我们必须告诉他
We have to tell him.
希望他没事
I hope he's okay.
沃特 我们隔壁的老邻居 过世了
Walt, our elderly next door neighbor, died.
他和卢克非常亲近
He and Luke were pretty close,
所以我们必须得告诉他
so we have to tell him.
我对此有点小紧张
I'm a little nervous about it.
我想我们应该循序渐进地告诉他
I think we should break it to him slowly.
比如
Like how?
第一天我们就说
Well, first we'd say,
卢克 你的朋友沃特得了感冒
"Luke, your friend Walt has a cold.
你就别去他家了
You shouldn't go over there."
第二天就说 不好了 沃特进了医院
Next day--"Bad news. Walt's in the hospital,
不过他还能和护士们谈笑风生
but he's still cracking jokes with the nurses."
第三天 他们正尝试使用
Next day--"They're trying
一种尚在试验阶段的新药
an experimental drug.
但愿他没事
Fingers crossed."
第四天 他产生了排斥反应
Next day--"His body rebelled.
陷入了昏迷
He's in a coma."
第五天 他醒了 第六天 又昏了
Next day--he rallies, next day--coma,
第七天 仍然昏
Next day--coma,
第八天 继续昏
next day--coma,
第九天 眼皮轻颤
next day--eye flutter--
打住 打住 别说了
Stop. Just stop. Stop.
卢克 我们不得不告诉你一个坏消息
Oh, Luke, we have some bad news for you.
是有关沃特的
It's about Walt.
很抱歉
I'm afraid...
他去世了
He passed away.
是昨天的事
Um, it happened yesterday.
他刚给邮政部长写完了一封
He finished writing an angry letter
满怀怒气的信 然后就睡死过去了
to the postmaster general, and he just fell asleep.
好吧
Okay.
一切都很很平静
It was very peaceful.
除了那信 信里全是威胁恐吓 不过
Not the letter. That was full of threats, but...
你伤心也是应该的 宝贝
It's okay to be sad, honey.
你们俩是非常好的朋友
You two were really good friends.
听到这消息你一定很震惊吧
It must be quite a shock to hear that...
沃特他死了
Walt's dead.
你想和我们谈谈心吗
Um, so do you wanna talk about it or...
我没事
I'm okay.
我能回去玩游戏了吗 我按了暂停
Can I get back to my video game? It's paused.
没问题
Oh, um, sure.
老弟
Yeah, buddy.
过来抱抱
Come here.
他的表现也太奇怪了
How weird was that?
我知道 太诡异了
I know. Crazy weird.
他简直就像是铁石心肠一样
It's like he had no feelings at all.
我倒觉得你的表现比较诡异
I'm more worried about the one you showed.
你那微笑是什么意思
What's with all the smiling?
你在说什么啊
What are you talking about?
你那咧嘴一笑
That grin.
"沃特他死了" 跟蝙蝠侠里小丑似的
"Walt's dead." You looked like the Joker.
我才没笑呢
I didn't smile.
你笑了 就像是某种怪异的应对机制
You did. It's like a weird coping mechanism.
上次你告诉他仓鼠死时也是这幅摸样
You did the same thing when you told him his hamster died.
我不知道你以为自己看见了什么 菲尔
I don't know what you thought you saw, Phil,
可我们的儿子刚刚听到了悲惨的消息
but our child just got some terrible news
却表现得平静异常 你对此不担心吗
and had absolutely no reaction. Doesn't that concern you?
当然担心 他只是需要时间来消化而已
Yeah. He probably just needs time to process it.
你这么想吗
Do you think?
是啊 亲爱的
Yeah, honey.
生死离别对任何年纪的人都很难面对
Death is a profound thing to deal with at any age.
我们的处理方式各不相同
We all manage it differently.
有的人隐藏他们的感受
Some people lock up their feelings.
其他人则
Others...
转向他人寻求慰藉
reach out for comfort,
设法再次确认自己那鲜活的肉体...
finding some way to reaffirm their connection to life--
想都别想
You're joking.
你好啊 海莉
Hola, Haley.
歌♥洛莉亚 我开车经过
Gloria, I was driving by
看到门外放了报纸 就给你送进来了
and saw this outside your door, so here.
-谢了 -不客气
- Thank you. - No problem.
既然我人都来了
Hey, so since I'm already here,
我朋友今晚本来要开一个泳池派对
my friend was gonna have a pool party tonight,
可他生病了 能让我们在这里开吗
but he got sick. Could we have it here?
幸好你看到报纸了
Mm. Good thing that you saw this paper
不然你永远没机会开口问了
or if not, you would have never been able to ask.
说得是啊
Yeah.
抱歉 我和杰今晚
I'm sorry, but Jay and I are going
要去米奇和小卡家吃晚饭呢
to Mitch and Cam's for dinner tonight.
你就当我自言自语好了
I'm just thinking out loud here.
如果有个我父母同意的监护人全程陪同
What if I get a chaperone that my parents approve of?
你会答应吗
Would it be okay then?
这样的话 行啊
Well, I guess so.
说起来 如果曼尼也能放松一下也不错
You know, it would be good for Manny to have a little bit of fun.
你介意他留下来参加派对吗
Do you mind if he stays here for the party?
介意 整个计划都指望他了
Mind? The plan depended on him.
你大概没考虑过监护人的问题吧
I don't suppose you've thought of a chaperone?
当然没想过 妈妈
Of course not, mom,
因为我的派对将会狂野放荡
because it's going to be a wild party
而我也会和往常一样想要逃脱惩罚
and I'm trying to get away with something, as usual.
我当然考虑过监护人的事
Yes, I thought of a chaperone--
舅舅已经答应做我的监护人了
My uncle who already said he would do it.
如果那样还不行的话
But if that's gonna be a problem,
-我就只好打电♥话♥通知各位 -抱歉
- I think I should just call everybody-- - sorry.
我错了 我批准了
Sorry. Sorry. It's fine.
谢谢您啦 曼尼舅舅
And thank you, uncle Manny.
你能不能搭把手啊
Can you help a little bit?
如果我按下这里 就会
This--if I--if I push down, does that...
好一点了 好一点了
Yeah, that's helping. That's helping.
不 一点都不好 都卡住了
No, it's not helping. It's 'cause it's stuck.
真不敢相信我居然把它卡住了
I can't believe I got 'em this stuck.
我这辈子都在造床
I've built beds my whole life--
双层床 狗狗的床 牛牛的床
Bunk beds, dog beds, cow beds.
我打赌你绝对没造过牛牛的床
Okay, I'm calling you on cow beds.
我爸来了
Oh, that's my dad!
太好了 他能帮上忙
Okay. He can help.
他造过船 码头 湖泊
He's built a boat, a dock, a lake...
他绝对没造过湖泊
Uh, he did not build a lake.
从今往后 举例时编到第二个就打住吧
Okay, from now on, just stop after you say the second thing.
驾驶舱门打开了
...So the cabin door swings open.
飞行员居然是个女的
Damned if there wasn't a lady pilot in there.
你说得对
Yeah, well,
我不愿意承认 可是我对此也很不爽
I hate to admit it, but it throws me, too.
我还是喜欢男人一点
I do prefer a man.
我们又得就你的取向讨论一番吗
Are we gonna have this conversation again?
-莫尔 -你好吗
- Hey, Merle. - Hey. How are you?
-好吧 -很高兴见到你
- Yeah, ooh. Okay. - Nice to see you.
让我帮你提这个吧
All right, let me grab that for you.
不 我自己来就好
No. No. I got it.
你如果愿意帮我拿瓶啤酒 那可敢情好
I will take that beer you were about to offer me, though.
啤酒马上就来
Oh, yeah. Coming right up.
你知道东西都在哪儿 快坐下吧
And you know where everything is. Go have a seat.
有个我爸的未接来电呢
Oh, I missed a call from my dad.
让我猜猜 是打来取消晚餐的吧
Oh, let me guess. Is he calling to cancel?
这次又是什么借口
What's his excuse this time?
你这么想真是小肚鸡肠 小卡
You know, that's a really mean thing to assume, Cam.
你可以不要总是揪着我爸不放吗
I really wish you'd give my dad a break for once.
得了吧 你明知道杰不待见我爸
Oh, please. You know Jay doesn't like my dad.
他觉得我爸是乡下来的土包子
He thinks he's some bumpkin from the sticks.
我会让你们知道莫尔·斯通沃尔·塔克
Well, I will have you know that Merle Stonewall Tucker
剧集 | 摩登家庭 | 导航列表