剧集 | 法律与秩序(1990) | 导航列表
Otis Cook或许也介入其中
Otis Cook may have been involved.
你不想要正义吗
You don't want justice?
当年我还是Michelle Perkins的时候 16岁
I was Michelle Perkins, 16 years old,
梦想着加入瓦萨尔学院建筑系姐妹会
dreaming of becoming a sorority sister in Alpha Rho at Vassar,
直到主席递给我一面镜子
until the President handed me a mirror.
也许你也应该自己照照镜子
Maybe you should look in that mirror
然后再来跟我谈正义
before talking to me about justice.
哇哦 哇哦
Whoa, whoa.
在伶牙俐齿的背后
Wipe away the rhetoric
我看到的是一个保护杀害自己丈夫凶手的女人
and all I see is a woman protecting the man who killed her husband.
而我看到的是一个背叛自己同胞的人
And I see a man manipulated into turning on his own people.
我的同胞可不是杀人犯
My people aren't murderers.
"公交车后排"早就已经成为历史了(民权运动之前 黑人坐公交车只能坐在后排)
Back of the bus died a long time ago.
纸面上的说法而已
Words on a page.
每天早上跟你一起喝咖啡的那些人
Look into the hearts of the men
仔细看看他们的内心
you drink coffee with every morning.
那辆公交车还远远没有到站
That bus has a long way to go.
护着Otis也不会让这辆车走得更快
Protecting Otis won't get you there any quicker.
我不会让我丈夫死亡的悲剧
I will not allow the tragedy of my husband's death
毁了我一生经营的事业
to undermine all that I've done.
如果真如你所说 那些人将受到正义的惩罚 但是也要接受我的条件
If you're right, those men will receive justice, but on my terms.
如果你隐瞒了证据
If you withhold evidence,
按法律规定 你就是共谋犯
the law says you're a co-conspirator.
我们知道该怎么做 Robinette
We do what we have to, Mr. Robinette.
这么说 真的是Otis
So it was Otis.
我查看了警方的报告
I checked the police report.
Tate太太说 Roland Books引导他们
Mrs. Tate said, Roland Books redirected them
从国家大厅的前门走
towards the front door of Nation Hall.
对 说是警方封锁了后门的通道
Yeah, something about the police blocking the back alley.
我跟警方核实过了 当时现场有两辆车
I checked with the police. There were two cars on the scene.
都在前门
Both in front.
问题在于 为什么
The question is, why?
Tate的政♥治♥立场变得温和
Tate was moderating his politics.
也许Books有意见
Maybe Books didn't agree.
Books说谎 Otis说谎
Books lied. Otis lied.
所以他们永远成不了鹰童军
So they'll never make Eagle Scout.
要想定罪 我们得有证据
You gotta have proof for a conviction.
如果你起诉他们 我们输掉 他们会把我的头像跟大卫·杜克挂在一起(3k党首领)
You try them, we lose, hang my picture next to David Duke's.
没有直接证据 没法起诉
No direct evidence, no trial.
那我们把Books和Otis带过来询问
So let's get Books and Otis in here.
我们手上没有牌可以向他们施加压力
We have nothing to pressure them with.
Tate太太不会开口
Mrs. Tate won't talk.
但是他们不知道
They don't know that.
这算是高科技私刑吗
Talk about hi-tech lynchings.
如果你是按人头领工资 Stone
If they're paying you by the head, Stone,
那你这个星期就得不到薪水了
don't expect a paycheck this week.
如果真是那样 Johnson先生
If that were true, Mr. Johnson,
我会高高兴兴地出去买♥♥块劳力士
I'd be happily out shopping for a Rolex.
我们知道你的当事人和Otis Cook合谋杀害了Marcus Tate
We know that your client and Otis Cook killed Marcus Tate,
我向你保证 我们会把他们俩都送进监狱
and I assure you, we'll put them both in prison.
Marcus Tate是一座灯塔
Marcus Tate was a beacon.
即使有千万点光也不能使他埋没 他是唯一的一盏
He wasn't blinded by a thousand points of light. There was only one.
而你希望他的光照向你
And you want it shining on you.
你叫我们来这儿 说明你们根本没有足以定罪的证据
The mere fact that we're here means you don't have enough to convict.
如果你指望我们主动供述 检察官
If you're looking for a confession, Counselor,
你最好擦干净眼镜看清楚 那是不可能的
you better clean your bifocals. It's not coming.
你不说 其他人未必不说
Maybe not from your side of the table.
你在Koblin的事情上说谎
You lied about Koblin.
也许是我记错了
Maybe I got a bad memory.
你会因为伪证罪和妨碍司法罪
Lt'll buy you a couple in Attica
在Attica被关上几年
for perjury and obstruction.
这还只是刚刚开始
That's just the beginning.
你的意思是 我的当事人卷入其中
You're implying that my client was somehow involved in this?
我说的是 是他开的枪
I'm saying he pulled the trigger.
他告诉我Books的事 然后...
He talks to me about Books, and...
你怎么不去起诉横穿马路的人
Why don't you go prosecute a jaywalker?
生活充满艰辛 Otis
Life's tough, Otis.
如果你是个笨蛋 还要艰辛得多
It's a lot tougher when you're stupid.
Books已经供出了Tate 你以为他不会把你供出来吗
Books sold out Tate. You think he's gonna think twice about you?
我没有杀人
I didn't kill the man.
你要怎么威逼利诱都可以 兄弟
You can squeeze as hard as you want, brother.
你会一无所获
You'll get nothing.
我们知道Otis说了假话
We know that Otis lied.
他只是想确保Koblin被定罪
He was merely putting nails in Koblin's coffin.
Marcus的确是他杀的
The man did kill Marcus.
陪审团可不这么想
That's not what the jury thought.
Otis想要正义 我们的司法体系有漏洞
Otis wanted justice. The system has seams,
他很担心 而你证明了他的担心是对的
he feared it. And you proved him right.
Mitchell Koblin之所以被判无罪
Mitchell Koblin was acquitted
是因为我们没法证明他的枪跟谋杀有关系
because we couldn't link his gun.
那如果Mitchell Koblin是个黑人呢
And what if Mitchell Koblin was black?
你以为你那宝贵的陪审团会仔细考虑那颗消失的子弹吗
You think your precious jury would have overlooked the missing bullet?
Stone先生 拜托 我不是笨蛋
Mr. Stone, please, I'm not ignorant.
我知道你想干什么
I can see what you're doing.
你只不过想推卸责任 你定不了Koblin的罪
It's CYA time. You couldn't convict Koblin
你需要找替罪羊 而且偏好黑人
so you need scapegoats, preferably black ones.
他被判无罪 或许是因为他真的是无辜的
Maybe he was acquitted because he was innocent.
Lowenthal先生描绘了一幅诱人的图景
Mr. Lowenthal painted a sexy picture,
在数百人和一群警♥察♥面前发生的内讧
a coup d'etat in front of hundreds of people and a bevy of cops.
陪审团相信了 因为他们想这么做
The jury bought it because they wanted to,
因为一个孤僻的枪手能够暗♥杀♥社运领袖
because the idea of a lone gunman
这会令人产生不安
that can assassinate a leader rocks the comfort zone.
难道阴谋杀人就很容易接受
And a conspiracy is more palatable?
好莱坞在毫无根据 道听途说的基础上
Hollywood puts out a film
可以拍出一部电影
based on nothing, on hearsay,
然后赚取数以亿计的钞票
and it grosses hundreds of millions of dollars.
继续啊 Stone先生 起诉我
Go ahead, Mr. Stone, prosecute me.
也许这样一来 全世界都可以睡得更安稳一点
Maybe the world will sleep a little better for it,
但是你定不了我的罪
but you won't get a conviction.
你我都清楚
We both know that.
他说得对 我们连立案都有问题
He's right. We couldn't even get an indictment.
也许Books没有参与
Maybe Books wasn't involved.
既不是Koblin 也不是Books
It wasn't Koblin and it wasn't Books.
那到底是谁
Then who?
当时在场的有好几百人
There were a couple of hundred people there.
谋划得很完美
The beauty of conspiracy.
怪到中情局头上好了
Hell, blame it on the CIA.
他们已经很多年没当替罪羊了
They haven't been fingered in years.
AAC总部
Lenox街92号♥
7月28日 周二
33分局 审讯室
8月5日 周三
最高法♥院♥46号♥庭
9月22日 周二
地区检察官 Adam Schiff办公室
11月2日 周一
Malcom X 1925-1965 美国黑人公民民权运动的明星
Darryl Gates 洛杉矶警♥察♥局局长 洛杉矶骚乱后辞职
Haight-Ashbury 位于旧金山 20世纪60年代为嬉皮士聚集区
前者:学生争取民♥主♥社会运动 后者:犹太人保卫联盟
Simi Valley 加州一个小地方 宣扬白人男性至上
剧集 | 法律与秩序(1990) | 导航列表