剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
我开始看到一些不对劲儿的迹象。
And on one visit,
有一次来的时候,
I noticed that the baby's left leg was bruised.
我注意到孩子的左腿擦伤了。
GAMBLE: Did you ask Mr. Goss about it?
你就此问过Goss先生吗?
TAYLOR: He thought perhaps she had rolled
他觉得是孩子翻身的时候碰到了婴儿床的边儿。
against the side of her crib.
他觉得是孩子翻身的时候碰到了婴儿床的边儿。
There had been no bruising before that incident,
在那件事之前没有过擦伤,
so I didn't think much about it.
所以我没太多想。
Was there a second incident?
这事发生过第二次吗?
Sidebar, Your Honor?
请求上前商议,法官大人。
Quickly.
来吧。
We've been over this pretrial.
我们在预审时已经讨论过这个问题了。
She can't bring up the prior bruises.
她不能提起先前的擦伤。
There's no evidence linking them to my client.
没有证据表明那些和我的客户有关。
It's prejudicial.
这样会导致偏见。
This is the treating physician,
这是一个负责治疗的医生,
an expert witness who can testify
一个能证明其观点是基于什么的专家证人。
what he based his opinion on.
一个能证明其观点是基于什么的专家证人。
You've got no proof and no connection to my client.
你没有针对我的当事人与此有关的证据。
He can explain his opinion. It's prejudicial.
- 他可以解释他的观点
- 这就会导致偏见。
GAMBLE: Oh, come on, what is it, Eugene?
噢,算了吧,这算什么,Eugene?
You afraid the jury's gonna see your client
你怕陪审团会发现你的当事人是个恶棍吗?
for the lowlife he is?
你怕陪审团会发现你的当事人是个恶棍吗?
FREEMAN: Enough.
别吵了。
I'm going to give the jury a limiting instruction
我准许这个系列的提问,但会给陪审团一个限制性的指示,
and permit this line of questioning,
我准许这个系列的提问,但会给陪审团一个限制性的指示,
for a while, Ms. Gamble, but you're on a short leash.
是暂且准许,Gamble女士,而且你要小心控制自己。
That's crap, and you know it.
这是废话,你心里清楚。
You better check your emotions, Counselor.
你最好冷静下来,律师。
Whatever your personal animus might be towards me,
不管你对我个人有什么敌意,
you're not acting in the best interest of your client.
你的行为不符合你当事人的最大利益。
I suggest that you get a grip
我建议你在进一步危害他之前控制住你自己
before you jeopardize him even further.
我建议你在进一步危害他之前控制住你自己
Let me help you.
让我来帮你吧。
Take a recess.
暂时休庭。
She'll be fine.
她会没事的。
In fact, probably a little bit richer
实际上可能还有好处。
since the prosecution's witness flipped out on her.
因为控方证人对她发火了。
Why were charges filed in the first place?
最初为什么要提出指控?
Because the woman is off her nut,
因为那女人疯了,
and Mitchell Wheeler is a horse's ass.
而Mitchell Wheeler又是个蠢货。
What do you want?
你想干什么?
Two minutes.
就给我两分钟
Please.
拜托了。
You've got one minute.
给你一分钟。
When I offered to reduce your client's sentence
我以给你当事人减刑为名提出要看你胸的时候,
to see your breasts,
我以给你当事人减刑为名提出要看你胸的时候,
I not only obstructed justice,
我不仅仅是妨碍司法,
I hurt you.
我也伤害了你。
We were friends.
我们是朋友。
I don't think you realize just how much you hurt me.
我想你没有意识到你是多么地伤了我。
MITCH: You accused me in front of Judge Kittleson.
你在Kittleson法官面前指指控我。
I was blindsided.
我被搞得措手不及。
Uh, all I could think to do was accuse you.
呃,我能想到的就是反咬你一口。
This isn't sounding like an apology, Mitchell.
Mitchell,这听起来不像是道歉。
Try to understand,
试想一下,
it was either embarrass you, or get disbarred.
要么是让你难堪,要么就是我被取消律师资格。
You made the wrong choice.
你做出了错误的选择。
I know.
我知道。
And if I could do it all over again,
如果我能再来一次的,
I'd own up to my behavior.
我会承认我的错误行为。
Ellenor...
I'm sorry I hurt you,
我很抱歉伤害了你。
and I hope that someday you're able to forgive me.
我盼着有一天你会原谅我。
Um, if you want to speak to Judge Kittleson,
呃,如果你想和Kittleson谈谈,
then I'll back you up.
我会支持你的。
Do not make this my responsibility.
别把这搞成是我的责任。
I don't even know why I'm listening.
我甚至都不知道为什么要听你说这些。
You accused and humiliated me in open court,
你当庭指责和羞辱我,
and then crushed me
然后用一句我需要心理辅♥导♥,
by suggesting I needed psychological help.
使我精神都崩溃了。
You are a real bastard.
你是个真正的混♥蛋♥。
(sighs)
I don't want you asking me if I'm okay.
我不希望你来问我是不是没事。
All right
那好吧。
GAMBLE: So, Doctor, it was your phone call
那么,医生,是你给社会福利部门打电♥话♥
to Social Services that resulted
那么,医生,是你给社会福利部门打电♥话♥
in the defendant's arrest?
导致被告被捕吗?
TAYLOR: Yes. There was a second incident.
是的,那是第二次事件。
This time, there was a more pronounced set of bruises.
这一次,有一组更明显的瘀伤。
GAMBLE: What did the defendant say?
被告怎么说的?
He made no explanation
他没解释才让我感到担心。
and that concerned me.
他没解释才让我感到担心。
I made a notation in the file
我在档案上作了记号♥
and said I wanted to see baby "M" after one week
我说一周而不是通常的两周后想看看这个婴儿。
instead of the usual two.
我说一周而不是通常的两周后想看看这个婴儿。
Unfortunately, that appointment
不幸的是,那个预约没有如约进行。
was never kept.
不幸的是,那个预约没有如约进行。
GAMBLE: Please tell the jury why.
请告诉陪审团那是为什么。
TAYLOR: Baby "M" was rushed to the hospital
婴儿在预约日前就被送到医院了。
before that day arrived.
婴儿在预约日前就被送到医院了。
When I was notified,
我一得到通知,
I went immediately to the emergency room myself.
就立即亲自赶去急诊室。
You can imagine what I felt
你可以想象到我看到那个婴儿差点被谋杀时的感受。
when I saw that this child
你可以想象到我看到那个婴儿差点被谋杀时的感受。
had nearly been murdered.
你可以想象到我看到那个婴儿差点被谋杀时的感受。
Objection, move to strike.
反对,请求排除证词。
FREEMAN: Sustained. The jury will disregard.
反对有效,陪审团请予以忽略。
Just tell us what you observed.
只需告诉你所看到的即可。
We did a C. T. scan,
我们做了CT扫描,
which showed severe swelling of the brain,
显示出大脑严重肿胀,
the kind of swelling we'd expect
是当孩子被剧烈摇晃后会出现的那种肿胀。
when a child is shaken violently.
是当孩子被剧烈摇晃后会出现的那种肿胀。
In addition, baby "M"'s arms were bruised,
另外,婴儿的胳膊有瘀伤,
consistent with being held tightly in that area.
与相应部位被紧紧夹住的情况吻合。
But most telling was the bilateral
但最能说明问题的是双侧视网膜出血。
retinal hemorrhaging.
但最能说明问题的是双侧视网膜出血。
What would cause the hemorrhaging?
因何会引起这样的出血?
TAYLOR: In an infant? Aggressive shaking.
指婴儿时期吗?是剧烈的摇晃。
The force of such movement
这种晃动的力量足以造成伤害。
is more than enough to cause injury.
这种晃动的力量足以造成伤害。
It's my medical opinion that baby "M"
以我的医学观点,这个婴儿差点被摇死。
was shaken almost to death.
以我的医学观点,这个婴儿差点被摇死。
GAMBLE: Is there any way to determine
有什么方法确定事发的时间?
when the incident occurred?
有什么方法确定事发的时间?
Not with precision, but based on my experience,
不能做到精确,但以我的经验,
it's my opinion that this occurred
我认为是发生在婴儿被送到医院前12个小时内。
no more than 12 hours
我认为是发生在婴儿被送到医院前12个小时内。
prior to baby "M"'s arrival at the hospital.
我认为是发生在婴儿被送到医院前12个小时内。
Did you mention that to Mr. Goss?
你和Goss先生提起过这个吗?
TAYLOR: Yes. He said it was impossible,
提过,他说那不可能,
that the baby hadn't been out of his sight all day.
这个婴儿全天都没有离开过他的视线。
YOUNG: Dr. Taylor...
Taylor医生。。。
isn't it possible that this child's injuries occurred
这个婴儿受的伤
a full 72 hours prior
有没有可能是在她被送到医院前72小时之内造成的
to her arrival at the hospital?
有没有可能是在她被送到医院前72小时之内造成的
That's extremely unlikely.
这是极不可能的。
The question is whether it's possible.
我问的是这是否有可能。
Shaken baby syndrome can manifest itself
婴儿被摇晃后,
up to three full days
到综合症能表现出来时间可多达三整天,对吧?
after the baby's been shaken, correct?
到综合症能表现出来时间可多达三整天,对吧?
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表