剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
This day he was playing with his Legos.
当天他在玩乐高积木。
And what were you doing?
你当时在做什么?
I was watching him, as well as my daughter Susan,
看着他,还有我的女儿Susan,
who was on the swings.
她在荡秋千。
Then what happened?
然后呢?
Susan fell off a swing and hurt herself,
Susan从秋千上掉下来摔伤了,
and she was crying.
她大哭起来。
I ran over to see about her.
我跑过去照料她。
Maybe 30 or 40 seconds.
也许就半分钟。
And when I looked back, Chad was gone.
然后我回头一看,Chad不见了。
BOBBY: While your son was playing,
你的儿子在玩耍的时候,
did you see anybody else in the area?
你看到附近有什么人吗?
I saw that man. John Pierce?
- 我看见了那个人。
- 是John Pierce吗?
Yes. He was at a water fountain
是的,他在饮水喷泉那里
about 20 feet away from where Chad was playing.
离Chad玩耍的地方大概20英尺。
What was he doing?
他在干什么?
Just standing there watching the children.
就是看着那里看着孩子们。
Did that make you nervous?
那使你感到紧张了吗?
I really didn't think about it.
我确实没有去想什么。
Um, I had seen him before.
呃,我之前见过他。
And he always seemed a little weird,
他看起来总是有点怪怪的,
but none of us-- the mothers--
但是我们这些母亲中没有人。。。
knew he was a child molester.
知道他是一个恋童癖。
Objection.
反对。
I'll ignore it.
我会指示陪审团忽略这一点的。
After you noticed that your son was gone,
你发现你儿子不见了后,
did you see Mr. Pierce?
你看见Pierce先生了吗?
No. He was gone, too.
没有,他也不见了。
It all happened in seconds.
这些都发生在很短时间内。
Mrs. Baldwin, did you see anyone else nearby
Baldwin夫人,在这短暂的时间内,
who could have disappeared with Chad
你看到附近有别的人和Chad一起不见了吗?
in a matter of seconds?
你看到附近有别的人和Chad一起不见了吗?
No. Thank you.
- 没有
- 谢谢
I'm very sorry about the loss of your son, Mrs. Baldwin.
Baldwin夫人,对你失去爱子我深表遗憾。
Yes, you told me that.
是啊,你说过了
Mr. Pierce actually worked at park, didn't he?
实际上Pierce先生就是在公园工作,不是吗?
Evidently.
显然是的
You said he seemed weird.
你说他看起来很奇怪
Had you ever complained about him to anyone?
你有没有向任何人投诉过他吗?
No.
没有。
To your knowledge, did any of the mothers
据你所知,
ever complain about Mr. Pierce's behavior
有别的母亲投诉过Pierce先生针对她们孩子的行为吗?
toward their children?
有别的母亲投诉过Pierce先生针对她们孩子的行为吗?
Not to my knowledge.
据我所知没有。
Did you ever see him behave
你可曾看到过他以可怕或不适当的方式
in a scary or inappropriate manner
你可曾看到过他以可怕或不适当的方式
around the children?
接近过孩子们吗?
He stared at them sometimes.
他时常盯着他们看。
You never did see him abduct your son, did you?
你从未看到他绑♥架♥你的儿子,是吗?
I didn't see it, but-- So it could have been somebody else.
- 我没看见,但是。。。
- 那么说可能是别的人干的。
Nobody else was near Chad.
Chad附近没有别人。
How do you know?
你怎么知道的?
If Mr. Pierce could disappear into the trees,
如果Pierce先生能消失在树从中,
someone else could've been hiding in there, couldn't they?
别的人也可能会躲在那里,不对吗?
It was him.
就是他。
It helps to have somebody to blame,
归咎于某个人是有好处的,
doesn't it, Mrs. Baldwin,
难道不是这样吗,Baldwin夫人
to give the monster a face,
把恶魔安到一个人身上,
even if it's the wrong face? Objection.
- 即使是弄错了人?
- 反对。
Withdrawn. That's all I have.
我撤回这句,我要问的就这些。
Are you authorized to make withdrawals from this account?
你有权从这个账户提款吗?
I'm a lawyer with the firm.
我是这家公♥司♥的律师
I'm James Berluti.
我是James Berluti。
I should be on record here.
我应该已经被登记了。
The manager knows me.
经理认识我。
Mr. Berluti, I'll just have to get this approved.
Berluti先生,我只要得到批准即可。
Fifteen thousand? Yes.
- 一万五?
- 对。
Okay, it'll just take a second.
那好,只要一小会儿就行。
We found three Legos in his apartment.
我们在他的公♥寓♥里找到了三件乐高积木
Did John Pierce tell you how they got there?
John Pierce告诉你这些玩具是怎么来的吗?
Yes. He said he had them
说了,他说他的侄儿来的时候带来的。
for when his nephews came over.
说了,他说他的侄儿来的时候带来的。
Three Legos? Yes.
- 三件乐高积木?
- 是的
Three lone Legos? That's correct.
- 三件不成套的乐高积木?
- 没错。
Did you determine how often his nephews, in fact, came over?
你们确认了他的侄子多久来一次吗?
We determined he had no nephews.
我们确认的是他没有侄子。
Were you ever able to determine that the Legos
你们能确定你们在Pierce先生公♥寓♥里
you found in Mr. Pierce's apartment
发现的这些乐高积木是Chad Baldwin的吗?
belonged to Chad Baldwin?
发现的这些乐高积木是Chad Baldwin的吗?
No, we were not.
不,我们没有确定。
Any evidence of Chad Baldwin
有任何证据表明Chad Baldwin到过ierce先生公♥寓♥里吗?
ever being present in my client's apartment?
有任何证据表明Chad Baldwin到过ierce先生公♥寓♥里吗?
No.
没有
Any physical, testimonial,
任何有关实物证据、证词、
or forensic evidence to suggest
或者法医证据表明
that Chad Baldwin ever came in contact with John Pierce?
Chad Baldwin曾经和John Pierce有过接触吗?
Only the testimony of the mother,
只有这位母亲的证词。
who said she saw him close to her son.
她看到他接近过的她儿子。
I wish I could be more optimistic.
但愿我能更乐观一些。
What about the informant?
那个检举的告密人呢?
He's going up next, but his credibility...
他下一个出来作证。但他的诚信度。。。
the only other thing I can think of is to call Pierce.
剩下唯一的就是我考虑传唤Pierce。
If he doesn't take the Fifth,
如果他不引用第五修正案的话,
maybe if I go at him hard enough,
也许我对他穷追猛打的话,
he'll say something to incriminate himself.
他会说漏些什么暗示他自己有罪。
Contrary to the myth, not all child molesters are rocket scientists.
和传说中的相反,不是所有的恋童癖都是高智商。
Race number eight will begin
第八场比赛大概在十五分钟后就要开始了。
in approximately 15 minutes.
第八场比赛大概在十五分钟后就要开始了。
Please proceed to the betting window to place your bet.
请到下注窗口进行下注
Twelve thousand on number four--
一万二押四号♥。。。“马蒂的魔力”获胜。
Maddie's Charm to win.
一万二押四号♥。。。“马蒂的魔力”获胜。
A hundred dollar exacta wheel, Maddie's Charm on top.
下注赌连赢位置,100块押“马蒂的魔力”在第一位。
And $2,000 to show.
2000块押前三名。
That's on number four.
是第四号♥。
Eugene, this just came through the fax.
Eugene,刚收到这份传真。
It's...
这是。。。
What?
是什么?
A CTR form from the bank.
银行传过来的CTR表单。
There's been a withdrawal from the Peterson account.
Peterson账户上有一笔取款。
Before we move on to what Mr. Pierce said to you,
在我们谈及Pierce先生对你说的话之前,
can you tell me how you feel about him?
你能告诉我你对他的印象吗?
I can't stand him.
我受不了他。
I make no bones there.
对此我直言不讳。
Why don't you like Mr. Pierce?
你为什么不喜欢Pierce先生?
He told the CO I had contraband in my cell,
他告诉狱警说我监室里有违♥禁♥品♥
and I got put in the hole for a few days.
于是我被罚关了几天小黑屋子
What kind of contraband?
什么违♥禁♥品♥?
A hot plate.
电炉
Are you a vindictive person, Mr. Reynolds?
Reynolds先生,你是个报复心强的人吗?
Are you testifying to get back at the defendant?
你作证是为了报复被告吗?
No. I just think he deserves to go down
不是,我只是认为他应该为
其对Baldwin家孩子的所作所为而付出代价
for what he did to that Baldwin boy.
不是,我只是认为他应该为
其对Baldwin家孩子的所作所为而付出代价
All right.
那好吧
What, exactly, did he tell you about that?
就此事,他到底对你说了些什么?
He said-- and this is pretty much of a quote--
他说。。。接下来差不多就是他的原话了。。。
"I sure did enjoy getting that boy out
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表