剧集 | 神烦警探 | 导航列表
"Three-toed slow-ths"
关于"三-趾-树-懒"的事情
and I got you to say you knew where the body was found,
我抓到你说你知道尸体是在哪儿被发现的了
which kinda seems like something
这一点看起来像是
only the murderer would've known.
只有谋杀犯才会知道的信息
Actually... Robert's wife told me.
事实上 是Robert老婆告诉我的
I've been talking with her a lot, comforting her.
我跟她聊了很多 安慰她
We asked her not to share that info,
我们让她不要透露这个消息
and she promised us she didn't.
她也保证她没有这样做
Well, she's been distraught. She might not remember.
她最近心烦意乱的 可能她不记得了
Uh-huh. Flimsy. So what did you mean when you said
一点都站不住脚 那你这句话是什么意思
that you hadn't been to Vernon in 20 years?
你说你20年没去过弗农了
My uncle has a cabin there. I would visit him as a kid.
我叔叔在那儿有个小屋 我小时候会去看他
Wow. So your uncle owns a cabin in the town that the body was found.
所以你叔叔在尸体被发现的城市有座小屋
That is quite a coincidence.
真是巧啊
I haven't been there for 20 years.
我有20年没去过了
You can call my uncle if you want.
你愿意的话可以给我叔叔打电♥话♥
Oh, we are. So you might as well just confess now,
我们正打着呢 你还不如直接认罪
or we can take our sweet time like...
或者我们也可以选择慢慢来
the mer-jestic slow-th.
就像"庄-严-的-树-懒"一样
Either way, we've got you.
不管怎样 我们都抓到你了
We don't have him. But I just told him we did have him.
我们没有抓到他 但我刚刚告诉他我们抓到他了
Philip's uncle said he hasn't been to the cabin in months
Philip的叔叔说他几个月都没去那个小屋了
and he hasn't spoken to Philip in over a year.
并且他一年多没跟Philip讲过话了
Well, what about the neighbors?
那邻居呢
There's only one other house off that road
那条路上除小屋外只有一座房♥子
and we haven't been able to contact the owner.
我们还没和房♥子主人取得联♥系♥
Yeah, but Philip doesn't know that. He's rattled right now.
但Philip并不知道 他现在正紧张着呢
We tell him the neighbor saw him that night,
我就跟他说邻居当晚看见他了
he'll crack for sure.
他肯定会溃败的
So you want us to lie? No, I want me to lie
你是要我们撒谎吗 不 我是要我自己撒谎
and for you to stand behind me
你站在我身后
and say, like, three oh damns
在我正得心应手的时候
when I really get cooking.
说大概三次"哎哟我去"
All right, fine, two oh-damns.
好吧 就说两次"哎哟我去"
One ohdamn? There will be no ohdamns.
就说一次 我不会说"哎哟我去"的
But it will be so satisfying in your deep, powerful voice.
但是由你那深沉有力的声音说出来是多么有成就感啊
We're not lying. It's legal.
我们不会撒谎的 这是合法的
The Supreme Court said that we're allowed to lie in an interrogation.
最高法♥院♥说我们在审讯中是可以撒谎的
I told a perp that I knew Steph Curry a couple days ago.
几天前我还跟一个罪犯说我认识斯蒂芬·库里来着
It had nothing to do with the case,
虽然跟案子没啥关系
but I could say it. It's a tactical mistake.
但我可以这么说 这属于战术上的错误
You're guessing what happened that night.
你是在猜那天晚上发生了什么
But what if Philip never went to the cabin?
万一Philip从没去过那个小屋呢
He did. I can feel it here.
他去了 我这儿能感受到
Your stomach? No, my gut.
你的胃吗 不 我的直觉(肠子)
Your gut, or intestines, is lower.
你的直觉 或是肠子 在低点的地方
You should point down here, closer to your pubis.
你应该指着这儿 靠近你的耻骨的地方
I'm good. Suppose you're wrong.
我没事了 假如你错了
Now Philip knows we have nothing.
Philip就知道我们什么证据都没有
There goes our credibility and our leverage.
我们的可信度和筹码就都没了
No, we need a different strategy,
不行 我们得换个不同的策略
All right, fine. How about this...
好了 行吧 这样怎么样
I convince him I'm unstable.
让他相信我精神不稳定
I run in there screaming,
我尖叫着跑进去
I throw a chair through the two-sided mirror,
把椅子往双面镜上砸
glass goes everywhere. He's like,
玻璃到处乱飞 他就会想
"If Mad Dog Peralta will do that,"
"如果疯狗Peralta这都做得出来"
"who knows what else he's capable of?"
"谁知道他还能干些什么"
No offense, but you don't get angry well.
无意冒犯 你不是很会发脾气
What? That's not true. Remember how angry I got about
什么 才不是这样 记得龙母从龙石岛飞速
how fast Daenerys got from Dragonstone to north of the Wall?
跑到长城以北的时候我有多生气吗
That was intense.
那次太激烈了
You have a boyish face and a big goofy grin.
你有一张孩子气的脸并且会露出愚蠢的笑容
It's like being yelled at by a children's cereal mascot.
那就好像是在被儿童麦片上的吉祥物大吼大叫
Hey, some of those are scary. Count Chocula much?
嘿 有一些很吓人的 Count Chocula麦片还不够吗
All right, fine, I see your point. What do you suggest?
好吧 好吧 我懂你的意思了 你想怎么做
Let's get all up in his personal space.
让我们侵占他的私人空间
Make him feel uncomfortable. Okay, fine.
让他感觉不舒服 好吧 好吧
Let's get intimate.
让我们亲密起来
So, Philip, you're hanging out at the bar with "Dana."
所以 Philip 你在酒吧和"Dana"混在一起
How late did you stay?
你待到多晚
I got in the cab around 3:30.
我大约是凌晨3:30上的出租车
Kinda hard to find a cab in that neighborhood.
在那个街区要招到一辆出租车有点难
Why not a ride-sharing service?
为什么不拼个车呢
Didn't have my phone, remember?
我手♥机♥落下了 还记得吗
Did you talk to the driver? No.
你和司机说话了吗 没有
What route did you take?
你走的什么路线
I don't know, I was watching Taxi TV.
我不知道 我在看出租车上的电视
What was on? Fallon highlights.
放的是什么呢 <肥伦今夜秀精彩场面>
What was he doing? Slowjamming the news.
他在干什么 即兴慢说唱新闻
Who was the guest? Amy Adams.
嘉宾是谁 艾米·亚当斯
Who's that? Famous actress.
那是谁 著名女演员
Why would you... Wow.
你为什么 哇哦
You got some old silver fillings in there.
你在那里面有一些老的镶银
You probably want to drill those out, replace 'em with porcelain.
你也许会想把这些东西钻出来 换成陶瓷比较好
Okay, but why... And that is some serious plaque buildup.
好吧 但是为什么 并且那里有很严重的牙斑菌堆积
Let's get back to... No, no, no.
让我们回到 不 不 不
Open wider. Let me see.
张大一点 让我看看
Good God, when is the last time you had a cleaning?
我的天呐 你上一次洗牙是什么时候了
Damn it!
妈的
Not only did we not break him,
我们不但没有揭穿他
but now I have to go to the dentist?!
反而现在我还要去看牙医了吗
We need a new strategy.
我们需要一个新的策略
And all this dental talk has given me an idea.
并且这个牙医对话给了我一个主意
Okay. We have a few more questions for you, doctor.
好吧 我们还有一些问题 医生
Doctor. Huh.
医生 呵
It's funny when people call dentists "Doctor."
当人们叫一个牙医"医生"的时候 挺有趣的
We are doctors.
我们是医生
We do four years of medical school.
我们在医学院念了四年书
Yeah, but it's called "Dental school."
没错 但是那是"牙医学校"
But we learn about the entire body.
但是我们会学习整个身体的相关内容
But if you had cancer, you wouldn't call a dentist.
但是如果你得了癌症 你可不会找牙医
You know it's actually harder to get into dental school than medical school.
你要知道事实上进牙医学校比进医学院更难
Well, because there are fewer dental schools.
好吧 不过那是因为牙医学校的数量更少
Because most people want to become actual doctors.
因为大多数人想要成为一个真正的医生
That's ridiculous. It's not like we're college professors
这太荒谬了 这不像是我们是大学教授
calling ourselves "Doctors."
在叫我们自己"博士(医生)"
Not the same thing, my friend. Well, sure it is.
这不是一件事 我的朋友 不 这当然是了
When someone has a heart attack on a plane,
当有个人在飞机上心脏病犯了的时候
do they yell out,
会有人这么呼喊吗
"Yo, does anybody here have an Art History PhD?"
"哟 这里有人有艺术史PhD吗"
A PhD is a doctorate.
PhD是博士学位
It's literally describing a doctor.
这是在字面意义上描述一个博士
Maybe let's refocus. No!
也许让我们重新调整一下重点 不
The problem here is that medical practitioners
这里的问题就是执业医生
have co-opted the word "Doctor."
笼络了这个词"博士"
Okay, Captain... I know we live in a world
好吧 警监 我知道我们住在一个
where anything can mean anything,
可以用任何东西描述任何东西的世界
and nobody even cares about etymolo...
并且没有任何人会在乎语源
Apparently that's a trigger for me.
显然那对于我来说是一个引爆器
Yeah, apparently.
没错 显然
So... now can we lie?
所以 现在我们可以撒谎了吗
No, no. But you know what often works?
不 不 但是你知道什么会经常奏效吗
Making him confront his victim.
让他直面他的受害人
Look your dead friend in the eyes
看着你死去的朋友的眼睛
and say his name.
并且说出他的名字
Robert.
Robert
Okay, maybe say his full name.
好吧 也许说一下他的全名
Robert Tupper. His middle name's Henry.
Robert Tupper 他的中间名是Henry
Robert Henry Tupper.
Robert Henry Tupper
剧集 | 神烦警探 | 导航列表