剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
让受害人父母坐在那儿听到这些真是太糟了。。。
You can advise the parents to leave the room. Why don't you?
你可以建议他们离开呀,你为什么不这么做呢?
This is your defense? That the sex was consensual?
这就是你的辩护策略?自愿性行为?
This is his defense, Your Honor,
这是他的辩护策略,法官大人。
and you can take me off whenever you please.
您愿意的话,可以随时把我赶出去。
Assuming that Mr. Young does, in fact, have a good-faith basis
假设Young先生在这个问题上确实是基于诚信的,
for the question, I'll allow it.
我将允许这个辩护策略。
Your Honor--
法官大人。。。
he's entitled to put on a defense, counsel.
他有权选择辩护策略,律师。
But tread lightly, Eugene.
但悠着点,Eugene
Now step back.
现在退下吧。
YOUNG: Detective...
警探先生。。。
is it possible the sex here was consensual, yes or no?
有自愿性行为的可能性吗,是还是不是?
I suppose it's possible, but--
我觉得有可能,但是。。。
Thank you, sir.
谢谢你,先生。
That's all.
我问完了。
MAN: Sorry, ma'am, no bags inside.
对不起,夫人,包不能带进去。
Can I get a piece of paper and a pen?
我可以带纸笔进去吗?
MAN: No, ma'am. No writing materials.
不行,夫人,书写用品也不行
Sorry, ma'am.
对不起,夫人
What's wrong?
怎么了?
Closed courtroom. Only the lawyers.
封闭开庭,只能让律师进去。
This is the man's wife.
这是那人的妻子。
Orders of the court, ma'am. No visitors.
法庭的命令,夫人,闲杂人等免进。
Please, he's my husband. I haven't seen him in weeks.
拜托了,他是我的丈夫,我几个星期没见到他了。
Ma'am, I'm sorry.
夫人,对不起。
You're just following orders, right?
你们就是奉命而为,是吗?
Okay, I'm sorry.
那好吧
I understand.
我表示理解。
Go ahead, Rebecca.
Rebecca,你去吧。
Just please tell Bill I'm out here.
一定要告诉Bill我在外面。
I heard the screaming, and I knew something wasn't right,
我听到了尖叫声,我觉得事情不太对头。
so I opened my apartment door and looked out,
所以我打开公♥寓♥的门往外看,
and there he was.
他在那里。
This man right here?
就是那个男人吗?
SOLOTKIN: Yes. He was dressed ratty, like a bum,
是的,他穿着邋遢,像个流浪汉,
and he didn't smell too good either.
而且也让人觉得很不对劲。
GAMBLE: Did he say anything?
他说了什么吗?
SOLOTKIN: No, but as soon as he saw I was looking at him,
没有,但当他看到我在看着他的时候,
he ran for the stairs.
他跑向楼梯。
GAMBLE: You're absolutely sure
你能确定这个人
this is the man you saw leave Ms. McLaughlin's apartment?
就是那个你看到他离开McLaughlin公♥寓♥的人吗?
Positive.
绝对肯定。
GAMBLE: Right after you heard screaming?
在你听到尖叫声之后吗?
SOLOTKIN: That's right.
对。
YOUNG: Did you know the victim, Mrs. Solotkin?
Solotkin夫人,你认识受害人吗?
Not personally, but I'd seen her.
没什么私交,但我见过她。
Ever talk to her?
和她有过交谈吗?
Not really.
没怎么谈过。
So you don't know her voice.
那么说你听不出她的嗓音来。
No.
听不出。
Wouldn't recognize her scream?
可能听不出她的叫声吧?
No, but I'm assuming it must have been her.
听不出来,但我想一定是她。
The scream came at the time she was killed.
那尖叫声是她被杀的时候传出来的。
YOUNG: You're assuming.
你还是在假设。
Do you know many black people?
你认识很多黑人吗?
Objection.
反对。
Have any black friends?
有黑人朋友吗?
KITTLESON: Mr. Young, what are you doing?
Young先生,你在干什么?
Laying a foundation, Your Honor.
奠定一个基础,法官大人。
A foundation for what?
奠定什么的基础?
If I could be allowed to proceed, I'll get there.
如果你允许我继续下去,就知道了。
Do you recall the question?
你还记得那个问题吗?
About black people?
关于黑人?
I don't really know any that well.
我确实不太了解。
But you know for sure it was my client
但是哪怕你只从大堂看了我的当事人一眼,
even though you saw him for just a moment
你就能确定是他吗?
from down the hall?
你就能确定是他吗?
Well, I don't know for sure.
这个,我不能确定。
It could have been somebody else
我想也可能是长得和他非常像的别的什么人吧
who looked exactly like him, I suppose.
我想也可能是长得和他非常像的别的什么人吧
Thank you, ma'am.
谢谢你,夫人。
Nothing further.
没有要问的了。
KITTLESON: The witness may step down.
证人可以退席了。
Ms. Gamble?
Gamble女士?
The Commonwealth rests.
控方举证完毕。
Mr. Young?
Young先生,你呢?
The defense calls Dr. Donald Sideman.
辩方传唤Donald Sideman博士出庭作证。
You gotta be kidding!
开什么玩笑!
If I can't put on a defense, why don't we lynch him?
如果我不能进行辩护举证,何不把被告私刑处决算了?
Mr. Young is trying to make this about race--
Young先生试图打种族牌。。。
Move to strike!
请求对此不予记录!
Counsel, get up here.
律师,到我这儿来。
I will hold both of you in contempt
如果你们再这样情绪激动,
if there's another such outburst.
我会判你们两个藐视法庭。
Who is Dr. Sideman?
Sideman博士是什么人?
He testifies white people can't tell one black man from another.
他会作证说白人无法区分黑人。
Sorry?
什么?
He's an expert on cross-racial impairment of eyewitnesses.
他是一个有关目击证人在垮种族认知缺陷方面的专家
This has been rejected by other courts.
这在其他法♥院♥已是被不予采纳的。
Plus, Mr. Young gave no notice.
何况,Young先生也没有事先知会。
YOUNG: I didn't know race would be an issue.
我不知道种族问题会是个问题。
You are the one making race an issue.
你现在就在打种族牌。
If I can't call this witness, I'll take you up,
如果我不能传唤这个证人,我就跟你干上了,
emergency appeal, and I want a mistrial.
提出紧急上诉,我巴不得搞出一个无效审判来。
You may call Dr. Sideman.
你可以传唤Sideman博士作证。
You're letting him run your court.
您在任由他掌控您的法庭
I run my court, Ms. Gamble.
Gamble女士,是我在掌控
If Dr. Sideman is a buffoon,
如果Sideman博士是个无知的小丑,
I will instruct the jury to disregard.
我会指示陪审团无视他的证词。
REBECCA: He's been kept from his family for three weeks,
他被强行和家人分离已经三个星期了,
and we don't know what he's been charged with.
而我们都不知道他因何被指控。
He hasn't been charged with anything.
还没有对他提起任何指控。
Then how and why are you holding him?
那你们怎么能扣押他?为什么要扣押他?
MCNALLY: He's being held as a material witness.
他是作为一个关键证人而被扣押的。
WASHINGTON: To what?
针对什么?
That information I can't reveal.
这种信息我不能透露。
WASHINGTON: How do I represent him
如果我不知道他被扣押的原因,
if I can't be told why he's being held?
我怎么维护他的利益?
This case involves information obtained
这个案子涉及到从外国情报监视行动中获得的信息。
through the foreign-intelligence surveillance act.
这个案子涉及到从外国情报监视行动中获得的信息。
Mr. McNally, I appreciate your concern for national security,
McNally先生,我感谢你对国♥家♥安♥全♥的关心,
but I'm going to do my part
但我会尽我的职责保维护我们的宪法。
to safeguard what is left of our constitution.
但我会尽我的职责保维护我们的宪法。
Get Mr. Habib into this courtroom.
把Habib先生带到法庭来。
Let him see his lawyer and his wife,
让他见他的律师和妻子,
and we are going to make sure
我们要确保他至少能得到某种形式的听证会。
that he gets at least some kind of hearing.
我们要确保他至少能得到某种形式的听证会。
Your honor, I don't think you have the authority--
法官大人,我认为您无权。。。
Counsel!
律师!
These are strange times,
这是个奇怪的时代,
And nobody is quite sure who has what authority,
没人能确定什么人有什么样的权力。
I grant you,
我接受你的说法
but you don't want to be testing mine.
但你不会想要来碰我的。
If I don't see Mr. Habib in this room
如果我在这个法庭上,看不到Habib和他的律师和妻子相见。
with his lawyer and his wife,
如果我在这个法庭上,看不到Habib和他的律师和妻子相见。
you are going to be held in contempt.
你会因判藐视法庭而被收押。
Many eyewitnesses have a hard time
很多目击证人都很难正确地识别出其他种族的嫌疑人
correctly identifying suspects
很多目击证人都很难正确地识别出其他种族的嫌疑人
who are of another race.
很多目击证人都很难正确地识别出其他种族的嫌疑人
We call that "cross-racial impairment."
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表