剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
我知道,好了吧?
I know.
我知道
You're embarrassing me by sending flowers
你送花给我,还有这样冒出来,这些让我感到难堪。
and showing up like this.
你送花给我,还有这样冒出来,这些让我感到难堪。
You're the most beautiful,
你是我见过的最漂亮最特别的女人。
most special woman I have ever seen.
你是我见过的最漂亮最特别的女人。
Oh, Skip...
噢,Skip。。。
SKIP: You are.
你就是。
My whole life I've always thought
我一辈子都在想
if you want something and you work hard
如果你想要什么,而且足够坚信足够努力
and believe enough, you can have it.
你就能拥有它。
Why do you talk about me like I'm a school project?
你为什么把我当作一个学校的项目来谈论?
I would do anything for you.
我愿意为你做任何事。
My parents were young when they met.
我父母相识时也很年轻
Lucy, I love you.
Lucy,我爱你。
I want you to take this with my heart.
我希望你接受我的心意。
I know it'll be tough because we're young,
我知道这很难,因为我们很年轻,
but I think we can be happy.
但我认为我们可以幸福。
I have absolutely no idea what to say to this.
我完全不知道该说什么。
Just don't say no.
只要别说“不”就行。
GAMBLE: Had the defendant recently increased
被告最近提高了他的火险保费了吗?
his fire insurance policy?
被告最近提高了他的火险保费了吗?
A month before the fire, he doubled it.
火灾前一个月,他提高了一倍。
The warehouse was insured for $6,000,000,
仓库的保险额为六百万美金。
the stock, an additional 2,000,000.
存货再加二百万。
After the fire, did he file a claim?
火灾后,他提出理赔了吗?
MAN: For the full amount.
是全额理赔,
We conducted an investigation
我们做了调查
and found that Mr. D'Ambrosio's business
D'Ambrosio的生意在火灾前正在赔钱。
was losing money prior to the fire.
D'Ambrosio的生意在火灾前正在赔钱。
His orders had dried up,
他的订单萎缩,
yet he was still manufacturing
但他还在生产新产品存入库房♥。
new merchandise to stock his warehouse.
但他还在生产新产品存入库房♥。
GAMBLE: What did you do?
你们怎么处理的?
MAN: We forwarded our suspicions to the D. A.,
我们把我们的怀疑和调查转呈给地检部门。
along with our findings.
我们把我们的怀疑和调查转呈给地检部门。
But you paid the claim anyway.
但不管怎样,你们还是支付了赔偿金。
Why would you do that?
你们为什么那么做?
MAN: The law says if we fail to make a payment
法律规定如果我们没有合理的理由
within a reasonable time, we can be sued
而拒绝理赔的话,我们会因失信而被起诉,
for bad faith and face triple damages.
并面对三倍的赔偿。
Juries don't like insurance companies,
陪审团讨厌保险公♥司♥,
and we didn't wanna risk a trial.
而且我们也不想冒险去上庭。
You didn't wanna risk a trial.
你们不想冒险去上庭。
You'd rather my client risk one.
但你们宁愿让你们的客户冒这个险。
Is that a question?
这算是个问题吗?
BERLUTI: If my client is convicted of arson,
如果我的当事人被判纵火罪,
he'll be ordered to pay restitution to you,
他会被责令将赔偿金归还给你们,
meaning you'll get all your money back,
意味着你会把所有的钱都拿回来,
plus interest.
还有利息。
If he defrauded us, I think we're entitled to that.
如果他欺骗了我们,我认为我们有资格得到那样的结果。
You could also bring a 93A fraud action
你还可以针对我的当事人
against my client and get triple damages,
提起93A反欺诈条款已获得三倍的损害赔偿。
meaning your company could end up
意味着你们公♥司♥在这次火灾中
making money off of this fire.
最终还可以赚钱。
I suppose.
我想是的。
When you handed the fire inspector your report,
当你把你的报告提交给火灾巡检官员时
you were hoping they'd come after Mr. D'Ambrosio.
你希望他们追查D'Ambrosio先生。
MAN: The law requires that we report
法律要求我们上报所有可疑的火灾。
all suspicious fires.
法律要求我们上报所有可疑的火灾。
But you have the most to gain
如果我的当事人被判纵火罪,
if my client is convicted of arson.
你是最有收获的。
Arson costs insurance companies
纵火给保险公♥司♥造成了数十亿美元的损失
billions of dollars, which, frankly,
对此,坦率地说,
we pass on to consumers.
我们把这些都转嫁给客户们。
We all gain when arsonists are punished.
如果纵火犯得到惩罚,我们大家都会获利。
Move to strike, nonresponsive.
请求排除证词,答非所问。
Sorry, Mr. Berluti. I'd say he responded
对不起,Berluti先生,我要说这个回答
very directly to your question.
非常直接地回答了你得问题。
Objection overruled.
反对被驳回。
So far, I say we played them even.
到目前为止,我可以说是打成平手。
Which is good.
这还不错吧。
DONNELL: Honestly, no.
说实话,不好。
Trials have a momentum.
庭审是有一种惯性的。
People make up their mind before closings.
人们在结案陈词之前就会做出结论。
We wanted to create reasonable doubt with the jury
我们要在Tucker出庭作证前,
before Tucker got on the stand.
就给陪审团建立起合理怀疑。
BERLUTI: That stuff about the insurance
有关保险和你的生意不佳的问题。。。
and your business going down--
有关保险和你的生意不佳的问题。。。
We knew they were gonna bring that up.
我们都知道他们会搬出这些来的。
The whole country's in an economic downturn.
全国都在经济衰退。
Every business has insurance.
每家企业都上了保险。
DONNELL: The point is to have any chance at all.
关键在于,无论如何要抓住机会。
We need to take Tucker out.
我们需要搞定Tucker。
Bobby, I want you to cross-examine Tucker.
Bobby,我希望由你对Tucker进行交叉质询。
Mr. D'Ambrosio, I'm preparing for that.
D'Ambrosio先生,我在对此做准备。
Jimmy, you're getting shelled in there.
Jimmy,你在法庭上不断受挫。
That Gamble, she scores every time she gets up.
那个Gamble,她每次站起来就会占到上风。
I got a right to call for relief.
我有权要求让我得到些宽慰吧。
You're not doing the job. I don't think that's fair.
- 你没做好你该做的事。
- 你这样说对我不公平。
D'AMBROSIO: I don't care what you think.
我猜不管你怎么想呢。
They wanna put me in prison for murder.
他们要把我以谋杀罪送进监狱。
You understand that?
你明白吗?
They're treating me like I'm public enemy number one,
他们把我当成头号♥公敌一样对待,
like I'm from the gutter
在我用一生证明了我和他们一样优秀之后,
after I spent my whole life
在我用一生证明了我和他们一样优秀之后,
proving that I'm as good as any of them.
却好像我是来自社会底层似的。
I can't afford to care about your feelings.
我顾不上照顾你的情绪。
I got to be smart about this.
对此我得放聪明些了。
I want the Irishman to cross Tucker,
我要这个爱尔兰人去交叉盘问Tucker
not you.
而不是你。
It's him. I can't answer it.
是他,我不能接。
I can't believe you got engaged before me.
我不敢相信你比我先订婚了。
I'm not engaged.
我可没订婚。
DOLE: At least 2 karats.
至少2克拉。
How much does that cost? FRUTT: Yeah.
- 这得多少钱呀?
- 是呀。
I don't wanna know.
我可不想知道。
At least $6,000.
至少六千块。
What are you gonna do?
你打算怎么办呀?
Well, I tried to give it back,
唉,我试过退回去。
but he wouldn't leave until I promised
但我不答应他起码考虑一下的话,
to at least think about it.
他就赖着不走。
It is kind of sweet.
这也是一种甜蜜。
Hello, Skip.
喂,Skip。
You're where?
你在哪儿?
Listen to me, I don't care how you feel right now.
听我说,我不在乎你现在的感受如何。
Don't say anything.
什么也别说了。
No.
不行。
Until we get there,
我们到之前,
do not speak to the FBI.
别跟FBI说话。
Did you just say, "the FBI"?
你刚才说,“FBI”?
Skip's been arrested.
Skip被逮捕了。
For what?
为什么?
Something about federal wire fraud.
有关联邦电♥话♥诈骗罪的什么事。
The police arrested me at the scene.
警♥察♥把我当场抓个正着。
I was videotaping the fire.
我正在给火灾录像。
GAMBLE: You do that a lot?
你经常这么做吗?
Only when I set them.
只录我自己放的火。
The police searched my house.
警♥察♥搜查了我的家。
They found my whole collection.
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表