剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
and this could help him--
而这会对有助于他。。。
This is why we should have never represented both of them.
这就是为什么我们绝不应该同时代理他们两个人的原因。
That's something you don't need to tell me.
这些不需要你来告诉我。
The question is, what do we do?
问题是,我们该怎么办?
I don't think there's anything we can do.
我认为我们什么也不能做。
So the congressman is gay?
这个众议员是同性恋?
We just sit back and let an innocent man--
我们就袖手旁观,让这个无辜的人。。。
You tried to convince her to come forward?
你试过说服她主动承认吗?
Oh, yes. She didn't exactly waver in her response.
噢,劝过的。她不为所动。
And Keith knows she did it,
而Keith明知是她干的,
and he's taking the fall?
而他代为受过?
That's another story, but yes.
那是题外话,不过,是这样的。
Have her come in again and see how well she plays poker.
请她再来谈一次,看她能玩得多高明。
Bobby, she doesn't really scare.
Bobby,她一点也不发怵。
Have her come in.
请她来谈谈。
You're taking it personal. It isn't personal!
你太较真儿了。这不是针对你的!
It should be. You--you're the one facing life in a prisoin cell.
应该是的。你。。。是个面临终身监禁的人。
That's right. I'm the one.
没错,我是的。
You can't win this without an attorney, Leonard
你没有律师不可能赢得保释,Leonard
This isn't about winning, Eugene.
这和输赢无关,Eugene.
The Parole Board-- Leonard--
假释委员会。。。
Leonard。。。
They just look at the man now.
他们现在要审视的只是我。
I don't need a lawyer for that.
这事我不需要律师来处理。
Lawyers sometimes can obstruct the view.
律师有时会碍事的。
So this is about punishing me.It is personal.
那这还是责怪我。这就是针对我的。
I know you did the best you could.
我知道你已经尽力了。
I know that.
我知道。
You also know that I paid for half of the investigation
你也知道我自己花钱支付了一半的调查费用
with my own money, so you don't feel entitled to tell me you're angry.
所以你别理直气壮地告诉我你很有气。
Instead, you just dismiss me with this passive-aggressive garbage?
相反地,你居然用阳奉阴违的手段甩开我?
Hey, if I wanna fire you--You sent your wife to say, "Don't come."
- 喂,如果我想要解雇你。。。
- 你让你老婆对我说“不要来。”
You're fired, then, okay?
那你被解雇了,好了吧?
If that's the way you want to hear it, hear it that way.
如果你想以这种方式得知的话,那就让你如愿。
I figured...
我认为。。。
the only chance...
可以让假释委员会放我出去的唯一的机会。。。
to convince the board to let me go
可以让假释委员会放我出去的唯一的机会。。。
is to go in there and put myself before them
就是去假释庭,让我去面对他们。
without the shield of a lawyer.
不需要需隔着律师。
Without the advice, because you know what my advice would be.
是不需要我的忠告,因为你知道我的忠告是什么。。。
Enough! Shut it down!
够了!闭嘴!
What message do you plan to be bringing, Leonard?
你计划的要点是什么,Leonard?
I am innocent.
我是无辜的。
Same message as my trial.
和当时审理案件时一样。
At appeal.
和上诉时也一样。
I'm innocent!
我是无辜的!
You will lose.
你会输掉的。
Now if it seems like I'm taking this personally,
现在如果看起来像我在较真儿,
it's because I know you're innocent,
那是因为我知道你是无辜的。
and I know I'm the lawyer who lost this.
而且我知道我是那个打输了官司的律师。
I got the witnesses lined up.
我已经把证人准备好了。
I've done my homework on the board.
我也摸透了假释委员会。
Let me do this with you, Leonard.
让我和你一起去吧,Leonard.
You got a wife out there, man,
你的妻子就在外边,兄弟。
a son who wants his dad to come home.
还有一个盼着你回家的儿子。
Let me help you.
就让我来帮你吧。
Didn't you explain it to her?
你跟她解释了吗?
Yeah, but she wanted to meet you.
解释了,但是她想要见见你。
Okay.
那好吧。
Mr. Mockler tells me
Mockler先生告诉我
you've pretty much given up hope.
你已经完全放弃希望了。
I'm full of hope now.
我现在充满希望。
I've never been so hopeful in my life.
在我一生中从未如此充满希望。
Ms. Washington...
Who I was when I committed that crime
曾经犯下罪行的我
and who I am now--.
和现在的我。。。
two very different people.
是两个截然不同的人。
I guess that makes me curious
我想我好奇的是,
as to why the person you are now
现在的你为什么盼着被处死刑?
wishes to be executed.
现在的你为什么盼着被处死刑?
Do you know the atrocity of my crime?
你知道我犯下的暴行吗?
I stabbed a woman 78 times.
我捅了一个女人七十八下。
I studied this. I prayed.
我研读了这些。我祈祷。
I was trying to find a way to forgive myself.
我在尽力找到自我宽恕的方法。
And then I saw the truth.
然后我领悟到了真谛。
Forgiveness is somebody else's job.
宽恕是别人的事。
And he's already done it.
而他已经宽恕我了。
He washed me clean the minute I sincerely repented.
在我真诚悔改那一刻,他使我身心洁净。
When you pray,
当你祈祷时,
do you tell God what you want,
你是向上帝倾诉你的愿望,还是聆听上帝的意愿?
or do you ask him what He wants?
你是向上帝倾诉你的愿望,还是聆听上帝的意愿?
God doesn't forgive you so you can die happy.
上帝宽恕你并不是为了让你从容赴死。
I think He washes you clean
我认为他使你身心洁净
so you can start over, so you can learn
是为了让你重新开始,让你领悟,继而去奋斗、做善事。
and struggle and do His work.
是为了让你重新开始,让你领悟,继而去奋斗、做善事。
Walter, you could live another 40 years.
Walter,你还可以活四十年呢。
And how much good could you do in here in that time?
在这么长时间里,你能做多少好事呀?
How many people could you help?
你能帮助多少人?
How many souls could you save?
你能拯救多少人?
Maybe you could start some ministries.
也许你可以做一些牧师的工作,净化他人。
Walter, have you ever thought of that?
Walter,你想过这些吗?
We could file an emergency hearing in first circuit.
我们可以在第一巡回上诉法♥院♥申请一个紧急听证会。
He seemed like he might change his mind.
他看起来可能会改变想法。
Rebecca, let me ask you a question.
Rebecca,我问你一个问题。
Do you think you helped in there?
你觉得你在帮助他吗?
First of all, there aren't any more issues.
首先,这个案件再没什么争议问题了。
We've exhausted them.
我们已经都试过了。
There's always something.
总会有一些的。
No. No, there's not gonna be a stay of execution.
不,不。不会有暂缓执行。
No commutation.
也不会有减刑。
All you succeeded in doing just now is agitating him.
你刚才所做的一切是在成功地鼓动他。
So instead of dying with any sense of closure
所以他死时不再带有宽慰和心灵安宁的感觉。
or feeling at peace with God,
所以他死时不再带有宽慰和心灵安宁的感觉。
he might now feel his death won't be satisfactory penance.
他可能感到他的死不是完美的救赎。
So, the one thing he had left to cling to,
所以,他剩下唯一的可寄托的东西,
you perhaps just stripped him of.
你或许刚好将其剥夺了。
He's not a cause, Rebecca.
他不是一起诉讼案,Rebecca.
He's a human being...
他是一个活生生的人。。。
...who will die on Thursday.
。。。将要在周四死去。
Perhaps a little more painfully now.
而今他或许会带着更多的痛苦去死。
The prison parole officer will testify for you.
监狱的保释官会为你作证。
He supports your release.
他支持对你假释。
Well, you'd think that should be the end of it.
那好,你认为那会是最终的结果吧。
We wish.
希望如此。
The board is made up of four prosecutors,
委员会由四个检方人员组成,
a retired police lieutenant, a probation officer,
一个退休的警督,一个缓刑监督官,
and an advocate for victims' rights.
和一个代表受害方权益的律师。
Stacked.
坐成一排。
Okay.
那好。
Let's turn to it.
让我们进行下一步。
You know what I'm going to say.
你知道我要说什么。
And you know what I'm gonna say when you do.
你也知道当你说时我会说什么。
If you do not take responsibility for the crime,
如果你不承担犯罪的责任,
they will never let you out.
他们不会让你获得保释的。
I will not say that I committed that crime!
我是不会说我犯了罪的!
They won't even adjourn before they vote!
那样的话他们在投票前甚至不需要休会讨论!
I won't say--Go to hell!
我不会说的。。。去死吧你!
You arrogant son of a bitch!
你这个傲慢的婊♥子♥养♥的♥!
Get out of here!
You want to be proud?
- 滚吧你!
- 你想要自豪感吗?
You got a kid at home without a father.
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表