剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
如果你当晚进到那大楼里了。。。
I'm not accusing you of the murder,
我不是在说你杀了人,
but if you went into that building at all,
但如果你要是进去了,
I prefer we-- we admit it and deal with it.
我倾向于我们。。。我们要对此承认并争取达成交易。
I did not go into the building.
我没有去那幢大楼里。
I'm sorry.
抱歉。
I had to ask.
我必须要问。
Please don't ask me again.
请别再追问我了。
Jimmy, could you give us a second?
Jimmy,请回避一下?
I think I need to explain.
我想我应该解释一下。
Over the last few months, I've...
在过去的几个月里,我。。。
I've grown fond of you, Katie.
越来越喜欢你了,Katie
Lately, uh--
最近,呃。。。
I tell you this not as some kind of advance.
我要对你说这不算是某种示好。
I'm very happily married.
我有非常美满的婚姻。
I love my wife totally.
我全心全意地爱着我的妻子。
But since I do have feelings...
但因为我有了这种感觉。。。
...I have to be conscious of the reality
。。。我必须要考虑到我的判断力会因此受到左右。
that my judgment could be colored.
。。。我必须要考虑到我的判断力会因此受到左右。
It's for that reason I just asked you that question.
这也就是我刚才问你那个问题的原因。
So the distrust you feel isn't so much for you...
所以你所感到的不信任感,并不是针对你的。。。
as it is for my own objectiveness.
是为了保持我自己的客观性。
Do I need to get a different lawyer?
我需要换个律师吗?
No.
不需要。
When I saw him...
当我看到他。。。
the sudden thought of having to sit through the trial,
突然想到我不得不熬过整个庭审,
looking at him every day...
每天都要看着他。。。
(sighs) I just can't do it.
我真是做不到。
You don't have to apologize for being afraid.
你不必因为恐惧而抱歉。
It's not just fear, Lucy.
不只是恐惧,Lucy。
I'm 83.
我83岁了。
I haven't many years to live.
我活不了几年了。
I don't want to spend one of them embroiled--
我不想把这不多的时日卷入。。。
I think I could survive this best...
我想我能很好地度过。。。
if I could somehow bring myself to forgive him...
如果我能以某种方式让自己原谅他。。。
...and move on.
。。。然后继续生活。
Okay.
我明白了。
Any way I can help you?
我该如何帮你呢?
You could make him apologize.
你可以让他向我道歉。
I've been a police criminologist for 11 years.
我做了11年的警方刑事专家。
KENNETH: And what findings, if any, did you make, doctor?
博士,如果你得出什么的调查结论的话,那是什么呢?
This was not a suicide.
这不是自杀。
Can you tell the court what psychological evidence
是哪些心理学上的证据使你得出这样的结论,
led you to this conclusion?
你能向法庭陈述吗?
In the days leading up the death,
在死亡发生的前几天中,
Mr. Potter was very driven at work--
Potter先生忙于工作。。。
even productive.
甚至是很有成效的。
He was meeting deadlines.
他按时完成了工作目标。
This kind of efficiency
这种效率有悖于一个要结束自己生命的人的想法。
belies the notion of a man intending to end his life.
这种效率有悖于一个要结束自己生命的人的想法。
He was getting therapy,
他正在接受个人和婚姻方面问题的咨♥询♥和治疗。
both personally and marital counseling.
他正在接受个人和婚姻方面问题的咨♥询♥和治疗。
This, again, suggests that he was looking to heal,
这再次表明他在寻求治康复,
move ahead, not die.
向前看,不寻短见。
The main thing--
最重要的是。。。
he left no note.
他没有留下遗言。
If guilt is the motivating factor for suicide,
如果负罪感是自杀的动因的话,
in my experience, there's almost always a note.
根据我的经验,总是会留下遗言的。
BOBBY: Doctor, you have known cases
博士,你知道有非事先计划的自杀案例的。
where suicides have not been planned out.
博士,你知道有非事先计划的自杀案例的。
The victim acts on a sudden decision. Yes.
- 受害人是做出一个突然的决定。
- 是的。
Even in cases where people are on the mend, getting help,
甚至是当其正在康复、接受帮助、积极工作情况下。
productive at work.
甚至是当其正在康复、接受帮助、积极工作情况下。
That's not the usual.
这很少见。
But it's been known to happen.
但这是已知会发生的。
People just snap.
有人就是发狂了。
Those cases usually involve schizophrenia
那些案例通常涉及精神分♥裂♥症或者化学制品。
or chemical problems.
那些案例通常涉及精神分♥裂♥症或者化学制品。
Neither is indicated with Mr. Potter.
这两者在Potter先生身上都没有体现。
But it's happened? Of course.
- 但确实存在这种情况?
- 当然是。
There's anecdotal evidence for almost everything, but--
任何事都会有些道听途说的解释,但是。。。
Thank you. I'd like to finish my response, please.
- 谢谢你。
- 我想把话说完。
You answered my question. No, I'm telling you I haven't answered it.
- 你已经回答了我的问题。
- 不,我告诉你我还没有回答完。
Is suicide possible here?
本案有自杀的可能吗?
Of course, it is. Anything's possible.
当然有,所谓一切皆有可能。
But based on my 17 years as a trained professional
但基于我17年的专业训练知识,
dealing with this very question,
针对这个具体个案,
I am adamant in my belief that this man was murdered.
我坚信这个人是被谋杀的。
It's not even a difficult call.
甚至都不是很难做出判断的。
I'm scared, Bobby.
我很害怕,Bobby。
We haven't even put on our defense yet.
我们还没开始辩护举证呢。
But our whole defense is basically my word.
但是我们所有辩护理由基本上都是靠我的证词。
The way the jurors are looking at me--
陪审员们看着我的那种眼神。。。
What did we say about panic?
对于恐慌我们应该怎么办?
We can't have panic.
我们不能惊慌失措。
What if I get scared during my testimony?
如果我在作证时感到害怕怎么办?
It might make me look guilty.
这可能让我看起来是有罪的。
What if I get nervous and I can't remember?
如果我感到紧张到记不得要说什么,该怎么办?
Hey, hey, hey, hey. Come on.
嘿,嘿,别怕。
Jimmy, tell Rebecca to revisit Potter's therapist.
Jimmy,让Rebecca再去拜访Potter的治疗师
Remind him privilege doesn't survive his patient's death.
提醒他在病人去世后,医患保密特权就无效了。
I think she did that.
我想她做过了。
Tell her to try harder!
告诉她再加把劲儿!
This man was treating the guy for depression.
这个人正在给Potter治疗抑郁症。
He's bound to have something we can use.
他一定有我们能用上的东西。
If he doesn't agree, slap him with a summons.
如果他不配合,就用传票拍死他。
I want him in that chair.
我要他坐上证人席。
Okay.
好的。
The breakup was very painful.
分手是很痛苦的。
I don't deny that.
我并不否认。
We've heard testimony that you repeatedly
我们听到的证词说你不断试图去让他回心转意
tried to change his mind.
我们听到的证词说你不断试图去让他回心转意
That you would show up at his office... unannounced.
还有说你到他的办公室。。。不请自来。
I did.
是的。
I was hurting.
我当时很受伤。
In the days leading up to Bernard's death,
在Bernard死前的几天里,
did you notice any suicidal tendencies?
你注意到他有自杀的倾向吗?
The only strange thing was the phone call.
唯一有些奇怪的就是电♥话♥
What phone call was that?
什么电♥话♥?
About 40 minutes prior to his death,
他死前大概40分钟,
he telephoned me.
他给我打电♥话♥。
He said he would never see me again.
他说他再也见不到我了。
He said goodbye.
他说再见吧。
And he hung up.
然后就挂了电♥话♥。
It seemed very odd,
似乎很奇怪
and his voice sounded slightly erratic.
他的声音有点不稳定。
What did you do then?
那你做了什么?
I tried to call him back.
我试着给他回电♥话♥。
The call didn't go through, and I never got him.
电♥话♥打不通,我没有联♥系♥上他
And the next thing, I'm told he's dead.
接下来,我就听说他死了。
Ms. Dafoe...
Dafoe女士。。。
Did you go to Bernard Potter's building that night?
那天晚上你去Bernard Potter的大楼了吗?
I absolutely did not.
我绝对没去。
Did you go anywhere that night?
那晚你去哪里了?
No, I stayed at home.
哪也没去,我在家里。
You're sitting in this courtroom today...
你今天在法庭上。。。
...accused of murder.
。。。被指控谋杀。
I committed adultery...
我和Bernard Potter确有私情。。。
...with Bernard Potter,
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表