剧集 | 金装律师 | 导航列表
You went to Sean and you helped him cut a deal
让哈维被吊销律师执照的交易
to get Harvey disbarred.
唐娜 是他决定要做交易的
He decided to take a deal, Donna,
然后安德鲁·马利克才向他推荐了我
and when he did, Andrew Malik recommended me
因为肖恩有权利拥有一个
because Sean had a right to an attorney
能够最大限度地维护他利益的律师
who was looking out for his best interests.
就是这个 这就是你的意图
That right there. That's what you do.
你打着道德的幌子
You hide behind morality
事实却是你容不下哈维
when the truth is you just can't stand Harvey.
我不讨厌哈维
I don't hate Harvey.
事实上 我相信 在他心底
In fact, I believe, in his heart,
他认为自己是个好人
he thinks he's a good man.
因此他不会改变
That's why he won't change
也因此 他成了这家律所的毒瘤
and why he's a cancer to this firm.
你说他是毒瘤
You call him a cancer?
他和你不一样 法耶 大家都喜欢他
Well, unlike you, Faye, people love him.
这就让问题更糟糕了
Which makes the problem worse
因为你们都盲目地追随着他
because you all follow him anywhere.
如果你以为 你能一直让他
And if you think, you'll always be able
做正确的事情
to make him do what's right,
那你就是自欺欺人
you're kidding yourself.
你知不知道 法耶
Well, you know what, Faye?
他有这个机会 却没有到律师协会告发你
It was his moral code that kept him from turning you over
正是因为他的道德准则
to the Bar when he had the chance.
所以下次你再想大放厥词 来谈他的人品
So next time you wanna talk shit about who he is,
你先想想这事
you think about that.
十年 六位女性
Six women over ten years.
问题是没有一个人愿意站出来
The problem is none of them are willing to talk.
我能理解
I can see why.
违反保密协议的唯一下场就是破产
Violating those NDAs is a one-way ticket to bankruptcy.
只限于民事法庭
Only in civil court.
如果是刑事案件 保密协议就不适用了
The NDAs don't apply if it's criminal.
那她们就得出庭作证
Then they'd have to take the stand,
如果埃斯特都不出庭 她们怎么会愿意
and if Esther won't do it, why would they?
她们不会愿意 该死的
They won't. Damn it.
我们只要有一个证人就够了
All we need is one.
等一下
Wait a second.
如果我们找的方向错了呢
What if we're looking at this the wrong way?
什么意思
What do you mean?
我们没法要求那些女性
We can't ask any of these women
冒着失去毕生积蓄的风险站出来
to risk their life savings to come forward,
但那些负责安排保密协议的人
but the people who arranged those NDAs
就是另一回事了
are a different story.
因为他们参与了掩盖事件
They already risked their life savings
本就已经赌上了毕生积蓄
because they took part in a cover-up.
卡特里娜 他们是保罗的律师
Katrina, they're Paul's lawyers.
他们有律师及客户保密协议
They have attorney-client privilege.
关键就在这里 萨曼莎
That's the thing, Samantha.
他们的客户不是保罗·里士满
Their client isn't Paul Richmond.
而是公♥司♥
It's the company.
如果他们采取的行动给公♥司♥带来损害
And if they took action which gives their company exposure...
他们也有责任
They have liability too.
这个很难办
It's a stretch.
无论是谁都不会轻易屈从
Whoever it is won't just cave.
除非不止一个人 在这种情况下
Unless there's more than one, in which case...
我们让他们内斗
We pit one against the other.
班尼特女士 你说你想跟我讨论一个生意机会
Ms. Bennett, you said you wanted to talk about a business opportunity?
没错 我来给你一个机会
That's right. I'm offering you a chance
趁还来得及 跟保罗·里士满划清界限
to cut ties with Paul Richmond before it's too late.
我为什么要跟保罗划清界限
Why would I cut ties with Paul?
你心里清楚
You know why.
因为你参与了一件事 用钱收买♥♥他侵犯过的女性
Because you were party to buying the silence
让她们保持沉默
of the women he assaulted.
我从没听说过保罗·里士满侵犯了谁
If Paul Richmond assaulted anyone, I never heard about it.
你没听说过玛雅·佩雷兹或者珍妮特·通德曼
You never heard of Maya Perez or Janet Tundermann
或者其他哪位女性吗
or any of these other women?
惠勒女士 我经手的雇员成百上千
I deal with hundreds of employees, Ms. Wheeler.
我不会每个人都记得
I don't remember every one.
那我来帮你回忆一下
Then let me jog your memory.
你发给她们的奖金支票
You cut them bonus checks
是她们原本收入的十倍
worth ten times what they were earning.
此外 每一笔交易
Not only that, every single one of those deals
都有附带条件 我们都知道那是什么
came with strings attached, and we know what they are:
保密协议
Ndas.
因为只有真♥相♥被埋藏好了
Because those payouts weren't released
补偿金才会发放
until the truth was buried,
而你就是其中一个拿铲子的人
and you're one of the people holding the shovel.
我们的谈话到此结束
This conversation is over.
也许吧
Maybe it is.
但你可以查看一下你的合同
But you might want to check your contract.
上面说你是为公♥司♥工作 而不是保罗
It says you work for the company, not Paul.
也就是说 你所做的任何事
Which means any arrangements you made
如果损害了梅菲尔德公♥司♥的利益
against Mayfield's interests are not protected
将不受律师及客户保密协议保护
by attorney-client privilege.
所以问题就是 谁先开口
So the question is, who's going to talk first?
你准备把卡荷尔的事告诉我吗
Were you gonna tell me about Cahill
还是我得通过《华尔街日报》来了解
or was I supposed to read about it in the "Journal"?
对不起 唐娜
I'm sorry, Donna,
我没那个心情
I didn't have it in me to tell you.
我明白
I get it.
你对肖恩很忠诚
You were loyal to Sean,
而这件事就像一记重击
and it was a gut punch.
现在马利克终于得偿所愿了
And now Malik's finally gonna get what he wants.
卡荷尔和法耶准备接受那份认罪协议
Cahill and Faye are taking that plea deal,
而我就要被吊销执照了
and I'm gonna lose my license.
而我认识的哈维在他们把他拖出去之前
And the Harvey I know wouldn't give up
都不会放弃
until they yanked him out of here.
这种场景明天就会出现了
And that's gonna happen tomorrow
因为只要卡荷尔一签那玩意
because as soon as Cahill signs that thing,
马利克就能扳倒我了
Malik's got me.
不 他不能
No, he doesn't.
而且如果我猜得对 他也不会这样做
And if I'm right, he's not going to.
你说什么
What are you saying?
在把哈维保释出来之后
After I bailed Harvey out,
我去撤销逮捕令
I pulled the arrest warrant.
结果上面写的时间是晚上九点
Turns out, the time on it was 9:00 p.m.,
比卡荷尔的上司去见马利克的上司早两个小时
two hours before Cahill's boss went to Malik's.
而且正好是在我见傅滋曼的一个小时之后
And exactly one hour after I saw Forstman.
操 他抓我不是因为
Shit, he didn't arrest me
卡荷尔去找了他的上司
because Cahill went over his head.
他这么做是因为他知道
He did it because he knew
我就要有什么重大发现了
I was getting close to something.
那就说到这个了 萨特的验尸报告
Which leads me to this. Sutter's autopsy.
他并不知道自己快死了
He didn't know he was dying.
他死于心脏病突发
He died of a heart attack on the spot.
那就是说傅滋曼没说实话
Which means Forstman wasn't telling the truth.
但他确实说了实话啊
But he was telling the truth.
这事只能是他从萨特那知道的
He had to have gotten the story from Sutter.
否则的话 他是怎么知道的
Otherwise, how did he know?
问题就在这
See, that's the thing.
关于萨特告诉他的事 他说的是实话
He wasn't lying about what Sutter told him.
他撒谎的是时间点
He was lying about when.
马利克的这个案子完全建立在傅滋曼的证词上
Malik's whole case hinges on Forstman's testimony.
为了让证词可以被采信
And in order for it to be admissible,
它必须是临终前的忏悔
it had to be a deathbed confession.
而你必须得在临终时 才能做临终忏悔
And you can't give a deathbed confession without a deathbed.
那就是说萨特一定是告诉了傅滋曼
Which means Sutter must've told Forstman,
但傅滋曼最终把它弄成针对卡荷尔的东西时
but Forstman didn't put it together about Cahill
已经太晚了
until it was too late.
那这就意味着你没事了
So this means you're off the hook.
我们有证据
剧集 | 金装律师 | 导航列表