剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
只是基于一个人的非常可疑的证言
of one man, Attorney Bobby Donnell.
这个人是律师Bobby Donnell。
I have to object. Bobby Donnell,
- 我必须对此提出反对
- Bobby Donnell,
the prosecution's only witness,
控方的唯一证人,
was charged with the passing of information
曾被指控从地检办公室透露信息
from the D. A.'s office
曾被指控从地检办公室透露信息
that resulted in the deaths of two police officers.
导致两名警官死亡。
He was also charged with the murder
他也曾被指控谋杀了William Hinks
of a third man William Hinks.
他也曾被指控谋杀了William Hinks
MITCHELL: Mr. Donnell was cleared of any wrongdoing
法官大人,这两起案件中,
in both cases, Your Honor.
Donnell先生被裁定没有任何不法行为。
Are we to believe anything that Mr. Donnell says?
我们该相信Donnell先生的话吗?
In fact, I have it on authority
实际上,我从可靠方面获悉
that the very reason Mr. Donnell was chosen
Donnell先生被选中来实施这个所谓的诱捕行动。
to try to pull off
Donnell先生被选中来实施这个所谓的诱捕行动。
this alleged sting operation
是有充分理由的。
in the first place...
首先。。。
we are not here to talk--
我们在这儿不是要讨论。。。
Mr. Mitchell,
be grateful I am not exposing all
你得感谢我没有
of your so-called witness's well-documented exploits,
把你那所谓的证人在法庭内外有据可查的行为
both in and out of the courtroom.
全抖落出来。
But for reasons of this hearing,
但说到这次听证的理由,
is Judge Fleming a flight risk? No.
Fleming法官有逃逸风险吗?没有。
Does he present a danger to the community?
他对社会会造成危险吗?
Certainly not.
当然不会。
Your Honor, all I ask
法官大人,我所要求的是
is that you consider the merits of this case
请你在否决他的保释前,
before denying his liberty.
考虑一下案件实际情况。
Mr. Donnell is not the kind of person
Donnell先生不是那种
this great country's Department of Justice
这个伟大国家的司法部门应该依靠其来找寻真♥相♥的人。
should be relying on in its search for truth.
这个伟大国家的司法部门应该依靠其来找寻真♥相♥的人。
The people certainly deserve
人♥民♥当然理应得到比Bobby Donnell更好的人选。
better than Bobby Donnell.
人♥民♥当然理应得到比Bobby Donnell更好的人选。
The defendant will surrender his passport
被告要把护照交由本庭书♥记♥员。
to the clerk of the court.
被告要把护照交由本庭书♥记♥员。
Bail is set at $25,000.
保释金定为二万五千美金。
GAMBLE: Have you seen where Bobby went?
你看见Bobby去哪里了吗?
I didn't notice, no.
没有,我没注意。
Now, I'll be honest.
我实话实说。
In the end, it's worth all the trouble,
最终,这些麻烦都是值得的。
don't you think?
你不这样认为吗?
What are you talking about?
你什么意思?
We got him.
我们抓到他了。
Got him?
抓到他了?
You haven't gone to trial.
还没有经过审判呢。
No, we probably won't.
不,我们也许不会的。
Most likely Fleming will plead.
Fleming很可能会接受认罪协议。
He'll resign from the bench,
他会辞去法官职务。
He'll serve maybe three years,
他会接受服刑三年,缓刑两年。
and get probation for two.
他会接受服刑三年,缓刑两年。
Look...
听着。。。
Anderson just hung Bobby out
Anderson刚刚使Bobby无助地处于困境。
to dry in there.
Anderson刚刚使Bobby无助地处于困境。
You plead this out, you'll give everyone
你达成控辩交易了,会给所有人一个印象,
the impression the Feds can't build a case
联邦调查局仅凭Bobby的证言无法立案。
on Bobby's testimony.
联邦调查局仅凭Bobby的证言无法立案。
We probably can't.
我们可能确实无法立案。
Then why did you involve him in the first place?
那你为什么一开始就把他牵扯进来?
He was our best shot at making this investigation a success.
他是使我们的调查成功的最佳人选。
No matter what the cost.
不顾代价。
MITCHELL: Look, I have to decide if I can win this case.
听着,我必须要判断我们是否能赢下此案。
The clerk's not talking,
书♥记♥员拒绝供述。
and Donnell simply lacks credibility.
而Donnell确实缺乏可信度。
Now, we have limited resources
我们资源有限,
and I'm not about to spend them
我不想只是为了看到Fleming被送进监狱
on some long, expensive trial
我不想只是为了看到Fleming被送进监狱
just to see that Fleming winds up in jail.
而耗用这些资源。
He's off the bench.
他做不成法官。
He's gone.
他就完蛋了。
That's all that matters.
这才是最重要的。
GAMBLE: Let me talk to Fleming.
让我和Fleming谈谈。
I'll be the good cop.
我来唱白脸。
He knows me.
他认识我。
There's got to be more there.
我去谈肯定有更多的好处。
Look, it's the least you can do
听着,这是你来这里搞成这么大♥麻♥烦后
after coming in here
听着,这是你来这里搞成这么大♥麻♥烦后
and making such a mess.
起码能做到的。
I don't know the purpose of this.
我不知道这样做有什么意义。
My client maintains his innocence.
我的当事人坚称他是清白的。
We have nothing to offer.
我们没有什么可提供的。
Your honor...
法官大人。。。
you're not the real target
你并不是这次政♥府♥调查的真正目标。
of the government's investigation.
你并不是这次政♥府♥调查的真正目标。
They're simply looking for a way in.
他们只是想找个突破口。
They still need to know
他们还是需要了解这个组织计划里有多少其他人参与。
how many others were involved in the scheme.
他们还是需要了解这个组织计划里有多少其他人参与。
Helen,
don't treat me like a child.
别把我当小孩看。
And let's not waste any time discussing a scheme.
别在讨论什么组织计划上浪费时间了。
There was no scheme.
根本就没有这回事。
If you reveal the attorneys who participated,
如果你揭露那些参与的律师
the Department of Justice
司法部会给你提供一份合理的控辩交易。
will make you a reasonable offer.
司法部会给你提供一份合理的控辩交易。
Please.
仔细想想吧,
Consider taking advantage of this.
利用这个机会。
You can help yourself here.
你可以自救。
He'll help himself
他要自救就通过出庭审理。
by seeing this through to trial.
他要自救就通过出庭审理。
Do you honestly expect to prove this
你真的期望能超越合理怀疑地证明他有罪吗?
beyond a reasonable doubt?
你真的期望能超越合理怀疑地证明他有罪吗?
On what basis?
靠什么?
Bobby Donnell's testimony?
Bobby Donnell的证词吗?
If we could have just another minute,
如果能给我们一分钟时间,
I think we can make some progress here.
我认为我们就能得到一些进展了。
Your Honor...
法官大人。。。
I'm--I'm so sorry.
我。。。对不起。
Get him out of here.
带他出去吧。
MITCHELL: Sir?
先生?
Mr. Fleming?
Fleming法官?
I need time to consult with my client.
我需要些时间和我当事人谈谈。
I got a call from a friend who sits federal court,
我的一个联邦法♥院♥的朋友给我打电♥话♥了
so I know what happened.
我知道什么情况了。
It's a big deal,
这是件大事,
about Fleming, of course,
对于Fleming自然是的,
but also about Bobby getting lynched by Anderson.
但对于Bobby被Anderson吊起来修理来说也是。
I came by to see how he's doing.
我来看看他怎么样了。
He's in his office.
他在他办公室里。
He won't talk.
他不想说话。
Well, that's Bobby.
嗯,Bobby就是那样的。
Yeah.
是呀。
That's Bobby.
他就是那样。
Yeah, I should have been at the arraignment,
我本来该去参加传讯的,
but I've been up to my neck with work,
但我手头工作太多了,
and Judge Fleming is someone I admired,
而且Fleming是我所尊敬的人,
so out of respect...
所以出于尊重。。。
Bobby didn't want me there.
Bobby不希望我去。
Did he say that?
他明说了吗?
Oh, come on, Helen.
噢,得了吧,Helen,
Bobby can make his point perfectly clear
Bobby不用说话就可以把他的意思表达清楚的。
without saying a word.
Bobby不用说话就可以把他的意思表达清楚的。
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表