剧集 | 金装律师 | 导航列表
pulled their resumes back.
我偶然听到了他们的对话
I overheard some of them talking.
他们说如果你不愿和已经被吊销执照的人
They said if you're not willing to distance yourself
保持适当距离
from someone who's been disbarred,
那你就是不在乎自己律所的名声
then you don't care about the reputation of your firm.
他们这么说吗
They said that?
路易 也许你该考虑下
Louis, maybe it's time for you to consider--
不 我不能
No, I can't do it.
为什么 除名杰西卡的时候没看你这么纠结
Why not? You took Jessica's name down.
那件事完全不同 她知道迈克的事
Yeah, that was different. She knew about Mike.
她有罪 但罗伯...
She was guilty. But Rob...
罗伯特 怎么了
Robert, what?
接下来我说的话必须要保密
What I'm about to tell you stays between these walls.
有错的不是罗伯特 是哈维
It wasn't Robert. It was Harvey.
更准确地说 是唐娜
More specifically, it was Donna.
什么 天哪
What? Oh, my God.
是啊
Exactly.
罗伯特为我们背了一个大锅 希拉
The man took a huge bullet for us, Sheila.
我现在不能就这么把他除名
I'm not just gonna rip his name down now.
好吧 路易 不管是不是哈维或唐娜的错
Okay, Louis, Harvey and Donna or not,
全世界都觉得错在罗伯特
the world thinks it was Robert.
你别无选择
You don't have a choice.
希拉 如果我们的孩子长大了
Sheila, when our child grows up
问我应该怎么做决定 我不会告诉他
and asks me how to make decisions, I'm not going to say,
"牺牲你的人品
"Take the way out that protects your reputation
去保全你的名声"
at the cost of your character."
这些我都懂
And I understand all of that,
但你问我事情有多糟
but you asked me how bad it was,
而事实是 如果我不了解你
and the truth is, if I didn't know you
我只是听说了事情的经过
and I had heard what had happened,
我也会像我的学生那样想
I'd be feeling the same way my students do.
我猜 你今晚过不来了了
Let me guess: you can't come over tonight.
你怎么知道
How'd you know?
因为我知道你还没有搞定罗伯特的那些客户 而且
Because I know Robert's clients haven't been locked down yet, and...
是我让你武装起来的
I'm the one who told you to put on your armor.
我有没有告诉过我有多喜欢你这样
Have I ever told you how much I love it when you do that?
没有 反正我也知道
No, but I knew it anyway.
还记得我之前的表现吗
See what I did there?
怎么了
Hey, what's going on?
萨曼莎问我昨晚发生什么事了
Samantha asked what happened to me last night.
我不知道该说什么
I didn't know what to say.
那你说了什么
So what did you say?
她以为我是想一个人呆着
She assumed I wanted to be alone,
我也就默认了
so I let her think that.
那不是真的
That's not true.
我不只是默认了
I didn't just let her think that.
我还骗了她
I lied to her.
我告诉她 她的感觉是对的
I told her she was right.
好吧 这就尴尬了
Well, that's not ideal,
但我知道这种不好开口的谈话是什么感觉
but I know what it's like to be having a tough conversation
你不想说一些会让对方更受伤的话
and not wanna say something that's gonna hurt the other person even more.
怎么了吗
Did something happen?
今晚我和托马斯分手了
Thomas and I ended it tonight.
天哪
Oh, my God.
唐娜 我不知道你们居然还在一起
Donna, I didn't know that you two were still together.
-不然我绝不会 -听我说
- I would never have-- - Listen to me.
我们之间早就不可能了 他也清楚
It was already over, and he knew it.
-你确定吗 -我确定
- Are you sure? - I'm sure.
哈维 你没做错什么 我发誓
Harvey, you didn't do anything wrong. I swear.
谢谢
Thanks.
你准备好开始挖考德的客户了吗
All right, you ready to do a deep dive into Kaldor's clients?
既然我们都在撬考德的客户了
Well, as long as we're going after Kaldor's,
要不要把艾伦·兰德的客户也一起抢了
what do you say we also go after Ellen Rand's?
不然你以为这堆文件是做什么的
What do you think this pile is?
路易
Louis.
-好久没联♥系♥了 -是挺久
- It's been too long. - It has.
但抱歉 亨利 我不是来跟你联络感情的
But I'm sorry to say, Henry, this is not a social call.
我猜你打来是为了罗伯特被吊销律师执照的事
I'm guessing this has something to do with Robert's disbarment.
我刚才发现 截至今天
I just discovered, as of today,
全美前十的法学院里 没有任何一个学生来投简历
we do not have one single applicant from any of the top ten schools,
所以我希望你能帮忙改善一下情况
and I was hoping that you could help us change that
引导一些学生到我们这里来
by steering some students our way.
毕竟 你懂的
Because, as you know,
如果哈佛的来了 剩下的自然也就来了
if Harvard comes, the rest follow.
路易 我不管招人的事
Louis, I'm not a recruiter.
但如果你提点建议 亨利
But when you suggest something, Henry,
学生是会听的
the students listen.
但他们不会来问我要这方面的建议
Except they don't come to me for things like that.
没事 我可以去找他们
That's fine, I can come to them.
你马上要主办一个法律职业道德峰会
You have an ethics conference coming up.
让我去做演讲嘉宾
Let me be the keynote speaker.
路易 演讲嘉宾人选得经过学校批准
Louis, the university has approval of all speakers.
这个节骨眼上他们不会让你做嘉宾的
There's no way they're gonna let you be keynote right now.
教授 拜托了 我...
Professor, please, I...
我现在找不到别人了 我需要你的帮助
I have nowhere else to turn. I need your help.
好吧 路易
All right, Louis.
我试试看
I'll try.
但你既然要我为你担♥保♥
But if I'm gonna vouch for you,
你就得告诉我律所到底怎么了
I want you to tell me what happened.
如果说是罗伯特为了报复你才做这些事
Because Robert undercutting you just to get even?
我可不信
I don't buy it.
如果你能想到罗伯特不会这样做
Well, if you could figure out that Robert wouldn't do this,
那么你也能推出真♥相♥
you could figure out the truth for yourself.
是为了哈维
Harvey.
路易...
Louis...
你眼皮底下怎么会发生这种事
how could this happen on your watch?
你知道吗 亨利
You know what, Henry?
你眼皮底下也发生过这种事
Shit's happened on your watch too.
而且罪魁祸首是你
Shit that you did,
是我们给你擦的屁♥股♥
and we helped you get out of it.
路易 我不是在指责你
Louis, I'm not criticizing you.
我是关心你
I'm concerned about you.
那你不如多关心一下我刚刚拜托你的事
Well, then why don't you concern yourself with what I just asked of you?
最好这周之前能搞定
And concern yourself with it before the end of the week.
和我们签约 你不仅收获了城里最好的律师团队
You won't just be signing the best legal team in the city.
更是收获了我们的高端客户人脉网
You'll also be gaining access to our network of high-powered clients.
比如这家公♥司♥
Clients like this one,
他们愿意为你在新加坡开的分公♥司♥提供资金
who would love to finance your Singapore expansion.
惠勒女士 我既然能坐到今天这个位子
Ms. Wheeler, I didn't get to where I am today
就不会傻到拒绝免费的午餐
by turning down a free lunch,
但我开始觉得你在浪费我的时间
but I'm starting to think that you're wasting my time.
怎么说
How so?
你没有告知我罗伯特·赞恩的问题
By not acknowledging your firm's Robert Zane problem.
什么罗伯特·赞恩的问题
What Robert Zane problem?
我喜欢罗伯特 但我没法跟董事们交代
Look, I like Robert, but I can't sell this move.
赞恩已经臭名昭著
To my board, Zane is a four-letter word.
罗伯特被吊销执照并不能反映我们律所的文化
Robert's disbarment doesn't reflect the culture at our firm.
那你们为什么不把他除名
Then why aren't you taking his name down?
因为如果你了解律所的过往 就能理解了
Because, you gotta understand the history.
我只需要了解
The only thing I have to understand
你们保留赞恩的名字
is that keeping Zane's name up sends the signal
意味着支持他的所作所为
that you stand by what he did.
我们确实支持他
We do stand by him.
他是个好律师 更是个好人
He was a great lawyer and an even better man,
律师协会的决定不会改变这个事实
and the Bar's decision doesn't change that.
那我就直言了 他的名誉只是部分原因
Then I'll be blunt. His name is only half of it.
另一部分是因为他的手下
It's also a matter of his people.
什么叫"他的手下"
What do you mean, "his people"?
你们有个合伙人是罗伯特·赞恩的学生之一
One of your partners came from the Robert Zane coaching tree.
你们也知道那些上梁不正下梁歪之类的屁话
And you know what they say about trees and apples and all that shit.
-你想说什么 -我想说
剧集 | 金装律师 | 导航列表