剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表
You're sure this is the best way to go?
你确定这是最佳方案了吗
Yes. You're sure?
对 你保证
Yes.
是的
OK, let's do it.All right.
行 那去办吧 好的
Sadie? What were you doing in there?
塞迪 你刚在里面干嘛呢
Your father asked me to take care of this.
你父亲让我来处理这个
You had the Nystroms sign?
你拿了奈斯特龙的签名
He settled all claims for 25,000--
他决定接受25000美元的索赔
No. No, no, no. l--
不 不 不 不 我
l told you that l would handle the Nystroms.
我告诉过你我可以搞定奈斯特龙的事
l was just doing what your father asked me to do.
我只是做了你父亲要求我做的
So, the other guy says...
然后 另一个人说
''Well, l'll tell you what--
好 我会告诉你
''why don't you take six of one,
为什么你只拿了一瓶
''and l'll take the half a dozen of another?''
而我会拿半打
You heard the testimony of Dr. Aaron Wasserman.
你听了亚伦·沃瑟曼的证词
He stated under oath that inhibitor therapy
他发誓说那个抑制剂疗法可能
might save Petra's life.
挽救佩特拉的生命
Might save her life.He couldn't say for certain.
可能救她的命 他没有说肯定
Well, certainty of result is not a standard in medical coverage.
可是结果的确定性并不是医疗保险的审核标准
This is not care that is generally accepted
这并不是医学界普遍使用的
in the medical community.
能接受的治疗方法
That is the standard set forth in the policy.
这是理赔单上规定的条款
Your company will deny just any claim it deems too expensive.
你们公♥司♥只是拒绝了所有昂贵的赔偿
The fact remains that this treatment is not widely used--
事实就是这个疗法没有被广泛使用
Right, because insurance companies refuse to cover it
对 因为保险公♥司♥把拒绝赔偿
as a matter of course.
当成了理所当然的事
As a matter of course,we refuse to cover care
理所当然的是我们拒绝赔偿是因为
that is experimental.
它的实验性质
You are right about that.
关于这一点你说的对
Have you thought about who you cover?
你想过你都覆盖什么人的保险吗
Who the insured is irrelevant.
与投保人是谁没有关系
Irrelevant?
没关系
My client is a young girl that's about to die from cancer
我的委托人是一位患了癌症的年轻小姑娘
because your company wants to save some money.
就因为你们公♥司♥为了省一点钱而要丧命
l mean, l don't know what's more relevant than that.
我是说 我不知道有什么会比生命更重要
l've heard your arguments.
我听到了你的论述
You'll have our decision in a few hours.
几小时后你就会知道我们的决策
Did that girl's family sign away her right to sue for damages?
女孩儿的家人有在放弃赔偿的权利书上签字吗
Right.
好吧
They signed for 25,000.
他们为了两万五千美元签了字
Well, you know, you did your job.
好了 你只是完成了你的工作
Yeah. Right.
对 是的
l'm sorry if l--
抱歉 如果我
No, it's fine.You know, l just...
不 没关系 你知道的 我只是
thought that maybe l could, uh, help her.
觉得我也许能帮到她
Hey.
嘿
Why won't you talk to me about what happened the other night?
你为什么不愿意和我谈那晚发生的事呢
What would you like to talk about?
你想要谈什么
You know,just because l'm leaving
你知道 那晚我离开
doesn't mean that we can't have some kind of a relationship.
并不是说我们之间不能有其他的关系
How?
什么关系
l still have feelings for you.
我仍然对你有感觉
And l know that l kind of blew the whole thing--
我知道我把一切都搞砸了
You didn't blow it.You didn't blow it.
你没有错 你没有搞砸什么
Well, maybe we could try it again.
那 也许我们可以试着重新开始
Are you still going away?
你还是会离开吗
Yeah.
对
But, um...
但是 呃
Well, l just can't see how it would work.
好吧 我只是看不到会有结果的希望
He's here. All right.
他到了 好的
Mr. Pence.
潘斯先生
This is Burton Fallin, Mr. Hostetler.
这是伯顿·法林 那是霍斯泰特勒先生
You have my full attention, Mr. Pence.
你得到了我所有的关注 潘斯先生
My grandson.
我的孙子
He's dead.
他死了
He's dead.
他死了
Hell of a thing in there--
人间惨剧就这样发生在
that old man.
那个老人身上
Hell of a thing. Yeah.
人间惨剧 对
You get vilified.
你会受到诋毁
A job like this, people can forget l'm just a human being.
做着我这样的工作 人们会忘了我也只是一个普通人
Right.
对
People can forget that.
人们会忘了这点
So...
所以
l have a huge investigation with the state regulators.
我和那个州的监管机构在做一项重大的调查
They're claiming we're overcharging the distributor
他们那些在少数族裔社区送货的人声称
who delivers to minority neighborhoods.
我们的经销商收费过高
Of course, that's not true.But it's bad press.
当然 那并不是真的 但是它会产生负面报道
And the civil penalties could really sting...
民事处罚会非常的严厉
if they can prove it.
只要他们有证据证明这事
Are you game? Sure.
你能做吗 当然
The arbitrator ruled against you.
仲裁员的作出了不利于你的裁决
So, what does that mean?
那 这是什么意思
The insurance company won't pay for Petra's care,
保险公♥司♥不会支付佩特拉的医疗费
and you can't appeal.
而且你不能上诉
Well, the money from Hostetler will be coming in soon.
那 霍斯泰特勒的钱很快就能拿到
The therapy's going to cost a lot more than that, Paul.
治疗的费用远远超过那些钱 保罗
ls there anywhere l could go,like a bank or something?
还有什么我能去的地方吗 比如银行之类的
l don't know.
我不知道
Well, we can stay here, right?
那 我们可以待在这儿 是吗
l mean, the--the chemo might work, you know?
我是说那个 那个化疗也许会起作用 你觉得呢
They might be able to cure her here.
他们可能能在这里把她治好
Hey, man, come on.
嘿 兄弟 别这样
You did your best.
你已经尽力了
Well, uh...
好吧 呃
Leaving already?
准备走了吗
Yeah, l've got to get back to work.
对 我得回去工作了
Nick.
尼克
About what happened at the hospital--
关于在医院发生的那件事
No, it's OK.l did ask you to help me.
不 没事 是我让你帮我的
Well, for what it's worth,it was a pleasure working with you.
好吧 不论怎么说 都很高兴能跟你共事
You, too.
我也是
Hopefully it won't happen again soon.
希望这样的事不会很快再发生
Nick. Nick.
尼克 尼克
l, uh...
我 额
heard that we officially picked up Hostetler.
听说霍斯泰特勒选了我们公♥司♥
Yeah.
对
Well, the biggest client we've ever had.
好吧 这是我们有史以来最大的一个客户
Right.
对
Congratulations, son.
恭喜你 儿子
Good job.
干得不错
剧集 | 法外情真(2001) | 导航列表