我付不起葬礼的钱
I couldn't afford the burial.
所以我就用锯子...
So I got the saw
把他分割成容易处理的几部分
and I cut him into manageable pieces.
容易处理?
"Manageable"?
嗯
Mm.
这样运送尸体就比较容易
You made it easier to transport his body?
是的
Yeah.
运到查尔斯顿山
To Mount Charleston.
我给当地的经济诈骗调查科打过电♥话♥了
I called that whistle-blower's line
at the local Treasury Office.
也就是专门处理保险诈骗案件的
You know, the one that handles
social-security fraud?
他们非常乐意帮忙
They were happy to help.
好了,Bennett 夫人...
Well, Mrs. Bennett,
你现在付得起葬礼费了吗?
can you afford the burial now?
你在说什么?
What are you talking about?
这是她丈夫最后两年领的社会保险帐单
It's her husband's social security
checks for the last two years.
笔迹是相同的,直到七个月前
The signature's the same till seven months ago.
笔迹鉴证人员比对过这位
女士的笔迹了是完全吻合的
Q.D. Matched the lady's writing.
Bennett 夫人
Mrs. Bennett,
你一直都在领你已经死去的
丈夫的社会保险金,对吗?
you've been cashing your dearly
departed's checks, haven't you?
那可是欺诈
And that's fraud.
也可以说是一种动机
It's also motive.
要是你们想跟政♥府♥部门说有关伪造...
You want to alert the government
about some forged
社会保险单的话,尽管去好了
但现在没谋杀案了
social-security checks, be my guest.
But there's no murder here.
案子结了
We're done.
Bennett 太太
Mrs. Bennett.
典型的"维加斯"式女人...
Typical Vegas wife.
为了钱不惜把丈夫的尸体分割
Offed her old man for the money
我们对此却毫无办法
and there's nothing we can do about it.
我们得回到那尸体的问题上
We have to go back to the body.
是的,即使没有找到尸体
我们也同样能找到线索
Right. There's always a clue.
Except we don't have a body.
我们有那些骸骨
We have bones.
Mel Bennett 的骨骼肌肉数据输进去...
Skeletal muscle of Mel Bennett goes in,
数据开始出来了
contents come out.
30秒钟后,生物显灵
In 30 seconds, bioassay.
我常喜欢说这个词,生物显灵
听起来像努比亚语
I like saying that word.
Bioassay. Sounds Nubian.
你还好吗?
So how are you?
- 从没好过
- 是吗? 但,你气色还不错
- Never better.
- Yeah? Well, you look good.
- 我装的
- 装得挺像
- I try.
- Yeah.
我听说 Grissom 的那位女性朋友是住在城镇里
I heard Grissom's lady friend was in town.
女性朋友?听都没听说过
Lady friend? Wouldn't know
anything about that.
真的?我还以为你和 Grissom 打得火热呢
Really? I thought you and Grissom were tight.
没错
We are.
好吧,明白,私人事情
Okay. Got it. Private.
- 是地高辛
- 地高辛?
- Digoxin.
- Digoxin.
这本来是用作治疗心脏病的
It's supposed to treat heart failure
根据你在 Mel Bennett 骨骼里
所找到的份量远不止这么多
but not if you're taking the amount
found in Mel Bennett's bones.
她把他毒死了
She poisoned him.
是某人做的
Someone did.
我们发现你丈夫是服用药物过量致死的
We know your husband had
an overdose in his system.
我们是从他骨骼的软组织中发现这个的
We found it in his bone tissue.
你是否是为了他的养老金,而把他杀死的?
Did you kill him
for his pension checks?
别回答这个问题,没事的
Don't answer that question. It's okay.
Mel 是自己服下那些药丸的
Mel took those pills himself.
他把我叫出房♥间后,自己这么做的
He asked me to leave the house,
so he could do it.
那么,这就是自杀了?
So now it's suicide?
心脏病使他活不长了
He was dying from the heart trouble.
他很痛苦
He was in chronic pain.
他叫我结束他的痛苦
He asked me to get it over with.
我不能,我很爱他
I couldn't. I loved him.
这一刻是我感到最为难的
This is the part
that I'm having a hard time with.
你真的能把他的尸体进行分割吗?
You were able to cut him up
当你意识到付不起葬礼费的时候
when you realized
you couldn't afford the burial?
这里我说了假话
I lied about why.
- Bennett 太太,不要...
- 不,让我说吧
- Mrs. Bennett, don't-
- No. Let me talk.
Mel 叫我答应把他的尸体藏起来
Mel made me promise to hide his body.
这样我就不会失去他那些社会保险金了
So I wouldn't lose
his social-security benefits.
要是丈夫去世的话,他妻子的保险金就会减半
Because a wife's benefits are cut
in half when the husband dies.
是的
Yes.
即使你已经陪伴在他身旁已经50年
Even if you spent 50 years by his side.
给他准备午餐
Packing his lunch.
整理他的工作服
Pressing his work pants.
Mel 是我的全部
Mel was my whole life.
我没有杀他
I didn't kill him.
我甚至不忍♥心帮他永远解除痛苦
I couldn't even put him out of his misery.
Jim,你怎么想?
So, what do you think, Jim?
我不知道,你们是鉴证人员
那些证据你们得出了什么结论?
Well, I don't know. You're the lab guys.
What is the evidence telling you?
从法医的角度来看
我们不能证明 Mel 是自己服药过量的
Forensically, we can't prove
if Mel took the digoxin overdose
还是她逼迫他服的
or if she forced it on him.
看来我们只要一种选择
So that leaves us with one choice.
- 证据模棱两可
- 黄金准则
- Equivocal evidence.
- Golden rule.
"当遇到既可能证明嫌疑人清白
又可能对其不利的证据的时候"
Well, when faced with evidence
that can equally exonerate or implicate
"我们只能站在被告的立场上进行“...
a suspect, we must as objective
interpreters of that evidence,
"客观的判断"
side with the defendant.
两者是扯平的
Tie goes to the runner.
平局收场
Rose goes free.
我们永远也证实不了是谁下的药
We'll never prove who
administered the fatal dose.
我想不会是她干的
I don't think she did it.
好了
Okay, then.
我想我该走了,又要开始我的文书工作了
I guess I'm out of here.
I'll go start my paperwork.
再见
See you.
好了,是我错了,这不是谋杀
Okay, so I was wrong.
It wasn't murder.
这可不是竞赛
It's not a contest.
你要和我一起进去吗? 把这个好消息告诉她?
You wanna go in with me?
Give her the good news?
你能自己去吗? 我还要赶着去吃晚餐
Could you do it?
I'm sort of late for a dinner.
- 好的
- 谢谢
- Sure.
- Thanks.
现在,各位参加婚礼的女士们,你们将听到一节
So, ladies of the wedding party,
you get a free course
免费的性♥交♥知识讲座
in the forensics of sexual intercourse.
是我们之间的秘密
Secrets of our trade.
Lynn,当你被性侵犯的时候
Lynn, when you had your exam
for sexual assault,
性侵犯画出的时钟是这样子的
a SART nurse makes a clock like this.
这表示阴♥道♥
This is the vagina.
它自己还会独白
And it does tell a monologue.
当性行为发生时,有些淤伤是正常的
Some bruising is normal when sex occurs.
淤伤在11点,12点或是1点方位的话
Injuries at 11, 12 or 1:00
就表明性行为是双方自愿的
或许可以称为"性♥欲♥望"
indicate consensual sex
剧集 | 犯罪现场调查(2000) | 导航列表