剧集 | 别对我说谎(2009) | 导航列表
This must feel like slumming to you,
你一定感觉像访问贫民窟
speaking at my lowly graduate seminar.
来我低微的研究生研讨班做演讲
Well, someone's got to set your students straight about my work.
总得有人纠正你学生对我的工作的认识
Just pointing out the flaws.
我只是指出其中不足
And you're doing a fine job.
你指得很好嘛
Have you two always been like this?
你们俩一直这样吗
No, we're far more civil now.
不 我们现在比以前文明多了
I'd like to have seen Lightman at Oxford.
真想看看莱特曼在牛津是什么样子的
Yes. Back when he was a real student of psychology.
是啊 那时候他是真正的心理学学生
Are you sure you want me sabotaging your students?
你确定你想让我荼毒你的学生
No, but I don't have another lecture ready,
不想 可我也没准备其他演讲
so you're on.
所以只有你上
Fine.
好吧
Because people have got to know
因为人♥民♥必须知道
whether or not their president's a crook.
自己的总统是不是一个无赖
Well, I'm not a crook.
我不是无赖
I've earned everything I've got.
我得到的一切都是通过努力获得的
I love this guy.
我喜欢这家伙
You see how he's looking down and he's nodding?
看见他向下看和点头的样子了吗
He's contradicting his own statement.
他的表情与所说自相矛盾
He hesitates before saying he's earned everything he's got.
他在说自己劳有所得前犹豫了
And notice the crossed arms.
还有交叠的双臂
He's defensive.
他在自我防御
Which means he's full of it.
说明他满嘴跑火车
He's not nodding his head. He's looking down at his notes.
他不是在点头 而是在看讲稿
Being defensive doesn't mean you're lying.
自我防御并不意味着撒谎
Well, one of these things by itself may not be conclusive,
这些表征单独来看可能不意味着什么
but when you put them together, they add up to deception.
但是综合起来 就可以看出是欺骗
Yeah, or you're looking for things to prove deception
又或者你们看到这些 只是因为你们
so you find them.
一心要找欺骗的证据
And if Lincoln were showing in
如果林肯表现出同样的行为
the same behaviors, would you say he was lying?
你会是他在撒谎吗
I'd say he was Nixon in a Lincoln mask.
我会说他是戴着林肯面具的尼克松
All right, let's do a practical demonstration
好吧 我们来做一个演示
and then you guys can see for yourself.
你们可以亲眼看看
We need a volunteer.
我们需要一名志愿者
How about you? Mister, um...
你怎么样 这位先生
Martin.
马丁
Martin Walker.
马丁·沃克
Right.
好
So, I've got 10 pictures.
这里有10张照片
Pick one, then lie about what you're seeing or tell the truth,
挑一张 说你看到了什么 真实撒谎皆可
and Dr. Lightman will read you.
莱特曼博士来解读你
What about stakes?
赌注呢
I read your book, Dr. Lightman.
我读过你的书 莱特曼博士
Without stakes, it's hard to spot a lie.
不涉及利害关系的谎言很难发现
There's no fear of being caught.
因为撒谎者不怕被揭穿
All right.
好
100 bucks says I can read you like a book.
赌100美元 我读你跟读书一样容易
All right.
好
A pretty girl.
一个漂亮姑娘
College age, I'd say.
差不多上大学的年纪
Ponytail. Blonde.
梳马尾 金发
Big eyes.
大眼睛
And pale, pink blouse.
浅粉色衬衫
You like the ladies, Martin?
你喜欢女人吗 马丁
Yeah. What's not to like?
喜欢 为什么不喜欢呢
In that case, you're talking out your ass,
既然如此 你说的都是屁话
'cause whatever you're seeing there you don't like it.
因为不论你看到的是什么 你绝对不喜欢
What do you say now, Dr. Lightman?
你现在怎么说 莱特曼博士
Double or quits.
加倍 跟不跟
Guy tied to a chair.
一个绑在椅子上的男人
He's soaking wet.
浑身湿透
Being zapped with electric cables,
被电线绑得结结实实
like you'd use to jump start a car.
启动汽车打火那种电线
Total rubbish.
胡说八道
Ok. I think that's it for today's class.
好 今天的课程到此为止
Our thanks to Dr. Lightman.
感谢莱特曼博士
Always entertaining and fascinating.
非常有趣 引人入胜
We'll have to do this again.
改天我们再来
A bad day for Lightman way.
莱特曼定律今天不走运
Hey. Where are you going?
打算去哪儿
Did you put him up to this?
你安排他这么做的
How could I do that?
我怎么会那样
I mean, your technique is foolproof, right?
我是说 你的技术绝对可靠 不是吗
Yeah.
没错
Here's the problem.
这就是问题所在
Martin Walker's a psychopath,
马丁·沃克是个心理变♥态♥者
probably a killer.
很可能是个杀人狂
Just thought you should know.
我觉得你们应该知道
Right. In a healthy kid, you would expect to get
健康的孩子应该有的反应是
arousal and revulsion.
兴奋 嫌恶
What we got in Martin was revulsion and arousal.
马丁表现出的却是 嫌恶 兴奋
Revulsion can appear to be arousal.
嫌恶可能被误读为兴奋
Markers are similar.
二者表征非常相似
It says so right in your book, Cal.
你的书上也是这样写的 卡尔
Those pictures aren't proof of anything, Dr. Lightman.
这些照片不能证明任何事情 莱特曼博士
No, look. We saw the same indicators in Ted Bundy.
听着 泰德·邦迪也有同样的特征
Oh, Bundy?
邦迪
Yeah, he was a good-looking fella,
对 长得挺俊的家伙
killed about 60 women, give or take.
杀害近60名妇女 可能有误差
Dr. Lightman is prone to the dramatic.
莱特曼博士喜欢小题大做
Aren't we all?
谁不喜欢呢
Oh, please! Martin exposed your science to be flawed.
拜托 马丁暴露了你理论的缺陷
So what, therefore he has to be punished?
那又怎样 所以他就该受惩罚吗
Dr. Foster, do you concur with your colleague?
福斯特博士 你赞同你同事的观点吗
I didn't see what he saw,
他所见我没有观察到
but reading facial cues isn't my specialty.
但解读面部线索不是我的专长
Well, it is mine,
是我的专长
and I suggest you bring him in for psych evaluation.
我建议你送他去做心理评估测验
Without something more substantial,
没有更加实质性的证据
I can't justify that kind of action.
我不能授权这种行动
All right. If the university isn't looking into at least
好 如果贵校现在没在调查
one missing persons case, I'll eat my shoes.
至少一起失踪案 我就把我的鞋吃了
Oh, yeah. I think I'm on to something here.
好了 看来被我猜中了
A sophomore girl went missing a month ago.
有个大二的女生一月前失踪了
The police have no evidence of foul play.
警方没有任何证据表明是谋杀
It's an open case, and they don't have any leads.
已经是公案了 依然没有线索
Except the one I'm giving you.
除了我刚给你的那条线索
I'll ask the police to talk to him,
我会叫警方和他谈谈的
but quietly.
当然 是私下谈
In other words, you'll do sod all.
换句话说 你打算屁事都不做
Just say it.
直说了吧
I haven't got a clue what you're on about.
我不知道你在说什么
Ok, fine. I'll say it for you.
那好 我来帮你说了吧
You're mad I didn't back you up.
你很抓狂我刚没有力挺你
But Cal, I didn't see what you saw.
但是卡尔 你看到了什么我真不知道
Beating you a couple of times
赢了你几次
doesn't make him a psychopath.
也不能说明他是个心理变♥态♥者
Once. He only beat me once.
他只赢了我一次
Second time, I let him win
第二次是我让他赢的
because I wanted to see how much he got off
因为我想看看能让我丢脸
on the humiliating me.
能让他兴奋到什么程度
All right, there's a lot of people out there might enjoy doing that,
我承认 希望看到我丢脸的人很多
but they all know me. He doesn't.
但那些人都认识我 而他不认识我
So yeah, I'm going to need his medical files
所以毫无疑问 我需要他的病例记录
and any psychological profile that might exist.
以及任何可能存在的心理学病史
You know that those are confidential.
你该知道那属于机密对吧
Yeah. Yeah.
当然 那就好
No time for ethics on this one.
没时间讨论道德与否
剧集 | 别对我说谎(2009) | 导航列表