剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
Because I didn't think it would fly.
因为我不认为会成功。
And my client, by the way,
而且,我的当事人指示我放弃所有进一步的上诉。
instructed me to drop all further appeals.
而且,我的当事人指示我放弃所有进一步的上诉。
After you helped him find God.
那是在你促使他信奉上帝之后。
Rebecca, he's gonna die.
Rebecca,他就要去死了。
What do you suggest I do, hand him a copy
你说我该怎么做,送他一份心灵鸡汤吗?
of Chicken Soup for the Soul?
All right.
- 你说我该怎么做,送他一份心灵鸡汤吗?
- 好了。
Now, I pursue all viable appeals.
我致力于一切可能成功的上诉。
And sometimes, I even win them,
有时候,我甚至可以成功。
if you bothered to check up on that.
如果你花点心思去查就能知道。
But when there's nothing left, when there is nothing left,
但是如果没有任何机会,没有任何机会的话,
I do try to give them some consolation.
我确实会给他们找些慰藉。
If they feel they're getting some kind of salvation,
如果他们觉得他们获得了某种救赎,
it helps.
这会对他们有用的。
I have been there, Rebecca. I've seen it.
我在那里,Rebecca。我看到了这一点。
It helps.
确实有用。
Ah, it's been a long time
啊,我很久没有穿西装打领带了。
since I had on a coat and tie.
啊,我很久没有穿西装打领带了。
You look good, Dad.
你看起来很不错,爸爸。
You think so?
真的吗?
Parole officer goes up first. He's with us.
保释官先发言,他是站在我们这边的。
Remember, the board doesn't figure to be sympathetic.
记住,不要把保释委员会当成是富有同情心的。
You can't let them antagonize you.
你不能和他们叫板。
You want to say that again?
你还要再叨叨呀?
You want to give me some sign you get it?
那你想让我感到你明白这些了吗?
He gets it, Eugene.
他已经明白了,Eugene。
He's ready to do what's necessary.
他准备好去做那些必须做的事了。
Baby.
亲爱的。
All I've had these last 12 years
过去12年我所拥有的一切就是我的承诺和真♥相♥。
is my word and the truth.
过去12年我所拥有的一切就是我的承诺和真♥相♥。
If I say I killed that man--
如果我说我杀了那个人。。。
It's your only chance to get out.
可这是你离开监狱的唯一机会。
There's been a lot of people supporting me, Vivian--
有很多人支持我,Vivian。。。
raising money to pay his bills,
筹钱去帮他支付费用,
people going to the bank on my being innocent.
他们去筹钱是因为认为我是无辜的。
What do I say to them?
我该对他们说什么?
They all know
他们都理解
this is part of the game, Leonard.
逢场作戏嘛,Leonard。
Me lying.
我撒谎。
I got to go and lie to get redemption.
我要去撒谎而换取自♥由♥。
That's the game.
这就是你说的逢场作戏。
Dad.
爸爸。
Just get yourself out.
只要你离开监狱就好。
Come home.
回家吧。
Ellenor went to see Keith,
Ellenor去见Keith了,
Eugene is at the parole hearing,
Eugene参加保释听证会,
and Rebecca... (sighs)
Rebecca嘛。。。
You never went home.
你一直没回家。
There's more. Rebecca--
- 找到了更多的。
- Rebecca。。。
You might believe him... but I don't.
你也许会相信他,但是我不会。
There is nobody who's done more
在帮助死刑犯方面,没人做的比他更多。
to fight the death penalty than John Mockler.
在帮助死刑犯方面,没人做的比他更多。
Bobby, there's more.
Bobby,还有更多的问题。
What are you talking about?
你在说什么?
Keith, I know.
Keith,我知道。
Marcia discovered you in bed with McNoun.
Marcia发现你和McNoun上♥床♥。
She killed him.
是她杀了他。
I know it all.
我全都知道了。
How can you be willing to serve a sentence
你怎么能愿意为她犯下的罪行服刑呢?
for a crime she committed?
你怎么能愿意为她犯下的罪行服刑呢?
My God.
我的天啊。
Do you think being gay is worse for your image
在你的想象中,成为同性恋难道
than being thought of as a murderer?
比被认为是谋杀者更糟吗?
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说什么。
Marcia told me to keep me from going after Allison.
Marcia为了不让我追查你女儿而告诉我的。
She is lying!
她在说谎!
To punish me for killing her lover!
为了惩罚我杀了她的情人!
Oh, she's seeking to punish you
呵,她坦白自己是凶手是为了惩罚你。
by confessing to me she's a murderer.
呵,她坦白自己是凶手是为了惩罚你。
That really makes sense.
这可真有道理。
Keith--
I'm one of your oldest friends.
我是你最早认识的朋友之一,
I am not gonna love you any less
我不会因为你是同性恋而丝毫减少对你的友情
because you are gay.
我不会因为你是同性恋而丝毫减少对你的友情
For God's sake--
看在上帝的份上。。。
Do you know the letters I get?
你知道我收到了些什么信吗?
They think I'm a hero.
他们觉得我是英雄。
"Good for you," they say.
他们说,“你真的很棒。”
"I would have blasted him, too."
“换了我也会杀掉他的。”
I'm a folk hero, Ellenor, and when I get out,
我是一个英雄,Ellenor,而且当我离开监狱时,
my constituency will still be there.
我的选民还会在支持我。
Michael Dukakis-- his career died
Michael Dukakis。。。
因为当他听到他的妻子被袭击时反应冷淡
when he reacted with dispassion
Michael Dukakis。。。
因为当他听到他的妻子被袭击时反应冷淡
at the idea of his wife being attacked.
他的事业就终结了。
"Good for you," they say to me.
“你真的很棒。”他们这么对我说。
"You shot the bastard. What man wouldn't?"
“你射杀了那个混♥蛋♥。哪个男人不会呢?”
Please--
拜托了。。。
I'm instructing you to drop this.
我是在命令你放弃这个案子。
I made my deal. I'm happy with the deal.
我达成了定罪协议。我对这个协议很满意。
And as your client,
作为你的当事人,
I instruct you to just let this be.
我命令你就这样吧。
You will carry out my wish, Ellenor.
你会按我的意思办的,Ellenor。
I tell inmates,
我跟犯人们说,
"Use the time in here. Don't let it use you."
“利用时间,别空渡时光。”
And how has Leonard Marshall used his time?
Leonard Marshall如何利用时间的?
Well, he's improved his education.
呃,他提高了他的知识水平。
When he first came to us,he had anger issues,
当他第一次来找我们时,他心存怒气,
but now he teaches the anger management course.
而现在他教授掌控愤怒的课程。
A lot of the inmates and even some of the guards,
很多囚犯,甚至一些警卫,
they look up to him.
他们都尊敬他。
I'm seeing in the file last month,
我正在看上个月的文件,
they found a syringe in his cell.
他们发现在他的监室里有注射器。
I think that syringe was planted.
我认为这个注射器是被别人放进去的。
When a man gets a parole hearing date,
当一个人定了保释听证会日期,
the first thing I tell him is, "Check under your mattress,
我告诉他们的第一件事就是,检查你的床垫下面,
and make sure nobody frames you by planting a knife or drugs."
确保没人在下面栽赃刀或毒品。
If Leonard Marshall is released,
如果Leonard Marshall被释放了,
does he pose any threat?
他是否会造成任何威胁?
Not in my opinion.
我的看法是不会。
How can you be sure?
你怎么确定的?
Well, men his age have low recidivism rates,
嗯,在他这个年龄的人有很低的再犯率。
especially when they have a support network on the outside.
尤其是当他们在监狱外有社会支持网络。
He's got that support from his wife and his son.
他从他的妻子和孩子得到支持。
Correct me if I'm wrong,
如有错误请随时指正,
but half the men in prison today
目前监狱中一半的人,
committed felony crimes while on parole.
都是在保释期犯下了重罪。
Well...
这个嘛。。。
Again, correct me if I'm wrong,
再次重申,如有错误请随时指正,
but in 1991, 13,000 people were murdered in this country
但在1991年,
有13000人是被获得保释或缓刑的罪犯谋杀的
by criminals on parole or probation.
但在1991年,
有13000人是被获得保释或缓刑的罪犯谋杀的
Is the chairwoman introducing evidence?
主席夫人是正在提供证词吗?
Mr. Young, this is not a court of law.
Young先生,这不是法庭。
The rules of evidence do not apply.
有关证词的规则不适用。
I realize that, but--
这个我明白,但是。。。
Also, there's no reason to object.
而且,没有反对的理由。
No appellate court reviews our decisions.
也没有上诉法庭来复审我们的裁决。
I don't have time for this.
我没有时间了。
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表