剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表
Oh, the one asking directions.
哦 那个问路的
Oh, come on, Roger. I was giving her directions.
哦 得了吧 罗杰 我给她指路了
Uhhuh. What?
嗯 什么
She was lost?
她迷路了吗?
l come here for takeout.
我是来叫外卖♥♥的
You come to Mason's for takeout?
你到梅森这里来叫外卖♥♥吗
See you later, Alvin.
再见 阿尔文
Give your wife my regards.
代我向你妻子问好
Hey.
嘿
Hey. Thanks for coming by.
嘿 谢谢你能过来
Sure.
不客气
So, this is it.
那就这样了吗
Yeah.
是啊
Saturday morning, I'm on that plane.
星期六早上 我会在那架飞机上
Well, you know, um...
嗯 你知道 呃
for what it's worth, I understand why you're taking the job.
不管怎样 我理解你为什么要接受这份工作
l mean, if it were me, I'd probably do the same thing.
我是说 如果是我 我可能也会这么做
Thank you.
谢了
Running your own clinic, living in Berkeley.
住在伯克利 自己开着律所
lt's supposed to be beautiful.
应该很美好
Yeah.
就是啊
No more Pittsburgh winters, right?
不再有匹兹堡的冬天了 对吧
That's something I could do without.
我也不喜欢这儿的冬天
Do you want something to drink?
你想喝点什么
Yeah, I'll have a red wine.
是的 我要一杯红酒
Red wine. Yes.
红酒 对
l didn't expect you to be so nice.
我没想到你会这么好
I'm really going to miss you, you know.
你知道的 我真的会很想你的
I'm going to miss you, too.
我也会想你的
Yeah.
是啊
Well, Lightstone got another letter.
好吧 莱斯顿又收到了一封信
Evidently, this lawyer has 30 plaintims lined up,
很明显 这个律师有30个原告等着呢
alleging similar treatment.
声称受到了类似的待遇
How much does he want?
他想要多少
3 million, including punitive damages.
300万 包括惩罚性赔偿
He's just trying to hold us up.
他只是试图阻止我们
Well, maybe. But this buyer is getting a little nervous
也许吧 但这位买♥♥家有点紧张
over taking over a company with all this bad publicity.
接管一家有不良记录的公♥司♥
Glen Lightstone...
格伦·莱斯顿
You shouldn't have taken his word for it, Nicholas.
尼古拉斯你不应该相信他的话
He's the Chief Operating Omicer of that company.
他是那家公♥司♥的首席运营官
Son, he's a lightweight, OK?
儿子 他不是很有才能 好吗
His father's always talking him up
他父亲总是对他夸大其谈
like he's some kind of retailing genius.
好像他是个零售天才
lf you ask me, he doesn't have a clue.
如果你问我 他就是个糊涂蛋
I'll tell you, the luckiest thing that happened to him
我告诉你 他最幸运的事
was to have a dad like Robert.
就是有一个像罗伯特这样的爸爸
Well, anyway...
好吧 不管怎样
talk to him again, get all the facts this time, OK?
再和他谈一次 去了解所有的事情 好吗
And let's put a lid on this mess.
让我们度过这次难关
We have a bigger problem now.
我们现在有一个更大的问题了
These new claims are frivolous.
这些新投诉都是无稽之谈
No, it doesn't matter. They've opened the door.
不 这不紧要 他们已经开始了
l would like to have known about the other complaints.
我想知道其他的投诉
I didn't think they were serious. You knew about them?
我不认为他们是认真的 你了解他们的情况吗
Some of them.
知道几个
Look, Nick, I'm sorry. You've got to understand
听着 尼克 我很抱歉 但是你必须明白
that these shoplifters are killing me. l had to get it under control.
这些商店扒手快要了我的命 我得控制住局面
So, we run some numbers,
所以 我们运行了一些数字
and most of the people accused were minorities.
大多数被指控的人都是少数民族
So, you unleashed this new cop you hired on your black customers?
所以 你让新雇来的警♥察♥来对付你的黑人顾客
Look, since my dad decided to merge, everything's been about money.
听着 自从我爸爸决定合并后 一切都是为了钱
l was just doing what I thought he wanted.
我只是在做他想做的事
Did you think to tell your father about what was going on?
你想过告诉你父亲发生了什么事吗
No.
不
Glen, you run the store. It's your responsibility.
格伦 是你经营在这家商店 这是你的责任
Nick, you're lucky because your father is not like mine.
尼克 你很幸运 因为你的父亲不像我的父亲
l cannot bear to see the look on his face,
我无法忍♥受他脸上的表情
the disappointment.
失望的脸
lt would just simply kill him, OK? You have no idea.
那只会让他崩溃 好吗 你根本不知道
The Francos-- they're in the meeting room.
法兰克一家 他们在会议室。
What?
什么
l thought about what you said. You were right. We can't just drop them.
我想了想你说的话 你是对的 我们不能丢下他们
Oh. Well, thank you, Alvin.
哦 谢谢你 阿尔文
That's the right thing to do.
这是正确的做法
They're waiting to speak with you.
他们在等着和你说话
Wait, Alvin--
等一下 阿尔文
No, it's all worked out. l spoke with Judy.
我全部解决好了 我和朱迪谈过了
She can spare you until November, considering the circumstances.
考虑到目前的情况 她可以把你留到11月
So, problem solved.
所以 问题就解决了
Hello, Alvin.
你好 阿尔文
Roger.
罗杰
l was hoping we could talk.
我希望我们可以谈谈
I'm worried about you.
我很担心你
Worried about me?
担心我
Well, actually, I'm not the only one.
是啊 事实上 我不是唯一一个
l ran into some of the other members of the board.
我遇到了董事会的一些其他成员
Frankly, there's concern.
坦白地说 有点担心
Concern?
担心
Yeah, about how you're holding up.
是啊 关于你怎么坚持下去
l mean, two murders here, personnel issues,
我是说 这里发生了两件谋杀案 人事问题
the budgetary pressures you're under.
还有你面临的预算压力
You know, it's never easy here.
你知道的 在这里从来都不容易
But I'm handling it. Really?
但是我正在处理它 真的吗
Yeah.
是啊
Because yesterday-- well, you were acting kind of strange.
因为昨天 嗯 你表现得有点奇怪
I'm just hoping the pressure isn't starting to get to you.
我只是希望不要把压力传给你
You know, I can understand where you're coming from,
你知道的 我能理解你这是干什么
given your position here.
考虑到你所处的位置
You're one of our important contributors.
你是我们重要的投资人之一
OK.
好吧
So...
所以
You know... What?
你知道的 什么
l might be mistaken about this.
我可能搞错了
l mean, you sort of startled me out there.
我是说 你吓了我一跳
Are we back to yesterday? I was wondering...
难道我们是回到昨天了吗? 我在想
did you have a camera? I did.
你有照相机吗 有啊
I see. Why?
知道了 为什么?
No reason. Just asking.
没什么 就是问问
You can't dictate where I work, Alvin.
阿尔文 你不能决定我的工作地点
I'm not dictating. I simply asked how firm your start date was.
我没有 我只是问你有多确定你的开始日期
Judy said she could wait until January 1 , if need be.
朱迪说她如果需要的话 她可以等到1月1号♥
January 1?
1月1号♥
Lulu, I need help here! l can't understand why you won't stay.
露露 我需要帮助 我不明白你为什么不能留下来
Because I don't want to, Alvin.
因为我不想 阿尔文
Because you have turned this place into a mess.
因为你把这个地方搞得一团糟
When I think about how great LSP could be
当我想到了LSP可以有多么伟大
and I think about all the great things we could accomplish, I get sick.
想到了我们本来可以完成的所有伟大的事情 我就会很难过
Your fundraisers always fall short,
你的资金总是不够
the clients come second to your needs.
客户是你的第二需要
l mean, my God, you have had weeks to fill these open positions.
我的意思是 我的天 你有几个星期的时间来填补这些空缺
So, don't blame me for your problems.
所以,不要因为你的问题怪我
You know, you're a good lawyer, Lulu. You have a sharp, analytical mind.
露露 你知道你是个好律师 你有着敏锐的 善于分♥析♥的头脑
lf I were in trouble, I'd want you on my team.
如果我有麻烦的话 我希望你可以加入我的团队
Yeah? In the background...
是吗 在背后
researching the law.
研究法律
Out front, I'd want someone who'd rather die than lose a case.
以前 我想要的是宁愿死也不愿输掉官司的人
What are you talking about? l hate to lose.
你在说什么 我讨厌输掉官司
But you tolerate it.
但你能承受住它
Tiffany Skovich. What?
蒂芙尼·斯科维奇 什么
剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表