剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
When I talked to you back in your office,
当我回到你办公室和你交谈的时候,
I looked real scared.
我看上去非常恐惧。
I was shaking, crying--
我在发抖,哭泣。。。
Objection-- lacks foundation.
反对。。。缺乏依据。
Calls for hearsay. You used hearsay.
- 这是在提供传闻证据。
- 你也用传闻证据呀
Mr. McMurphy is not the witness.
McMurphy先生不是证人。
Shaking and crying are both nonverbal,
而发抖和哭泣都是非语言的表达方式。
self-serving statements which are inadmissible hearsay.
自我陈述是不可接受的传闻证据。
Objection sustained.
反对有效。
So I'm not allowed to say what happened?
那么,不许我说出发生了什么事吗?
You're not the witness here, sir.
在此你不是证人,先生。
The objection is sustained.
反对有效。
Every question that he asks helps my case.
他问的每一个问题都有助于我。
He's still in his jumpsuit, for God's sake.
天哪,他还穿着连裤囚服。
He might as well wear a sign that says "convict me."
他还不如佩上一个“判我有罪”的标牌呢。
I'm just saying be careful.
我要说的就是小心点。
Of what?
小心什么?
Well, I think the guy's
呵,我觉得这家伙比你想的要机灵。
smarter than you give him credit for.
呵,我觉得这家伙比你想的要机灵。
What am I missing?
我忽略了什么吗?
Look...
你看。。。
The guy may have no defense,
这家伙没有辩护理由,
but the jury might be seeing that
但陪审团可能根据没人给他做辩护
as a function of no one defending him.
而意识到了这一点。
I introduced his confession.
我把他的供述呈堂了。
The jury sees there's no defense.
陪审团看得出这没法辩解。
What the jury sees is you beating up
陪审团看到的是你在欺负
a defenseless guy who doesn't know the law.
一个不懂法律毫无抵抗能力的人。
Don't let him be an underdog in there, Alan.
Alan,别让他在庭上成为弱势一方。
Remind the jury that this guy would rip out their hearts if he could.
提醒陪审团这家伙如有可能就会深深地伤害他们的心灵。
And ease off the objecting.
还要减少提出反对。
Let him win a few procedural points.
让他在一些程序性问题上占点便宜。
You really think I'm in a fight here?
你真的觉得这算是一场战斗吗?
From what I saw, yes.
以我的观察,是的。
Look, there's no such thing as a laydown.
听着,没有什么可以稳操胜券的。
This office has lost cases to pro se defendants.
我们输过自行辩护的案子。
My advice-- be careful.
我的忠告。。。小心从事。
Are you going to testify?
你打算作证吗?
I haven't decided yet.
我还没决定。
Well, if you don't testify, how do you intend to prove
如果你不作证,你打算怎么证明
that you acted out of necessity?
你的行动是出于受到胁迫的?
Look, if I think this defense is a lie,
听着,如果我认为这个辩护理由是个谎言,
I have to tell the judge.
我必须告诉法官。
You don't know it is a lie.
你并不知道这是不是谎言。
Don't treat me like an idiot, Ray.
Ray,别把我当成傻瓜。
Look, I'm trying the case.
听着,是我在辩护。
I don't have to tell you anything.
我没必要跟你说什么。
You want to be helpful?
你向帮忙吗?
Get me this guy.
找到这个家伙。
He's being sentenced downstairs.
他正在楼下的法庭进行量刑。
We know each other.
我们认识。
He'll testify for me.
他会为我作证的。
Why are you doing this?
你为什么这么做?
Trial prep's real important.
庭审准备工作很重要。
You know what I mean.
你知道我指的是什么。
You used to trust me, Ray.
你过去是信任我的,Ray。
When I said, "plead," you did.
当我说“认罪吧”,你就照办了。
We only fought the ones that we could win.
我们只会去打那些我们能赢的案子。
Did I let you down?
是我让你失望了吗?
What's changed?
到底有什么发生变化了 ?
It's not you.
不是因为你。
More time in prison would be a death sentence for me.
增加刑期对我来说跟死刑一样。
Then why did you kill him?
那你为什么要杀了他?
If...
如果。。。
...I told you I killed him over cigarettes
。。。我告诉你我杀他是因为他偷走了我最后一包烟,
because he stole my last damn pack,
。。。我告诉你我杀他是因为他偷走了我最后一包烟,
you wouldn't believe me.
你不会相信的。
Guys in prison get killed over less.
Guys get killed for looking at somebody wrong.
因为看别人的眼神不对而被杀。
I can't take it anymore.
我再也受不了了。
The longer this trial lasts,
庭审持续时间越长,
the less time I got to be in prison.
我在监狱里呆的时间就越短。
Even if it's just for a day, that's enough.
哪怕就一天,也知足了。
You killed him over cigarettes?
你因为烟杀了他?
I said... "if."
我说的是。。。“如果”
Cheswick's down in the last one.
Cheswick在最后一个囚室。
Are you all right?
你没事吧?
Just tell him--
告诉他。。。
tell him I got paged.
说我接到了传呼。
I-I got a...
我。。。我接到了。。。
I'll check with him later.
我会稍后跟他联♥系♥。
(door opens)
Hello.
Is Bobby Donnell in?
Bobby Donnell在吗?
You are?
您是?
Leonard Welish.
I'm with the state's outreach program.
我参加了州的外展社区服务计划。
We're funded by the state legislature.
我们由州立法机关资助。
We help crime victims.
我们帮助犯罪受害者。
Well, "victim" is not a word he likes to hear.
他可不喜欢听到“受害者”这个词。
Anyway, he's already given his statement to the DA.
不管怎么样,他已经向检察官做完陈述了。
I'm not a lawyer, ma'am.
我不是律师,夫人。
I'm here just to make sure that he's okay.
我来这儿只是为了看看他是否没事。
This is your defense?
这就是你的辩护理由?
He's telling you what happened.
他会告诉你怎么回事。
I hated Baumann.
我恨Baumann。
Baumann screwed me on a drug deal.
Baumann在毒品交易上坑了我。
I told McMurphy, kill Baumann or I'd kill McMurphy.
我跟McMurphy说,他不宰了Baumann,我就宰了他。
Is any of that true?
这是真的吗?
You calling me a liar? Mark...
- 你是说我是骗子吗?
- Mark。。。
yes, as a matter of fact, I am calling you a liar.
没错,事实上,我正在称你为骗子。
Ellenor, you got another way to tell my story?
Ellenor,你有别的办法来帮我找个说法吗?
You don't have a story.
你找不出说法来。
The jury is not gonna believe a word he says.
陪审团不会相信他说的。
The jury's gonna believe that he is a scary dude.
陪审团会相信他是个可怕的家伙。
They're gonna believe I would do whatever he told me to do.
他们会相信不管他让我♥干♥什么我都会照做的。
They're gonna prosecute you for perjury.
他们会指控你做伪证的。
First, I ain't lying.
首先,我没撒谎。
Second, I'm serving three consecutive life terms.
其次,我服的刑期是三个延续的终身监禁。
I'm not real worried about perjury.
我对伪证罪不怎么担心。
Ellenor, think about it.
Ellenor,想想吧。
If he testifies, then I don't have to.
如果他作证,我就不必作证了。
Ray-- That's the beauty of it.
- Ray。。。
- 这就是绝妙所在。
In my other trials, you said it was iffy if I testify.
在我其他案子里,你说过我作证是不太好的。
You said it was bad for the jury to hear about my priors.
你说过对于陪审团来说,了解到我的前科是很糟的。
Yes, but-- Now I got another prior-- the robbery.
- 是的,但是。。。
- 现在我又多了一个前科。。。抢劫
If I testify, Lowe gets to cross-examine me,
如果我出庭作证,Lowe会对我进行交叉盘问,
my priors come in.
我的前科就被抖出来了。
I can't let you obstruct justice.
我不能让你妨碍司法公正。
You said juries convict guys based on priors.
你说过陪审团会基于前科进行定罪。
Right now, they don't even know what I'm in for.
而现在,他们甚至都不会知道我有前科。
And Lowe can't tell 'em unless I testify.
而且除非我作证,否则Lowe都不能告知陪审团。
Having Harris tell my story is great. Admit it.
让Harris来说出我的说法是很棒的,承认这点吧。
It's not a question of strategy, Ray.
这不是策略的问题,Ray。
The law says you can't do it.
法律不允许你这样做。
If it's not true!
如果那不是事实的话!
And you don't know if it is or it isn't.
而你不清楚到底是不是事实。
So, no pain, no loss of appetite?
所以,不疼,也没有食欲不振?
No. Nothing.
没有,啥也没有。
He's had trouble sleeping.
他失眠。
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表