剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
I've been fine.
我已经没事。
I know this may not be easy for you.
我知道对你来说有些困难。
Talking it out can relieve stress.
但说出来会减轻压力。
It can speed the closure process.
它可以加快获得解脱的过程。
It can help us heal.
可以帮助我们愈合
Oh, for God's sakes.
噢,天哪。
Bobby, you agreed to talk to him, so just--
Bobby,你同意和他谈,所以。。。
You know what, ma'am? It might be better--
夫人,你知道吗?也许。。。
Could I speak with Mr. Donnell alone?
能让我和Donnell先生单独谈谈吗?
Would that be okay?
可以吗?
Okay.
那好吧。
I'll let the two of you talk.
你俩谈谈吧。
The people who love us most want to help,
最爱我们的人希望帮助我们,
but their concern can overwhelm.
但他们的关爱会适得其反。
Mr....
先生。。。
Wellisch. If you like, call me Lenny.
Wellisch。如果你愿意,可以叫我Lenny。
Thanks, Lenny. I got work to do.
谢谢你,Lenny,我得工作了。
Could you get the hell out of here?
你能离开这儿吗?
This wasn't your fault.
不是你的错。
What?
什么?
The man who beat you was crazy.
打你的那个人疯了。
You couldn't have prevented it.
你不可能阻止它。
You couldn't even see it coming, could you?
你甚至想不到那会发生,对吗?
No.
对。
Of course not. There were no signs.
当然想不到的。没有征兆。
Do you blame the prison?
你把这事归咎于监狱方吗?
Look, I'm not blaming anybody, and I really am busy here, so...
听着,我谁也不怪,我现在很忙,所以。。。
Mr. Donnell, frankly,
Donnell先生,坦率地说,
my observation is that you're in good shape.
以我看来,你状况良好。
Let me leave you my card in case you want to talk more,
请允许我留下我的名片以便你想找我谈谈。
and let me just get you to sign this.
另外请你把这个签了
What is it?
这什么呀?
Part of the law says you need to read it.
法律要求你要对此知晓。
It says that you've been contacted by us
这上面写明我们和你联♥系♥过了
and that you're okay.
并且你一切都好。
Wait a second.
等等。
This releases the state from any lawsuits.
这份文件使州政♥府♥免于受到任何起诉。
W-Well, that's just one part of the form.
呃。。。这只是这份表格的一小部分。
That's why you're here?!
但这是你来此的原因!
Not to check on me, but to cover the Commonwealth's ass?!
不是来看我的,而是为了开脱州政♥府♥的责任?!
Easy, Bobby. What are you doing?
放松些,Bobby,你在干嘛?
What is the matter with you?
你怎么了?
He's from the State Attorney General's office.
他来自州检察长办公室。
He's looking for a release so I won't sue.
他需求一份免责以便我不会去起诉。
What? Rebecca, I want cases--
- 什么?
- Rebecca,我想要相关案例。。。
state liability on failure to protect,
州政♥府♥未能尽到保护的责任。
failure to keep from harm, failure to maintain workspaces.
未能避免伤害,未能维护工作区域。
Bobby, hold on.
Bobby,等等。
They intentionally failed to protect me.
他们故意不保护我。
That's why the state sent him.
这就是州政♥府♥派他来的原因。
They were at least grossly negligent.
他们至少有严重的疏忽。
We don't have to file-- They're to blame for this!
- 我们不必提出。。。
- 他们应该为此负责!
The state knows how dangerous these inmates are.
州政♥府♥知道这些囚犯有多危险。
Where the hell were the guards?! You need to calm down.
- 警卫当时到底在哪里?!
- 你需要冷静下来。
Either help me with this or leave me alone!
要么帮我♥干♥,要么就让我自己呆会儿。
I knew Baumann on the outside.
我在外面认识Baumann的
He was a dealer and a banger.
他是一个毒贩和暴徒
He dealt in prison, too. I bought from him.
他也在监狱里做生意。我从他那里买♥♥货。
One time, he shorted me on a balloon of coke.
有一次,他在卖♥♥给我可♥卡♥因♥囊包时缺斤短两。
That was him disrespecting me.
那是他对我的不尊重。
He had to pay for that.
他必须为此付出代价。
Why didn't you kill him yourself?
你为什么不自己去杀了他?
It ain't easy getting a guy who knows you're coming.
干掉一个有准备的家伙很不容易。
He was a big boy. He got respect for size.
他是个大块头,谁都忌惮他的体格。
I told you I didn't want to do it, right?
我跟你说过我不想干的,对吗?
I didn't give you no choice.
我没有给你选择的机会。
It was you or him. One of you had to go.
不是你就是他,你们中反正有一个要死。
Either way, the word was out. You punk me, you die.
不管是哪种,泄露了消息,你耍了我,你就死定了。
Thank you. I don't have anything else.
谢谢你,我问完了。
When did you and the defendant come up with this story?
你和被告什么时候想出这个故事的?
It's the truth.
这是事实。
Was it yesterday when the two of you were bused in
是你们两个在昨天从州监狱押送到法庭的囚车上时吗?
from state prison for your court proceedings?
是你们两个在昨天从州监狱押送到法庭的囚车上时吗?
I knew Baumann on the outside. He was a dealer and a banger.
我在外面认识Baumann的,他是一个毒贩和暴徒
You've been convicted of rape, robbery, perjury, murder.
你被判犯有强♥奸♥、抢劫、伪证、谋杀罪。
Three murders.
谋杀罪是三起。
And you're about to be sentenced in another courtroom
并且你正要因你的第四起谋杀罪
for your fourth. I'm a bad man.
- 而在另一个法庭接受量刑。
- 我是个坏人。
You're a convicted liar,
你是一个被定罪的骗子,
sentenced to life with no chance of parole.
被判终身监禁且剥夺假释机会。
Okay.
随你吧
So when the defendant asked you to lie for him,
所以当被告要求你为他撒谎时,
you had nothing to lose.
你没有什么可失去的。
Another conviction for perjury or murder, doesn't matter.
多一项伪证或谋杀罪的定罪,无所谓的。
Object, argumentative. He's okay.
- 反对,争议性问题。
- 他应付得了。
What are you talking about? You lie for him, there's no downside.
- 你说的是什么意思呀?
- 你为他撒谎,对你没有坏处。
There's an upside.
而且是有好处的。
What's that?
好处是什么?
He owes you. He's an ally.
他欠你的人情。他会成为你盟友。
That's key in prison,
这在监狱里至关重要,
especially for a guy with as many enemies as you've got.
尤其是对于像你这样一个有很多敌人的家伙。
I got no idea what you mean.
我不明白你的意思。
I move to strike his whole testimony
我要求因极端不可靠而排除其证词。
as blatantly unreliable.
我要求因极端不可靠而排除其证词。
That's a jury call.
那是由陪审团来决定的。
Then I move to preclude the jury
那么我要求阻止陪审团接受胁迫辩护理由。
from being instructed on the necessity defense.
那么我要求阻止陪审团接受胁迫辩护理由。
Miss Frutt, your response?
Frutt女士,你对此的回应呢?
My response? I thought I couldn't--
我的回应?我认为我不能。。。
Standby counsel may argue
后备律师在陪审团不在场的情况下
outside the presence of the jury--
可以提出意见。。。
I am ordering you to do so now.
我命令你提出自己的意见。
Black letter law.
按公认的法律原则。
He can't be convicted if he killed out of necessity.
如果他由于胁迫而杀人,就不能定罪。
Mr. Harris said he told my client,
Harris对我的当事人说,
"Kill Baumann or be killed."
“要么杀了Baumann,要么就被杀。”
Necessity is a defense to murder
在马萨诸塞州,胁迫是可以作为谋杀罪的辩护理由的。
in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
在马萨诸塞州,胁迫是可以作为谋杀罪的辩护理由的。
But to raise it, the danger of death has to be immediate.
但要使其成立,危险必须是迫在眉睫的。
Baumann was asleep.
Baumann正在睡觉。
Harris wasn't even housed in the same cellblock.
Harris甚至都不在同一间囚室内。
The Supreme Court says prisoners may raise it--
最高法♥院♥说囚犯可以提出。。。
ALAN: Oh, come on, Ellenor. You yourself admitted
噢,拉倒吧,Ellenor,你自己都承认
the man has no defense. It's a lie.
这家伙没有辩护理由,这就是谎言。
As the court has repeatedly pointed out,
正如法庭一再指出的那样,
this is my client's defense, not mine.
这是我的当事人的辩护理由,不是我的。
That's no excuse. You're helping him to obstruct justice.
那不能作为借口。你在帮助他妨碍司法公正。
I am doing exactly as I was directed by the court.
我严格按照法庭的指示行事。
The man didn't even testify he acted out of necessity.
这个人甚至都没有作证说他的行为缘于胁迫。
He doesn't need to testify.
他不需要作证。
The witness established a factual basis.
证人确立了事实基础。
Mr. Lowe, I understand you're unhappy,
Lowe先生,你理解你不太高兴。
but I cannot strike down the man's defense.
但我不能推♥翻♥那个人的辩护理由。
Why not just tell the jury to acquit?
何不干脆告诉陪审团判他无罪呢?
You know what?
你知道吗?
Mr. McMurphy manages to conduct himself
McMurphy先生使自己的行为举止
with more professionalism and show this court more respect
更为专业,而且表现得比你更为尊重这个法庭。
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表