没必要
You don't have to.
因为我们不相信你 莱尔
Because we don't believe you, Lyle.
是我做的 我告诉你们了
I did it. I told you.
那两名女性是在十年前被杀
The females were killed 10 years ago,
但是我们从你后院中挖出的那个男性尸体
but the man we dug up out of your backyard
是在35年前被杀死的
was killed 35 years ago.
你那时候可能才五岁
You would have been 5.
那又怎样
So what?
你可能目睹了凶杀的过程 莱尔
You may have seen the kill, Lyle,
或者是听到声音
or even heard it,
但不是你干的
but you didn't do it.
他们都不是你杀的
You didn't do any of this.
我儿子在哪
Where's my son?
他没来
He's not coming.
他不可能承认谋杀案是他犯下的
He couldn't have confessed to any damn murder.
我要见他
I want to see him.
你还记得中♥央♥公园慢跑者谋杀案吗
Do you remember the central park jogger case?
记得 全国人♥民♥都忘不了
Yeah. The whole country remembers that.
你还记得执法部门是如何让那些孩子
You remember how law enforcement got those kids
承认自己从未犯下的罪行吗
to confess to something they didn't do?
什么意思
What about it?
执法人员如今会接受训练
Well, we train law enforcement now
以识别及预防虚假口供
to identify and prevent false confessions.
我们在你的小屋旁发现了一具尸体
We found a body near your shed,
是名在35年前被杀的男性
belonging to a man who was killed 35 years ago.
那时你儿子莱尔才刚会走
Now, your son Lyle was just a toddler then,
而你老婆手无缚鸡之力
and your wife doesn't pick up anything heavier than a gardening hoe,
从案件的私人化性质来看
and the personal nature of these crimes tells us
行凶者只有一人
there was just one offender.
就是你
You.
你一个人干的
And only you.
你接下来想怎么办 查尔斯
So, how do you want to play this, Charles?
想告诉我发生了什么吗
You want to tell me what happened?
什么也没发生
Nothing happened.
不然你告诉我发生了什么
Unless you figure out something happened.
查尔斯不在这睡
Charles doesn't sleep here.
我知道 他睡在后面
I know, because he sleeps back here.
他很怀旧
The guy's nostalgic.
很明显高中生活对他很重要
Clearly high school was important to him.
奇怪的是他11年级之前
What's odd is that he has trophies
每年都得过奖
all the way up to 11th grade,
最后一年却什么也没有
and then nothing in his senior year.
看看这个
Look at this.
他也在用睾酮 和他儿子一样
He's taking testosterone, just like his son.
也许是年纪大了精力有所下降
It could be for age related loss of vitality,
希望借此一展雄风
wanting a boost in his libido.
但他和缇娜没睡在一起
He and Tina aren't sleeping together, though.
莱尔的药是1991年开的
You know. Lyle's bottle was from 1991
但只吃了几片
and there are only a few pills taken.
莱尔也许一直在吃他父亲的药
Lyle could have been taking them from his father.
约翰逊先生更像是有慢性病的那个
Mr. Johnson's more likely the one with the chronic issue.
为什么你丈夫要服用睾酮 约翰逊太太
Why was your husband taking testosterone, Mrs. Johnson?
是为了性♥欲♥吗
Was it for sexual reasons?
你和查尔斯分房♥睡
You and Charles sleep in separate rooms.
你不了解我们
You don't know what we do.
他打呼噜 你为什么要问我
He snores. And why are you asking me?
那你们还有性行为
So you are sexually active?
这和你无关
That's none of your business.
你知道他是否有外遇吗
Do you know if he was seeing someone else?
你真是不知羞耻
You ought to be ashamed.
女士 有人被杀了
Ma'am, women were murdered
性器官被切割 并被埋在你家后院
and sexually mutilated, and then buried in your backyard.
我们什么都没做
We didn't do nothin'.
我们什么都没做
We didn't do nothing.
我们什么都没做
We didn't do nothin'.
注意到她说话的方式了吗
You notice the phrasing?
他们是南方人
Well, they're from the south.
不 这反应像是
No, it sounds like she reacting
别人对她做过什么
to something that someone else did.
也许是为了报复
This could be about retaliation.
那也能解释查尔斯对过去的痴迷
That would explain Charles' obsession with the past.
你在弗吉尼亚长大期间幸福吗
Did you like growing up in Virginia?
哪都一样
I didn't know any different.
你父母是干什么的
What did your parents do?
我妈是佣人
My mother was the help
我爸是管家
and my father was the butler.
那段日子很不错对吧
But there were good times, right?
你喜欢棒球
You liked baseball.
我们在你家发现了黑人联盟的纪念品
We found Negro League memorabilia in your house.
你是约什·吉布森的球迷
You're a Josh Gibson fan.
没错 "一天一个全垒打
Yeah. "A home run a day,
工资天天往上爬"
boost in my pay."
我喜欢萨奇·佩吉
Yeah, I like Satchel Paige myself.
"别回头看 有人正憋着超过你呢"
Um, "Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you."
他还说过
He also said,
"棒球的唯一作用
"The only change is that baseball
就是将佩吉从二等公民变为
"has turned Paige from a second-class citizen
二等传奇"
to a second-class immortal."
联盟最终合并时 你是什么感受
What did you think when the leagues finally integrated?
我当然很高兴
I was happy, of course.
那当你发现
Well, then, how did you feel
你儿子在和白人女孩约会时呢
when you found out that your son was dating a white girl?
我告诉过莱尔把这些处理掉
I told Lyle to get rid of these.
看来你知道这事
So you did know about them.
所以杀了她吗
Is that why you killed her?
你不希望儿子跟白人女孩约会
You didn't want to see your son dating a white girl?
你不了解我
You don't know me.
你杀了莱尔的女朋友
You killed Lyle's girlfriend
并将她埋在了后院
and buried her in your backyard.
我没有
I did not.
我们得在这待一阵子了 查尔斯
I think we're gonna be here a while, Charles.
我有点饿了
I'm getting hungry.
你呢
You?
失踪人口报告查得怎么样了
How are those missing persons reports going?
知道另外那名女性的身份了吗
Any I.D. on the other woman?
还没查到
No, nothing yet.
尽可能找出玛丽·安·贝克的所有资料
All right, find out everything you can about Mary Ann Beck.
看看是否能将她和另外两名死者联♥系♥起来
We need to see if we can connect her to those two victims.
好的 长官
Yes, sir.
那么
So...
你为什么要割毁玛丽·安的阴♥部♥
why did you mutilate Mary Ann's genitalia?
我什么也没做过
I didn't mutilate anything.
还有另外那个女孩
And you cut the other girl, too.
和那个男的
And the guy.
虐待不同性别的人的性器官
Sexual punishment across gender lines
意义截然不同
is pretty different.
我认为在某时某刻
I think that somewhere down the line,
一男一女分别让你对自己的性取向产生了怀疑
a man and a woman each made you question your sexuality.
你对这两种性别都嗤之以鼻
You despise both sexes.
如果真是那样
If that were the case,
那我根本不会和妻儿一起生活
I wouldn't be living with my son and my wife.
那不过是你装给外人看的罢了
Well, that's just part of your facade.
埋在你后院的人
Those people in your backyard
是在你愤怒的牺牲品
are victims of your rage.
愤怒 你对黑人男性的愤怒了解多少
Rage? What do you know about a black man's rage?
你一无所知
You know nothing.
拜托 莱尔
Come on, Lyle.
你得帮我的忙
You gotta help me out here.
请别把我爸爸扯进来 好吗
Please, just leave my dad out of this, ok?
他对那些女人 那些人所犯下的罪过
Nothing can justify what he did to those women,
剧集 | 犯罪心理 | 导航列表