剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
that could be between a black man and white woman
只能是凶手和受害者之间的关系。
is killer and victim.
只能是凶手和受害者之间的关系。
GAMBLE: The defendant was seen arguing with her
有人在停车场看见被告和她发生争执。
in the parking lot.
有人在停车场看见被告和她发生争执。
A witness watched him follow her home angry.
有证人看到他很生气地尾随她回家。
He was seen coming out of Linda's apartment.
他被看见从Linda的公♥寓♥里出来。
His prints were on the murder weapon.
凶器上有他的指纹。
His semen was found in the victim.
受害者身上有他的精♥液♥。
Neither the race of the defendant nor the victim
被告或受害人的种族归属
should have any bearing on your verdict.
都不应对你们的裁决产生任何影响。
It is irrelevant
这是毫无关联的。
and must not be considered by you in any way.
无论如何也不必去考虑。
YOUNG: Linda McLaughlin had a motive
Linda有否认他和我的当事人之间的恋情的动机。
to deny her relationship with my client.
Linda有否认他和我的当事人之间的恋情的动机。
She feared her father.
她害怕她的父亲。
Her father doesn't like black people.
她的父亲不喜欢黑人。
There's no evidence to suggest someone else killed her.
没有证据显示会是别的人杀了她。
No one else's prints were found anywhere in the apartment.
在公♥寓♥里没有发现别人的指纹。
The evidence points only to the defendant.
证据只指向了被告。
Of course his prints were on the lamp.
他的指纹当然会在台灯上。
He would visit her. He slept with her.
他去看望她,他和她上♥床♥。
They only looked for one defendant.
警方只找了一个被告。
Daryl Johnson is on trial, ladies and gentlemen,
先生们女士们,Daryl Johnson之所以受审,
simply because he's black.
只是因为他是个黑人。
All we ask is...
我们的要求只是。。。
honor your oath.
遵守你的誓言。
Hey.
WASHINGTON: Hey.
What's happening?
怎么回事?
Nothing.
没什么。
He's in custody, he's instructed me not to challenge it,
他被拘押,他指示我不要对此提出质疑。
and he's staying in custody.
于是他就一直被拘押着。
For how long?
关多久?
I don't know. The case is over.
我不知道,这案子结了。
I'm working on the newly interrogatories now anyway.
不管怎么说,我现在开始处理最新的书面质询文件了。
Okay. You all right?
好吧,你有些不对劲吧?
Why wouldn't I be all right?
为什么我会不对劲呢?
Rebecca.
We're back.
我们倒♥退♥了。
We're back to...
倒♥退♥回哪儿。。。
Interning people,
不经审讯就实行关押
sticking them in prison because of where they were born.
因为人们的出生地而把他们关进监狱。
It happened in World War II with the Japanese-Americans,
这在二次大战的日裔美国人身上发生过,
and it's back.
这种事又发生了。
The government will apologize for it later,
政♥府♥后来为此做了道歉。
but then it'll be too late.
但太迟了。
Innocent people are having their lives ruined now.
无辜的人们的生活现在正在被毁掉。
Mr. Habib--he thinks being a good American
Habib先生。。。他认为一个优秀的美国人
is giving up your rights, not fighting for them.
应该放弃自己的权力,不和当局抗争。
Most people know
Rebecca,大多数人都认为
that Arab-Americans are Americans, Rebecca,
阿♥拉♥伯裔美国人也是美国人,
and that they're our neighbors,
他们是我们的同胞。
but everyone's afraid.
但每个人都有恐惧。
We don't know who we know and who we don't know and...
我们搞不清楚,我们了解哪些人,不了解哪些人。。。
we're afraid.
我们有恐惧。
Yeah.
是啊。
We're back.
我们倒♥退♥了。
KITTLESON: Let the record reflect
请记录双方均在场,
that the parties are present
请记录双方均在场,
and that the jury has returned.
且陪审团做出了裁决。
The defendant will please rise.
请被告起立。
Mr. Forman, as to the charge of murder in the first degree,
陪审团主席先生,关于一级谋杀指控,
how say you?
你们的裁决是?
Your honor, the jury has a statement.
法官大人,陪审团要发表一个声明。
You have a what?
发表什么?
We were told it was our civic duty to serve on a jury
我们被告知,作为一个陪审员是我们的公民义务。
because the constitution guarantees every defendant
因为宪法保障每个被告享有
the absolute right to be judged by a jury of his peers.
由他的同辈组成的陪审团进行审判的绝对权力。
(a jury of his peers,指现有的陪审员
包括广泛的人口,特别是种族、国籍和性别)
This is not a forum for--
这不是一个论♥坛♥。。。
FORMAN: We were told that the American system,
我们被告知美国的体制尽管有缺陷,
for all its flaws,
我们被告知美国的体制尽管有缺陷,
is the best system in the world
但因其具有公民陪审团的观念
because of the concept of the citizen jury.
而是世界上最好的体制。
Move for immediate reading of the verdict.
立刻宣读裁决结果。
But what we found-- Sir!
- 但我们发现。。。
- 先生!
You have one more chance
在被判藐视法庭前,你还有一次机会
before you risk a finding of contempt.
在被判藐视法庭前,你还有一次机会
Have you all agreed on a verdict?
你们达成一致裁决了吗?
What we've agreed on
我们达成一致的是
is that this has been about...
这是关于。。。
the most appalling spectacle we have ever seen.
我们见过的最骇人听闻的场面。
The only thing that should matter in here
这里唯一重要的是
is did the defendant or did he not commit the crime?
被告,或者称之为他,到底犯罪了没有?
Nobody here cares-- not her, not him.
没有人关注这一点,检方没有,辩方也没有。
And not you.
你也没有。
Nothing that's gone on here has been about giving the jurors
这里没有拿出任何可以供陪审团去做出正确决定的东西
the information they need to make the right decision.
这里没有拿出任何可以供陪审团去做出正确决定的东西
A girl is dead. A man's freedom is at risk.
一个姑娘死了,一个男人的自♥由♥处于险境。
If he killed her, his liberties should be forfeited,
如果他杀了她,他的自♥由♥应被剥夺,
and we're supposed to decide...
而我们应该去决定。。。
based on what, exactly?
到底基于什么呢?
We want justice for the victim,
我们想为受害者伸张正义,
but we can't provide it.
但是我们无法做到。
KITTLESON: Are you saying you cannot reach
你是说你们无法达成一致意见吗?
a unanimous verdict?
你是说你们无法达成一致意见吗?
No, your honor.
不,法官大人。
What we're saying is we refuse to try.
我们要说的是,我们拒绝去做出裁决。
We have not reached a verdict.
我们没有得出一个裁决
We will not reach a verdict.
我们也不会去得出一个裁决。
If you want to hold us in contempt,
如果你要判我们藐视法庭,
well, there's a certain justice in that
那好吧,这个判决一定是公正的,
because contempt is what we feel.
因为我们现在的感受就是蔑视。
You are in contempt.
你们被判藐视法庭。
Security, would you please take the jury into custody?
警卫,请将陪审团收押。
I declare this a mistrial.
我宣布本次审判无效。
Miss Gamble, you may ask for a date
Gamble小姐,你可以要求择日重审。
to begin the retrial.
Gamble小姐,你可以要求择日重审。
We're adjourned.
休庭。
The judge allowed me to withdraw,
法官允许我退出,
so for the next trial...
所以重审。。。
you have my best wishes.
我祝你好运。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
Well, they certainly reached a verdict on us, anyway.
不管怎么说,他们无疑是对我们做出了一个裁决。
Yep.
是呀。
Got a little ugly, but I don't think we were that out of line.
这有点丑陋,但我不认为我们行为不当。
It's a trial. What do they expect?
这是一次庭审,他们指望什么呢?
I don't know.
我不知道。
You know jurors.
你了解这些陪审团的。
We can't beat ourselves up over this, Eugene.
我们不能为此自责,Eugene
Nope.
我没有。
Heads high.
振作起来。
Heads high.
振作起来。
(music playing)
WOMAN: You stinker.
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表