剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表
Believe me, I am going to help you.
相信我 我会帮你的
On Wednesday, there'll be a visiting guardian ad litem from a clinic in Maine
这周三 会有一位缅因州律所的诉讼监护人来访
who wants to shadow one of the lawyers, and I thought you'd be the best choice.
想要跟着其中的某位律师 我想你再适合不过了
Sure.
当然
Uh, sure. Anything else?
额 当然 还有其他事吗
Yeah, l, uh, have a little situation here, as you can see.
有 你看到了 我这里出了点状况
I've noticed. I ain't leaving.
我注意到了 我反正不会走
Great.
好极了
Alvin, Nick dropped the ball, so I'm just wondering
阿尔文 尼克撂挑子了 所以我在想
if you could cover for me in this afternoon's general meeting.
今天你能不能替我参加下午的股东大会
Yeah.
可以
Okay. So, I arranged it with the guardian ad litem,
好吧 我跟诉讼监护人那边安排过了
and we can all be there at 4.
我们四点都能赶去那边
Okay, then.
好吧
Suzanne.
苏珊娜
You knew I was living with him.
你知道我跟尼克同居了
Yeah.
嗯
Did you know that I was pregnant?
你知不知道我怀孕了
What?
什么
Did you know that Nick's on probation?
你知不知道尼克正在缓刑期
That if he gets caught with drugs or drinking that he will go to jail?
如果他被抓到嗑药或者酗酒的话 他有可能会被关进监狱的
No. No?
不知道 你不知道吗
Okay. Well, you just please tell him the next time you see him
那好 下次你见到他的时候请你告诉他
that he's done enough harm.
他已经造成了很多伤害
And I'm tired of cleaning up his messes. You can just tell him that.
我不想再收拾他的烂摊子了 请一定转告他
And you tell him to show up at the court at 4:OO or I will call his probation officer.
你跟他讲 让他4点一定要感到法♥院♥ 否则我就给他的缓刑官打电♥话♥了
Burton, he's not home.
伯顿 他不在家
Okay.
好吧
I spoke to his secretary and to Gretchen, and no one knows where he is.
我问过他的秘书了 也问过格雷琴 没人知道他去哪儿了
Damn.
该死
Damn it!
该死
Just, uh, put them on the table.
放桌上吧
Look, I think I can pull together an opinion Ietter in a couple of hours.
听着 我想我可以在几个小时内汇总一下意见书
This is everything from the merger: bylaws, charter, lawsuits, everything.
这是合并需要的所有的文件 章程 宪♥章♥ 诉讼 所有的文件
So give me a couple of hours to go through this, okay?
给我几个小时 我来看一下 好吗
You can draft an opinion letter in a couple of hours, huh?
你可以在几小时内写一份意见信吗
I'm a pretty good lawyer, Burton. I think I can handle it.
我是个很棒的律师 伯顿 我看可以的
Okay.
好吧
Here you are.
给
Looks good.
看起来不错
You can eat.
你吃吧
You're not hungry?
你不吃吗
So, a living will.
所以 遗嘱的事情
Right.
是的
A living will says that you desire to die a natural death,
遗嘱里会写你希望正常自然地死亡
and you don't want to be kept alive by medical treatment or heroic measures.
并且不希望用医疗设备或者急救措施来维持生命
That's what I want.
是的
Right. So...
好吧 所以
This basically states that you are of sound mind
这份声明写着你心智健全
and that you are voluntarily making this declaration.
且是自愿提出这个声明的
Okay.
是的
That you direct the attending physician to withhold or withdraw life support.
你示意主治医生不再维持生命
Okay.
是的
Then there are specific questions.
那么 还有几个具体的问题
Fire away.
尽管问吧
Do you want cardio-pulmonary resuscitation?
你想不想进行心脏复苏
No.
不想
Do you want mechanical respiration?
你想不想机械设备来维持呼吸
No.
不想
Just do the whole list, okay?
还有哪些 你说
Tube feeding, blood transfusions, surgery, dialysis, antibiotics.
管饲 输血 手术 透析 抗生素
No. No. No to all that.
不要 不要 不要 都写不要
Do you wish to donate any organs? If they're useful.
你想要捐赠器官吗 如果我的器官还能用的话
Hey, Mom. Hi, sweetheart.
嗨 妈妈 嗨 亲爱的
I have a lot of homework.
我有好多作业
He's so serious.
他很认真
No TV. Not many friends. Just does his school work.
不看电视 也没有几个朋友 每天一回来就做作业
Straight As.
每门成绩都是A
The other moms, they wish their kid was just like mine,
其他妈妈都很羡慕我 都希望能有这样的孩子
but, I don't know, I just wish he'd get a C and smile once in awhile.
但是 我不想这样 我宁愿他考个C 能时不时笑一笑
Right.
是啊
My little man.
我的小男子汉
Hi, Miss Hendricks. How's your sit-in going?
你好 亨德里克斯小姐 你在这边坐得还舒服吗
Need to use the bathroom?
需不需要去趟洗手间
Lulu, uh, I don't mean to...
露露 我不是有意
Has anybody actually spoken to Nick today?
今天有人见过尼克吗
No.
没有
Should we be concerned?
我们要不要担心
No.
不
Okay.
好吧
Louisa Archer.
你好 我是路易莎·阿切尔
Okay.
好的
All right, thank you, Rosemarie. Thank you.
好的 谢谢你 罗斯玛丽 谢谢
That was your probation officer.
刚才是你的缓刑官打来的
She's gonna meet us at the courthouse right now.
他现在要在法♥院♥见我们
lt's important to keep your hand really relaxed.
关键是你的手要很放松
You gotta be limber.
要很灵活
Hey, Lulu. Hi, Burton.
嗨 露露 嗨 伯顿
I'm looking for Nick. Me, too.
我在找尼克 我也是
Have you tried calling him at home?
有没有给他家里打电♥话♥
Yeah, I did. Even had Jake go over there but, uh...
有 打过了 我甚至叫杰克去他家看过了 但是
Well, he's probably--
那么 他有可能
what he's probably doing.
我觉得我们都知道他去干嘛了
Hey, Alvin. Hey, Burton.
嗨 阿尔文 嗨 伯顿
Do you mind if I check out Nick's office? I'm looking for a legal opinion.
你介意我去尼克的办公室看看吗 我在找一本法律意见书
No, go right ahead. Thanks.
不介意 进去吧 谢谢
As for the custody of your son...
关于你儿子的监护权
Right?
怎么了
It's not gonna be easy. Okay.
不会很容易 好吧
Presumption in Pennsylvania is for the biological parent.
按照宾夕法尼亚州的关于亲生父母的法律规定
Right.
嗯
What does that mean?
这是什么意思
Your ex-husband has the legal right to contest the placement.
你的前夫有权决定孩子去哪里
But there is a way?
但是 还是有其他办法的吧
Yes, there's something called the Standby Guardian Act.
是的 有个规定叫备用监护人法案
You're really... You're so good at this.
你真的 你真的很在行
You're really smart.
你真的很聪明
Thank you.
谢谢
So, the Standby Guardian Act.
所以 备用监护人法案
It allows a terminally ill parent to commence a custody action
这个法案允许身患绝症的父母做出监护权的决定
that alleges that the other parent is unable to care for their child.
断定另一位家长无法照顾这个孩子
Okay.
好的
You could try to designate a new guardian.
你可以试着指定一个新的监护人
My guess is you will lose.
但是我猜你不会赢
Right.
是啊
From what you've told me of your son's father, he's not abusive or neglectful.
你跟我说他爸爸并没有虐待或者冷落孩子
Well, he's not a good father. He's not loving.
他不是一个好爸爸 他不爱孩子
Legally ''loving'' is not a requirement.
法律上没有关于爱的规定
Right. Right.
是啊 是的
Have you considered asking your son what he wants to do?
你有没有考虑问下你的儿子他想怎么做
Oh, he's just a boy.
他还只是个孩子
No. I need to come up with a solid plan for him.
不 我需要给他制定一个切实可行的计划
A solid plan for him?
给他制定切实可行的计划吗
Exactly.
是啊
You need to ask him what he wants to do.
你需要问问他 他想做什么
He's just a boy.
他还只是个孩子
ls there a bathroom I might use?
我能不能用下洗手间
Upstairs, end of the hall.
楼上 走廊的尽头
Hi, Jerry. Alvin.
嗨 杰瑞 嗨 阿尔文
You know Nick Fallin? Sure.
你认识尼克·法林吗 认识
剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表