剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
As it's all about to end.
因为这一切即将结束了。
Suppose it doesn't end.
假设这不会结束。
Will you come back?
你愿意回来吗?
Of course I don't want to leave.
我当然不愿意离开。
Working pretty late.
这么晚还在工作呀。
Just hanging out with all my friends.
只是和我的朋友们在一起。
You don't think we're your friends now, Eugene?
Eugene,你现在不觉得我们是你的朋友了吧?
I don't know, Rebecca.
我说不清,Rebecca,
I just see and hear you all cheering for Jimmy.
我只是听到你们为Jimmy欢呼。
Eugene, we're standing by him
Eugene,我们站在他一边
not because we necessarily agree with him,
不是因为我们一定赞同他,
but because he's family.
而是因为他是家里人。
You went outside of the family on this one.
你在这件事上脱离了这个大家庭。
It was the right thing to do.
这是正确的做法。
Clearly, you think that.
显然,你是这么认为的。
The circumstances were extremely exigent--
这种情况是非常紧急的。。。
a human life hanging in the balance.
一个生命悬于一线。
Nobody could presume to know the vise
没有人能设想Jimmy Berluti
Jimmy Berluti was in two nights ago.
在前天晚上所承受的左右为难的压力。
Ms. Frutt, I'm sorry. I have to stop you.
Frutt女士,对不起。我必须打断你。
Lawyers are trained to make difficult decisions.
律师接受过去做出艰难决定的训练。
You people, of all people, make them daily.
你们这些人,所有这些人,每天都在做这样的事。
I've watched you do it in my courtroom.
我在法庭上看到过你这么做。
Not with these kinds of stakes.
但不是那种如同绑在火刑柱上的煎熬
Look, arguing his compassion isn't going to fly.
听着,用他的同情心来做辩解不会有效果的。
Do I get to give my closing?
我可以开始陈述了吗?
Yes, you do, but I'm advising you
是的,可以,但是我劝你别用对我们打情感牌
not to whack us on the head with emotion,
是的,可以,但是我劝你别用对我们打情感牌
especially since your client says he'd do it all over again.
尤其是因为你的客户说他会再做一次的。
He has a problem.
他出了问题。
You got the problem. Jimmy.
- 你才有问题呢
- Jimmy
Since you don't want to let Ellenor talk, how about giving me a chance?
因为你都不让Ellenor说话,何谈给我机会?
HILLER: I thought we heard you clearly yesterday,
我认为我们昨天已经听清楚了你的说法
but if you have more to say, I'm sure we're all quite rapt.
但如果你还有要说的,我确信我们会仔细聆听的。
I've made a lot of mistakes,
我犯过很多错误,
but telling those parents to take their son to a hospital
但这次告诉这对儿家长送他们儿子去医院
wasn't one of them.
并不算其中之一。
Yes, it was.
不对,这是一次错误。
You don't get to decide when you follow the rules
什么时候遵守规则,什么时候不遵守规则
and when you won't.
不由得你来选。
Otherwise, what kind of anarchy would we have?
否则,我们会处于何种无政♥府♥状态?
If the rules are a lawyer can't tell a boy or his family
如果这个规则是一个律师
不能告知一个孩子或他的家长
that he has a life-threatening medical situation,
他有危及生命的病情,
an emergency that could kill him any second,
一个随时使他致命的紧急情况,
if the rules say don't tell, you got a problem.
如果这个规则规定不能去告知,你就有问题了
You all have a problem.
你们全都有问题了。
This system has a problem.
这个系统有问题了。
I'm sorry. Is it us on trial now?
对不起打断一下,现在是我们在受审吗?
Maybe you should be.
也许你们就该受审。
The adversarial process stopped being about the truth
法律的对抗体制很早以来
a long time ago.
就不再是关乎事实真♥相♥了
The adversaries lie to each other.
对抗双方互相撒谎。
We lie and tell false truths every day,
我们每天都撒谎说假话,
and you wonder why nobody respects us?
你想知道为什么没有人尊重我们吗?
It started off being about fairness and due process,
这始于公平和正当的法律程序,
and it's become about winning.
并变成了只在乎胜负输赢。
And now we're to sit quiet
而今当一个无辜的孩子脑中存有一颗定时炸♥弹♥时
我们可以安然坐视?
while an innocent kid has a time bomb in his head?
而今当一个无辜的孩子脑中存有一颗定时炸♥弹♥时
我们可以安然坐视?
We're duty-bound to let him die out of privilege?
我们任其因保密特权而死是责无旁贷的吗?
And you expect the public to admire our profession?
而你们还希望公众来赞赏我们的职业吗?
A person who's honorable,
一个值得尊敬的人,
a person with integrity,
一个正直的人,
a person who believes that a human life has sanctity
一个认为人之生命具有神圣性的人
doesn't let an innocent child die.
不会让一个无辜的孩子去死的。
I said this yesterday and I'll say it again.
我昨天这么说过,我现在会再说一次。
I will not be judged by you.
我不应由你们来评判。
Listen...
听着。。。
I, uh, know I've been stomping my foot
我,呃,我知道我一直情绪激昂义愤填膺
with a lot of righteous indignation,
我,呃,我知道我一直情绪激昂义愤填膺
but, uh, Eugene was right about one thing.
但是,呃,有一件事Eugene是对的。
I should have had the decency
我本该在事先体面地辞职。。。
to quit before I...
我本该在事先体面地辞职。。。
I just... didn't think to do it.
我只是。。。没有想到这一点。
I'm sorry for putting the firm at risk.
我很抱歉使事务所陷入危险中。
Anyway...
就这样吧。。。
May I see you a moment in private?
我可以和你私下聊几句吗?
I don't want to get into it anymore with you.
我不想和你再谈这事了。
May I see you in private, Jimmy?
Jimmy,我可以和你私下聊几句吗?
The reason I, uh...
理由是,我,呃。。。
My brother...
我哥哥。。。
He died in prison serving time
他被错判服刑,死于狱中。
for something he didn't do.
他被错判服刑,死于狱中。
The police coerced a confession that--
警方逼供使他承认。。。
The police-- they had no regard for the system.
警方。。。他们漠视这个体系。
And if the day comes
而如果有一天
that lawyers start giving up their clients,
律师们也开始背弃他们的当事人
giving up their secrets, then the system has--
放弃保守他们的秘密,那这个体系。。。
I've put more murderers back out there than I can count
我以这个体系的名义,已经使我都数不清的谋杀犯逍遥法外。
in the name of the system.
我以这个体系的名义,已经使我都数不清的谋杀犯逍遥法外。
I need to believe in its legitimacy.
我必须要相信其合法性。
I went home the other night...
我那天晚上回家。。。
...and I wanted to tell that family
。。。我想去告诉那家人。
just like we all did, and, uh,
就像我们大家都想的那样,但,呃,
I kept telling myself I had no choice.
我不断告诉自己我没有选择
The rules were clear, I had no choice,
规则是清楚的,我没有选择余地
and I was prepared to let that boy die,
我是准备让那孩子死掉的。
but what you did...
但你所做的。。。
was point out...
说明。。。
...I had a choice.
。。。我是有选择的。
A choice you made that I...
一个你做出的选择,而我。。。
I didn't.
我没有去做。
I suppose, uh...
我想,呃。。。
You, uh...
你,呃。。。
you did what you did and was acting out of emotion.
你做了你所做的,而且是出于情感。
My doing what I did--
我所做的。。。
reporting you, going outside of the family--
举报你,脱离了这个大家庭。。。
I was acting on emotion as well.
我也是出于情感。
Anyway, I, uh...
不管怎么说,我,呃。。。
You're good with me.
我与你和好了。
And I hope in time I'll be good with you.
我希望过段时间你会与我和好。
They're back with their ruling.
他们做出裁决了。
Mr. Berluti, you touched on a number of themes
Berluti先生,你提到的很多和我想法相近的主题思想
that are very close to me.
Berluti先生,你提到的很多和我想法相近的主题思想
It's true, we no longer impose
事实上,我们不再强求律师要有负有正直的责任。
the burden on attorneys to be honorable,
的确,我们不再强求律师要有负有正直的责任。
and that's unfortunate, if not disgraceful.
如果这不算可耻的话,那也是不幸的。
But it's also true,
但还有一个事实是,
which you know full well,
你很清楚
legal ethics and morality
法律准则和道德伦理
are not only two distinct concepts,
不仅是两个截然不同的概念
they're quite often mutually exclusive.
而且它们常常互相排斥。
And if lawyers start letting personal morality
如果律师开始放任个人道德做为他们的行为指南。
be their compass,
如果律师开始放任个人道德做为他们的行为指南。
the system and all the participants in it
这个体系及其所有参与者会集体迷失的。
are collectively lost.
这个体系及其所有参与者会集体迷失的。
So we carve out rules, many of them quite strict.
所以我们制定了规则,其中很多都很严格。
And the strictest, perhaps the most paramount,
最严格的,也许是最重要的,是有关当事人的信任。
goes to client trust.
最严格的,也许是最重要的,是有关当事人的信任。
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表