剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
She wasn't dating him.
她没有和他约会。
I'm sure.
我肯定。
How do you know?
你怎么知道呢?
We talked about it,
我们谈过这个事,
about interracial relationships, on occasion.
偶尔,关于跨种族关系。
She said...
她说。。。
she said she wouldn't date African-Americans.
她说她不会和非裔美国人约会。
Ever.
永远也不会。
Those were her exact words?
这是她原话吗?
Yes.
是的
Among other things,
除此之外,
she said her parents would have a big problem with it,
她说她父母对此很有意见。
particularly her dad.
尤其是她的父亲。
GAMBLE: Thank you, Miss Collins.
谢谢你,Collins
You didn't live with her, did you?
你没和她住在一起,对吧?
No.
对。
So it's possible she was seeing him without you knowing?
那么,有没有可能她在你不知道的情况下和他见面?
No. That's not possible.
不会,这不可能。
How can you know that?
你怎么知道的?
Because of what she said.
因为她说过的,
That her parents would have a problem
她的父母很不赞同她同黑人约会,
with her dating a black man,
她的父母很不赞同她同黑人约会,
Yes.
是的。
YOUNG: Especially her father?
尤其是她的父亲?
COLLINS: Yes.
是的。
Her father's a racist, isn't he?
她的父亲是个种族主义者,不是吗?
GAMBLE: Objection. YOUNG: Goes to bias.
- 反对
- 意图证明存在偏见
What bias?
什么偏见?
The victim concealed her relationship with my client
受害者隐瞒了她与我当事人的关系
because she feared her father, who hates black people.
是因为她害怕她那讨厌黑人的父亲。
GAMBLE: Objection!
反对!
KITTLESON: I'm warning you both for the last time.
我最后警告你们俩一次。
Mr. Young, move on.
Young先生,你继续吧。
Miss Collins...
when you and Linda McLaughlin spoke
当你和Linda McLaughlin谈论跨种族关系。
of interracial relationships,
当你和Linda McLaughlin谈论跨种族关系。
what was your position on the matter?
你在这个问题上是什么立场?
I was against them, too.
我也是反对他们的。
YOUNG: So Linda, knowing this,
那么Linda知道你的态度,
maybe she didn't want you to find out
也许她也不希望你发现她和Daryl的事。
about her and Daryl either.
也许她也不希望你发现她和Daryl的事。
GAMBLE: Objection--Speculation.
反对。。。引导证人进行猜测。
Overruled.
反对无效。
Maybe because she knew you were a bigot, Ms. Collins,
Collins女士,也许因为她你知道你态度坚决,
Linda just said she didn't want to date a black man.
Linda就说她不想和黑人约会。
Objection!
反对!
That is more than enough, Mr. Young.
Young先生,已经足够了。
The witness may step down.
证人可以退席了。
I assume the parties rest?
我想举证都结束了吧?
We have a rebuttal witness.
我们还有一个反驳证人。
And who is that?
是谁?
YOUNG: Joe McLaughlin, the victim's father.
Joe McLaughlin,受害人的父亲。
Objection! I have legitimate reasons
- 反对!
- 我有正当理由
to call him. Name one.
- 传他出庭。
- 说一个出来听听。
The D. A.'s own witness just said the daughter had a motive
地区检察官自己的证人刚才说
to hide her relationship from her father.
女儿是有动机对她父亲隐瞒她的恋爱关系的。
I'm allowed to pursue that.
我应被允许对此进一步探究。
GAMBLE: I would ask the court for time
我会要求法庭给我时间和McLaughlin商量。。。
to consult with Mr. McLaughlin...
我会要求法庭给我时间和McLaughlin商量。。。
You can't have that right. He's my witness.
你没有这个权力,他是我的证人。
KITTLESON: Enough!
够了!
Mr. McLaughlin...
after lunch, you will take the stand.
午饭后,你出庭作证。
MAN: Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth,
你发誓,你尽其所知,
and nothing but the truth, so help you God?
所述之言纯属实言并且无任何隐瞒,愿上帝保佑。
I do.
我发誓。
Be seated.
请就座。
Mr. McLaughlin,
did you pressure your daughter not to date black men?
你是否对你的女儿施压,不得和黑人约会吗?
I asked you a question, sir.
我向你提了一个问题,先生。
My daughter was killed by that man sitting right there.
我的女儿被坐在那里的人杀了。
Move to strike-- nonresponsive.
请求不予记录。。。因其未回答问题。
Instruct the witness to answer the question.
请指示证人回答问题。
Sustained. The jury will disregard.
准许请求,陪审团忽略此回答。
Please answer the question, Mr. McLaughlin.
请回答问题,McLaughlin先生。
I never pressured my daughter not to date black men.
我从未对我的女儿施压不得与黑人约会。
Well, was she mistaken or did she lie
那好,当她根Betsy Collins讲述关于你
when she told Betsy Collins that you would have trouble
不赞同她和向我的当事人一样的人
发展跨种族恋爱关系的言论时,
with her having an interracial relationship
不赞同她和向我的当事人一样的人
发展跨种族恋爱关系的言论时,
like the one she had with my client?
她是弄错了还是撒谎了?
Objection.
反对。
There was no relationship with your client
和你的当事人不存在什么恋爱关系。
Was she afraid to tell you?
是她害怕告诉你吗?
Objection!
反对!
I am not a racist, Mr. Young.
我不是一个种族主义者,Young先生。
But you were against interracial relationships?
但是你反对跨种族的恋爱关系吗?
Like any father, I wanted my daughter to have a good life.
像其他所有父亲一样,我希望我的女儿有好的生活。
I was really worried about interracial relationships
我确实对跨种族恋爱关系担忧。
because they were subject to bigotry,
因为他们会受到偏执者的影响,
hatred for the couple.
偏执者对这种夫妇是仇视的。
I mean, for the kids.
我是说,为了孩子们考虑。
I see.
我懂了。
So to protect her from bigots, you decided to become one?
为了保护她不受偏执者的伤害,你决定成为偏执者?
GAMBLE: Objection! YOUNG: Withdrawn.
- 反对
- 我撤回这句。
She knew you'd disapprove if she did date a black man,
她知道如果她和一个黑人约会你会反对的,
didn't she, Mr. McLaughlin?
不是吗,McLaughlin先生?
She never dated that man!
她根本没和那个人约会!
Because if she did,
因为如果她那样做了,
she would have told you all about it, right,
她会跟你说,对吧,
knowing how open-minded you can be?
知道你有多开明吗?
If he's black,
如果他是黑人,
it had to be rape,
就一定是强♥奸♥,
right, Mr. McLaughlin?
对吧,McLaughlin先生?
Objection!
反对!
Sustained.
反对有效。
He agreed to be held.
他同意被继续关押。
For what?!
为了什么?!
He didn't do anything.
他没做什么错事。
Are they torturing witnesses now, Rebecca?
Rebecca,现在还会拷问证人吗?
I cannot believe that.
我不相信会这样。
I read it in the paper. Maybe the CIA is doing that now.
我在报纸上看到过,也许CIA现在还会这么做。
You asked the question yourself.
你自己也问过这个问题。
Doctor, you know your husband, his personality, his demeanor.
医生,你了解你的丈夫,他的性格,他的举止。
Did he seem like maybe he'd been tortured?
他看起来像是受过拷问吗?
He seemed...
他似乎。。。
He seemed what?
似乎什么?
Intent on proving his loyalty to America.
是想证明他对美国的忠诚。
Desperate to prove it.
不顾一切地想证明。
Closing arguments are not evidence.
结案陈词并不是证据。
Nothing the lawyers say is evidence.
律师所说的都不做为证据。
Your verdict must be based solely on evidence.
你的裁决必须完全基于证据。
YOUNG: They had an affair.
他们之间是有风流韵事的。
The prosecution refuses to believe it. Why?
控方拒绝承认这一点,为什么呢?
The man in the parking lot sees a black man with a white woman
在停车场的男证人看到
一个男性黑人和一个女性白人在一起
and assumes he's hassling her.
于是就假设他在骚扰她。
The woman in the hallway can't tell one black man from another,
在门厅的女证人无法区分黑人,
so the prosecution would have you believe
所以检方想让你们相信
that the only relationship
一个男性黑人和一个女性白人之间的关系
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表