剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表
There's a guy in the meeting room from--
就有一个在会议室的人来自
No, l heard what you said.You want to talk about a case?
不 我听到你说的了 你来是想和我谈案子吗
That's right.
是的
l called you three times.
我给你打了三次电♥话♥
l know, l know.
我知道 我知道
Listen, l need you to be the attorney of record on this case.
听好 我需要你做这个案子的出庭律师
Nick, we had sex the other night.
尼克 我们前几晚还睡在一起
l mean, you don't even want to talk about what happened?
我是说 你都不想谈谈发生了什么吗
The company l represent may be involved in this matter,
我代表的公♥司♥可能会卷到这个麻烦中
so l can't have my name showing up on anything related to this.
所以 我的名字不能出现和这件事有关的东西上
There is a young girl that has cancer
有一个得了癌症的小姑娘
and the insurance company won't cover her medical costs.
保险公♥司♥不愿意支付她的医疗费用
Can you help me out with this or not?
你能不能帮我这件事
The guy's name is Cabe Goodman. OK.
那个男的叫凯布·古德曼 好吧
He's going to argue that his company is only required
他会争辩说他的公♥司♥只需要支付
to cover standard and generally accepted medical care.
标准的和普通的医疗费用
You need to argue bad faith.
你需要指出他们的矛盾点
They're rejecting this claim as a matter of course.
他们想当然地拒绝了这个索赔
l know what bad faith is.
我知道什么是矛盾点
Their company rejects T80/o of claims that cost more than a quarter million.
他们公♥司♥拒绝了百分之八十的索赔 这些只花费了25万美金
They routinely deny care for people living under the poverty line.
经常拒绝为生活在贫困线以下的人提供医疗服务
All right, got it.
好的 我明白了
Hey. Thank you.
嘿 谢谢
l don't care how much he's offering.
我不在乎他给多少钱
lf you signed this second release,Mr. Pence,
如果你签了这个第二份条款 潘斯先生
my client would have given you $60,000.
我的客户将会给你6万美金
Given me? That's right.
给我 没错
l gave the Hostetlers 53 years of my life,
我生命中的53年都给了霍斯太特勒公♥司♥
my friends and family.
我的朋友和家人
Most of them died for that man in the mines--
他们中的大部分人都为了那个男人的煤矿死去了
of emphysema,
不是得了肺气肿
terrible accidents.
就是死于可怕的事故
Hostetler killed this town.
霍斯泰特勒毁了这个小镇
He polluted the river,
他污染了河流
destroyed the mountains.
破坏了山林
Nobody wants to live here anymore.
再也没有人想生活这儿了
And you say he's giving me something?
现在你说他要给我补偿
You signed the first release,Mr. Pence.
你已经签了第一份条款了 潘斯先生
l'm sorry l did.
很抱歉我签了
You tell Mr. Hostetler...
你去告诉霍斯泰特勒
if he gives me ten minutes of his time
如果给我十分钟的试♥卷♥外加
and an apology,
道歉的话
l'll sign that second form for nothing.
我可以不要任何条件就签第二份条款
Ten minutes of his time?
十分钟的时间
That's what l said.
就是这样
Hey.
嘿
Well, the insurance carrier won't budge,
好吧 保险负责人不愿意让步
claims it's experimental care.
拒绝为医疗实验索赔
Right.
好吧
So, l set up an arbitration.
所以我起草了一份仲裁申请书
OK.
好
l looked in the file.
我看了这份文件
Northeastern Atlantic is the insurance carrier
东北大西洋保险公♥司♥是
for American Mine Workers.
美国煤矿工人的承保公♥司♥
Right.
对
You're representing a coal company?
你是煤矿公♥司♥的代表吗
What did you do to that girl?
你对那女孩做了什么
Hey, Lulu. Burton, hey.
嘿 露露 你好 伯顿
How are you doing? l'm well, thanks.
最近还好吗 挺好的 谢谢
Yeah. You look, uh, beautiful.
嗯 你看起来 很漂亮
Thank you.
谢谢
l'd still like to have that dinner we all talked about.
我还想着跟你吃上次约好的饭呢
Oh, well...
哦 这个
that would be nice.
那就太好了
Yeah. Let's do it.
是啊 有空去吃吧
Um, so, anyway,what we were just discussing
额 所以我们刚才只是在讨论
is going to be scheduled for tomorrow.
为明天的计划做些什么
Great. Thank you.
对 谢谢
OK. Good to see you, Burton. Good to see you. Thanks.
好的 很高兴看到你 伯顿 我也是 谢谢
So, that new girl got releases from five families
所以那个新来的女员工拿到了五户
down in Vernon.Right.
弗农镇居民的签字 对
She said you'd take care of the other two, right?
她说你拿了另外两家人的签名 是吗
That's right, yeah.
对 没错
You need any help finishing that up?
你需要些帮助完成这个工作吗
No, no.
不 不用
What about the sick girl's family?
生病的小姑娘一家怎么样了
lt's not a good time.
现在不是说这个的时候
She's in the hospital,being treated for cancer.
她还在医院里接受癌症治疗
lt's not a good time.
不是说签字的时候
Good time for whom?
那要什么时候说
Doesn't matter if it's a good time,Nicholas,
什么样的时间并不重要 尼古拉斯
for anybody except for Hostetler Coal.
除了霍斯泰特勒以外的其他都不重要
This is an addendum to your previous release.
这是你之前签的那份条款的附录
lt asks you to waive...
上面要求了你放弃
any present or future claims against Hostetler
现在和将来对霍斯泰特勒公♥司♥的
for any injury that you or your family may sumer
任何索赔 在你和你的家人可能因为
as a result of their maintenance to the mines.
煤矿的维护而受到伤害后
You mean, like ifwe get hurt if the mine collapses or something.
你是说 如果煤矿坍塌或发生了别的什么导致我们受伤
Any injury resulting from the maintenance of their mines.
任何由于煤矿导致的问题而造成的伤害
What kind of injury?
那是什么样的伤害
lnjury can be defined as anything that amects your health.
这个伤害意味着任何影响你们健康的事
Should l get a lawyer or something?
那我应该请个律师或做些什么吗
That's up to you.
这取决于你自己
But l'm asking you.
但是我在问你
l can't advise you.
我没办法给你建议
Why not?
为什么
Well, l represent the coal company.
因为我已经是煤矿公♥司♥的代表了
You understand that?
你能明白吗
Well, yeah, but you're helping us.
好吧 但是你一直在帮我们
The insurance matter is separate from these releases.
保险公♥司♥的纠纷与这些条款不一样
But you think this is a good deal?
那你觉得这是好的交易吗
lt's what the company is offering.
这是由公♥司♥提供的
You don't need to sign it now. It's a big decision.
你不需要现在就签 这是个重要的决定
We can talk about it tomorrow, all right?
我们明天也可以谈 好吗
Ezra Pence--he doesn't want money.
以斯拉·潘斯 他不想要钱
What does he want?
那他要什么
He wants an apology.
他想要一个道歉
Mr. Fallin, my family has owned this company
法林先生 我的家族拥有这个公♥司♥
for five generations,
已经传了五代了
and we've employed tens of thousands of workers in the state.
而且我们在这个州雇佣了数万名员工
l have nothing to apologize for.
我没什么需要道歉的
lt is cheaper than the alternative.
这比其他的选择要便宜多了
l'll set something up.
我来安排吧
What about this Nystrom guy?
这个叫奈斯特龙的怎么样了
Uh, he hasn't signed yet.
呃 他还没有签字
Oh. Does he have a lawyer?
噢 他有律师吗
l don't believe so.
我不这么想
Well, advise me.
好 给我些建议
You need to pay real money.
你得多花点儿钱
But you've been able to collect those medical releases
但是你已经收集了所有那些接受
signed by everybody for $20,000.
2万美元医疗条款的人的签名了
The Nystrom girl is already sick.
奈斯特龙家的女儿已经病了
lf the father did decide to go after you now
如果她的父亲在这之后马上起诉你
and he got an expedited trial,
并且得到加急处理的话
you could end up paying millions.
你最后可能要付出数百万美元
What's the number?
他现在要多少
l think l could get him to go for 500,000.
我想我可以让他只要50万
l won't go beyond 300.
超过30万的我不会付
And you do your very best to keep it well below that.
你要尽全力把价格控制在这个范围之内
Of course.
当然
剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表