剧集 | 法律与秩序(1990) | 导航列表
终身做善事
a lifetime of doing good work.
请考虑他的请求 给他最短的刑期
Consider a plea, a minimal sentence.
这样他以后能进入教堂服务
Then he can enter the church.
您是律师吗 神父
Are you a lawyer, Father?
实际上在我进神学院之前
Actually I took my JD at Fordham,
我有福特汉姆大学的法学博士学位
before I went to seminary.
那你应该知道
Then you know that society does not let us
社会不会让我们选择自己的被惩罚的方式
choose our own punishment.
现在不是十八世纪
This isn't the eighth century where you can
把自己献给上帝的时候
give yourself over to God.
他是个年轻人 他认为自己的生活完了
He's a young man, he thinks his life is over,
他想要放弃
he wants to give up.
我们想要拯救他
We want to save him.
他可以拥有新的生命 请至少和他谈谈吧
He can make a new life. At least talk to him.
看看他的内心
Look into his heart.
我不知道警♥察♥就要来逮捕我
I didn't know the police were coming.
我自首是因为
I confessed because
我已经接受我所作的
I came to terms with what I did.
我准备好了
I was ready.
Beltran先生 为什么你要杀她
Why did you kill her, Mr. Beltran?
我本来只是去道别
I only went to say good-bye.
我知道Beth不想离开
I knew Beth didn't want to go.
是她父亲让她这样做
It was her father.
有一次我去他家参加一个聚会
I went to a party at his house one time.
有两个人为客人们停车 都是劳斯莱斯
They had two men parking the Rolls-Royces.
其中一个人让我到房♥子后面去
One of them asked me to go to the back.
他以为我在厨房♥工作
He thought I worked in the kitchen.
现在这么突然 没有任何预兆
Out of the blue she was going away.
她就要离开 撇下我
Leaving me.
我猜我们永远不会知道我为什么这么做
I guess we'll never know why I did it.
你从哪里找到那根钢管的
Where did you get the pipe?
Tommy 你不应该回答这个问题
Tommy, you shouldn't answer that.
没关系
It's okay.
因为我不知道
Because I don't know.
我想我打了她很多下
I guess I hit her a lot.
她的头上有血
There was blood on her head.
还有她的手上
And her hands...
她一定举起她的手
She must've put up her hands.
他们说看看他的内心 我看他的心并不那么"美丽"
They said look into his heart, it wasrt a pretty sight.
也许陪审团没有你这么洞察入微
The jury might not be so observant.
他忏悔了 上帝原谅他了
The boy repents, Jesus forgives,
陪审团也许也会谅解
the jury might do no less.
旧约上说
The Old Testament says
只有受害人才能宽恕
only the injured party can forgive.
自己忏悔是不够的
Repenting is not enough.
Tommy从没说过对不起
Tommy never said he was sorry.
他甚至没有提到Beth
He didn't even mention Beth.
只提到她父亲的大房♥子 停在前面的劳斯莱斯
Only her father's house, the Rolls-Royces parked in front.
他是想高攀 可摔了下来
The boy climbs a mountain, he falls off.
任何一个过得去的律师都会把这变成一出希腊悲剧
Any decent attorney will make it look like a Greek tragedy.
或者一出白天的肥皂剧
Or a daytime soap.
她拒绝了他 他心碎了
She rejects him, he's heartbroken.
再加上一出痛心的忏悔
That and a bucketful of remorse
等于一级过失杀人罪 而不是二级谋杀
adds up to man one, not murder two.
他的痛心仅仅是因为Beth
His only remorse is that Beth prevented him
阻止他进入她的世界
from entering her world.
他不是摔下来的 是跳下来的
He didn't fall off the mountain, he jumped.
我就是在贫民区长大的 我知道那需要什么要的努力才能成功
I grew up in the slums. I know what it takes.
我也见到过很多人失败
I saw kids who didn't make it.
这难道能成为理由吗
You say it's cause and effect?
你想要摆脱贫困 但没得到自己想要的
Try to climb out of poverty
的时候就能杀人吗
and kill when you don't get what you want?
但我们不能忽视他的身世
We can't ignore where he came from.
这是一个理由 可不是借口
It's a reason, not an excuse.
他计划了每件事
What he does is plan everything.
我也是这样 只有这样你才能摆脱贫穷
I did it, too, it's how you get out.
他计划了谋杀就好象设计自己的生活一样
He planned the murder the same way he planned his life.
这是有预谋的
It was premeditated.
我们有凶器 有口供
We have a murder weapon, a confession.
他承认杀了她 不是二级谋杀
He confessed to killing her, not murder two.
如果我们不能证实他有这个意图 这就是过失杀人
If we don't prove intent, it's manslaughter,
冲动犯罪
crime of passion.
冲动犯罪往往发生在一时盛怒之下
A crime of passion happens in the heat of the moment.
而不会带着凶器去现场
You don't carry a pipe to the scene.
你能证明他带了钢管去现场吗
Can you prove he carried the pipe?
我得提醒你 加州
I remind you, in California, actress strangled
女演员被男朋友勒死 被判过失杀人
by her boyfriend. Manslaughter.
八♥九♥年前 切斯特 女朋友被杀死在床上
Westchester, eight, nine years ago.
男朋友也是被判过失杀人
Girlfriend killed in her bed. Manslaughter.
更不要说我们的被告将出庭作证
Not to mention the fact that the boy takes the stand
告诉陪审团他是多么后悔
and tells the jury how sorry he is.
他自首是因为他知道
He confessed because he knew he was
他马上就会被警♥察♥逮捕
five seconds away from being arrested.
那你就去证明他的确带了凶器
Then prove that he carried the pipe.
证明他的自首只是权宜之计
Prove that the confession was expedient.
如果不行 答应他的认罪协议
If you can't, plead him.
是
Yeah?
Curtis Milgram要见我
Curtis Milgram is here.
Stone先生 我不是一个随和的人
Mr. Stone, I'm not an easy man.
许多人都觉的我很冷酷
Many people find me cold.
但是Beth是个和善的人
But Beth was kind.
我应该让她以自己的方式应付Tommy
I should've let Beth deal with Tommy,
也许结局就不会是这样
do it her own way. It might've ended naturally.
Milgram先生 请不要责怪自己
If you're blaming yourself, Mr. Milgram, don't.
这个案子你有几分把握 Stone先生
Mr. Stone, how good is your case?
今天早上的报纸说
The op-ed page this morning,
你会接受认罪协议
a lawyer said you ought to make a deal.
我们还没有做出这个决定
We haven't reached a decision.
让我告诉你
Let me tell you something.
当我第一次看到那个小子的时候 我很喜欢他
When I first met the boy, I liked him.
他很守规矩
He was well-behaved.
应对得体 他骗过了我
He had all the right answers. He snowed me.
也骗过了你 他也会骗过陪审员
He snowed you, he'll snow a jury.
我已经失去了除我妻子以外
I lost the only thing in my life
生命中唯一对我有意义的人
that meant anything to me aside from my wife.
现在要么你们把他送进监狱 不然我
Now either you put him away or...
Milgram先生 我想要提醒你
Mr. Milgram, I want to remind you
我是法庭人员
I'm an officer of the court.
我只是想要确保他被关进监狱足够久
Just see that he goes to prison for a long time.
他差不多就直说要杀了他
He practically said he'd kill him.
如果是你的女儿呢
What if it were your daughter?
谁知道我们会做出什么是
Who knows how far any of us would go.
我进来的时候他们交给我这个
They handed me this on the way in.
他们组成了一个辩护委员会
They formed a defense committee
已经缴付了保释金.
and posted bail.
他们筹到了2万
They raised $20,000?
他们筹到的可不止2万
They raised more than that.
他们还雇佣了Cyrus Weaver做辩护律师
Hired Cyrus Weaver as counsel.
Cy Weaver一边赞美上帝 一边手持武器
Cy Weaver. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.
听听这个 那小子自首那天
Listen to this. The day the kid turned himself in,
有一通电♥话♥从Beltrars的房♥间打给神父Gregory 在4:07
a call to Father Gregory from Beltrars room, 4:07.
搜查令是在3:40
The search warrant was served at 3:40.
所以警♥察♥刚走他就回去了
So he got there just after the cops left.
他的室友告诉他发生的事
And his roommate told him.
Beltran知道自己被逮住了
Beltran knew he was nailed.
这不是证据
That's not proof.
Cy Weaver已经出招了
Cy Weaver fired his first round.
排除被告的包和供词作为证据的动议
Motion to exclude the bag and the confession.
呵呵 至少他没有提名
Well, at least he didn't nominate the boy
那小子得好市民奖
for a Good Citizers medal.
剧集 | 法律与秩序(1990) | 导航列表