剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表
Why?
为什么
I was gonna try and get you into a county-sponsored vocational program.
我想让你参加一个由政♥府♥资助的职业项目
Well, just find me a place like Gerald.
好吧 只要给我找到一个地方像杰拉尔德一样就好了
You have to be sober. You have to have a job.
你要清醒一点 你必须要有一份工作
So... highest level of education?
所以 最高学历
Harvard.
哈佛
You're wasting my time, Mr. Schmiel.
施米尔先生 你在浪费时间
All right. Aldrich High School.
好吧 奥尔德里奇高中
What about it?
什么
My highest level of education.
我的最高学历
Yeah? When did you graduate?
是吗 你什么时候毕业
'54.
54年
Did you know a Robert Masterson?
你认识罗伯特·马斯特森吗
Who's that? My dad.
那是谁 我父亲
Bobby Masterson!
鲍比·马斯特森
Sure I knew him.
我当然知道他
Great guy. How's he doing?
好人啊 他现在怎么样了
He passed away.
他去世了
Aw. Damn shame.
哦 太可惜了
We were in shop together all four years.
我们在店里面一起工作了四年
They put me in there because I'm not a very good student, you know.
他们把我放在那里因为我不是一个非常好的学生 你知道的
But your dad? Oh, he was good.
但是你父亲 他真的很好
Won Best Project, senior year.
高三时获得最佳项目奖
Made a cutting board shaped like a pig.
做了一个猪一样形状的砧板
My dad? Yeah. He was talented.
我的父亲吗 是的 他很有才华
Ha ha! Small world, man. Small world.
哈哈 世界真小啊 伙计 世界真小
Hey, Donnie.
嘿 唐尼
What's wrong?
怎么了
Oh, the ticker, like usual.
心脏 像往常一样
Does it hurt?
疼不疼
It did, a little.
是的 有一点
I feel good now.
我现在好多了
Hey, Donnie, the doc asked me about my pills.
唐尼 医生问我药的事了
I can never remember.
我不记得了
I told him you know 'em all, so...
我告诉他你都知道 所以
He's probably down the hall.
他可能在楼下大厅
Go tell him, huh?
去告诉他 好吗
Okay. Good boy.
好的 好孩子
Mr. Longo, I'm Louisa Archer from Legal Services of Pittsburgh.
隆戈先生 我是匹兹堡法律服务部的路易莎·阿切尔
You a lawyer?
你是律师
Yes, and if you want, I can help you with Donnie's shelter hearing.
是的 如果你愿意 我可以在唐尼的收♥容♥所♥听证会上帮忙
Shelter hearing?
收♥容♥所♥听证会
Well, Social Services is concerned about your ability to care for Donnie,
社会服务有点担心你照顾唐尼的能力
considering your health and...well, now the fact that you have no home.
考虑到你的健康和 现在你没有家了
The cops said I couldn't stay there anymore.
警♥察♥说我不能再待在那里了
The owner wanted you evicted.
业主希望您可以离开
Why now?
为什么是现在
I've been there since '65.
我从65年就住在那儿了
You've been living in that house since 1965?
你从1965年起就住在那栋房♥子里了吗
Yeah. Squatting?
是啊 非法占用吗
No, renting. At least for a while.
不是的 是租♥房♥♥ 至少有一段时间是的
I'm not following you. Who were you renting from?
我不懂你的意思 你从谁那里租的
Oh, I don't remember. Some family.
哦 我不记得了 某个家庭吧
They owned all the homes on the lot.
他们拥有这块土地上所有的房♥子
And then you stopped renting?
然后你就不再租♥房♥♥了
I stopped paying.
我不再支付费用了
Why?
为什么
Well, the houses weren't too good to begin with,
这些房♥子本来就不太好
and that family, they just let them fall apart.
而那个家庭 却让它们散架了
So I stopped paying rent.
所以我停止了支付房♥租
And when was that?
那是什么时候
Oh, around '79.
哦 大约在79年
And you just kept living there?
你就一直住在那里
When the steel mills shut down in the seventies, I couldn't find work.
70年代钢铁厂倒闭后 我找不到工作
Then I got sick.
接下来我就生病了
I wasn't about to give up a free home.
我不打算放弃一个免费的住所
What's gonna happen to me and Donnie?
我和唐尼会怎么样
You're not gonna argue adverse possession.
你不会主张违法占有吧
lf Mr. Longo can prove he's been living on that property
如果隆戈先生可以证明他一直住在那里的话
without paying rent, for 21 years--
21年没有支付租金
How you gonna prove this?
你要怎么证明这一点
Well, if what he's saying is true, the property belongs to him.
好吧 如果他说的是真的 那产权就是他的
So you're telling me that if someone lives on someone else's property long enough
所以你是在告诉我 如果有人在别人的房♥子里住得够久的话
it just becomes theirs?
房♥子就是他们的了
lf he lives on it for 21 consecutive years and the owner does nothing about it.
如果他连续21年住在这里 而业主却什么也没有做
Tell me he's wrong about this.
告诉我他是错的
Well, the burden will be on Mr. Longo to prove his claim,
好吧 当务之急是要朗格先生证实他说的话
but since you're currently the legal owner, that'll sit well in court.
但既然你现在是合法所有人 这在法庭上很有发言权
Currently the legal owner?
合法所有人
I bought this property fair and square from the county.
我从县里光明正大地把这处房♥产买♥♥了下来
You bought it at auction, subject to all liens and claims,
你是在拍卖♥♥会上买♥♥的 但要付所有的留置权和索赔权
and this is a claim.
而且这就是索赔
Mr. Hassey, all they have is the word of an unreliable old man.
哈西先生 他们只有一个不靠谱的老头说的话
Ron? We need you to sign for this.
罗恩 我们需要你签字
And every day this project is delayed, I lose money. You understand that?
这个项目每天都被延迟 我就赔钱 你明白吗
I do.
我知道
I may have a conflict here.
我可能有点冲突
How so?
怎么会呢
I'm representing Mr. Longo's grandson at his shelter hearing.
我代表隆戈先生的孙子出席了他在收♥容♥所♥的听证会
LSP again.
又是LSP律所
Well, I can still work for the client. Lulu hasn't filed anything yet.
嗯 我仍然可以为那位委托人工作 露露还没有提交任何文件
Well, she will. I'll talk to her.
嗯 她会的 我会和她谈谈的
See if you can talk some sense into her.
看看你能否说服她
Now, listen, uh, your birthday's coming up.
听着 你的生日快到了
Why don't you and Shannon and l spend a weekend at Namacolin?
你为什么不跟香农和我在纳马林过个周末呢
Hit a spa, get a massage. You know, relax a little bit.
泡个温泉 做个按♥摩♥ 放松一下
A massage? Yeah.
按♥摩♥吗 是啊
They've got that mud-wrapping thing, whatever you call it.
他们有那种裹泥的东西 不管你叫它什么
lt's supposed to work pretty good.
应该效果不错的
Well, I'll check my schedule.
好吧 我看看我的日程安排
Be good for you.
对你有好处的
Upon Mr. Longo's recovery, Catholic Charities has a facility
在隆戈康复后 天主教慈善机构有一个机构
whose goal is to keep homeless families together.
目的是让无家可归的家庭团聚
Ms. Archer, that facility is designed for single mothers and their children.
阿彻尔女士 这是专为单身母亲和她们的孩子设计的
Right, but there's nothing in their charter that denies--
没错 但他们的章程里没有否认
Ms. Solt, what is Social Services' position?
索尔特女士 社会服务的立场是什么呢
Donnie Longo has lived in horrible conditions while caring for a sick adult.
唐尼·隆戈在照顾一个生病的成年人时 一直生活在可怕的环境中
During that time, he's attended school on a semi-regular basis
在此期间 他半正规地就读于学校
and kept out of trouble.
也没惹麻烦
lmagine what he'd do if placed in the proper environment.
想想如果把他放在合适的环境里 他会做什么
Donnie did well because of his grandfather, not in spite of him.
唐尼做得好是因为他祖父 而不是他
There's no reason to keep them separate.
我们没有理由把他们分开
I agree.
我同意
Do you suggest he live in the hospital with him?
你建议他和他祖父一起住在医院吗
No, I suggest when Mr. Longo recovers,
不 我建议隆戈先生康复后
all emorts be made to find a facility where these two can live together.
所有这些都是为了找到这两个人可以住在一起的地方
Possibly. But in the meantime, he needs some place to stay.
可能吧 但与此同时 他需要一个住的地方
So, I'm placing Donald in the Allegheny Boys Shelter
所以 我把唐纳德安置在阿勒格尼男孩收♥容♥所♥
until a suitable foster family can be found.
直到找到合适的寄养家庭
lf the time comes where Mr. Longo
如果隆戈先生那时候
is able to provide adequate care for his grandson,
有能力为他的孙子提供足够的照顾
we will revisit this issue.
我们会重新讨论这个问题
Allegheny Boys Shelter?
阿勒格尼男孩收♥容♥所♥
lt's not so bad.
也不是那么糟糕
Wait. What about Gramps? I mean...
等一等 我爷爷怎么样 我的意思是
I need to take care of him. He'll die in that place.
我需要照顾他 不然他会死在那里的
There are doctors that can take care of your grandfather.
有医生会照顾你的祖父
But I know when to give him his pills.
但我知道什么时候给他吃药
I know how much water to put in his juice so his stomach won't hurt.
我知道该往他的果汁里放多少水 他的胃就不会痛了
I need to be with him. You need to get me back with him.
我需要和他在一起 你得让我跟他回去
剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表