Thank you.
不 这肯定是你的
Nope, that must be yours.
这是啥呀
What is that?
人生甘霖啊
Come on, it's the sweet nectar of life.
特浓的肉桂卡布奇诺
It's the quad-shot cappuccino with cinnamon in it.
天呐 咖♥啡♥因♥够多了吧
Oh, man. Caffeine much?
我天没亮就起来了 和Jessica视频聊天
Well, I was up before dawn, video-chatting with Jessica.
她还在欧洲旅行呢
She's on this euro trip.
有时差 所以
And with the time difference, there's just...
- 没机会聊天 - 真嫉妒
- No chance to talk. - Mm, I'm jealous.
我是说嫉妒她能去旅行 我大学毕业后也去欧洲了
I mean, of her trip. You know, I went to Europe right after college,
我不是吹
and, I'm not trying to brag, but
但是真的玩疯了
things got a little bit crazy.
噢 真抱歉
Ooh! I'm so sorry.
你好 James
Hello, James.
你好 我是Karen
Oh, hi, I'm Karen, so...
你介意让我们单独聊聊么
You mind giving us a minute?
当然不介意
Sure, I'll, um...
办公室见
I'll meet you at the office.
你看起来不错 儿子
You look good, son.
嘿 爸
Hey, dad.
我告诉你
I tell you what.
咱们简单点
I'll make this easy on you.
你转过去 双手放背后
Why don't you turn around, put your hands behind your back?
James 这太荒谬了
James, don't be ridiculous.
你不能逮捕我
You can't just arrest me.
坐下吧 儿子
Sit down, son.
我们需要谈谈
You and I need to talk.
你们确定是Austin吗
You sure it was Austin?
我们确定
We are.
听着 你的朋友死于猎枪下
Listen, your friend was, uh, killed by a shotgun
就在小镇很乱的那带
in a pretty bad part of town.
知道他为什么会卷进犯罪活动吗
Any reason why he'd be involved in criminal activity?
不知道
No.
真没有 人们以为因为寄养家庭出身
No, people think 'cause we came up in the system,
我们肯定会变成混混
we got to be gangsters.
Austin不是
Not Austin.
无意冒犯
Look, no offense,
但是 你有犯罪记录
but, uh, you have a record,
Austin也因为袭♥警♥被抓
and Austin was arrested for assaulting a cop.
不 那是个误会
No, that was a misunderstanding.
当时我们还是高中生
We were kids in high school.
骑骑自行车 摇摇苏打水
Riding bikes, shaking up soda bottles,
然后往人们身上泼
spraying them on people.
Austin就是倒霉点
Austin just got unlucky.
他正好泼到一个下班了的警♥察♥身上
He sprayed an off-duty cop.
尸体上有证据显示他做过苦力
Evidence on the body suggests he worked manual labor.
没错
Yeah.
他为了交学费 大学期间一直在建筑工地打工
He was working construction through college to pay for Princeton.
普林斯顿大学?
Princeton, huh?
怎么 寄养家庭孩子 就不能上好学校么
What, 'cause he's a foster kid,He can't go to a good school?
我保证 我们绝没有那样想
I assure you, we think nothing of the sort.
我也是在寄养家庭长大的
I myself spent time in foster care.
你知道Austin在哪儿工作吗
Look, do you know where Austin worked?
在个家教公♥司♥
At this tutoring company.
他也在申请医学院
He was applying to med school, also.
家教? 抱歉 就是教小孩子家庭作业么
Tutoring? Like, I'm sorry,helping kids with their homework?
精英学校毕业生考研时
That's a common way for graduates of elite schools
最常见的赚钱方法
to make money while they pursue graduate-level degrees.
我告诉你
I'm telling you,
Austin没什么精彩的生活 也没有女朋友
Austin had no life, he had no girl.
他的全部就是工作和学习
All he did was work and study.
那些有钱的家长也不好对付
Those rich parents were intense, too.
你们应该去查查他们
You should look at them.
Austin的通话记录显他几乎和朋友家人没什么联♥系♥
Austin's phone records show almost no contact with friends or family.
Benny是正确的
Benny was right.
他的全部生活都在做家教挣钱
His whole life was tutoring for money
以及为进医学院做准备
and preparing for med school.
那很悲哀啊 对吗 Bones
That's sad, right, Bones?
每个人在他们生活里总归需要点小乐趣的
Everyone needs a little fun in their lives.
我在大学和研究生期间几乎就没有社交
I rarely socialized between college and graduate school.
我认为他的工作精神很值得赞赏
I find his work ethic admirable.
呃
ugh.
这是什么
What is it?
我的编辑说
my editor says that
如果我想播读自己的小说
If I want to perform my novel,
我必须要… 参加试音
I have to... record an audition.
当然 这很合理
Sure, it makes sense.
这不合理好吗 这是一种侮辱
It does not make sense. It's insulting.
好吧 那你随意
All right, well, there you go,
告诉她你...你不会去参加的
tell her that you're-you're not gonna do it.
- 问题解决了 - 别傻了 我当然要去
-problem solved. - Don't be silly. Of course I'm gonna do it.
我们听到关于Austin的事都很震惊
We were all horrified to hear about Austin.
我们希望能到处看一看
Well, we were hoping we could take a look around.
如果你坚持这样 那要记住
If you must, but bear in mind,
我们的学生们已经遭受了精神创伤
our students have been traumatized.
我们在尽最大的努力维持一个专业化的环境
We're doing our best to maintain a professional environment.
好吧 我们还是在讨论关于家庭作业的辅助事宜对吧
Right. well, we are still talking about homework help, right?
我们现在处在一个充满竞争全球化的世界里
Well, we live in a competitive, globalized world now.
我建立这个地方是为了确保我们的学生能始终保持优异
I founded this place to ensure our students stay on top.
我们只从最好的学院雇佣最聪明的家庭教师
We only hire the smartest tutors from the best colleges.
- 哈佛 耶鲁 - 西北大学
- Harvard, yale... - Northwestern.
当然那是在我们人员不足的情况下
Sure, if we're understaffed.
呃 我曾就读过西北大学 很有声望
Well...I attended northwestern.It is quite prestigious.
噢 我相信是这样 Dr. Brennan
Oh, I'm sure it is, Dr. Brennan.
无意冒犯
No offense intended.
然而我确信已经收到了你冒犯的信♥号♥♥
Well, I assure you offense was taken.
好了 都冷静下
Well, let's all just calm down.
那么 Austin被害的那天他在这吗
So, was Austin here the day he died?
不 他在外面见了几个学生
No, he met with a few students off-site.
我们能看看他的工作电脑和文件吗
Maybe we could take a look at his work computers, files?
当然 可以
Of course. Yeah.
Ms. Bryan 自动贩卖♥♥机是怎么了
Ms. Bryan? What's up with the vending machine?
噢 我很抱歉 Meredith
oh, I'm so sorry, Meredith
修理人员要下周才能过来
The repairman will be here next week.
- 如果你不介意的话 - 下周吗
- If you wouldn't mind... - Next week?
我没有零食怎能集中精力啊
How am I supposed to focus without snacks?
我完全理解你的失望
I completely understand your frustration.
Ms. Bryan 我们听说
Ms. Bryan, we heard that
你的一些客户 好吧 是大多数客户
some of your clients, well, most of your clients,
都比较的…苛刻
Were pretty much... demanding.
Austin和任何哪位家长有过什么冲突吗
Did Austin have any problems or conflicts with any parents?
我想不出
Not that I can think of.
"神经质Sue"如何
What about Psycho Sue?
“神经质Sue”
Psycho Sue?
那是一些孩子们对Jacob妈妈的称呼 Sue Casey
That's what some of the kids call Jacob's mother, Sue Casey.
她是容易情绪激动但并无恶意
She's passionate but harmless.
并无恶意?
Harmless?
我在地理拼图比赛上赢了Jacob之后
She tried to run me over with her SUV
她甚至试图用她的SUV从我身上碾过去好吗
When I beat Jacob in geography bee.
我确信那是场事故
I'm sure that was an accident.
还有上周 我看到他在停车场对Austin大喊大叫
and last week,I saw her yelling at Austin in the parking lot.
还在他脸上扇了巴掌
and she slapped him across the face.
她打了Austin吗
She hit Austin?
- 我们不要 - 我们不要干什么
- Let's not... - Let's not what?
你只是怕她
you're just afraid of her
因为她曾威胁过要挖出你的肠子
Because she threatened to rip out your intestines.
呃 那并不是她确切的用词
Well, those weren't the exact words she used.
不是 不过我们不好在这里骂人吧
No, but we're not supposed to swear in here.
那简直是比这更难听
It was, like...way worse.
好吧 我们必须声小点
剧集 | 识骨寻踪(2005) | 导航列表