剧集 | 法律与秩序(1990) | 导航列表
Mr. Gaitan throws mud. Let's throw cement.
窝藏逃犯指控纯粹是胡扯
The harboring charge is crap.
她向警官亲口承认了的
She admitted it to a detective.
再加上 不得取保
Plus the "No bail" Thing.
难道最高法♥院♥
Did the Supreme Court do
在我睡觉的时候废除了民权吗
away with civil rights while I was sleeping?
她有潜逃风险 Sally
She is a flight risk, Sally.
她要是答应作证 5分钟后
She testifies, five minutes later,
她就会不明不白被卷到地铁车轮下面了
she might as well throw herself under a subway car.
她想活命
The woman wants to survive.
好的 我们放弃所有指控 她能回家
Fine. We're dropping all charges, she can go home.
警卫
Guard?
他很急 要去参加新闻发布会
He's in a hurry. Press conference.
我们会宣布出现一位新的检方证人
We're announcing a new prosecution witness
这位证人将更加稳固我们的案子
expected to solidify our case.
如果你出了狱 你觉得你朋友Gaitan
What's your friend, Gaitan, gonna think
会怎么想呢
when you get out of jail?
Ben 这不是你的作风
This is not you, Ben.
这就是我的作风 Sally
This is definitely me, Sally.
如果一个警♥察♥在查案的过程中被人开枪 我想定凶手的罪
When a cop gets shot building a case, I want a conviction.
请不要这么对我
Please don't do this to me.
我以前不知道他都干了什么
I didn't know what he did.
直到现在我才知道
Not till this time.
我们可以在五分钟之内找来一位速记员
We can have a stenographer in five minutes.
我们想让她在这儿宣誓作证
We'll depose her here.
你本来要去开个新闻发布会吗
You would've held a press conference?
真庆幸我不用去
Glad I didn't have to decide.
Sally Goldman 刚刚打电♥话♥过来
Sally Goldman just called.
不要告诉我Alviro小姐死在她的牢房♥里了
Please, don't tell me Miss Alvaro died in her cell.
不 但她的信心的确没了
No, but her confidence did.
今天下午她打了2个电♥话♥
She made two calls this afternoon.
给朋友 我还不知道是谁
Friends, I don't know who yet.
说她会在证人席上否认一切
Says she'll deny everything on the stand.
而且会说我们强迫她在证词中说谎
Says we forced her to lie in the deposition.
如果这是一项指控 我建议你去别处说
If that's an accusation, I suggest you make it elsewhere.
如果不用指控 我会更高兴
I'd be happier, if I didn't have to make it anywhere.
Ben 如果我要切角我会用手术刀而不是锯
When I cut corners, Ben, I use a scalpel and not a saw.
如果你是在暗示我在教唆他人作伪证
And if you so much as hint that I suborned perjury,
我们就得去律师纪律委员了好吧
we'll be at the Disciplinary Committee, all right,
但即便去面临这些指控的会是你
but you'll be facing the charges.
法庭上见
I'll see you in court.
你知道他们怎么说他的当事人的
You know what they say about his clients.
在彻底完蛋之前都是无辜的
Innocent until proven broke.
也许那位小姐确实腿软了
Maybe the woman did get cold feet.
也许有人把她扔进了冰窖里
And maybe someone put them in an ice bucket.
Sally Goldman说Alviro给她朋友打了几个电♥话♥
Sally Goldman says Alvaro's calls to her friends,
毫无疑问Gaitan跟她通上气儿了
no question, Gaitan got to her.
Goldman说的 可成不了证据
Goldman says? That's not proof.
糟糕的是我们没撤销对她的指控
Well, it's too bad we didn't drop charges against her.
如果她出城 出不了庭 我们还可以用她的书面证词
She leaves town, unavailable, we could use her deposition.
那么现在假如我们碰巧放她出去而且她出了城...
Now, if we happen to let her out and she left town...
不行 但是非得因为她出城 我们才能不让她出庭吗
No. But does she have to be out of town to be unavailable?
你想怎么做
What do you wanna do?
以她受到威胁为理由
Have Alvaro declared unavailable
来宣布她为不出庭证人
as a witness because she was threatened.
Rikers监狱开车45分钟也就到了 这也叫她不能出庭吗
Rikers is a 45 minute ride. That isn't available?
我还希望她的书面证词
And I want her sworn
能作为她在这件案子中的法庭证词
statements recorded as her testimony in the case.
Ben 法律有规定
Ben, we have a rule.
这规定得追溯到英国的习惯法 也许你听说过吧
It goes back to English common law. Maybe you've heard of it?
被告有权与原告当面对峙
The defendant has a right to confront the accuser.
法官陛下 去年夏天 检方起诉Geraci一案
Your Honor, last summer, People v. Geraci.
证人同样也遭到恐吓
The witness was intimidated.
于是在是证人虽然实际可到庭但未到的情况下
The Court allowed grand jury testimony
法庭还是允许将证人先前所记录证词
into the record as trial testimony
作为有效证词展示给大陪审团
even though the witness was physically available.
我不管那次案件怎么回事 这样做是错的
I don't care what that court did. It's wrong.
你的证人我不能问询 这我不接受
You can't have a witness that I can't cross-examine.
Chris 省省吧 坐下
Chris, save your theatrics for the courtroom. Sit down.
Ben Geraci一案中 他们有一份电♥话♥录音
In Geraci, Ben, they had a taped phone call.
证人说 "我会在证人席上撒谎 "
The witness said, "I will lie on the stand."
Alvaro小姐可没这么说过
Ms. Alvaro didn't say that.
但她律师相信她被人恐吓了
Her counsel was convinced that she was intimidated.
Chris 这倒是本案与Geraci案的相似点
Chris, this gives us a parallel with Geraci.
法官阁下 你根本就不能考虑这说法——我当然能
Judge, you can't even consider this. Of course I can.
这正是他们让我穿上法官黑袍的原因
That's why they give me the black robe.
证人受到威胁
The witness was threatened.
被告放弃了交叉询问的权力
The defendant waives his right to cross-examination.
好吧 把她的证词读出来 写进审判记录
Fine, read her statement into the record
但是要她在反驳证据过程中出庭作证
and let her testify in rebuttal.
让她自己出庭反驳她自己的证言吗
In rebuttal against herself?
这是审判 不是马戏团
This is a trial, not a circus.
本法庭命令
This Court orders Ms.
将Alvaro小姐的宣誓证词写进审判记录里
Alvaro's sworn statement read into the record.
我会告知陪审团她不能出庭作证
I will instruct the jury she's unavailable.
Chris 你要是不喜欢
You don't like it, Chris,
有个补救办法 叫做上诉
we have a remedy. It's called an appeal.
Maryann 好好看看那份书面证词
Maryann, study the deposition.
到时你代替Sandra Alvaro把她的证词读出来
You're Sandra Alvaro.
检察官Stone说
"District Attorney Stone:
他有没有告诉你他为什么需要待在你公♥寓♥里呢
"'Did he tell you why he needed to stay at your apartment? '
Alvaro说 他说他杀了2个人 他说他必须要 骑 我(ride也有指做♥爱♥的意思)
'He said he shot two people. He said he had to ride."'
抱歉我看错了 不是骑 是"躲起来"
Excuse me, not ride, it reads "Hide."
他说他必须要藏起来
"'He said he had to hide.'
检察官Stone说
"District Attorney Stone:
他有没有告诉你他在哪里给你打的电♥话♥
'Did he tell you where he was calling from? '
他说在Europa酒店
'He said the Europa Hotel.
他用Paolo Esteban这个名字
"'He was using the name Paolo Esteban.'
检察官stone
"District Attorney Stone:
为什么刚开始你否认知道
"'Why did you first deny knowing that
Esteban先生就是Gaitan先生呢
"Mr. Esteban was Mr. Gaitan? '
我被吓到了
'I was scared.
Javier杀人 我怕他会杀了我
'Javier kills people. I'm afraid he'll kill me."'
读完了 法官大人
That's all, Your Honor.
谢谢 Thompson小姐
Thank you, Miss Thompson.
陪审团请将这些话视为有效证词
I instruct the jury to treat this like any other testimony,
像重视其他证人的证词一样来重视
giving it no more or no less weight than any other witness.
检方控告Javier Laureano Gaitan
In The People v. Javier Laureano Gaitan,
即Paolo Esteban一案
also known as Paolo Esteban,
对检方第一项指控
as to the first count of the indictment,
谋杀Manuel Ortega
in the matter of Manuel Ortega,
二级谋杀罪
on the charge of murder
陪审团如何判决
in the second degree, how does the jury find?
我们认为被告有罪
We find the defendant guilty.
第二项指控
As to the second count of the indictment,
谋杀Natalie Ortega
in the matter of Natalie Ortega,
二级谋杀罪
on the charge of murder in the second degree,
陪审团如何判决
how does the jury find?
有罪
We find the defendant guilty.
量刑听证会日期很快会定下来
Sentencing hearing to be scheduled,
但我想对被告说 看目前的情况
but I'd say to the defendant, on the record so far,
你要进去好长一段时间了
you're going to prison for a long time,
当你进去的时候 你可以是Esteban或者Gaitan
and when you get there you can be Esteban or Gaitan
或者Nelson Rockefeller都行 没人管你
or for all I care you can call yourself Nelson Rockefeller.
休庭
Court is adjourned.
如果他愿意给我们一些毒贩情报
If he wants to talk about drug dealers,
他可以在25年内获得假释
he can have parole in 25 years.
他要是说了 黑帮会跑到Attica监狱杀了他
He talks about dealers, the cartel will get him in Attica.
告诉我你看到Gaitan死了你很不爽
Tell me you're not glad to see Gaitan dead.
Frank 我是法庭官员
Frank, I'm an officer of the court.
即使我想看到他死 我也不能就这么说出来
剧集 | 法律与秩序(1990) | 导航列表