剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
Under the Canon of Legal Ethics,
基于法律道德规范,
I had a duty to report you.
我有义务举报你。
And if I had a vote,
并且如果我有投票权的话,
I'd recommend you be disbarred.
我会建议取消你的律师资格。
They're calling him in at 1:00.
他们下午一点要传唤他。
I heard.
我知道了。
Why didn't you check with me first?
为什么你不先和我商量一下?
Did Jimmy check with you
Jimmy在违反当事人保密特权前和你商量了吗?
before breaking the client's privilege?
Jimmy在违反当事人保密特权前和你商量了吗?
You revealed a pretty big secret yourself, Eugene.
你自作主张披露出一个相当重大的秘密。
Jimmy just told the parents that the kid was sick.
Jimmy只是告诉家长他们的孩子生病了。
By reporting him to the Bar,
而把他举报到律师协会,
you revealed that it was the client's intent not to tell,
你披露的是当事人故意隐瞒的事实。
and the publicity of that may be what brings them down.
继而媒体舆♥论♥会让他们垮掉的。
Did you consider that?
这一点你考虑过吗?
I considered this-- Jimmy should go.
我考虑过。。。Jimmy该走人了。
I like him, but--
我喜欢他,但是。。。
Actually, right now I'm not even sure I do.
实际上,此刻我也拿不准是不是这样。
He put us all at risk, Bobby.
他把我们所有人置于危险之下,Bobby。
To flex his conscience, he jeopardized this entire firm,
为了屈从他的良心,他危害了整个事务所
same as he did when he stole client funds
正如他偷了当事人的钱还赌债所做的一样。
to pay off his gambling debt.
正如他偷了当事人的钱还赌债所做的一样。
You should have come to me before--
你应该先和我商量。。。
You... would have done nothing.
你。。。你不会采取任何行动。
You're a nice guy.
你是个善人。
You would have let it ride because Jimmy's a nice guy.
你会因为Jimmy是个好人而不予理会。
He would have cried, "I'm sorry,
他会哭着说,“对不起,
it won't happen again," and you would have bought it.
不会再有下一次了”,而你会吃这一套。
Well, I'm not buying it anymore.
行了吧,我不会在吃这套了
I'm not letting him take me down and everybody else.
我不会让他毁掉我和其他人的
Enough is enough.
Enough受够了,
He has to face the consequences.
他必须要面对后果。
I don't set a lot of rules here.
我在这里没有订立过多的规章制度。
But we don't turn on each other.
但是我们不能互相诋毁。
I didn't turn on him.
我没诋毁他。
He turned on us with what he did.
是他用他的行为诋毁了我们。
He put us all at risk.
他把我们都置于风险之中。
By my reporting him, I protected the firm, so--
我举报了他,因此保护了这个事务所,所以。。。
Oh, so you were protecting us. Damn right.
- 噢,所以你是在保护我们
- 对极了
Then why not be open about it?
那为什么不光明正大地呢?
Why not come to me before--
为什么不事先和我。。。
Because you would have protected him
因为你会护着他
and put the firm at risk, too.
也会让事务所遭到风险。
Then aren't we all lucky
那以后有你照顾,
to have you to look out for us.
我们都会很幸运,不是吗
Imagine how safe you make us feel.
想象一下你会让我们有什么样的安全感。
You taking his side, Bobby?
Bobby,你是站在他一边吗?
What he did was wrong.
他所作所为是错误的。
But I don't like what you did, either.
但我也不赞成你的所作所为。
And if you think you did it the way you did to protect us...
如果你认为你这样的处理方式是为了保护我们。。。
...then you're lying to yourself.
。。。那你就是自己骗自己。
Obviously, we were still processing
不言而喻,我们还在处理这个新的情况
the new information and trying to decide what to do.
并试图做出决定。
It was an extremely agonizing decision for all involved.
对所有相关人员来说,这是一个极其痛苦的决定。
As you left it with Mr. Berluti,
如同你向Berluti先生交代的一样,
the client's decision
当事人的决定是不透露出这个孩子的身体状况。
was not to reveal the boy's condition.
当事人的决定是不透露出这个孩子的身体状况。
There was nothing to be accomplished
在那一晚,什么事都没有下定论。
in the course of the night,
在那一晚,什么事都没有下定论。
so general counsel at Brenford Mutual--
Brenford互助基金的法律总顾问。。。
Mr. Keene, we'll be here all day if you choose to dance.
Keene先生,如果你选择含糊其辞,
那我们会在这儿耗上一整天。
I know you're trying to serve
我明白你试图维护Brenford互助基金的公共声誉,
the public reputation of Brenford Mutual,
我明白你试图维护Brenford互助基金的公共声誉,
but that's not what this hearing is about.
但这并不是本次听证会的主旨。
Yes, Your Honor.
是的,法官大人。
Mr. Young has reported to us
Young先生向我们举报
that the client's unequivocal instruction
当事人明确的指示是
was for the attorneys not to reveal
律师们不能透露当事人告知他们的
what the client had told them
有关Jason Lees的医疗状况。
about Jason Lees' medical condition.
有关Jason Lees的医疗状况。
Is that true, sir?
先生,是这样吗?
Personally, I believe that that decision
我个人的理解是这个决定可能会随时改变的。
was subject to change.
我个人的理解是这个决定可能会随时改变的。
Answer my question, Mr. Keene.
回答我的问题,Keene
Yes.
是的。
At the time that Mr. Berluti chose to tell them,
在Berluti先生选择去说出此事时,
the client's wishes were that he not do so.
当事人的意愿是他们不希望这样。
And from your observation,
以你的观察,
Mr. Berluti was aware of the client's wishes.
Berluti先生是了解当事人的意愿的。
We were all acutely aware, yes.
是的,我们都非常清楚。
Okay, we'll take a short break,
那好,我们会暂停一会儿,
then resume with Mr. Berluti.
然后从Berluti开始。
Okay, my opinion--
我的意见是。。。
We just go with straight emotion.
我们就选择率性而为这个说辞。
All of this happened so fast.
这一切发生太快了。
You certainly did the humane thing.
你自然是依照人性行事。
Basically, you went on autopilot, Jimmy.
Jimmy,总的来说,你就是进入了自动驾驶的模式。
BOBBY: I agree. You're dead on the law,
我同意,按法律来你死定了
and Hiller-- we know how she is.
加之是Hiller法官。。。我们都清楚她如何严守法律
Just tell them you blew it. Show some remorse.
干脆说你搞砸了。表现出一些懊悔来。
They can't be without compassion.
他们不会没有同情心。
Okay.
那好吧。
Jimmy?
Are you okay?
你还好吗?
I'm fine.
我没事。
Is the hearing going on now?
听证会现在开着吗?
We're on a break.
中间休息一下。
But it's a closed session, Mr. Lees.
但这是不对外开放的,Lees先生
You can't go in.
你不能进去
Where's Mr. Berluti?
Berluti先生在哪儿?
He's, uh, meeting with his lawyers.
他在,呃,和他的律师在开会。
How's your son?
你儿子怎么样了?
Do you care, Mr. Young?
Young先生,你会关心吗?
Look, Mr. Lees, please try to understand.
Lees先生,请尽量去理解。
In the legal profession,
在法律界,
there's a certain code...
有一种特定的道德准则。。。
...that we have to live with.
。。。是必须去学会去适应的。
Then you live with it, Mr. Young.
而你学会去适应了,Young先生。
You live with it.
你适应的很好。
I think, you know, emotion got the better of me.
我觉得,你们明白的,情感战胜了我的理智
I kind of snapped.
我有些失控了
You kind of snapped.
你有些失控了。
Like insanity?
类似于精神病?
No, no. I knew what I was doing,
不,不,我知道我在干嘛。
and I admit what I did was wrong.
而且我承认我犯了错
But, uh, let's not forget
但是,呃,不要忘了这可能挽救了一条生命。
a life was maybe saved.
但是,呃,不要忘了这可能挽救了一条生命。
That boy could have died.
那个孩子可能会死的。
I'm a little confused.
我有点糊涂了。
You say you admit what you did was wrong,
你说你承认你所做的是错误的,
then you go on to defend it.
然后你却为之辩解。
Do you think it was wrong or don't you?
你觉得是错了还是没错?
Well, I knew it was wrong under the law,
这个,我认为从法律而言是错了,
but on a human level, I guess I feel justified.
但从人性的角度来看,我觉得是合乎情理的。
So you chose to commit a knowing violation of the law
那么说你明知故犯是因为你不赞同那条法律?
because you disagreed with that law?
那么说你明知故犯是因为你不赞同那条法律?
It was a very emotional night.
那晚我情绪十分激动。
So absent that emotion, as you sit here today,
那么排除情绪影响,就如你今天坐在这里,
if you had it to do all over again,
如果你从头再来一次,
your reflective choice would be
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表