剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
that I didn't even know existed
几周前我甚至都不知道他们还在。
until a few weeks ago.
几周前我甚至都不知道他们还在。
I see.
我懂了。
But before you carried out
但在你做出这个毫不利己专门利人的举动前,
this little act of altruism,
但在你做出这个毫不利己专门利人的举动前,
you made sure you cut a deal
你确保你和地区检察官达成了一个协议,对吧?
with the D. A., right?
你确保你和地区检察官达成了一个协议,对吧?
In exchange for this testimony,
做为你的作证的交换,
you were promised
你被承诺不需要服刑。
you wouldn't serve any time.
你被承诺不需要服刑。
Is that true, Ms. Tucker?
这是事实吧,Tucker女士?
Yes.
是的。
That's correct.
是这样的。
My sister and I don't really communicate
Washington女士,我姐姐和我不再经常联♥系♥了。
much anymore, Ms. Washington.
Washington女士,我姐姐和我不再经常联♥系♥了。
I'm just looking...
我只是在找。。。
I need witnesses to substantiate
我需要证人证实她跟我们说的事情。
what she's telling us.
我需要证人证实她跟我们说的事情。
I don't really know anything.
我确实是什么都不知道。
Did you know she had a child?
你知道她有个孩子吗?
Yes.
知道。
WASHINGTON: And did she tell you
她跟你说过这个男孩是别人给她的吗?
she had gotten the boy from a man?
她跟你说过这个男孩是别人给她的吗?
Yeah, some guy she met at a Laundromat.
是的,某个在自助洗衣房♥认识的人。
I heard the whole thing.
这些我都听说过。
And did you believe her?
你相信她吗?
Why wouldn't I?
我为什么不相信她呢?
Ms. Tucker, I'm Allison's lawyer.
Tucker女士,我是Allison的律师。
I'm on her side.
我是站在她一边的。
I'm just trying to collect information.
我只是要收集信息。
You said it like you doubt her.
可你说得好像是你怀疑她。
Mr. Pierce's lawyer will doubt her,
Pierce的律师会怀疑她的。
and she'll try to tear her up.
而且她会尽力去毁掉她。
I need to know whatever ammo
我需要了解到她可能挖掘出什么来做弹♥药♥
she could possibly dig up.
我需要了解到她可能挖掘出什么来做弹♥药♥
Can I talk to you?
我能跟你谈谈吗?
I thought we did that.
我以为我们谈过了。
Well, I'd like to talk again, then.
那好,我想再谈一次,现在吧。
Go ahead.
你说吧。
I, uh...
我,呃。。。
I-I can't get it out of my head
我。。。我无法忘记你说的有关信任丧失的话。
about what you said
我。。。我无法忘记你说的有关信任丧失的话。
about shattering trust,
我。。。我无法忘记你说的有关信任丧失的话。
and, well,
而且,
I realized I was betting money.
我意识到我是在赌钱。
I even knew I was betting the client's money,
我也知道我是在用客户的钱赌钱。
and I suppose I knew
我想我也知道我是在拿事务所的声誉赌博。
I was gambling with the firm's reputation.
我想我也知道我是在拿事务所的声誉赌博。
What never really hit me
直到你说我是在拿友情在赌博,
until you said what you said
才真正点醒了我。
was that I was wagering friendships,
才真正点醒了我。
and, uh...
而,呃。。。
I guess that means...
我想那意味着。。。
I was willing to,
我是有意而为,
but on that,
但是,对此,
I wasn't really aware.
我真的没有意识到。
I never would have knowingly done that.
我绝对不是故意那样做的。
You people here...
你们这些人。。。
you're really the only thing I have
你们真的是我的唯一
that truly means anything to me.
对我而言真的是意味着一切。
I'm not comfortable telling people I love them,
我不大放得开去跟别人说我喜欢他们,
and especially other men,
尤其是对别的男人,
but, uh...
但是,呃。。。
I do love you, Eugene,
我真的喜欢你,
and for me to risk...
值得我大胆地去表露。。。
I'm an addict.
我是个瘾君子。
But if I ever needed the will to lick this,
但如果我需要意志去战胜它,
I got it now,
我现在明白了,
'cause my friendship with you...
是因为我和你的友情。。。
well...
好了。。。
I hope you know what I'm saying.
我希望你明白我在说什么。
They offered nothing new.
他们没有提交什么新的证据。
The 18-year-old memory
一个可信度极为令人怀疑并未经证实的证人
of an unsubstantiated witness
一个可信度极为令人怀疑并未经证实的证人
whose credibility is highly suspect.
对18年前的记忆。
The only thing she could establish
她能证实的只是她和我的当事人曾短暂相识。
is that she once briefly knew my client.
她能证实的只是她和我的当事人曾短暂相识。
Even if the court were able
即使法庭能接受她炮制出来的东西,
to accept her concoction,
即使法庭能接受她炮制出来的东西,
you would certainly have to recognize, Your Honor,
那法官大人你也必须要承认,
that this newly discovered evidence
这些新发现的证据
could never satisfy at trial
绝对不足以完成超越合理怀疑定罪的举证责任。
the burden of guilt beyond reasonable doubt.
绝对不足以完成超越合理怀疑定罪的举证责任。
Accordingly,
因此,
I ask that my client be released
我要求释放我的客户并驳回相关指控,
and the charges be dismissed,
我要求释放我的客户并驳回相关指控,
this time with prejudice.
这次应是不允许再次起诉的驳回。
We already had an eyewitness...
我们已经有了目击证人。。。
Mrs. Baldwin placing John Pierce
Baldwin夫人证实了John Pierce案发时间在犯罪现场。
at the scene of the crime
Baldwin夫人证实了John Pierce案发时间在犯罪现场。
at the exact time of the crime.
Baldwin夫人证实了John Pierce案发时间在犯罪现场。
We found three Legos inside
我们在Pierce的公♥寓♥内发现了三个乐高积木。
Mr. Pierce's apartment.
我们在Pierce的公♥寓♥内发现了三个乐高积木。
Chad Baldwin was seen playing
这些是Chad Baldwin被人看见在案发现场玩耍的。
with Legos at the scene.
这些是Chad Baldwin被人看见在案发现场玩耍的。
He has convictions for two other child molestation--
他已因另外两起儿童性骚扰案而被定罪。。。
I'm sorry, those will not come into evidence.
打断一下,这些不能作为证据。
GAMBLE: I think they will. They go to pattern.
我认为可以,这些证实了行为模式。
The prejudicial value alone--
这只具有引起偏见的作用。。。
GAMBLE: Civil liberties are less in style
民权主义者比过去少了一些风度,
than they used to be, I would appreciate
如果让我像她刚才那样把话说完,我会不胜感激的
getting to finish my statement
如果让我像她刚才那样把话说完,我会不胜感激的
much like she got to finish hers.
如果让我像她刚才那样把话说完,我会不胜感激的
Go ahead.
继续。
GAMBLE: In addition to Mrs. Baldwin
除了Baldwin夫人证实Pierce
placing Mr. Pierce within 50 feet of her son
在她儿子失踪时离他在50英尺之内,
at the time of the disappearance,
在她儿子失踪时离他在50英尺之内,
in addition to an informant
除了一个检举者作证说
who testified that John Pierce
John Pierce承认了绑♥架♥行为,
admitted to the abduction,
John Pierce承认了绑♥架♥行为,
we now have the testimony
我们现在还有Allison Tucker的证词,
of Allison Tucker,
我们现在还有Allison Tucker的证词,
who says she got Chad Baldwin
她作证说她从John Pierce那儿得到了Chad Baldwin
from John Pierce.
她作证说她从John Pierce那儿得到了Chad Baldwin
Let's not forget, Your Honor,
法官大人,我们不要忘了,
his prior molestation convictions
他过往的性骚扰定罪
will likely come into evidence
将很可能做为犯罪模式证据。
as pattern evidence.
将很可能做为犯罪模式证据。
All of that will be enough
所有这些会足以构成合理怀疑。
to satisfy reasonable doubt.
所有这些会足以构成合理怀疑。
Your Honor, it's unquestionable
法官大人,毫无疑问,
that this matter satisfies
这些满足了可能原因听证会的举证义务
the burden of a probable cause hearing.
这些满足了可能原因听证会的举证义务
I agree.
我认可。
The defendant is bound over.
将被告拘押。
Trial date for the first week of February,
庭审定于二月的第一周,
and, Ms. Lightstone,
还有,Lightstone女士,
Ms. Gamble is correct.
Gamble女士是对的。
There's an excellent chance
陪审团有极好的机会去听取另外那些定罪的骚扰案
the jury will hear about these other
陪审团有极好的机会去听取另外那些定罪的骚扰案
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表