剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
GAMBLE: So the only person who saw you that night
那么说当晚唯一看到你的人就是Callie Fairbanks。
was Callie Fairbanks.
那么说当晚唯一看到你的人就是Callie Fairbanks。
No, she got it wrong.
不对,她弄错了。
GAMBLE: Oh, she got it wrong?
噢,她弄错了?
Objection!
反对!
Yes, she did.
是的,她弄错了。
WHITE: Overruled.
反对无效。
You raped her, almost killed her.
你强♥奸♥了她,差点儿杀了她。
Objection! Sustained.
- 反对!
- 反对有效。
Now, you're lying about it.
现在,你正对此撒谎。
I'm not lying.
我没撒谎。
GAMBLE: I see.
我懂了。
You beat up women.
你殴打妇女。
You're an armed robber,
你持械抢劫,
but you're not a rapist.
但你不是个强♥奸♥犯。
You go out several nights a week to Jasper's,
你一周去Jasper's酒吧好几次,
but the night Callie Fairbanks was raped,
但Callie Fairbanks被强♥奸♥的当晚,
you just happened to be home alone.
你却刚好独自在家呆着。
That's your testimony.
这就是你的证词。
Yes!
没错!
I don't rape.
我没有强♥奸♥。
You didn't protect me. YOUNG: Jerry--
- 你没有保护我。
- Jerry。。。
JERRY: You let her go off on me.
你让她对我肆意责难。
Calm down. JERRY: You're pulling punches in there, Eugene.
- 冷静点。
- 你在庭上对她手下留情了,Eugene。
I didn't pull no punches
我是手下留情了,
in there, and I'm not pulling them with you.
而且我也没有拦着他们。
We got to plea this out. What?
- 我们得接受认罪协议。
- 什么?
BERLUTI: Jerry, if we lose here,
Jerry,如果我们输了,
your third strike, you're gone for good.
你就是惯犯罪,你就要被关一辈子。
It's too risky not to think about pleading.
你不考虑认罪交易太冒风险了。
Okay.
好吧。
Okay.
好吧。
I got a twin brother.
我有一个双胞胎兄弟。
He gonna pay you a visit.
他会来找你们的。
Why? JERRY: Because he is.
- 为什么?
- 因为他是我双胞胎兄弟。
You just listen to what he got to say.
你只要听听他要说的就行。
McCONNACLE: Your Honor, this is an outrage.
法官大人,这是一起暴行。
Lawrence O'Malley was acquitted.
Lawrence O'Malley已被判无罪。
The state doesn't like that result
州政♥府♥不满意这个结果,
so they're seeking to lock him up civilly.
所以他们寻机以民事拘押为名把他关起来。
It's a blatant end around double jeopardy,
这是明目张胆地绕开一罪不二审的原则,
not to mention the constitution,
更不用说绕开宪法了,
and it offends every notion of justice.
这违背了有关正义的所有理念。
SCANNEL: This isn't about locking him up for a crime.
这并不是因为犯罪而对其进行拘押。
McCONNACLE: Yes, it is.
这是的。
And don't offend my intelligence
不要侮辱我的智商
or the integrity of this court by pretending--
或触犯这个法庭的正直,假装。。。
If Ms. McConnacle could climb down
如果McConnacle女士能暂时把她的即兴演讲停一下的话。。。
from her soapbox for a second--
如果McConnacle女士能暂时把她的即兴演讲停一下的话。。。
McCONNACLE: I have every right to be on a soapbox.
我有权发表即兴演讲。
This is a despicable abuse of police power.
这是警♥察♥权力可耻的滥用。
SPINDLE: I'm inclined to agree, Mr. Scannel.
Scannel先生,我倾向于同意
You lose at the criminal proceeding,
你们输掉了刑事诉讼,
so you simply try to incarcerate him civilly.
所以你们就想以民事拘押方式把他关起来。
That doesn't violate double jeopardy?
这不违反一罪不二审原则吗?
SCANNEL: He was acquitted of murder.
他的谋杀罪被判罪名不成立。
He nevertheless
尽管如此
professes to be Hannibal Lecter.
他公开宣称他是汉尼拔。
He eats people.
他吃了人。
How can this court,
这个法庭,
or any government institution
或者旨在保护公众的任何政♥府♥机构,
that purports to safeguard the public,
或者旨在保护公众的任何政♥府♥机构,
allow him to just--
怎么能允许他就这样。。。
Has he threatened anybody?
他威胁谁了吗?
Yes.
是的。
His own former lawyers
他自己以前的律师害怕他。
are afraid of him.
他自己以前的律师害怕他。
They're here to give testimony.
他们来此作证。
McCONNACLE: Let them get restraining orders if they feel--
如果他们害怕就申请禁制令好了。。。
SCANNEL: It's not that simple.
没那么简单。
Your client is sick.
你的当事人是病态的。
McCONNACLE: So let's help get him treatment then.
那么就让我们帮他治病吧。
You're seeking to throw him into an asylum and lock him up.
可你们是在要把他扔进收♥容♥所♥关起来。
All right.
好吧。
Look, it smells pretty bad,
听着,这件事真的很让人恶心,
Mr. Scannel.
Scannel先生
The government didn't even try this
政♥府♥甚至都没有这么对待O·J·辛普森。
with O. J.
政♥府♥甚至都没有这么对待O·J·辛普森。
I'd like you to hear from Lindsay Dole, Your Honor,
法官大人,我想请你听取Lindsay Dole,
and perhaps from some of Mr. O'Malley's
也许还有O'Malley先生自己的医生的说法。
own doctors.
也许还有O'Malley先生自己的医生的说法。
Those doctors were hired by the lawyers
那些医生是律师雇来为了证明精神失常的辩护理由的。
for the purpose of building
那些医生是律师雇来为了证明精神失常的辩护理由的。
an insanity defense.
那些医生是律师雇来为了证明精神失常的辩护理由的。
SPINDLE: Okay, Ms. McConnacle.
好了,McConnacle女士。
The court notes your outrage.
法庭注意到你的愤慨了。
Mr. Scannel,
Scannel先生,
I am not leaning your way,
我不是倾向于你的观点,
but I'll let you call your witnesses.
但我会允许你传唤你的证人。
9:00 tomorrow.
明天九点。
Until then Mr. O'Malley stays in custody.
在那之前,O'Malley先生继续收押。
We are adjourned.
休庭。
Clarice.
Lawrence.
What are you doing, Clarice?
Clarice,你在干什么?
Come on, Lawrence. Don't talk to her.
走吧,Lawrence,别跟她说话。
All right, sir.
走吧,先生。
You were with your brother?
你和你的哥哥在一起?
DR. COCHRAN: Not for the entire evening,
不是整晚都在一起,
but I was at his apartment
但我是从八点半到十点间在他的公♥寓♥。
from about 8:30 to 10:00.
但我是从八点半到十点间在他的公♥寓♥。
That's kind of convenient.
这说的有点太轻巧了吧。
YOUNG: If it is true,
如果这是真的,
why have you waited until now
为什么你等到现在才说,
to come forward
为什么你等到现在才说,
or why didn't your brother tell us this?
或者为什么你哥哥不告诉我们这些呢?
I'm an oncologist, Mr. Young.
我是个肿瘤专家,Young先生。
I have a fairly distinguished career.
我的事业做得相当杰出。
I have a family.
我有家庭。
If I were to testify in this trial,
如果我出庭作证,
I'm afraid the public association would...
我怕公众会联想到。。。
my brother was respecting my wishes,
我的哥哥尊重我的想法,
but he now tells me that he could lose.
但他现在告诉我他不能输掉这个案子。
And in good conscience,
本着良心,
I can no longer stay silent.
我再也不能保持沉默了。
You close to your brother?
你和你的哥哥关系好吗?
Yes, I am.
是的,我们很亲近。
And you're asking us to believe
但你要我们相信
you sat quiet on an alibi
你因为怕和你哥哥有关联而影响你的事业,
because being associated
你因为怕和你哥哥有关联而影响你的事业,
with your brother
就对不在现场证明缄口不言?
would hurt your career?
就对不在现场证明缄口不言?
That's correct.
没错。
YOUNG: And that your brother was willing
而且你的哥哥也愿意让你缄口不言,
to let you stay quiet
而且你的哥哥也愿意让你缄口不言,
and face life in prison
宁愿面临终身监禁也不想玷污你的事业?
rather than blemish your career?
宁愿面临终身监禁也不想玷污你的事业?
Wow.
哇呜。
I was at his apartment
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表