剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
DEBORAH: They told me you were busy. Thanks for seeing me.
他们告诉我你很忙。谢谢你见我。
It's been a long time.
已经很久没见了。
Five years.
五年了
When you left the bank, I remember Bill saying
你离开银行的时候,我记得Bill说
that you got a job in a law firm.
你在一家律师事务所找了份工作
How is Bill? Is he okay?
Bill怎么样了?一切都好吗?
No.
不。
Jimmy, he's not.
Jimmy,他境况不佳。
Please.
请坐。
It started slow.
开始是挺缓慢的。
He would forget things.
他会忘事。
Like amnesia?
像健忘症?
No. He's delusional.
不,他有妄想症。
Bill's schizophrenic.
他是精神分♥裂♥症患者。
I'm sorry.
我很难过。
He's been like this for almost five years.
他这样差不多有五年了。
I can't care for him alone anymore.
我再也不能一个人照顾他了。
There's a home-- a mental institution.
有一个家庭。。。一个精神病院。
I put him there two years ago.
两年前我把他安置在那儿。
Tell me how I can help.
我能帮什么忙。
For the most part, he's lived there without any problems,
在大多数情况下,他住在那里没有任何问题,
and then, about eight months ago,
然后,大约八个月前,
he fell out a window.
他从窗户摔了出去。
He fell out a window?
他从窗户摔了出去?
On the seventh floor.
从七楼。
Oh, my God.
噢,天啊。
But he survived? DEBORAH: Yes.
- 但他活下来了?
- 是的。
A canopy on the third floor broke his fall.
三楼的一个雨棚挡了他一下。
That and a man named Edward Green.
那时有个叫Edward Green的人。
Who?
谁?
An accountant who happened to be walking by the building.
一个刚好路过大楼的会计师。
Bill landed on him and killed him instantly.
Bill掉下去当即砸死了他。
Bill's being sued, Jimmy.
Jimmy,Bill被起诉了。
Me too. I'm his legal guardian.
我也是。因为我是他的法定监护人
Deborah, if you need a lawyer, I'll do whatever I can.
Deborah,如果你需要律师,我会尽我所能的。
He thinks he's Superman.
他认为自己是超人。
Excuse me?
你说什么?
My husband...
我丈夫。。。
thinks that he is...
觉得他自己是。。。
Superman.
超人。
I'm not sure what to say to that.
对此我都不知道该说什么。
I know it sounds absurd. But it's not.
我知道这听起来很荒谬,但不是的。
In his mind, he really believes it, Jimmy.
他脑海中,他是真这么想的,Jimmy
And what scares me--
我害怕的是。。。
I don't think he fell out that window.
我觉得他不是从窗户摔出去的。
I think he was trying to fly.
我觉得他是想飞。
I've got a hearing that day.
那天我有个听证会。
So do I, and mine's in Federal Court.
我也有,而且我的是在联邦法庭。
We're not making child-care decisions based on jurisdiction.
我们又不是根据司法管辖权来决定谁带孩子。
Please, I need you to help me this one time.
拜托,我需要你帮我这一次。
We need to find a new baby-sitter.
我们需要找个新保姆。
I understand, but I've got a full plate.
我明白,但是我的工作已经全安排满了。
So do I, but that never seems to count.
我也是,但我的似乎永远也不算个事。
Meanwhile, you keep taking on new cases.
同时,你你却还在不断地接新案子。
I'm being criticized for that now?
我现在是因此而受到指责吗?
We need new cases to keep this place running.
我们需要接新案子维持事务所的运营。
Sometimes you need to choose family before work.
有些时候,你需要家庭优先于工作。
Sorry-- this sounds like a pretty good fight,
打扰一下。。。听起来吵得挺热闹的。
but they're all waiting.
但他们都在等你们呢。
The Munces need our help.
Munces夫妇需要帮助。
A lot of people need our help, Jimmy.
很多人都需要我们帮助,Jimmy。
But I know these people. Bill Munce was my friend.
但我认识他们,Bill Munce是我的朋友。
So why are they just hiring you now?
那为什么他们现在才请你当律师?
The hospital told them they'd work out a settlement
医院告诉他们,应该和受害人的妻子商量出一个和解方案,
with the victim's wife, but they couldn't make a deal,
但是他们没有达成协议。
so it's going to trial.
所以就要上庭了。
When?
什么时候?
Two days.
两天后。
You can't just jump into a complicated tort case
你不能就这样陷入一桩
on two days' notice.
提前两天才通知的复杂侵权案件里。
JIMMY: It's not complicated.
这事并不复杂。
Everybody agrees he's nuts,
谁都认可他是疯子,
everybody agrees he pancaked the guy.
谁也都认可他拍在那人身上。
EUGENE: We're talking about priorities--
我们谈的是优先事项。。。
taking on new clients
当你已经有需要去费心的案子时,
when you already have cases that need your attention.
却去接一个新客户。
It won't take that long, I promise.
我保证,这花不了多少时间
Defending a wrongful-death case means no contingency.
为不当致死案件辩护是没有风险代理费的。
These people got nobody else to turn to.
他们没有别人可求了。
One day. That's all you get.
只给你一天。
BOBBY: If the case doesn't settle, I want you out.
如果这案子达不成和解,我希望你退出。
That's all I ask.
我要的就是这个。
Now, I gotta go.
现在,我得走了
Wait, Jimmy, I'm going with you.
等下,Jimmy,我跟你一起吧。
Lindsay-- LINDSAY: We need a baby sitter.
- Lindsay。。。
- 我们要找个保姆。
I suggest you start looking.
我建议你马上开始找吧
Bill's been deeply affected by this.
Bill对此很受刺♥激♥。
He sees himself as Superman.
他把自己视为超人。
Heroes don't kill innocent people.
而英雄是不会伤害无辜的。
Did you tell him we were coming?
你告诉他我们来了吗?
DR. BERNARD: Yes, of course.
当然告诉了。
JIMMY: What should I call him, "Bill" or "Superman"?
我该怎么称呼他,“Bill”还是“超人”?
DR. BERNARD: Normally, "Bill."
按一般的叫法,“Bill”。
We do our best here not to indulge the delusion.
我们尽量不纵容这些错觉。
When we do, it's only to keep them calm.
我们这样做只是为了使其保持平静状态。
LINDSAY: Won't the medication help him with that?
药物对他有帮助吗?
DR. BERNARD: To some extent.
某种程度上有。
But Bill's not responding to the current drugs.
但Bill对目前使用的药物没有反应。
I wish I could say he's improving.
我希望我能说他有起色。
But he's not.
但他没有。
So the Bill Munce I knew...
那么说,我所熟悉的Bill Munce。。。
DR. BERNARD: Is almost completely gone, Mr. Berluti.
几乎完全不存在了,Berluti先生。
But he's still there.
但他还在那儿。
He still has rare moments of lucidity.
他还有难得的清醒时刻
DR. BERNARD: You need to understand,
你们要理解,
Bill Munce is mentally ill.
Bill Munce是精神病。
That means he can be unpredictable,
那就是说他会难以捉摸,
even unreasonable.
甚至是不可理喻的。
Jimmy!
Bill.
I'm sorry.
不好意思。
When they said my friend Jimmy was here,
他们跟我说我朋友Jimmy来了,
I assumed they meant Jimmy Olsen.
我以为是说Jimmy Olsen。
BILL: Have we met?
我们认识吗?
No. I don't think we have.
不。我想我们不认识的。
JIMMY: I'm Jimmy Berluti.
我是Jimmy Berluti
This is Lindsay Dole.
这是Lindsay Dole
We're your lawyers.
我们是你的律师。
Oh, you must be here about the accident.
哦,你们一定是来这里处理这次事故的。
LINDSAY: Yes, we were hoping to talk about that.
是的,我们希望就此讨论一下。
Well, I don't know what more I can say.
那好,我不知道还能多说出些什么了。
It was a busy morning.
那是一个忙碌的早上。
And the attendants here at times
那时服务员让我有点。。。分神了
can get me a little... distracted.
那时服务员让我有点。。。分神了
I tried to fly without my cape.
我试着不♥穿♥斗篷去飞。
Your cape?
你的斗篷?
BILL: All I can say is...
我能说的就是。。。
I made a mistake.
我犯了个错误。
It's just...
只是。。。
I didn't realize the cape was that important.
我没有认识到斗篷的重要性。
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表