剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
I'm on a plane to Indiana within the hour.
我在一小时内要飞去印第安纳州。
Things seem to be a little coincidental.
事情看似有点巧合。
Your most heinous clients seem to find God
你大多数的死刑犯当事人似乎都信仰了上帝
and waive all their appeals.
并且放弃了所有上诉。
The ones who might be innocent,
那些可能是清白的人,
you push their cases to the end.
你促成终结掉他们的案子。
And you think that's coincidental,
而你认为罪人会倾向去寻求救赎是巧合吗?
that the evil would be more predisposed
而你认为罪人会倾向去寻求救赎是巧合吗?
to seek redemption?
而你认为罪人会倾向去寻求救赎是巧合吗?
You're deciding who lives and who dies, John.
John,你是在决定别人的生死。
The ones you choose not to fight for,
那些你选择不为之抗争的人,
you steer them to find religion.
你引导他们去信奉宗教。
You're conducting some kind of mad triage with your clients.
你是在用某种疯狂的方式将你的客户分类。
No, what's mad is that suggestion.
不,疯狂的是你这种想法。
I called a lot of the families.
我和很多家属交流过。
You influence Death Row inmates to waive appeals,
你对死刑犯施加影响使其放弃上诉寻求救赎。
to seek salvation.
你对死刑犯施加影响使其放弃上诉寻求救赎。
I'm not listening to this.
我懒得听这些。
I used to respect you.
我过去很尊敬你。
All this time I thought you were this big champion
我一直认为你是对抗死刑的最伟大捍卫者。
against the death penalty,and look at what you are.
但你看看你到底是什么。
Do you know when you file for stay of execution with the Supreme Court,
你知道当你提出申诉请求最高法♥院♥暂缓处刑时,
you're lucky if one of the clerks
如果有一个书♥记♥员能瞥一眼你的文件,
even skims your brief?
就已经很幸运了吗?
Know why that is?
知道为什么会这样吗?
Because every attorney for every Death Row inmate files,
因为每个律师为每个死刑犯提交的文件,
claiming his case is special.
都宣称他的案子是特殊的。
And eventually all of them--
而渐渐的,所有人。。。
all of them, even the legitimate ones--
所有人,甚至真正合理的那些。。。
fall on deaf ears.
因为没有人愿意听而失败。
Now, I'll tell you what the problem is, Rebecca.
现在,我告诉你问题出在哪儿,Rebecca。
Defense attorneys have no credibility anymore.
辩护律师已经再没有信用了。
They pay attention when I call
但当我提出申诉时法庭会予以注意,
because I don't waste their time.
是因为我不浪费他们的时间。
There is a reason I've gotten more stays
这是我可以比其他律师拯救更多死刑犯的原因
than any other lawyer.
这是我可以比其他律师拯救更多死刑犯的原因
So you weed out the good cases from the bad
所以你把不好办的案子留下来,
and sacrifice people like Walter Dawson?
而牺牲掉像Walter Dawson那样的人?
I did everything I could for Walter.
为了Walter,我尽了我的所能。
And I will be at his side tonight.
而且今晚我会在他旁边陪他。
Bye Bobby.
再见Bobby。
Finding out it was Leonard who did it
发现是Leonard做的案几乎和失去Jack是一样的痛苦
was almost as painful as losing Jack.
发现是Leonard做的案几乎和失去Jack是一样的痛苦
We were all friends.
我们都是朋友。
At least I thought we were.
至少我认为我们是。
How do you feel about granting parole to this man?
你对准予保释这个人有什么感受?
I'm a Christian woman,
我是个信仰基♥督♥的女人,
so forgiving people is something I have to try to do.
所以宽恕别人是我必须尽力去做的事。
It took me a long time,
对此我用很长时间。
but I did forgive Leonard, and I pray for him.
但我确实原谅了Leonard,而且我为他祈祷。
You've heard the testimony about the prisoner's
你已经听了这许多年来他做为模范囚犯的证言。
exemplary behavior over many years.
你已经听了这许多年来他做为模范囚犯的证言。
Sounds like the Leonard Marshall I used to know.
听起来像我之前所了解的Leonard Marshall。
Are you saying you support parole
你在是说你支持保释杀了你丈夫的凶手,
for your husband's killer, Mrs. Horan?
是吗,Horan女士?
I don't believe in an eye for an eye,
我不相信以暴制暴,
but I wouldn't want another family to be destroyed
但我不希望另一个家庭被像我的家庭一样被毁掉。
like mine was,
但我不希望另一个家庭被像我的家庭一样被毁掉。
so I pray that you keep him in prison
所以我期盼你们把他关到死。
for as long as he lives.
所以我期盼你们把他关到死。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
We'll take a 15-minute break
我们休息15分钟,
and then we'll hear from Mr. Marshall.
然后我们听Marshall先生怎么说。
It comes down to you.
马上就到你了。
I don't think I can say it, Eugene.
我不认为我能说得出口,Eugene。
I cannot say I'm guilty.
我不能说我有罪。
If you don't, Leonard,
如果你不这样的话,Leonard,
you will spend the rest of your life in prison.
你会在监狱里度过余生的。
I swore to my wife and son...
我向我的妻子和儿子发过誓。。。
that I wouldn't let prison make me hard or break me.
我不会让监狱生活使我难过或崩溃。
And if it wasn't for them...
如果不是为了他们。。。
I don't know.
我说不好。
It sounds like you've done better in prison than out.
听起来你在监狱里表现的比出去更好。
I'm sorry?
Well, on the streets,
- 您说什么?
- 在社会上,
you seem to have had trouble holding a job,
你似乎很难找到工作,
and when you got fired from the garage,
当你被修车厂解雇时,
you got angry and committed murder.
你怒火中烧,而且犯下了谋杀。
Is it possibl you do better
你是否可能是在更有约束性的环境里
in a more structured environment?
会表现的更好呢?
What are your plans if you're released?
如果你被释放了,你有什么计划吗?
After what I've been through here,
在我经历过这些之后,
I'd like to find a way
我想要找到一个方法,
to... help kids stay out of trouble,
去…帮助孩子们不惹麻烦,
maybe become a counselor or a teacher or something.
也许成为一个顾问或老师或者什么其他的。
At trial, you denied murdering Jack Horan,
在审判中,你否认了谋杀Jack Horan,
is that correct?
我说的对吗?
Yes.
是的。
And you continued to deny your guilt
而且你在之后的上诉中
throughout the appellate process.
也否认你有罪。
Yes.
是的。
Do you now accept responsibility for your crime?
你现在愿意为你的罪行承担责任了吗?
Mr. Marshall, did you not hear my question?
Marshall,你听到我的问题了吗?
I heard the question.
我听到了。
Sir, Mrs. Horan is sitting right there.
先生,Horan女士就在那儿坐着。
She's been waiting 12 years
她等了12年
for you to finally tell the truth.
等你告诉她事实。
Is that gonna happen today?
她今天会等到吗?
Mrs. Horan...
Horan女士。。。
I know you suffered so much.
我很理解你遭受的痛苦。
And I'm sorry...
而且我很难过。。。
...but I did not kill your husband.
。。。但是我没有杀你的丈夫。
Mr. Marshall...
Marshall先生。。。
Taking responsibility means admitting the crime.
承担责任意味着承认罪行。
Even if it's not the truth?
即使没有做也要承认吗?
Leonard--
Leonard。。。
Mr. Marshall, I will remind you, sir,
Marshall先生,我提醒你,
accountability is a condition for parole.
保释的前提是你要认罪。
I didn't kill anybody.
Leonard, don't.
- 我没有杀任何人。
- Leonard,别这样。
You're telling me, to get out of here...
你在告诉我,为了离开这里。。。
...I got to show you I'm a good man.
我必须向你展示出我是一个好人。
And the only way to do that
而且为了做到这一点的唯一方法
is to lie and say I'm a killer.
就是撒谎说我是一个凶手。
Well, I am not a killer!
然而,我不是凶手!
I am not a killer!
我不是凶手!
Are you done?
你说完了吗?
I am not done.
我没有说完。
You see...
要知道。。。
you have to make me say I killed him,
你必须让我承认杀了人,
because otherwise,
因为如果不这样,
you have to face the fact
你必须面对事实,
that you've got an innocent man sitting in jail
事实就是你们让一个无辜的人
for 12 years, for something he didn't do.
因为他没有犯的罪而服刑十二年。
You just want to pretend
你不过是想装成你们只把有罪的人送进了监狱。
you only got guilty people in prison.
你不过是想装成你们只把有罪的人送进了监狱。
Mr. Marshall, I warn you--
Marshall先生,我警告你…
You warn me what?
你警告我什么?
That I'm not going to get parole?
警告我将得不到保释?
I was never going to get parole.
我从来不会得到保释。
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表