剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
我提了。
And?
那么?
The client doesn't want us to tell
当事人希望我们即使在和解之后也不要声张。
even after the settlement.
当事人希望我们即使在和解之后也不要声张。
You got to be kidding me.
你开玩笑吧。
Bobby...
Brenford Mutual is hemorrhaging,
Brenford互助基金在脑溢血,
if you'll pardon the terrible pun.
-如果你能原谅这个可怕的双关语的话。
If it gets out that that kid has an aneurysm,
如果透露出那个男孩患有动脉瘤的话,
it's a multimillion-dollar verdict
即使可以手术修复,
even if they're able to repair it.
也是一个数百万美元的判决。
And if it should come out that we knew
而如果披露出我们知道动脉瘤但没有说出来的话。。。
about that aneurysm and we didn't tell--
而如果披露出我们知道动脉瘤但没有说出来的话。。。
The public relations alone... That's sick.
- 单就公众形象而言。。。
- 真恶心。
There's got to be a way around this.
一定有办法解决这个问题。
There isn't.
没有
The client has given us the instruction.
当事人已经指示我们了。
We are ethically prohibited from revealing this information.
我们在职业道德上被禁止透露这些信息。
Now, look, I don't like this any more than you do, but...
现在,听好了,我比你们还讨厌这样做,但。。。
I'll take it from here.
这些就我自己来做吧。
I'll get this thing settled in the morning.
这事我会在明早达成和解。
Thanks.
多谢了。
We're just going to sit on this?
我们就打算这么拖着?
Lucy, get me Anderson Pearson.
Lucy,帮我联♥系♥Anderson Pearson
I'm afraid Gordon Keene is right.
我想恐怕Gordon Keene是对的。
He can't be. If we know a client
- 他不可能是对的。
-如果我们得知一个当事人
is about to cause serious bodily harm,
即将造成严重的身体伤害,
we're allowed to tell.
我们是被允许去说出来的。
No. That is different from knowing somebody's medical condition
不,那和从工作内容中得知某人的身体状况是有区别的。
as a part of work product.
不,那和从工作内容中得知某人的医疗状况是有区别的。
Why? why should it be any different?
为什么?为什么有区别?
In both instances, we have knowledge
在这两种情况下,我们都得知有人要受到伤害呀。
somebody's about to get hurt.
在这两种情况下,我们都得知有人要受到伤害呀。
Perhaps that distinction is a ludicrous one, Bobby,
Bobby,也许那种区别是不合理的,
but currently, the law makes that distinction.
但目前,法律对此有区分。
If you know your client is about to commit a crime
如果你知道你的当事人将要去实施犯罪
and cause bodily injury, you are permitted to tell.
并造成人身伤害,你是被允许进行透露的。
But a medical condition in a civil matter--
但是在民事诉讼中的医疗状况。。。
unless you get the client's permission,
除非你得到当事人的允许,
you are frozen.
否则你要禁言。
Can't you get the client to move on this?
你们能使你们的当事人对此有所改变吗?
No.
不行。
All I can think of-- after we settle the case,
我能想到的就是。。。
在我们解决了这个案子之后,
the client might be less panicked.
当事人可能不会那么紧张了。
Maybe then we can convince them to tell.
也许我们可以说服他们去告诉对方。
But as Keene said, the risk there is so great.
但正如Keene所说,风险太大了。
Well, I can't think of anything else, can you?
好吧,我想不出别的办法了,你呢?
Jimmy?
Jimmy? Any ideas?
Jimmy?你有什么想法?
No.
没有。
Where are you in the trial?
你们现在的局面是?
Well, it's obviously going to settle now.
显然目前就是打算和解。
But if for some reason it doesn't,
但如果因为某种原因达不成和解,
are you ready with your closing, Jimmy?
你们准备好结案陈词了吗,Jimmy?
Jimmy!
Is your closing ready?
结案陈词准备好了吗?
I was gonna head back to work on it now.
我现在就回去准备。
I don't think we'd get there tomorrow, but--
我觉得我们明天用不上,但。。。
You've got to stay focused.
你还是要集中精力。
I'll be ready, if need be.
如果需要的话,我会准备好的
GORDON (on tape): Any sisters?
有姐妹吗?
No sisters. Just me and my two brothers.
没有,只有我和两个兄弟。
My parents wanted a girl when they had me.
我父母生了我后,想要个女孩
At least that's what my older brother tells me.
至少我哥哥这么告诉我的。
He says that to punk me.
他说那些是跟我开玩笑。
He punks me all the time.
他总是跟我开玩笑。
Mr. Lees, my name is James Berluti.
Lees先生,我是James Berluti。
I'm one of the lawyers representing Branford Mutual.
我是代表Branford互助基金的律师之一。
Yeah, I recognize you.
哦,我认识你。
I'm sorry to bother you this late.
很抱歉这么晚打扰你
Your son...
你的儿子。。。
your son has an aneurysm at the base of his skull.
你的儿子在脑底部有动脉瘤。
What?
什么?
Our doctors reviewed his MRI today.
我们的医生今天对他的核磁共振进行了复查。
I've called an ambulance. It's on the way.
我叫了救护车了,已经在途中了。
There's been a misdiagnosis.
你儿子被误诊了。
Your son could be in danger.
他可能非常危险。
We need to get him to a hospital.
我们要把他送到医院去。
Where is he now?
他现在在哪里?
He's in bed.
他上♥床♥了。
You need to get him up.
你要叫他起床。
Mr. Lees, you need to get your son out of bed.
Lees先生,你要叫你儿子起床。
You got him?
你接到他了吗?
It's just a precaution, sweetheart.
只是个预防措施,宝贝。
You're gonna be fine.
你不会有事的。
You're gonna be fine.
不会有事的。
Jimmy.
Dr. Manning was right.
Manning医生是对的。
The boy went into surgery a couple hours ago.
这孩子几个小时前进了手术室。
Well, did-- did anything happen?
呃,发生。。。了什么事?
No.
没什么事。
I told them.
我告诉他们了。
You told them?
你告诉他们了?
Jimmy informed the parents.
Jimmy通知了家长。
The boy is in surgery.
这孩子在手术室里
Are you out of your mind?
你疯了吗?
Yeah, I am.
对,我疯了。
And you can go tell your client, Mr. Keene,
Keene先生,你可以去通知你的当事人,
if they want to report me to the Bar, go ahead.
如果他们打算到律师协会举报,随他们便。
But like you said, the negative publicity will destroy them,
但如你所说,负面宣传会毁掉他们的
and I'll make plenty of noise, trust me.
而且我也会闹出大动静来,相信我。
Is that all you thought about, Jimmy, being disbarred?
Jimmy,你就是这么想的吗?被取消律师资格?
You personally and your firm
你个人和你的事务所
will be on the hook for any damage award
将会为超过55万美金的损害赔偿金负责,
above $550,000, you think about that?
你考虑过这些吗?
I wasn't gonna let that kid die.
我不会听任那个孩子死掉的。
We removed the aneurysm,
我们摘除了动脉瘤,
clipped it without complications.
摘除过程没有并发症。
He's gonna be fine.
他会没事的。
Could they tell whether it was about to burst or not?
他们能判断出来动脉瘤是否即将破裂吗?
Not really, but it was dangerous enough
不至于马上会破裂,
that they had to operate right away.
但也危险到他们必须马上进行手术的程度了
Was there any bleeding in the brain?
脑部有出血吗?
No, because it never ruptured. They clipped it.
没有,因为动脉瘤尚未破裂,他们已经摘除掉了。
I take it the case isn't about to settle now.
我想这个案子现在不会马上达成和解了
Oh, no.
噢,不会的
And... we were fired.
还有。。。我们被解雇了。
Sorry.
对不起。
I'm proud of you, Jimmy.
我为你感到骄傲,Jimmy。
I'll probably never get my house now,
我这下可能永远也买♥♥不起房♥子了,
but I'm proud of you.
但我为你感到骄傲。
Me, too.
我也是。
Jimmy, that was the Board of Bar Overseers.
Jimmy,是律师协会监察委员会的电♥话♥。
You've been summoned to appear today at 1:00.
你被传唤出庭,今天下午一点。
BOBBY: What?
什么?
They actually reported me.
他们还是举报了我。
I didn't think they'd dare.
我觉得他们不敢。
Brenford Mutual didn't report you.
Brenford互助基金并没有举报你。
Who, then? Keene?
那是谁?Keene?
I reported you, Jimmy.
是我举报的你,Jimmy
What?
什么?
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表