剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
He probably does.
他也许是那样想的。
Right now, he's something he never wanted to be:
此刻,他是一个他绝不想变成的角色:
A victim.
受害人。
It's not easy for him to deal with.
这对他来说很难适应。
You know that.
你懂的。
When I defended him before, he listened to me.
以前我为他做辩护的时候,他听我的。
Now he won't take my advice or help me develop a usable defense.
现在他不接受我的建议
或者不帮着我找出有用的辩护理由。
I can't, in good conscience, continue to be his lawyer.
公道地讲,我无法再做他的律师了。
This is a ploy to get a continuance.
这是一种拖延战术。
Mr. Lowe knows I have a real conflict.
Lowe先生清楚我是真的发生争执了。
I know your client doesn't have a defense.
我清楚的是你的当事人没有辩护理由。
I don't care what you know.
我不关心你清楚什么。
I care about Mr. McMurphy. He's the one facing trial.
我关心的是McMurphy先生,他才是那个要被审判的人。
Sir, are you and Ms. Frutt having problems?
先生,你和Frutt女士之间有矛盾吗?
Thank you for asking, Your Honor.
法官大人,谢谢你的询问。
Sorry. I get nervous.
对不起,我有些紧张。
That's all right, son. Take your time.
不要紧张,孩子,慢慢来。
It's just that... she wants me to plead guilty,
只是因为。。。她想让我认罪。
and I want my day in court.
而我想经过庭审来审理。
Are you pressuring him to plead?
你逼他认罪?
Frankly, yes.
老实说,是的。
As his lawyer, I have a duty to stop him from pursuing
作为他的律师,
a trial he can't win.
我有责任阻止他去寻求一次肯定会输的庭审。
But that's his choice, not yours.
但那是由他而不是你来选择,
If he wants a trial, he gets a trial.
如果他想上庭,他就可以如愿。
Not with me as his lawyer.
那别让我做他的律师。
We have a conflict. Let him get new counsel.
我们有冲突,让他找个新律师吧。
We're ready today.
我们今天已经一切就绪了。
Bringing in a new lawyer will delay the case
找个新律师会延迟一个月,也许一年。
for months, maybe a year.
找个新律师会延迟一个月,也许一年。
No!
不行!
I don't want to go back upstate right now.
我现在不想回监狱去。
I want a trial today.
我要求今天就出庭。
I'll be my own lawyer. I'll defend myself.
我会做自己的律师,我给自己辩护。
That is a bad idea. That's also a ploy.
- 这不是个好主意
- 这也是一种策略
After he's convicted, he'll appeal
等他被定罪后,他会提出上诉
and say that we violated his right to counsel.
并称我们侵害了他接受律师咨♥询♥的权利,
I'll waive that appeal.
我放弃那样的上诉。
And later say that the waiver was unknowing.
然后他又会放弃声明是在不知情的情况下做出的。
No! I can have Ms. Frutt advise me.
不会的!我可以向Frutt女士咨♥询♥。
Then I'll waive it,
然后我做出放弃声明,
which means it will be knowing.
那就是具备知情条件了。
Sir, I advise you not to represent yourself.
先生,我建议你不要做自己的代理。
If you choose-- But...
- 如果你选择。。。
- 但是。。。
...I have a right to.
。。。我有权这么做。
Don't I?
不是吗?
I choose to exercise that right.
我选择行使这项权力。
May I have one second, Your Honor?
可以给我点时间吗,法官大人?
What are you doing?
你在干什么?
I wanna go to trial now, with or without you.
我现在就想上庭,不管有没有你。
Ray, you may be nuts, but you are not crazy.
Ray,你也许是有些狂,但你没疯。
Which means my wish should be respected.
这就是说我的愿望应该得到尊重。
You will be convicted!
你会被判罪名成立的。
Ellenor... no, I won't.
Ellenor。。。不,不会的。
He wants to represent himself, Your Honor.
法官大人,他希望自行辩护,
Fine. But he'll do so with hybrid representation.
那好,但他要采用共同辩护的方式。
Ms. Frutt, I'm ordering you to assist him as standby counsel.
Frutt女士,我指派你作为后备律师协助他。
What?
什么?
The law says he can do it pro se,
法律规定他可以自行辩护,
but I'm allowed to protect him.
但允许我对他予以保护。
Let him get somebody else.
给他找个别人吧。
No. I have you.
不行,我就指派你。
Mr. McMurphy, once again, I must warn you
McMurphy先生,再说一遍,我必须要警告你
that defending yourself is a very serious step.
选择自行辩护是需要非常慎重考虑的一步。
Are you sure it's one you want to take?
你确定你要迈出这一步吗?
Yes.
是的。
I-I've been through enough trials
我。。。我已经经历过太多的出庭了
to know how they work. I can do this... with help.
我了解是怎么回事,我能行。。。如果得到帮助的话。
I object to being forced to help a man convict himself.
我对被强迫去帮助一个人获罪而感到反感。
I think what you object to, Ms. Frutt,
Frutt女士,我认为你所反感的
is the client taking control of his case,
是当事人掌控了他的案子,
but that's his right. He's the one in charge, not you.
但那是他的权力,他才是对之负责的那个人,不是你。
Therefore, you will serve as standby counsel,
因此,你将作为后备律师,
and Mr. McMurphy will have his day in court.
而McMurphy先生将如愿出庭。
See you at 11:00.
11点开庭。
So he's defending himself?
那么说他要自行辩护?
Not my idea.
不是我的主意。
You still have to be there?
你还得去出庭吗?
Yes. He wants copies of the local rules,
是的,他要地方法规的复印件,
a textbook on criminal procedures,
一本刑事诉讼范本,
and the evidence code.
以及证据法典。
And you have to hurry. It starts in two hours.
你得快点。两小时后就要开庭。
So you're second chair to him?
那么说你要做他的副手?
Lucy, hurry!
Lucy,快点吧!
If you don't wear it, you will look guilty.
你不♥穿♥上这个的话,你那样子就像是有罪的。
Ellenor, they're gonna know I'm in prison
Ellenor,他们听到我是在哪儿杀的人,
when they hear where I killed him.
就会知道我是被关在监狱里的。
Me wearing that will just look phony.
我穿上这个只会让人觉得很假。
Now, can we talk about the trial?
眼下,我们能谈谈庭审吗?
Go ahead. You're in charge.
尽管去吧,是你做主。
That judge seems like a liberal.
那个法官似乎是个开明的人。
He is, particularly at sentencing,
他的确是的,尤其是在量刑的时候,
which is why you should plead.
这就是为什么你应该认罪的原因。
A conviction takes away his discretion.
经陪审团定罪的话,他无法使用自♥由♥裁量权了
But if I waive jury and have him decide it,
但如果我放弃由陪审团裁定而由他来决定的话,
will he acquit me?
他会判我无罪吗?
No.
不会的。
You're better off with a jury.
你还是经由陪审团为好。
You still say frame-up and self-defense are out?
你还是认为不能用陷害和自卫的理由吗?
Completely.
完全不能用。
What other defenses do we have?
我们还有别的辩护理由吗?
Listen, Ray, even as your backup counsel,
听着,Ray,即使作为你的后备律师,
I can't let you just--
我不能让你。。。
But as my advisor,
但作为我的顾问,
you at least have to tell me what my options are.
你至少得告诉我有什么选项。
Alibi--
不在现场证明。。。
you were somewhere else, which won't work,
指的是你在别处,这条不管用,
because you were locked in a cell.
因为你们被关在牢房♥里。
Go on. Insanity--
- 接着说。
- 精神错乱。。。
the prison shrink says you're not.
监狱心理医生说你没有
Necessity-- not applicable on these facts.
紧急避险。。。在这案子里不适用
Jury nullification-- it's illegal to even--
陪审团拒绝定罪。。。这是不合法的。。。
Uh, go back.
呃,回到刚才说的。
What's a necessity defense? It doesn't work--
- 紧急避险辩护是指什么?
- 这个不适用。。。
Just tell me what is!!
只管告诉我这什么意思!!
You killed him because somebody forced you to.
你因为别人逼你才杀了他。
(从这句的解释看,前面说的necessity可能有误,
这种情况应该是“duress”即胁迫)
That's my defense.
这就是我的辩护理由。
No, it's not, Ray. Nobody forced you to--
不,不是的,Ray。没有人强迫你。。。
Ellenor, you know how you survive in prison?
Ellenor,你知道在狱中怎么活下来吗?
You grab opportunities.
你得抓住机会。
Now get me some cases on necessity.
现在给我一些以胁迫为理由辩护的案例
Trial on the defendant's assault charge
对于被告的侵犯人身罪的庭审上周开始。
was to begin last week,
对于被告的侵犯人身罪的庭审上周开始。
but Mr. Donnell was in the hospital
但Donnell先生因另一起案件导致住院。
as the result of another case.
但Donnell先生因另一起案件导致住院。
Third continuance, Mr. Donnell--
第三次延期审理了,Donnell先生。。。
When will you be back in the saddle?
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表