巫师团为夺回法典不择手段
The coven's desperate to get the codex back.
维特箱能保护好法典
The werther box works.
太过头了吧
All too well, I'd say.
你秘密行动
Working in secret,
不受监管启动这个项目
embarking on this project without oversight...
你使得两名记录者
You left two fellow men of letters vulnerable
被你强大的魔法所伤
to your most potent magics.
弗莱彻和马丁纳兹都是声誉很好的成员
Fletcher and Martinez were members in good standing.
弗莱彻试图打开箱子 两小时内就死了
Fletcher chanced upon the box and died in two hours.
马丁纳兹英勇地企图中止魔法
Martinez heroically tried to shut it down.
却死在箱子旁边的地上
We found him dead on the floor beside the box,
手腕被割开
his wrists cut.
我已经为这起意外道过歉了
I already apologized for that accident.
我不会再道一次了
I refuse to do so again.
你们为什么目光这么狭隘
Why are you all so small-minded?
我们被带来这里 是为成就伟业
We were brought here to do great things.
是为冒险
To take risks,
是为把这世界上的怪物赶尽杀绝
to bring the fight to the monsters of this world...
但是 你们全部
And yet, to a man,
选择躲在这些书堆里
you choose instead to moulder in these stacks.
你们不是男人 你们不配做男人
You are not men. You are not men.
你们就是一群图书管♥理♥员♥而已
You're librarians. Nothing more.
我们对
Before we rule
如何处置你做出裁决前
on what is to be done with you,
我要再给你一次争取宽大的机会
I'm prepared to give you a chance to secure our leniency.
告诉我们如何中止魔法
Tell us how to shut it down.
箱子和法典还在圣路易斯
The box is still in St. Louis with the codex.
依然是个威胁
It's still a danger.
我告诉你你该怎么发挥你的宽大吧 马卡姆
Let me tell you what you can do with your leniency, Markham.
告诉你们
You know,
我早就明白你们的意思了
I saw the writing on the wall.
我就知道你们这群胆小鬼会中止项目
I knew you cowards would shut this project down,
所以我才把它打造成那样
which is why I built it the way I did.
想中止维特只有一个办法
There is only one way to silence the Werther for good.
这么说吧 马丁纳兹的思路是正确的
Let's just say Martinez was on the right track.
我看你们根本没这个胆子
I doubt you lot have the guts,
不过尽管拼死一试吧
but you're welcome to die trying.
马卡姆 要我们继续尝试吗
Markham, would you have us keep trying?
就地埋葬并守护箱子
The box is to be interred and guarded where it stands,
永不得打开
in perpetuity.
埋好
Bury it.
圣路易斯分部 密苏里州 圣路易斯 德菲街2111号♥
有点早了吧
It's a bit early.
我都三百多岁了
I'm over 300 years old.
想早起都不行
Beauty sleep isn't optional.
我一直在调查我们之前说的那事
I've been looking into the, uh, thing we discussed.
我有所发现
So I got a lead,
但它受到了厉害的咒语保护
but it's guarded by a violent enchantment
我需要一个咒语
I need a spell to...
来破解咒语
break the spell.
卡比利恩符咒
The Cabirian invocation.
很容易得到 什么咒都能破解
Easy to obtain. Good all-purpose disenchantment.
-很好 多谢 -不过
- Great. Thanks. - Uh, but...
不建议外行人使用
It's not recommended for amateurs.
如果没有经验
In inexperienced hands,
操作符咒可能会失控
the invocation has a way of fizzling out.
我可以去啊
I could come.
你或许用得上我
You might need me.
我宁可碰运气 谢了
I'll take my chances. Thanks.
别想了
Bad idea.
-我能解释的 -省省吧
- I-I can explain. - Yeah, don't bother.
给你三个选择
You got three choices...
被捕
Get arrested,
被阉 滚蛋
get your bits blown off, or get back.
嗯 好吧 我还是走吧
Yeah, all right. I think I'll, uh, think get back.
-抱歉 -这还差不多
- Sorry. - Attaboy.
好啊 萨姆
Hey ya, Sammy.
案子进展如何
How's the case?
你怎么来了
What are you doing here?
看来我是来拯救你的蛋蛋的呢
Well, it looks like I, uh, I'm here to save your sac.
你说得对 好吗
Look, you were right. Okay?
我不该像之前那样单独行动的
I shouldn't have gone off solo like I did.
是我犯蠢
It was stupid.
还有呢
And?
还自私 很混♥蛋♥
And selfish. It was a douche move.
但如果你自己来查案 就为了教训我
If you're doing this case by yourself to teach me a lesson,
没必要的 好吗
you don't have to, okay?
你怎么找到我的
How'd you find me?
我
I, uh...
拓印了你的笔记本
Took an etching off your notepad.
于是决定来看看圣路易斯自杀之屋
Then I decided to take a crack at the, uh, St. Louis suicide house.
你知道这里啊
So you know about it?
谷歌♥上查了个大概
I got the basics from google.
一家搬进长♥期♥闲置的房♥子
The family moves into a long-vacant house.
一周后
Uh, one week later,
三人自杀
three of 'em dead by their own hands.
除了女儿 全家灭门
Whole family wiped out except for the daughter,
而房♥子还在她名下
which the house is still under her name.
我猜刚刚差点阉了你的应该就是她了
I'm figuring she's the one who nearly unmanned you back there.
但我不明白的是
But see, here's what I don't get.
悬案是一回事
I mean, a cold case is one thing, but...
这案子都多老了
this is subzero.
而且也没什么跟我们相关的东西
I mean, there's nothing even in our wheelhouse,
除非你知道什么我不知道的
unless you know something I don't.
是啊
Yeah.
这栋长♥期♥闲置的房♥子
That "long-vacant home"
曾是记录者一个分部的房♥子
used to be a men of letters chapter house.
记得马格纳斯吗
Remember Magnus?
那个差点把我做成标本的
You mean the dickwad ex-men of letters
混♥蛋♥前记录者吗 记得
that tried to make a zoo exhibit out of me? Yeah.
他被开除之前 建了一个维特箱
Before he was expelled, he built werther,
是一个魔法箱子 有致命的警报系统
a magical box with a deadly alarm system.
维特箱就埋在那栋房♥子里
Werther is buried somewhere in that house.
本该是该有人守卫的
It was supposed to have been guarded,
但我猜阿比顿58年
but I'm guessing that plan went out the window
杀了所有人后就没人来守了
when Abaddon massacred the entire membership in '58.
然后房♥子一直闲置
And then the house stayed in limbo
直到被一个幸运的家庭买♥♥下
until some lucky family bought it.
维特箱是个定时炸♥弹♥
Werther's a time bomb
得想办法拆除它
and it needs to be defused.
这不仅与我们有关
Not only is this in our wheelhouse,
更是我们的责任
it's our responsibility.
我们的责任
Our responsibility?
我们是记录者
We're men of letters.
这是我们的遗产
It's our legacy.
既然你说是案子
Well, hey, if you say this is a case...
那就算我一个
I'm in
如果你不介意的话
if you'll have me.
我怎么说的
What did I say?!
我...
I...
你不是
You're not...
有个人想...
Fella tried to...
你想干什么
What do you want?
你看见他了
You saw him?
你看见了吧
Oh, tell me you did.
抱歉 我叫德怀特·特维利
I'm sorry, but my name is... is Dwight Twilley.
我是邻里联防队的
I'm with the neighborhood watch.
我们在调查几起最近的入室事件
We're... we're looking into a few recent break-ins.
如果你看见那人了
And if you saw the guy and you
能跟我描述一下的话
... y-you could give a description,
那就太棒了
剧集 | 邪恶力量 | 导航列表