剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
Well, of course it's important.
那当然是重要的。
I can't fly without it.
没它我飞不了。
I understand.
我理解。
A man is dead.
死了一个人。
And it's my fault.
是我的错。
Nothing I can do will ever change that.
我做什么也改变不了这一点了。
I'll have to live with that for the rest of my life.
我的余生都必须背负着这个。
Actually, you may not remember me, Bill,
其实,你可能不记得我了,Bill。
but you and I once knew each other.
但你和我是认识的。
JIMMY: I didn't keep in touch.
我没有保持和你的联♥系♥。
I'm sorry about that.
对此我很抱歉。
But you and I...
但你和我。。。
we were friends.
我们曾是朋友
I'm sorry.
对不起。
I don't remember.
我不记得。
It was a long time ago.
很长时间了。
But the man I knew,
但我认识的那个人,
he never would have meant to hurt anyone.
他绝不会有意去伤害任何人。
This was not your fault.
这不是你的错。
Sometimes bad things happen...
有时候会发生一些糟糕的事。。。
...even to heroes.
。。。即使是对于英雄来说
LINDSAY: Aren't you concerned about the effects
你不担心出庭会对他可能造成的影响吗?
a trial might have on him?
你不担心出庭会对他可能造成的影响吗?
DR. BERNARD: Yes. For Bill's sake, I'd prefer we settle.
当然了,看在Bill的份上,我愿意我们能达成和解。
LINDSAY: So why haven't you?
那你们为什么没有呢?
ALLDREDGE: We've done everything we could,
我们尽力而为了,
but Mrs. Green and her lawyer
但Green夫人和她的律师
are being totally unreasonable.
完全不讲情理。
The woman is entitled to something.
这个女人有权得到些东西。
Her husband was killed.
她的丈夫死了。
Sure, but she's suing for 15 million.
那是当然,但她起诉要求一千五百万的赔偿。
We offered her a million dollars.
我们提出一百万。
She won't settle for less than three.
而她少于三百万就不会达成和解。
JIMMY: You don't have insurance? ALLDREDGE: Of course we do.
- 你们没有保险吗?
- 我们当然有。
But we're worried our carrier will drop our coverage
但我们担心,如果我们被索赔得太多,
if we get hit for too much.
我们的保险承保商会缩减我们的保险责任范围。
If that happens, we're finished.
如果那样的话,我们就完了。
Patients that we've treated for years
我们治疗多年的病人
will be thrown into state mental institutions, if there's room.
如果州的精神病院有空余的话,就会被扔进那里。
Most will end up on the street.
大多数最终会回到社会上。
But if you lose at trial, the sky's the limit on damages.
但如果你们输掉庭审,损害赔偿就是天价了。
And let's face it-- he jumped out of your window.
让我们正视此事吧。。。他从你们医院的窗户跳出去的。
You have to think you're going to lose.
你们必须要考虑到你们会输的。
Only if the jury thinks we're to blame.
那只是在如果陪审团认为归咎于我方的情况下。
Wait a minute, you're going to blame Bill?
等等,你是打算归咎于Bill吗?
He's insane. You were responsible for him.
他疯了。你们对他负有责任。
We're not blaming Bill.
我们不是在归咎于Bill。
Who, then?
那是谁呀?
Talk to his wife.
问他妻子吧
His wife?
他妻子?
Ultimately, we didn't push him out that window.
归根结底,我们没有把他推出窗户去。
She did.
是她干的。
What are you talking about?
你们在说什么?
On the day Bill fell, his wife came to visit--
Bill坠楼的那天,他的妻子来看他。。。
to tell Bill she was filing for divorce.
告诉Bill她正在申请离婚。
ALLDREDGE: Your client wasn't trying to fly, Mr. Berluti.
你的当事人不是要去飞,Berluti先生。
He was trying to kill himself.
他是要自杀。
Why didn't you tell us?
你为什么不告诉我们?
DEBORAH: I'm sorry. I didn't think they knew.
对不起,我以为他们不知道。
Deborah--
I've talked to their lawyer a dozen times.
我和他们的律师谈过十几次了。
He never said anything about the divorce.
他从未提到过有关离婚的事
Look, I'm not exactly proud of myself.
听我说,我一点也不引以为荣。
DEBORAH: We've been married for almost 14 years.
我们结婚将近14年了。
For the last five, I've been watching him fall apart,
最后这五年,我一直看着他崩溃,
praying that he gets better.
祈祷他能有所好转。
Deborah, you don't need to--
Deborah,你不必。。。
DEBORAH: I know I'm supposed to love him, stay with him.
我知道我应该爱他,和他在一起。
And I swear to you both, I have tried.
我向你们两个发誓,我努力过了。
But you don't know what my life has become.
但你不知道我的生活变成了什么样子。
Do you think this was a suicide attempt?
你认为这是企图自杀吗?
Is that what they're planning on saying?
他们打算这么说吗?
Yes.
是的。
You can't let them.
你们不能让他们这么做。
Please, you cannot let Bill hear that.
拜托,你们不能让Bill听到这些。
They let the Munces think the case would settle.
他们使Munces夫妇以为案子会达成和解。
There wasn't gonna be a trial.
不会出庭。
LINDSAY: So Deborah and Bill walk into court unprepared
所以Deborah和Bill会毫无防备地出庭而被判败诉。
and get slaughtered with the judgment.
所以Deborah和Bill会毫无防备地出庭而被判败诉。
What are you gonna do now?
你们现在怎么打算?
JIMMY: Well... EUGENE: Plan "B."
- 这个嘛。。。
- B计划
REBECCA: What exactly are you getting at?
你到底指的是什么?
Well, Mrs. Green isn't the only one who's been hurt by this.
Green夫人并不是唯一因此受到伤害的。
The Munces have, too.
Munce夫妇也是。
EUGENE: Emotional distress, pain and suffering.
情绪悲伤,痛苦和折磨。
Put the blame where it belongs.
把责任归于所在。
So you think we should sue the hospital?
所以你认为我们应该起诉医院?
Damn right.
正是。
Lucy, call the agency.
给中介打电♥话♥,Lucy。
I need to meet with more baby-sitters.
我要多见几个保姆。
DEBORAH: Will the judge let you do that-- sue the hospital?
法官会让你这么做吗。。。去起诉医院?
LINDSAY: We hope so. It's probably our only shot at winning.
希望如此,这可能是我们能赢的唯一机会。
But it is dangerous. The hospital will come after you and Bill.
但这也很危险,医院会针对你和Bill进行攻击。
I don't know how much he can take.
我说不好Bill能承受多少。
You need to understand,
你要明白,
if you're found liable, you could lose everything,
如果你们被认定负有责任,你们可能失去一切,
including the money to pay for his care.
包括支付他医疗的费用。
Okay.
我明白。
He's been waiting for a while. We should go in.
他已经等了一会儿了,我们应该进去了。
Hello, Bill.
你好,Bill。
Hello, Lois.
你好,Lois。
We're not going to deny what happened.
我们不打算否认所发生的事。
We're just going to say you weren't to blame.
我们只想说你不应该对此负责。
Okay.
One more thing...
还有件事。。。
If we can get the judge to go for it,
如果我们能得到法官认可的话,
we want you to wear the Superman outfit.
我们希望你穿上超人套装。
I saw the complaint.
我看到起诉书了。
They name Munce, not Superman.
写着是Munce,不是超人。
BILL: Munce is the one on trial.
开庭审判的是Munce。
Bill, they already know you're Superman.
Bill,他们已经知道你就是超人了。
Do they? I'm not really sure.
是吗?我可拿不准。
JIMMY: Believe me, they definitely know.
相信我,他们肯定是知道了。
And having the jury see who you are,
让陪审团看看你是谁,
it could help explain to them how this happened.
这有助于向他们解释这件事的原委。
Really? How?
真的吗?怎么会呢?
Superman is an icon. America loves you.
超人是一个偶像。全美国都爱。
BILL: Yes.
是呀。
Which is why I won't wear the outfit.
所以我才不♥穿♥这套衣服。
Superman is a role model. He shouldn't be seen on trial.
超人是一个榜样。他不应该出庭受审。
As a matter of fact, now that they know Munce is Superman,
事实上,既然他们知道Munce就是超人,
I'm gonna need your help to change my name.
我想要你帮我改名。
JUDGE: Ms. Dole, I don't like surprises.
Dole女士,我可不喜欢意外突袭。
Filing a cross-complaint on the day of trial
在审判日提出交叉起诉算是意外突袭了。
constitutes a surprise.
在审判日提出反诉算是意外突袭了。
LINDSAY: Your honor, we've only recently got on this case.
法官大人,我们只是最近才接手这个案子。
JUDGE: Mr. Klein, what does the plaintiff
Klein先生,原告方对此有何意见?
have to say about this?
Klein先生,原告方对此有何意见?
Let them point fingers at each other,
让他们互相指责吧,
so long as my client gets what she's entitled to.
只要我的当事人得到她应得的权利。
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表