剧集 | 法律与秩序(1990) | 导航列表
我紧跟在他身后
I was right behind him.
所以在爆♥炸♥发生之前
So before the explosion
你并没有亲眼看到Koblin先生在过道上
you didn't actually see Mr. Koblin in the hallway?
没有
No.
你听到枪声 然后你就趴到地上
You heard the gunshots, then you fell to the ground.
是的
Yes.
但是Tate太太 你并没有亲眼看到
But it's true, isn't it, Mrs. Tate, that you never actually saw
是谁开枪杀了你丈夫 难道不是吗
who it was that shot your husband?
他带着枪 我看到了
He had a gun. I saw it.
没错 但是我们听到证人作证说
Yes, but we've heard testimony
那天晚上很多人都带着枪
that a lot of people had guns that night.
有没有可能是其中之一开枪...
Isn't it possible that one of them shot...
反对
Objection!
Lowenthal先生
Mr. Lowenthal,
能否请你不要做无根据的推测
would you please refrain from speculation?
Tate太太 事实上
It's true, isn't it, Mrs. Tate,
你丈夫收到过大量敌视他的邮件 不是吗
that your husband received a lot of hate mail?
这个世界有太多的种族主义者
The world is filled with racists.
如果有人不同意你丈夫的观点 他就是个种族主义者?
So if someone disagrees with your husband, he's a racist?
法官大人...
Your Honor...
我没这么说
I didn't say that.
告诉我 Tate太太
Tell me, Mrs. Tate,
呃 在黑人当中 有没有人不赞成你丈夫的思想理念
uh, were there black men who disagreed with your husband's philosophies?
呃 关联性 法官大人
Uh, relevance, Your Honor?
事实上 即便在你们组织内部
As a matter of fact, within your own organization
也有人认为
there were men who believed Marcus Tate,
Marcus Tate背叛了AAC的基本原则
betrayed the principles of the AAC.
也许其中的某些人
Some of them, perhaps, the same men,
那天晚上同样也带着枪
who were carrying guns that night.
Lowenthal先生 人们或许的确与我丈夫有分歧
People may disagree with my husband, Mr. Lowenthal.
但是在AAC的成员当中
But there isn't one member of the AAC
每个人都愿意为他赴汤蹈火
who wouldn't die for him.
法官大人...
Your Honor...
行了 上来
All right. Approach.
这里是美国 记得吗
It's America, remember?
被告有权提出任何看似恰当的辩护理由
The defense is allowed to present any defense it deems proper.
恰当的理由 可以 没有关联性的 不行
Proper, yes. Irrelevant, no.
另一种可能的杀人动机 难道没有关联性
An alternative motive is irrelevant?
如果迷惑和误导到了陪审团 那就没有关联性 -事实上...
When they confuse and mislead a jury, yes. The fact is...
事实上 你在企图以纯粹的猜测
The fact is you're attempting to blind the jury
来蒙蔽陪审团
with mere suspicion.
你有没有任何的直接证据
Do you have any direct evidence
证明大厅里的其他人是杀人凶手
that someone else in the hall was responsible for the murder?
没有
No.
那么Stone先生的反对有效
Then Mr. Stone's objection is sustained.
记住 律师 藐视法庭完全在我的司法裁量权范围内
Remember, Counselor, contempt is solely within my discretion.
好吧
All right.
我没有问题了
No further questions.
我就站在Marcus身边
I was standing right next to Marcus.
对 我听到了爆♥炸♥声
Yeah, I heard the explosion.
我看到那个杂种掏出手♥枪♥
I saw the bastard pull his gun.
你指的是被告吗
You're referring to the defendant?
是的
Yeah.
我几乎是跟他面对面站着
I was almost face to face with him.
所以你完全确定 是Koblin先生枪杀了Marcus Tate
So you're positive it was Mr. Koblin who shot Marcus Tate?
我当时只隔了两三码远
I was two, three yards away.
是的 我看到是他
Yeah, I saw him.
谢谢
Thank you.
你当时离被告最多只有十英尺
You were, at most, 10 feet from the defendant,
你看着他掏出手♥枪♥
you saw him pull his gun,
你看着他开枪
you saw him shoot.
我刚刚已经说过了
That's what I said.
你这个保镖还真尽责 不是吗 Cook先生
One hell of a bodyguard, aren't you, Mr. Cook?
反对
Objection.
没必要对人冷嘲热讽 律师
We can do without the sarcasm, Counselor.
你跟被告面对面
When you were face to face with the defendant,
是在爆♥炸♥发生之前吗
was that before the explosion?
是的
Yeah.
那么在当时礼堂外的那么多人当中
So out of all the people outside the auditorium,
你就看准了要盯着Koblin先生
you chose to focus on Mr. Koblin.
是因为他看起来形迹可疑吗
Was it because he looked suspicious?
对 没错 我的任务就是保护Marcus
Yeah, he did. My job is to protect Marcus.
防范行迹可疑的人
From suspicious-looking people,
或者防范形迹可疑的白人
or from suspicious-looking white people?
反对
Objection.
收回
Withdrawn.
Cook先生 那天晚上
True or false, Mr. Cook:
被告是人群当中唯一的一个白人 对不对
The defendant had the only white face in the crowd that night?
是的
That's right.
事实上 你盯着Koblin先生唯一的原因是因为他是白人
In fact, the sole reason you focused on Mr. Koblin was because he's white.
我说了 他看起来形迹可疑
I said he looked suspicious.
你觉得白人总是形迹可疑 对吧
And you're suspicious of white men, isn't that right?
反对
Objection.
反对有效
Sustained.
你觉得他可疑 不是因为他是白人
So you were suspicious, and it wasn't because he was white.
那到底是因为什么呢 因为他的头发很卷
What was it, then? Because he had curly hair?
因为他的鼻子很大
Because he had a big nose?
他们标榜自♥由♥ 但是他们雇我们为他们打扫厕所
They talk liberal, but they hire us to clean their toilets.
你说的"他们"是谁
Who are you referring to?
你指的是那些开银行的人吗
Are you talking about the people who own banks?
是你住的房♥子的房♥东
Who own the housing where you live?
法官大人... -我是不是也是其中之一呢 Otis
Your Honor... Am I one of those people, Otis?
那个该死的犹太人杀死了Marcus 你们这些犹太律师要让他逍遥法外
That damn Jew killed Marcus, and all you Jew lawyers gonna let him walk?
Cook先生 请你坐下
Mr. Cook, please sit down.
显而易见 这位证人没有看到枪手
It is clear this witness did not see the shooter.
他只是看到了一个犹太白人 他的偏见令他编造了其他的部分
He saw a white Jew, and his prejudice did the rest.
或许对你来说是显而易见 律师
It may be clear to you, Counselor.
现在 你要么继续问其他问题 要么就坐下来
Now, change your line of questioning, or have a seat.
我没有问题了
No more questions.
谢谢 法官大人
Thank you, Your Honor.
你应该阻止的 是他杀了Marcus 现在他倒变成受害者了
You should've stopped it. The man killed Marcus, now he seems like the victim.
陪审团会看清楚真♥相♥的
The jury will see past that.
如果他们看不清楚呢
What if they don't?
如果这家伙逃脱了 引起的后果 会让洛杉矶的骚乱显得只是小打小闹了
That man gets off, and those LA riots will look like a pillow fight.
那是你所期望的吗
And you'd endorse that?
我只在法庭内寻求正义
I look for justice inside the courtroom.
其他人就未必有这么文明
Others may not be quite so enlightened.
不 我并不赞同Marcus说的每句话
No, I didn't agree with everything Marcus said.
但是我尊敬他 他所从事的工作
But I respected him, the work he was doing.
所以事实上 你去会场不是想要杀他
So you did not, in fact, go to the rally to kill him.
我到会场是去找我妻子
I went to the rally to see my wife.
她一直躲着我 但是我知道她肯定在那里
She was trying to avoid me, but I knew she'd be there.
所以我想我可以找到她 在她出来的时候跟她谈谈
So I thought I'd catch her and speak to her on the way out.
当你听到爆♥炸♥的时候 你做了什么
When you heard the explosion, what did you do?
我很害怕 我掏出了我的枪
I was scared. I pulled my gun.
然后我看到Otis大叫着指向我 于是我就跑了
Then I saw Otis screaming and pointing at me, so I ran.
这时候你就看到了那个保安 Harlans先生
And that's when you saw the security guard, Mr. Harlans.
他拿枪指着我
Aiming his gun at me.
于是你就向他开枪
So you shot him?
他正要向我开枪
He was gonna shoot me.
告诉我 先生 你开枪之后为什么没有把枪处理掉呢
Tell me, sir, why didn't you get rid of your gun after the shooting?
为什么要处理掉
Why would I?
我知道杀死Marcus Tate的子弹并非来自我的枪
I knew a bullet from my gun didn't kill Marcus Tate.
我没有问题了
No further questions.
Koblin先生
Mr. Koblin,
你为什么觉得有必要带着枪去参加集♥会♥呢
why did you think it necessary to carry a gun to the rally?
我坐地铁去哈林区
I traveled up to Harlem by subway.
只是为了防身
I was just being safe.
你在南布朗克斯教书 对吧
You teach in the South Bronx, isn't that right?
我是个代课老师
I'm a substitute teacher.
剧集 | 法律与秩序(1990) | 导航列表