听着
Listen.
提问
Question!
为什么我们在明知道
Why do we talk out loud
自己独自一人的时候
when we know...
还要大声说话
we're alone?
猜测
Conjecture...
因为我们潜意识里知道我们并非独自一人
Because we know we're not.
进化
进化使生存技能变得完美
Evolution perfects survival skills.
有完美的捕食者
There are perfect hunters.
捕食
有完美的防御
There is perfect defence.
捕食 防御 隐藏
问题是
Question -
为什么没有完美的隐藏
why is there no such thing as perfect hiding?
隐藏
回答 你怎么知道没有
Answer! How would you know?
从逻辑上说 如果进化
Logically, if evolution were to perfect a creature
使一种基本技能为隐藏的生物变得完美
whose primary skill were to hide from view -
你如何能得知它的存在
how could you know it existed?
它可能时刻都在我们身边而我们从不知道
It could be with us every second and we would never know.
你如何发现它
How would you detect it,
哪怕只是感觉到它
even sense it...
除了在某些时刻
Except in those moments
当你不知为何
when, for no clear reason...
大声说话时
you choose to speak aloud?
这种生物到底想要什么
What would such a creature want?
它会怎么做
What would it do?
说啊
Well?
你会怎么做
What would you do?
倾听
不好意思
Sorry.
终于喝上这一杯了
So the famous drink at last.
对 花的时间有点长
Yeah. Took a bit of time -
家里有事 但我们终于来了
family stuff but here we are.
其实是晚餐
Dinner, in fact.
对 直接进入晚餐了
Yeah, straight to dinner.
我喜欢有行动力的男人
I like a man who moves fast.
对 我可能直接进入额外的
Yeah! I might go straight for extras.
餐后的 甜点
Afters. Dessert.
我知道 我知道 甜点嘛
Yes, I know, I know, dessert.
-直接吃甜点 -我明白
- Straight to dessert. - Gotcha.
你今天过得怎么样
So, erm... how was your day?
很好 就是教书嘛
Good. You know... teaching.
-对 教书 -教书 教书
- Yep, teaching. - Teaching, teaching.
就是教书嘛
Totally teaching.
-我们最好还是不要讨论工作了 -对
- We probably shouldn't talk about work. - God, yeah!
不过 你怎么看科特妮
Though, do you take Courtney for anything?
你说真的吗
Ser... are you serious?
她说她无法集中注意力工作
She said she couldn't concentrate on her work,
因为我的脸太大了
because my face was too wide.
-脸大 -我要杀了她
- Wide? - I could kill that girl some days.
-我也是 -这话到你嘴里就像是真的了
- Me too. - And from you, that means something.
你说什么
Sorry?
我打了二十三口井
I dug 23 wells.
你说什么
I'm sorry?
二十三口井 我当兵的时候 二十三
23 wells - when I was a soldier. 23!
-挺好 井挺好的 -它们确实很好
- OK. Good. Good wells. - Yeah, they were good, actually.
我不是在质疑你打井的质量
I'm not doubting the quality of your wells.
救活了整个村庄 整个镇的人
Whole villages, saved. Actual towns full of people.
我没有杀死他们 我保护了他们
People I didn't shoot. People I kept safe!
好的 我听懂了 真的
OK. Point taken. Seriously.
为什么这事从来没被提起过
So why doesn't that ever get mentioned?
我很抱歉没有提到你的二十三口井
I'm sorry I didn't mention your 23 wells!
-打扰一下 -不好意思
- Excuse me. - Sorry.
需要加水吗
Water for the table?
你不用担心 他能自己打井
Don't you worry - he'll probably dig for it!
抱歉
Sorry.
没关系
It's OK.
-敏感话题 -对 看得出来
- Sensitive subject. - Yes. Can slightly see that.
有时像你这样的人会误解
Sometimes people like you get the wrong end of the stick.
像我这样的人
People like me?
我没有对你妄加揣测
I wasn't making assumptions about you.
你就是在妄加揣测
That really is exactly what you were doing.
是你在对我妄加揣测
You were making assumptions about me!
-我那是在开玩笑 -并不好笑
- I made a joke. - A not-funny joke.
你猜我现在要怎么做
Yeah, well, do you know what I'm making now?
-要小题大作 -要离开
- A fuss? - An exit!
-你得挤进来 -博士
- You just have to squeeze through. - Doctor?
你为什么要有三面镜子
Why do you have three mirrors?
就不能转个头吗
Why don't you just turn your head?
-你在这干什么 -你说你要去约会
- What are you doing in here? - You said you had a date.
我想还是躲在卧室里比较好
I thought I'd better hide in the bedroom
以防你带他回家
in case you brought him home.
你回来得有点早吧
Bit early, aren't you?
约会搞砸了吗
Did it all go wrong,
还是按你的标准这已经算顺利了
or is this good by your standards?
糟糕透顶
It was a disaster
我非常沮丧 虽然你压根没问
and I am extremely upset about it, since you didn't ask.
没关系 我需要你帮忙
Fine, I need you, for a thing!
不行
I can't!
有什么不行的 反正你也闲着
Oh, of course you can come on you're free.
而且你现在比平常更闲
More than usually free, in fact.
有人可能会给我打电♥话♥
It's possible that I might get a phone call.
跟你约会的那个男的吗
From the date guy?
太晚了 你都卸妆了
It's too late. You've taken your make-up off.
没有啊 我还没卸妆呢
No, I haven't. I'm still wearing my make-up.
好吧 也许只是你的化妆技术有问题
Oh, well, you probably just missed a bit.
来吧 来吧 赶紧的
Come on, come on, come on, come on!
我还没答应呢
I haven't actually said yes.
知道吗 有时候你会自言自语
Yes, you know sometimes when you talk to yourself,
-如果其实不然呢 -什么不然
- what if you're not? - Not what?
也许你其实不是在跟自己说话
What if it's not you you're talking to?
一个想法 也许没人是真正独自一人
Proposition... what if no-one is ever really alone,
也许每个生物都有一个伴侣
what if every single living being has a companion
一个寂静的旅伴
a silent passenger,
一袭剪影
a shadow?
也许你脖子后面偶尔感觉到的刺痛
What if the prickle on the back of your neck,
是贴在你身后的生物的呼吸呢
is the breath of something close behind you?
你独自一人旅行多久了
How long have you been travelling alone?
也许我从未独自旅行过
Perhaps I never have.
看起来像是你的笔迹
It looks like your handwriting.
我不可能自己写下又忘了吧
Well, I couldn't have written it and forgotten, could I?
你还不了解你自己么
Have you met you?
-这些是什么 -梦境
- What's all this? - Dreams.
历史长河里 不同的人对梦境的描述
Accounts of dreams, by different people, all through history.
我有个理论
You see, I have a theory.
一点不出奇 什么理论
I'll bet you have. What theory?
我认为所有人在一生中某个时刻
I think everybody, at some point in their lives,
会有同样的梦魇
has the exact same nightmare.
你醒过来 或是你以为自己醒过来了
You wake up, or you think you do,
有某个人隐藏在黑暗中 近在身旁
and there's someone in the dark, someone close,
亦或那只是你的幻想
or you think there might be.
于是你坐起来 打开灯
So you sit up, turn on the light.
发现夜晚中的房♥间有所不同
And the room looks different at night.
嘀嗒声 叽嘎声和呼吸声 声声交错
It ticks and creaks and breathes.
你安慰自己 这里没有别人
And you tell yourself there's nobody there,
没人在凝视 没人在倾听
nobody watching, nobody listening,
绝无他人
nobody there at all...
你差点就说服自己了
and you very nearly believe it.
你努力说服自己...
You really, really try...
而后...
and then...
人类历史中一直都有对同样梦境的描述
剧集 | 神秘博士 | 导航列表