剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表
Hey, Ron. Burton.
嘿 罗恩 伯顿
How you doing? Well, we'll see.
你好吗 好吧 我们拭目以待
Good to see you. Yeah.
很高兴见到你 是啊
Ron, I'm afraid my son has got to step away from the case.
罗恩 恐怕我儿子不能参与这个案子了
Well, whatever you think is best.
好吧 你觉得怎么好 就怎么办
So?
那么
So I talked to Longo's attorney, and she turned down our offer.
我和隆戈的律师谈了谈 她拒绝了我们的提议
He turned down ten grand?
他拒绝了一万美元
Yeah.
是啊
Burton, what kind of homeless guy turns down ten grand?
伯顿 什么样的流浪汉会拒绝一万美元
I am hemorrhaging money on this thing.
我把钱都花在这件事上了
I know that, but we do have other options.
我知道 但是我们还有其他的选择
Like what? Well, we could fight it.
比如说 好吧 我们可以起诉
That's just gonna cost a lot of money, waste a lot of time.
那只会花费很多的钱 浪费很多的时间
Or we could make a different offer.
或者我们可以再报一次价
Of more money? No.
更多的钱 不行
All this guy wants is a home, and, uh...
这家伙想要的只是一个家 和 呃
and you happen to have several thousand, so--
而你碰巧有几千个公♥寓♥ 所以
You want me to give this guy one of my units?
你想让我给这个家伙一个吗
It doesn't have to be fancy, but I think that might do it.
不需要太好的 但我想这样就行了
And that would make this whole mess go away?
这样所有的麻烦都可以解决了吗
I think so.
我是那么认为的
Another cost of doing business.
做生意的另一个成本
Let's just get it done.
让我们解决它吧
Okay, Ron. I'll keep you posted.
好吧 罗恩 我会随时通知你的
Good to see you. You, too.
很高兴见到你 我也是
Hey, I'm gonna go home a little early. I'm not feeling too well.
嘿 我要早点回家 我觉得不太舒服
Okay. Sorry.
好的 我很抱歉
No, I can cover for you.
没关系 你的活我可以替你做
All right. Thanks.
好的 谢谢你
How far along are you?
你怀孕多长时间了
Uh, just six weeks.
呃 只有六个星期
Nick's?
尼克的吗
Of course.
当然是的
Well, I think that's great.
嗯 我认为这很好
Thank you.
谢谢
You're gonna be a wonderful mother.
你会成为一个好妈妈的
Thank you.
谢谢你
So, uh, what are your plans?
所以 呃 你有什么计划
What do you mean?
什么意思
About work. Work plans.
关于工作 你的工作计划
Same as always, just... you know, to work.
一如既往地 只是 你知道的 工作
Okay. Why?
好的 为什么这么问
Well, if you want to take maternity leave...
嗯 如果你想休产假
Oh, right.
哦 对啊
I'm here, you know, to do whatever.
我在这里 你知道的 可以做任何事
Well, thank you.
好的 谢谢你
All I'm saying is, you know, give me some warning
我想说的是 给我一些忠告
because I've kinda gotten used to the free time.
因为我已经习惯了自♥由♥
I'm planning to run for City Council.
我打算竞选市议会议员
But, you know...whatever.
但你知道 随便什么
lf you need me to talk to the Board or take the reins back for awhile,
如果你需要我跟董事谈一谈 或者是放松一下
just let me know.
请告诉我
Well, I'm planning on staying here, Alvin...
我打算呆在这儿 阿尔文
for the long term, you know? So...
长♥期♥的 你知道的 所以
Right.
是的
I'm not suggesting you weren't, Lulu.
我并不是说你会离开 露露
Right.
是的
I'm happy for you, Lulu.
我为你感到高兴 露露
You and Nick. Truly happy.
你和尼克 真的很高兴
Thanks.
谢谢
So, today your dad was, uh, a little condescending.
今天你♥爸♥爸 呃 有一点盛气凌人
What?
什么意思
Yeah, he asked me if I ever handled a claim like this before.
他问我以前是否处理过这样的索赔
Well, have you?
好吧 那你处理过呢
That's not the point.
这不是重点
Did he tell you about our conversation?
他告诉你我们的谈话了吗
He said that he went to talk to you.
他说他去找你了
Did you tell him about us?
你告诉他我们的事了吗
About the pregnancy? No. No.
怀孕的事吗 不 没有告诉他
What about the proposal?
那求婚的事儿呢
Well, you know, l, uh...
嗯 你知道 我 呃
I did ask him for my mother's ring.
我确实向他要了我妈妈的戒指
That was your mother's ring?
那是你妈妈的戒指
Yeah.
是的
You didn't tell me that. It doesn't matter.
你没告诉过我这个 没关系的
Do you think maybe your dad resents me being--
你觉得你♥爸♥爸会讨厌我吗
No, it's just the way he does business.
不 这只是他做生意的方式
Believe me.
相信我
Hey.
嘿
You gotta get me out of that Christian men's shelter.
你得让我离开那个基♥督♥教的收♥容♥所♥
Rufus. You gotta get me out of there.
鲁弗斯 你得让我离开那里
lt's like a prison in that place, bunch a animals.
那地方就像个监狱 一群动物在里面
You know, I never asked how your dad died.
我从没问过你♥爸♥是怎么死的
Smoking.
抽烟
Drinking.
酗酒
I used to drink with your dad,
我以前也和你♥爸♥爸一起喝过酒
down on the dock some nights and, uh...
有时候晚上在码头上 然后 呃
Man, he could really put it away.
伙计 他真的是很能喝
But I played ball with him, too, you know?
但我也和他一起打球 你知道吗
I mean, he played and I rode the pine.
我是说 他打球 而我坐冷板凳
But there was this one game against Schenley, double overtime.
但有一场对阵辛雷的比赛 双加时赛
Man! Coach never took him out.
伙计 教练从来没有让他下场
And no matter what Schenley did, they couldn't stop Bobby.
无论辛雷做什么 他们都无法阻止鲍比
I used to play hoops with him in the driveway.
我过去常和他在车道上玩篮球
Of course he only shot one-handed
当然 他只用一只手投篮
because he always had a beer bottle in the other.
因为他另一只手里总是拿着啤酒瓶
Alvin, I've been thinking a lot.
阿尔文 我想了很多
And I've been thinking maybe if I stopped with the drinking,
我一直在想 如果我不喝酒
I could go to that place you were talking about...
我可以去你说的那个地方
if I stopped.
如果我不喝酒的话
Hello?
你好
Ah, Dawn.
啊 道恩
Alvin Masterson. Listen, I have a gentleman here with me
阿尔文·马斯特森 听着 有一位先生和我在一起
who has some issues he's working on but, uh...
他正在处理一些问题 但是
I think that he may succeed at Hewlett House.
我认为他在休利特公♥寓♥可能会成功
Yeah, I can hold.
嗯 我可以等
Whew.
唷
lf Mr. Longo will drop this adverse possession claim,
如果隆戈先生放弃这一不利占有要求
Mr. Hassey is willing to give him an apartment in Dormont.
哈西先生愿意在多尔蒙给他一套公♥寓♥
Dormont? Yeah.
多尔蒙 是的
That's not a very nice neighborhood.
那不是一个很好的社区
Well, it's a lot better than where he's living now.
比他现在住的地方好多了
Yeah, but the land in question is potentially worth $700,000.
是的 但这片土地可能价值70万美元
And a one-bedroom apartment in Dormont is worth less than forty.
多尔蒙的一居室公♥寓♥还不到4万美元
The only reason we're having this conversation
我们谈话的唯一原因
is because my client wants to start construction on his development... now.
因为我的客户想开始他的开♥发♥建设 但现在
And if you litigate this thing with me,
如果你跟我提起诉讼
your client's gonna end up receiving nothing.
你的委托人最终什么也得不到
And you're gonna be wasting a lot of your valuable time
而且你会浪费很多宝贵的时间
that could've been dedicated to people who really need you.
那本可以献给真正需要你的人
Ralph Longo's welfare records came in.
拉尔夫·隆戈的福利记录显示
He's been receiving food stamps for over two decades,
20多年来 他一直在领♥取♥食品券
and his listed address for that entire time
他的地址也一直在上面
is the house that you evicted him from.
就是你把他赶出去的那栋房♥子
ls that a no?
难道不是吗
I'll bring your offer to my client, but I'm not gonna recommend it.
我会把你的报价带给我的客户 但我不会建议他接受的
Okay.
好吧
Yeah, okay.
是啊 好的
Uh, I guess I'll talk to you later.
呃 我们以后再谈
剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表