剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
如果当你走到街角处,信♥号♥♥灯已经闪烁着“可以步行”
when you arrived at the corner,
如果当你走到街角处,信♥号♥♥灯已经闪烁着“可以步行”
then I can see how you might only get ten feet or so.
这样我才可以理解你可能只走出去10英尺左右。
Could it have already been on "walk"
Jason,当你到达街角的时候,
when you arrived at the corner, Jason?
信♥号♥♥灯已经是显示“可以步行”了吗?
Maybe. All I know is that it said "walk," and I walked.
也许吧,我知道的就是信♥号♥♥是可以步行的,我就走了。
You said after the accident,
你说过在事故之后,
you've been having trouble remembering things, right?
你在记忆方面出了问题,对吗?
Yes.
是的。
Jason, truthfully...
Jason,说实话。。。
...do you have a little trouble remembering the accident itself?
。。。你是不是有些记不清了事故的情况了?
When you woke up after the accident,
当你在事故之后醒过来,
and the police asked you what happened,
在警♥察♥问你事发♥情♥况时,
did you remember?
你那时记得吗?
Not right away.
不是马上就记得的。
Well, how long after the accident
那好,事故发生之后多久,
did you start to remember?
你开始记起来了?
It took a long time.
花了很长时间。
What, you're still expecting me to blink?
想什么呢,还指望我让步吗?
Audrey, the boy's memory is suspect.
Audrey,这孩子的记忆受到质疑。
No skid marks, Gordon, middle of the street.
Gordon,没有刹车痕迹,又在路中♥央♥。
But if he dashed-- Nobody saw him dash,
- 但如果是那孩子闯。。。
- 没人看见闯过马路
least of all your client, who was trying to place a call.
尤其是你的当事人更没有看见,他正想打个电♥话♥。
The one and only witness saw "don't walk."
唯一的证人说看见了“禁止步行”
How many times have we had this give and take?
我们有多少次互相迁就了?
Many times, but I'm the only one who seems to be giving.
很多次,但是我总是那个迁就你的人。
You haven't-- Four-fifty for a boy
- 你没有。。。
- 才给一个永久性学习障碍的孩子45万
with permanent learning disabilities.
- 你没有。。。
- 才给一个永久性学习障碍的孩子45万
My doctors say it most likely isn't permanent.
我方医生说这不太可能是永久性的
The truth is it'll be years before we know.
事实上,我们还需要好几年才能知道。
I am putting an extra 200 on the table for it now,
而我现在就要为此付出额外的20万,
and all this assumes that you can make on liability,
而这全都是假设你可以定责,
which is not a lock.
可定责并不是绝对有把握的。
I'm not taking 450.
我不接受45万
Why don't we split the difference and go home:
我们何不分摊差额了事呢
Five and a quarter. Five-fifty.
- 52.5万
- 55万
Five twenty-five.
52.5万
I know you've done the numbers.
我知道你可以接受这个数字
It's a good offer, and it's final.
这报价很不错了,而且也是最终的。
Yea or nay?
接受还是不接受?
I'll discuss it with the family.
我会和这家人谈谈。
How'd it go?
情况如何?
Eugene was good.
Eugene很棒。
Gentle, but he caught some discrepancies.
他很温和,但抓住了一些不一致的问题。
I don't think the boy really remembers the accident.
我不认为这孩子真记得清楚这次事故
Eight and a half at the time.
那时候八点半了。
Well, there's another offer out.
提出了另一个报价。
The feeling is they'll grab it.
感觉他们会赶紧接受的。
Can I help you?
我能为您效劳吗?
Yes, I'm looking for Gordon Keene.
我在找Gordon Keene。
I was told he might be here.
我听说他可能在这儿。
No, we just left him. I think, uh...
不,我们刚和他分手,我想,呃。。。
he's on his way home.
他在回家的途中。
I'm Dr. Harold Manning,
我是Harold Manning医生,
Vice President of Medical Affairs for Brenford Mutual.
Brenford互助基金医疗事务部的副部长
This firm, I understand, is on the Jason Lees case.
据我所知,这家事务所正在办理Jason Lees的案子。
Yes.
是的。
Could we go somewhere and talk?
我们能找个地方谈谈吗?
I've worked for Brenford Mutual for almost 20 years.
我为Brenford互助基金会工作了近20年。
I review files, medical histories,
我负责复核档案和病历,
in part to be sure they're not being defrauded.
一定程度上是为了确保他们不会被诈骗。
You think the boy's injuries may be a fraud?
你认为这个男孩的受伤可能是个骗局?
No, certainly not.
不,当然不是。
Everything listed in the complaint is real.
投告中所列出的一切都是实情。
It's what isn't listed.
问题在于没有列出来的。
I'm not sure I follow, doctor.
我没听明白,医生。
This afternoon, in preparing for the case,
今天下午,为了准备这个案子
one of our staff physicians went back over the file
我们一个内科医生复核了包括X光片之内的档案
along with all the X-rays.
我们一个内科医生复核了包括X光片之内的档案
He saw something on the MRI--
他在核磁共振上发现。。。
a tiny marking at the base of the brain.
大脑底部的一个小斑点。
He had me look at it.
他让我看了。
At first I assumed it was minor bleeding.
起初我假定这是轻微出血。
We often see that in this kind of trauma.
我们经常在这种创伤中看到这种情况。
But I looked closer.
但我仔细看了看
You think it may be more serious?
你认为这可能要更严重?
I'm certain it is.
我很确定是的。
Mr. Lees has a dissecting aneurysm of the basilar artery.
Lees有一个基底动脉夹层动脉瘤
A small tear in the lining of the artery.
动脉内膜有个小裂口。
In time, that tear will likely get progressively worse,
随着时间的推移,这种裂口可能会越来越严重,
until eventually, the wall of the vessel ruptures.
直到最后,血管壁破裂。
What are the chances that'll happen?
这种情况的几率有多大?
It will happen. The question is when.
早晚会发生的,问题是什么时候发生。
Maybe today, maybe ten years from now.
也许今天,也许好几年后。
Without immediate surgery to repair the damage,
不立即通过外科手术修复的话
his life is at significant risk.
他的生命面临重大危险。
Wait a second.
等一下
Jason Lees has a team of treating physicians.
Jason Lees有一个治疗医生团队
I have to believe they're aware of this.
我认为他们是知道这个情况的。
If they were aware of this,
如果他们知道这一点,
the boy would have been rushed into surgery.
那男孩本来会被迅速送进手术室的。
His doctors obviously missed it.
他的医生显然没有查出来。
We missed it until today.
我们到今天才查出来。
Have you notified his family or his doctors?
你通知他家人或者他的医生了吗?
I can't.
我不能这样做。
As an officer of the company,
作为公♥司♥的一个高级职员
I have a fiduciary duty to Brenford Mutual.
我对Brenford互助基金负有受托责任
I cannot disclose if it's against their interest.
对于违背他们利益的信息,我不能透露出去。
So they don't even know. No, they don't.
- 那么说他们还不知道。
- 对,他们不知道。
What about Gordon Keene? Does he know about this?
- 那Gordon Keene呢?
- 他知道这事吗?
No, that's why I've come looking for him.
不知道,这就是为什么我在找他。
I couldn't get him on his cell.
我打不通他的手♥机♥。
What you're telling us, doctor--
医生,你在跟我们说什么。。。
that boy's life is in immediate danger.
是说这个男孩随时有生命危险。
That's exactly what I'm telling you.
我跟你们说的就是这个。
I just got off with Dr. Scanlon.
我刚和Scanlon打完电♥话♥。
He agrees-- aneurysm.
他同意。。。是动脉瘤。
Okay, whatever they counter tomorrow,
好吧,不管他们明天提什么反对意见
we'll accept it.
我们都会接受。
Then we'll get the settlement entered immediately.
然后我们马上订立和解协议。
Tomorrow? That kid is in danger tonight.
明天?那孩子今晚就有危险。
We can't get a settlement entered tonight, Jimmy.
Jimmy,我们今晚没法完成和解协议。
So what?
那又怎么样?
Gordon-- I hear you, Bobby.
- Gordon。
- 我明白你的意思,Bobby。
But the client has instructed me to get the case settled.
但是当事人指示我达成和解。
If that aneurysm bursts tonight,
如果动脉瘤今晚破裂,
Brenford Mutual will be on the hook for ten times--
Brenford互助基金要为此负上十倍的责任。。。
Well, they're willing to run the risk, evidently.
显然他们愿意冒这个风险。
I'm not. That's not your call.
- 我不愿意
- 这轮不到你来做主。
This is privileged. It's work product.
这是保密特权内的,这是免于披露的工作内容。
We can't let a kid die. Come on.
我们不能让一个孩子死掉,得了吧。
We are gonna settle this thing
我们要达成和解然后签订协议。
and then enter it.
我们要达成和解然后签订协议。
Then they'll just try to void it on fraud
然后,我们一但告诉他们
as soon as we tell them.
他们就可以欺骗为由使和解协议无效
Did you advise the client of that?
你向当事人提出这个忠告了吗?
I did.
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表