剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表
Right.
嗯
lt's quite an unusual condition for a 14-year-old.
对于一个14岁的孩子来说是相当异常的情况
Well, so is being pregnant.
这个 怀孕也是挺异常的
Yeah.
对
The doctor says that her problems may be environmental.
医生说她的病有可能与环境因素有关
Convenient.
说的轻巧
So, you don't want to do anything?
所以 你不打算采取措施吗
Oh, this happens all the time,Mr. Fallin.
噢 这是常有的事儿啊 法林先生
Well, if there's a coal fire burning underneath Vernon--
这个 如果在弗农地底下发生了煤矿火灾
We don't believe the fire has spread to that area.
我们不相信火灾会蔓延到那里
lf people do get sick, they could trace it back to your corporation.
如果人们生病了 他们会追溯到你们的公♥司♥的
Yes?
所以呢
You may want to consider injury releases.
你应该考虑一下伤病条款
But we don't know if we've made anybody sick.
但我们并不知道有谁因此生病
Would you rather spend a little bit now
您是希望现在少花点钱搞定
or a lot later?
还是日后花更多钱
Mr. Nystrom.
奈斯特龙先生
The doctors are saying that Petra has cancer.
医生说佩特拉得了癌症
Oh, l'm sorry.
噢 我很抱歉
And they're going to have to abort the baby before they can treat her,
他们正打算在给她治疗之前把孩子打掉
or she could die.
不然她会死的
Anyway, l was just wondering if maybe you could come down there
不管怎么样 我想说你能不能坐下来
and talk to your friend.
和你的朋友聊聊
Mr. Nystrom, could we take this into my office?
奈斯特龙先生 我们去我办公室谈吧
Because they're trying to move her somewhere else.
因为他们正试着把她转移到别的地方
They're saying they can't treat her there.
他们医疗条件不允许就地治疗她
Well, it's not really my place to--
好吧 这不是我们能谈话的地方
But you know him.
但是你认识他
We did an MRl.
我们做了核磁共振
Tumors have perforated the lung membrane--
肿瘤已经穿过了胃黏膜
a sign of a very aggressive cancer.
这是非常具有攻击性的癌症
What can you do for her?
你们能为她做什么
The treatment she needs is way beyond our resources.
她的治疗已经远远超过了我们的能力范围
The baby?
那孩子呢
She'll have to terminate the pregnancy
她不得不选择终止妊娠
if she wants to treat the cancer.
如果她想治癌症的话
Where are you going to send her?
你们打算把她送到哪儿去
She has to stay here for now.
她现在必须待在这儿
But Petra's best shot
但是对她来说最好的机会
is angiogenesis inhibitor therapy.
血管生成抑制剂疗程
lt cuts om blood supply to the tumors.
它可以切断给肿瘤的血液供给
But it's relatively new,and, unfortunately,
但这是个新疗法 而且很不幸
Mr. Nystrom's insurance carrier is refusing to cover it.
奈斯特龙先生的保险公♥司♥已经拒绝承担了
Why?
为什么
They claim it's experimental.
他们声称这种治疗还在试验阶段
We could put her through the traditional treatment--
我们只能通过传统的治疗方法
chemo, radiation--but from my experience,
化疗 但是根据以往的经验
l haven't seen that work on something this aggressive,
我还没见过化疗对这种病起作用
and l've never seen it work on a girl this age.
也没见过它在这个年纪的女孩身上起作用
Who's the insurance carrier?
谁是保险负责人
Mr. Nystrom is still covered by his old health plan
奈斯特龙先生仍然在使用着
from when he was a miner.
他当矿工时的医疗保险
l'll fax you over the contact information.
我会把联♥系♥方式传真给你的
Thank you.
谢谢
Mr. Nystrom, you need to sign some consent forms
奈斯特龙先生 你需要签这些
for the abortion.
流产同意书
Well, good thing l signed that form for my property.
好吧 好在我签了那份关于我房♥产的合同
At least l got that money coming in.
最后我会得到那些钱
Right.
是的
Maybe l can use that to pay for what she needs.
也许我可以用那些给她买♥♥她需要的
Hey. Hey.
嘿 嘿
So, l hear you're trying to take Hostetler away from Cranston.
听说你打算把霍斯泰特勒从克兰斯顿律所挖过来
Yeah.
是
We land those guys,
我们要是搞定了这笔单子
we'll need an environmental lawyer.
就需要雇一名环境律师了
Someone who really knows the ropes around the federal courts.
某个对联邦法♥院♥非常了解的人
l know that, Dad.
我懂的 老爸
What?
怎么了
There's this girl--14 years old.
有个14岁的女孩儿
She has cancer. She needs a lot of expensive treatment.
她得了癌症 需要一笔昂贵的治疗费
Her father's insurance company doesn't want to pay for it.
她父亲的保险公♥司♥不愿支付这笔费用
So?
所以呢
Hostetler Coal may have made her sick.
很有可能是霍斯泰特勒的煤矿导致她生病
How?
怎么说
Toxins from the coal fire.
毒气是从煤火中传出来的
So, Hostetler wants to settle her out cheap, huh?
所以霍斯泰特勒想便宜点打发她 是吧
Of course.
没错
Her family got a lawyer yet?
她家有律师了吗
No, but they're beginning to trust me.
没有 但是他们家开始信任我了
Well, l know it's tough for you son, but...
好吧 我知道这对你来说有点难 儿子 但是
you've got to get them to sign.
你不得不拿到他们的签名
Yeah. The money Hostetler's offering
我懂 霍斯泰特勒给的钱
isn't going to begin to cover medical fees.
还不够支付医疗费用
Hostetler retained you?
霍斯泰特勒委托你了吗
That's right.
没错
So, you've got to be above board
所以你准备毫不保留地
and just explain everything to the family.
把一切都解释给他们一家人
Yeah, of course.
对 当然
Your job is to l know what my job is, Dad.
你的工作是 我知道我的工作 爸爸
Well, then...
好吧 那
Right.
嗯
Big coal.
大煤矿
Hey.
嘿
How are you feeling?
感觉怎么样
OK, l guess.
还好吧 我想
l'm sore a little.
就是有点疼
l got you something.
我给你带了些东西
A Watchtower?
瞭望塔
Um, where's your father?
呃 你♥爸♥去哪儿了
He went to get comee.
他去买♥♥咖啡了
You know, she was dead already.
你知道吗 她已经死了
What?
什么
The baby died before the operation.
在做手术之前宝宝就已经死了
Oh.
噢
l'm--l'm sorry.
我 我很抱歉
No. It's OK.
不 没事
l'll see her soon.
我很快就能见到她了
l heard my doctor tell my dad that...
我听到医生告诉我爸爸说
l probably wouldn't live.
我可能活不了多久了
So...
所以
l'll see my baby soon.
我很快就能看到我的宝宝了
Nick.
尼克
Hey.
嘿
l, uh--
我 呃
l made an appointment with the insurance company
我约了今天晚些时候和保险公♥司♥的人
for later today.
见面
So, you think you can get them to pay for Petra's care?
所以 你觉得他们会支付佩特拉的医药费吗
l'll try.
我会尽力
Well, thank you, man.
谢谢你 兄弟
Um--
呃
Well, l'll see you later.
好了 晚点我再来看你
Enjoy the read.
好好看吧
Hey.
嘿
Did you just come down here to see how she was doing?
你是来探望她的身体情况的吗
Yeah.
对
Yeah.
对
You got a minute?
有空吗
Yeah.
有
l have a guy from American Northeastern Insurance
我有一个来自美国东北地区保险的客人
in the meeting room.What?
在会议室 什么
剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表