剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
你经过深思后的选择应该是
to preserve the client's secret.
保守当事人的秘密。
You wouldn't tell the parents.
你不会告诉那对儿家长的。
Do I state it correctly, Mr. Berluti?
我表述的正确吗,Berluti?
Mr. Berluti?
Do I state it correctly?
我表述的正确吗?
No, you do not, Your Honor.
不,不正确,法官大人。
If I had to do it all over again,
如果我从头再来一次,
I'd do exactly the same thing.
我也会做完全相同的事。
I wouldn't let that kid die.
我不会让那孩子死的。
Would you?
你会吗?
I wouldn't even ask myself the question, sir.
先生,我甚至不会去问自己这样的问题。
We don't consult our personal feelings
我们不能在具体个案上考虑个人感受。
on a case-by-case basis.
我们不能在具体个案上考虑个人感受。
As officers of the court, we abide by the law,
作为法庭人员,我们遵守法律,
and under the law, there is no real question here.
并基于法律,这里不存在真正的问题。
With all due respect, Your Honor,
尊敬的法官大人,
if you feel that way, then--
如果您有这样感受,那么。。。
It's not up to us to feel. That's what--
这不是取决于我们的感受。而是。。。
But we do.
但我们确实有感受。
Whether the law says we can or not, we feel.
不管法律怎么要求我们,我们总是有感受的。
And if you can be that cold about it,
如果你对此如此漠视。
I don't care how good a judge you are,
我不管你是一个多么优秀的法官,
you're not my idea of a human being.
但你不符合我心目中对人的看法。
Jimmy-- No, I don't care.
- Jimmy
- 不,我不在乎。
I won't be judged by the three of you.
我不会由你们三个人来评判我。
I won't be judged by you.
我也不会由你来评判我。
If we're a society of laws,
如果我们是一个法治社会,
if we're a society that says let that kid die,
如果我们是一个任由那孩子死去的社会,
then the society needs adjusting.
那这个社会就需要有所改变。
So we should let every lawyer act
这么说,我们应该允许每个律师的行为基于他自己的良知,
according to his or her own conscience
这么说,我们应该允许每个律师的行为基于他自己的良知,
with no regard for what the rules mandate.
而不用考虑规则的约束。
The rules should have regard for a conscience.
这些规则应该考虑到良知。
Yours?
指你的良知吗?
Mr. Young's conscience might tell him to preserve
Young先生的良知或许是让他维护当事人的信任
the trusted confidence of a client.
Young先生的良知或许是让他维护当事人的信任
Mr. Young doesn't act out of conscience.
Young先生的行为并非出于良知。
Pick another example.
还是换另一个人来举例吧。
I think we understand your position.
我想我们理解你的立场。
You don't believe what you did is wrong,
你不认为你的行为是错误的。
and faced with the same choices,
面对同样的选择时,
you'd do the same thing over again.
你会再次选择同样的做法。
Yes.
是的。
Okay, I think we're done.
那好,我想我们可以结束了。
How'd it go?
情况如何?
Not well.
不太好。
Did they rule?
他们出裁决了吗?
Under advisement.
还在考虑中。
ELLENOR: Okay, thank you. I appreciate it.
好的,谢谢你,
They're willing to let me make a brief summation
他们愿意在决定前,让我做一个简短的总结
before they decide, so I'm gonna get to work on it.
我会马上就此做准备。
I don't have a conscience?
我没有良知?
No, Eugene, you don't.
对,Eugene,你没有。
BOBBY: All right.
算了吧。
It's all too easy for you. Jimmy.
- 这一切对你来说都不算回事
- Jimmy
What'd you do last night, go home, flick on a ball game?
你昨晚在家做了些什么,看几眼球赛?
EUGENE: You did the easy thing, Jimmy.
Jimmy,你倒是做了件轻松的事。
BOBBY: I don't want to hear any of this.
我不希望再听你们谈下去了。
Well, I want to say it.
我想谈谈这事。
We all wanted to tell. Of course we did,
我们都想把新信息说出去,我们当然都是这样想的。
but we were bound by ethical duties--
但是我们受到道德义务的约束。。。
duties we swore to uphold even when--
这是我们发誓要于以维护的,即使。。。
Tell me about ethics. You-- I am telling you.
- 跟我谈谈道德吧,你。。。
- 我正在跟你谈
You falsified loan documents. You got fired from a bank.
你伪造了贷款文件。你被银行解雇了。
That's how you got hired here in the first place.
你最初就是这样被雇用来这里的。
Old news. A month ago,
- 这些都过去了
- 一个月前,
you stole from a client to pay off your bookie.
你偷了一个客户的钱来还债。
I damn well will tell you about ethics.
我巴不得跟你谈谈道德呢。
You're a thief.
你就是个贼。
And last night, you forked over a client.
昨晚,你背弃了一个客户。
Was it a popular thing to do?
做这样的事受到赞誉吗?
I'm sure, yes, they'll probably give you a medal for it,
我确信如此,是啊,他们可能会因此给你颁奖,
but it's not what we do.
但这不是我们该做的。
Not to the client.
不应对客户做的。
And as lawyers, Jimmy,
Jimmy,作为一个律师。
we owe them our trust-- our trust!
我们在诚信上欠了他们。。。我们的诚信!
You're not trustworthy.
你不值得信赖。
You put no premium on what it means to be a lawyer.
你不重视作为一个律师意味着什么。
You disgraced everybody here,
你让这里的每个人都蒙羞,
and you may have put us all
你可能让我们所有人因此陷入停业中。
out of business in the process.
你可能让我们所有人因此陷入停业中。
You want to call yourself a friend, Jimmy?
你想自称是一个朋友吗,Jimmy?
You're not my friend.
你不是我的朋友。
You done?
你说完了?
How convenient for you I'm a gambling addict
我是个赌徒或者我偷了钱,
or that I stole that money.
用这些对你来说多方便呀
Makes it so easy for you to conclude
这很容易让你推断出你有一些道德上的优越感
you got some moral superiority going.
这很容易让你推断出你有一些道德上的优越感
You're more ethical, so, hey,
你更具有道德些,所以,嘿,
you must be right on this, huh, Eugene?
呵呵,Eugene,你就一定是正确的?
But you're not right.
但你不是。
You would have let that kid's head explode.
你会任由那孩子脑袋爆掉的。
You're not right.
你不是正确的。
And going behind my back--
而在我背后搞小动作。。。
Well, I guess that makes you...
好吧,我猜那会使你。。。
...friend.
。。。够朋友。
Why didn't you resign, Jimmy?
Jimmy,你为什么不辞职呢?
You're about to go blow a confidence,
你即将去泄露秘密,
put the firm at risk
使事务所承受至少一百万美元的渎职索赔风险
for a million-dollar malpractice claim, minimum.
使事务所承受至少一百万美元的渎职索赔风险
Why not quit first to protect us?
你为什么不先辞职以保护我们大家呢?
Your conscience ever give that a thought?
你的良知可曾使你对此考虑一下?
Nope.
没有
But I'll tell you this--
但我要告诉你。。。
I quit now.
我现在辞职。
...one man who scored 1♥8♥9♥ career touchdowns...
。。。一个在职业生涯中触地得分1♥8♥9♥次的人
...his high-powered offense, and y'all won't believe--
。。。他的强力进攻,你们都不敢相信。。。
I don't want you to quit.
我不希望你辞职。
I know you don't, Bobby, but--
Bobby,我知道你不希望,但是。。。
This was an extreme situation.
这是一个极端的情况
For my money, you took us all off the hook.
依我看,你把我们大家都从困局中解脱出来了。
We all want you back.
我们都希望你回来。
It kinda begs the question of whether
这有点回避了问题的实质,
I even get to practice law.
那就是我是否能做从业律师。
Ellenor's been working all night on her statement.
Ellenor通宵都在准备她的陈词。
Let's not sell her short.
我们别小看她。
You people have been so good to me, Bobby.
Bobby,你们大家对我很好。
I know I haven't lived up to...
我知道我还没有达到。。。
You really believe that?
你真的这么想?
Overall, I've been a liability.
总的来说,我一直是个累赘。
You still think of yourself as Jimmy the Grunt?
你还自认为是草根Jimmy吗?
(第二季Jimmy刚出道时给自己打广♥告♥
自称the grunt降低身份)
Do you ever stop to consider
你可曾停下来去想想
what a great trial lawyer you've become?
你已经成为一个多伟大的出庭律师了吗?
Did you pause for a second
你有片刻想到过为什么Brenford互助基金
to wonder why Brenford Mutual hired you here?
会雇你办这个案子吗?
You've become a gifted trial lawyer.
你已经成为一名天才的出庭律师
Now you tell me.
现在你告诉我。
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表