought was a good deal.
你通过协商得到了你以为是合算的交易。
You could have advised your client
你本可以告诉你的客户继续上庭审理,
to continue with the trial,
你本可以告诉你的客户继续上庭审理,
challenge the evidence. You didn't.
质疑证据。但你没有这么做。
The law doesn't allow you to benefit from regret.
法律不允许你从后悔中获益。
It is my regret as well.
这也是我的遗憾。
I am very sorry.
我很抱歉。
Defendant's motion is denied.
被告的动议被驳回。
Lindsay.
I respect that it's an adversary process,
我认同这是个对抗机制,
but I didn't come to you as an adversary.
但我不是作为一个对手来找你的。
I dropped my sword and asked for a favor,
我屈就求你帮忙,
and you played it like a favor.
而你好像是施以恩惠。
That isn't gamesmanship, Alan.
Alan,这不是比赛的策略。
It was dishonest. You know it, I know it.
这是不诚实,你知道,我也知道。
I gather you can live with it.
我估计你能对此心安理得。
There's an innocent kid in prison who may not.
但监狱里那个无辜的孩子可能做不到。
All right, I'm gone.
好了,我要走了。
Can you lock up?
你来锁门?
Sure.
没问题。
Can I ask you something, Jimmy?
Jimmy,我能问一下吗?
Did he do it?
是他干的吗?
Oh, come on. Privilege extends to me.
噢,说吧,我也要遵守保密特权的。
Throw me a bone.
透露点吧。
He says he didn't.
他说不是他干的。
Right.
那还用说。
Earth to Jimmy.
醒醒神儿,Jimmy
Are you okay?
你没事吧?
Yeah. I'll lock up.
没事,我会锁门的。
Good night.
晚安。
Night.
晚安。
They're coming to take you to Concord.
他们要带你去Concord
It's a high-security prison.
是一座高安全等级的监狱。
Tonight?
今晚?
Yeah.
对。
Everybody convicted of a violent crime
所有被判犯了暴♥力♥罪的都先送到那儿
goes there first.
所有被判犯了暴♥力♥罪的都先送到那儿
I'm going to petition the department of corrections
我会恳请惩治局把你尽快转走。
to move you as soon as possible.
我会恳请惩治局把你尽快转走。
Oh.
哦
I'm also going to ask them to designate you
我还会要求他们把你归入弱势囚犯中。
a vulnerable inmate.
我还会要求他们把你归入弱势囚犯中。
Okay.
好。
It may take a while.
这会花一点时间,
In the meantime, I've requested
同时,我已经要求他们对你单独拘禁。
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表