剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
You need to draft a declaration
你起草一份声明
setting forth exactly what Lowe told you.
准确地阐述Lowe对你说的话。
I'll mark up the motion with the clerk's office.
我会向法庭书♥记♥处知会这个动议。
We can't let them get away with this, Bobby.
我们不能让他们逃脱了,Bobby。
We can't.
绝不能
Can I help you, Lucy?
Lucy,什么事?
Jimmy's case is over.
Jimmy的案子完蛋了。
Jimmy, what are you doing here?
Jimmy,你在干嘛?
Family lawyer. Can I see?
家庭律师,我能去看看吗?
It's not going to make your day.
你今天不会开心了。
I'd like to see.
我想去看一下。
Shots were heard less than an hour ago.
不到一个小时前听到了枪声。
Witnesses?
有证人吗?
Nobody yet.
还没有。
Your client's over here.
你的当事人在这里。
That's not my client, actually.
其实,这不是我的当事人
I represent her husband.
我是她丈夫的代理律师。
We heard they're going through a divorce.
我们听说他们离婚了。
Yeah.
是的。
Would you happen to know
Jimmy,你知道你的当事人现在在哪里吗?
where your client is right now, Jimmy?
Jimmy,你知道你的当事人现在在哪里吗?
No.
不知道。
Well, can I take my plea back now?
那么,我现在能撤回我的认罪吗?
I don't know.
我不知道。
That's what we'll be going into Court to ask for.
我们会就此去法庭申请
They can just lie like this?
他们能这样骗人吗?
I'm not sure.
我说不好。
I've never really heard of this happening before.
我以前从没听说过这种事。
So...When -- When you were convincing me to plea,
那么。。。当你劝我认罪的时候,
the witness was already dead?
证人已经死了?
Yes.
对。
We're going to fight this, Martin.
我们要就此抗争,Martin。
I stood up in Court and I told the Judge --
我站在法庭上跟法官。。。
everybody -- that I did it, and I didn't.
跟所有人。。。说是我做的,但我没有做。
I've got my whole firm on it now.
我已经把我们律师所都全动员起来了。
We're in before Judge Wilcox tomorrow.
我们明天见Wilcox法官。
Well, do you think we'll win?
你觉得我们会赢吗?
We have a real chance. This isn't over.
我们很有机会,还不到绝望的时候。
Any listening devices in there?
有监听吗?
None.
没有。
You believe this? They think I whacked her.
你信吗?他们认为我杀了她。
Did you?
是你吗?
I am shocked that you would ask me that, Jimmy.
Jimmy,你会这么问我,我很吃惊。
Check my alibi, you want peace of mind.
你想踏实的话,去查查我的不在现场证明吧。
Did you have it done?
你已经安排好了?
All right, just get me out.
算了,把我弄出去就好。
What have you told them?
你跟警♥察♥说什么了?
Nothing.
什么也没说。
Just asked for my lawyer -- period.
我只说要见律师。。。仅此而已。
I didn't even so much as express grief over my wife's demise,
我甚至都没有对我妻子的死表示太多的悲痛,
which was difficult.
这挺不容易的吧。
Get me out.
把我弄出去。
I understand they don't like it,
我知道他们对此不满意,
but the fact remains this plea is valid.
但事实仍然是,这一认罪协议是有效的。
It was a violation of due process.
这违背了诉讼程序。
It was made in bad faith and secured by fraud.
是出于不守信用并通过欺诈获得的。
We did no such thing.
我们没有这样做。
You deliberately withheld material evidence.
你们故意隐瞒关键证据。
We have a duty to disclose exculpatory evidence --
我们有责任的是披露无罪证据。。。
evidence that shows he didn't commit the crime.
就是那些可以证明他没有犯罪的证据。
The fact that our witness died
而我们证人的死亡一事跟被告是否有罪没有关系。
has nothing to do with whether he's guilty.
而我们证人的死亡一事跟被告是否有罪没有关系。
It went to whether you even had a case.
你们的立案依据完全取决于那个证人。
Mr. Donnell, your client
Donnell先生,你的当事人当庭接受了认罪协议。
accepted the plea in my courtroom.
Donnell先生,你的当事人当庭接受了认罪协议。
I heard it. He stood right there
当着我的面。
and admitted he robbed and shot that woman.
他就站在这里承认了抢劫并且枪击了那个女人。
Which was extortion.
那就是敲诈。
Extortion? Ms. Dole?
敲诈?Dole女士?
Martin Jenks has always maintained his innocence.
Martin Jenks始终坚持他是无罪的。
He took this plea because I forced him to
是我强迫他接受这个认罪协议的。
because I believed the eyewitness was ready to testify.
因为我认为那个目击证人会出庭作证。
Lawyers play poker all the time.
律师们总是要耍些心眼的。
Oh, don't insult me or this Court
噢,别搬出你那一套所谓心眼来侮辱我和这个法庭。
by calling what you did "poker." Lindsay.
噢,别搬出你那一套所谓心眼来侮辱我和这个法庭。
Your honor, every defendant who pleads takes a chance.
法官大人,每个接受认罪协议的被告都是在冒险。
He's gambling that he'll be better off pleading guilty
他是在赌他接受认罪协议会比出庭被定罪要来得好些。
than going to trial and getting convicted.
他是在赌他接受认罪协议会比出庭被定罪要来得好些。
Sometimes he's right and sometimes he's wrong,
他有时候对了,但有时候他错了。
but the law doesn't permit him to withdraw his plea
但法律不允许他因为事后得知他高估了检方的办案证据
because he later learns
但法律不允许他因为事后得知他高估了检方的办案证据
that he overestimated the strength of our case.
而撤回认罪协议。
This wasn't an estimation. Who's arguing here?
-这不是估计的问题
-你们到底是由谁来和我争辩呀?
Whatever chance they had at winning at trial
且不论McKee太太死后他们赢下案子的机会渺茫,
died along with Mrs. McKee. As an officer of the Court,
作为一名司法工作人员,
Mr. Lowe was obligated to reveal that to me
法官大人,Lowe先生有义务将此事通知我和您。
as well as to you, Your Honor.
法官大人,Lowe先生有义务将此事通知我和您。
There is no such obligation in either case law or statute.
在判例法或者条例中都没有这种义务要求。
What about fundamental fairness?
那么最基本的公正性呢?
Your honor, over 90% of all criminal cases
法官大人,超过九♥成♥的刑事案件通过认罪交易解决。
are resolved by plea bargains.
法官大人,超过九♥成♥的刑事案件通过认罪交易解决。
To work, the whole system has to be based on trust.
这全部体系要基于诚信基础上才能发挥作用。
Mr. Lowe and Mr. Walsh violated that trust.
Lowe先生和Walsh先生违背了这种诚信。
The system is doing fine, Ms. Dole,
Dole女士,这套体系运转得很好。
and the right man is behind bars where he belongs.
那家伙进监狱是去对地方了。
Perhaps what's really going on here is
也许现在实际上的问题在于Dole女士担心她自己的作为。
Ms. Dole's concerned about her own actions.
也许现在实际上的问题在于Dole女士担心她自己的作为。
I didn't know I was negotiating with liars.
我不知道我是在和骗子进行谈判。
I object to that.
我对你这么说表示反对。
You're a liar. Ms. Dole...
-你就是个骗子。
-Dole女士。。。
They care more about railroading people than doing justice.
他们更关心的是对人施压逼迫,而不是追求正义。
Martin Jenks is in jail right now for something he didn't do.
Martin Jenks此刻正因
他没有做过的事情而身陷囹圄
That fact doesn't seem
地区检察官似乎对此心安理得。
to bother the D. A.'s office. It should bother this Court.
但这个法庭应该感到不安。
It bothers the Court
使法庭不安的是你强迫你的当事人接受认罪协议
that you forced your client to enter a guilty plea.
使法庭不安的是你逼迫你的当事人接受认罪协议
I persuaded him, thinking that -- You said "forced."
-我说服了他,想想看。。。
-是你自己说的“强迫”
Let me talk.
别打岔。
We make our decisions,
是我们做的决定,
and -- and, yes, we... force our clients' hands
而且。。。而且,没错,我们。。。
based on the case they have --
不管检方是否尽责,我们基于案情进展
whether they can make their burden.
强迫我们的当事人做出表态。
This case was a lie,
这个案子就是一个谎言,
a knowing lie,
一个难以预料的谎言。
which my client relied on to his detriment.
我的当事人信了这个谎言而受到了损害。
Did I lose it?
我失控了吗?
A little.
有点吧。
But I think you did fine.
但我觉得你做得很好。
Hopefully your passion...
希望你的激♥情♥能受到重视。。。
will count.
希望你的激♥情♥能受到重视。。。
He said 20 minutes.
法官说他二十分钟做出决定。
As far as the police are concerned,
就警方而言,他们还是没有证据。
there's still no evidence.
就警方而言,他们还是没有证据。
Which there wouldn't be 'cause I'm innocent.
他们不会有的,因为我本来就是无辜的。
Right.
那是。
What about the status of the lottery winnings?
彩票中奖奖金的情况呢?
Your wife's estate can still make a claim.
你妻子的遗产还是可以提出声索的。
Do you want me to follow up on that?
你要我来办吗?
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表