剧集 | 法律与秩序(1990) | 导航列表
那现在谁来管呢
Well, who's calling the shots now?
这你得问Kevin Doyle
You'll have to ask Kevin Doyle.
信托财产律师
Trusts and estates lawyer.
他把Spiegelman的账目给我们送来
He sent us the Spiegelman account.
他处理这家的法律事务
He handles the family's legal affairs.
整个早上我都和Woodward先生在一起
I was with Mr. Woodward all morning.
他是我另外一个客户
He's another client.
离Barbara家也就三个街区
Lives three blocks from Barbara.
我差点就打算带些文件去她家的
I almost stopped by with papers.
要是我去了...
Maybe if I had...
听到消息 我都吓坏了
When I got the message, I was devastated.
我以为在你的工作中
I imagine in your business,
这种消息应该很多
uh, you get a lot of messages like that.
我是经常有客户去世 可没有这样死掉的
My clients die, but not like this.
这城市
This city.
我不羡慕你们的工作
I don't envy you your jobs.
而且Barbara不止是我的客户
And Barbara was more than a client.
我差不多每星期都会和她见面
I saw her almost weekly.
嘿 我要是需要重写遗嘱
Hey, I needed to rewrite my will,
公共房♥产管理局的律师睬都不会睬我
a PBA lawyer wouldn't even answer my call.
6年前
Six years ago,
Barbara带Sam去听爱乐乐团交响会
Barbara dragged Sam to the Philharmonic.
德沃夏克的斯拉夫舞曲
Dvoro's Slavic Dances.
幕间休息的时候我认识了他们
I met them at intermission.
差不多一年以前 每年有10个周末
Until a year or so ago, 10 Saturdays a year
我都会用Sam的季票去看球
I was the beneficiary of Sam's season ticket.
Barbara不再喜欢你的陪伴
Barbara stopped enjoying your company
她遇见Stephen之后
When she met Stephen,
就没时间跟别人在一起了
she didn't have time for anybody else.
我想她有固定人陪了
I guess she was entitled.
Stephen Gregg呢 他能得到什么吗
What about Stephen Gregg What was he entitled to?
我得承认 Barbara和Stephen谈恋爱很奇怪
I'll admit, it was odd. Barbara and Stephen.
但我觉得他们俩是真爱
But as far as I could tell, it was genuine.
你们不会以为...
You're not thinking...
嘿 只是例行询问
Hey, our job, we have to ask.
告诉你们得了
Why not
再过几个星期 Barbara的遗嘱就要公布了
Lt'll be a matter of public record in a couple of weeks.
她女儿Carole得到她的剩余遗产
Carole, the daughter, gets the residuary estate.
律师先生 什么叫剩余财产
English, Counselor.
除了指定遗赠 其他的都归她
Everything left, after specific bequests.
那什么又叫指定遗赠
And the specific bequests
"给我朋友Stephen Gregg 200万美金"
"To my friend, Stephen Gregg, $2 million."
我不知道她这么有钱
I had no idea that she had this kind of money.
那么你以为她带你去滑雪 玩游艇的钱
So, uh, the ski trip and the cruise,
是从Ed McMahon那得来的啊
uh, you thought she won those things from Ed McMahon?
她只告诉我她收人不错
She told me that she had a good income.
从没跟我说她把我写进遗嘱了
She never told me that I was in her will.
然后呢 你明天是不是打算告诉我们
And what, tomorrow you're gonna tell us
你慌了 不得不撒谎
you panicked and had to lie?
我人生中第一次这么开心
For the first time in my life I was happy.
为什么要杀了她呢
Why would I kill her?
嘿 Stevie 我也很开心
Hey, I'm happy, too, Steve,
但200万美元会让我笑得更开心
but $2 million would make my smile a lot bigger.
我不是这样的
I'm not like that.
我想要的是Barbara而不是她的钱
I wanted Barbara, not her money.
好吧 那你今天可不怎么走运
Well, today's your lucky day
因为法律规定如果你杀了某个人
because the law says if you kill somebody,
就不能领♥取♥他的遗嘱馈赠
you can't collect under their will.
那么那200万美金都归Carole和她丈夫了
So Carole and her husband will be spending that $2 million.
她丈夫
Her husband Mmm-hmm.
你们在说什么
What are you talking about?
Carole和Douglas已经分居一年多了
Carole hasn't seen Douglas in over a year.
他们不是夫妻吗
They're not married?
我认识她的时候 他们俩就已经离婚了
They've been divorced for as long as I've known her.
听着 Gregg是个撒谎精 他都可以去当政客了
Listen, Gregg's told enough lies to run for office.
所以呢
So there's a problem
你不觉得
Hey, you don't think it's strange
很奇怪吗
the daughter hasn't seen her ex in over a year,
前女婿和女儿分居一年多
and he just suddenly shows up
但突然在岳母被杀这天出现
the day his mother-in-law takes one in the back
我们指控一个人谋杀 然后他在我眼里就是个谎话精了
We accuse a guy of murder, and I think he's a liar.
抱歉我就是这么个怀疑论者
Excuse me for being cynical.
如果Gregg说的是实话呢
What if Gregg's telling the truth?
Carole和她前夫和好了
Carole and her ex kiss and make up,
他们下辈子就不用发愁了
they never have to work a day the rest of their lives.
但假如Barbra Spiegelman是我前妻的妈妈...
If Barbara Spiegelman was anything like my ex's mother...
嘿Marge妈妈和我关系也不是好到相亲相拥
Hey, Marge's mother and I aren't exactly hugs and kisses.
圣诞节的时候我尽量保持笑容
I smile a lot at Christmas
尽量不要接周日的电♥话♥
and do everything I can not to answer the phone on Sundays
但我不会学开膛手杰克用把牛排刀把她杀了
but I don't play Jack the Ripper with a steak knife.
Marge妈妈可没有把2000万美金放在你鼻子前面
Marge's mother isn't dangling $20 million in front of your nose.
好吧 跟他们谈谈
Okay. Talk to them.
告诉那个痴情罗密欧不要走太远
And tell Romeo not to go too far from home, huh
我和Carole的离婚只是形式上的
Carole and I were divorced on paper only.
分居并不是我们的主意
Separating was not our idea.
那是谁的
Whose idea was it?
我那"可爱"的岳母
The lovely mother of the bride.
Barbara一直不喜欢我
Barbara never cared too much for me.
我的工作
My profession.
是什么
Which is?
一直在变
Well, it's changing.
现在我从事酒类分销
Right now, I'm in liquor distribution.
总有一天我会有自己的店
Someday I'll have my own place.
Barbara从不相信我
Barbara never believed much in me.
当岳母的都这样
Ah, it's part of being a mother-in-law.
就喜欢把鼻子放到不该管的地方闻闻
Nose gets into places where it doesn't belong.
那你们就没有想过装个没在电♥话♥簿上公开号♥码的电♥话♥吗
Did you ever think about getting an unlisted number?
要那样我还不如搬去西海岸
I would have moved to the West Coast.
30年前他们就该各过个的日子了
30 years ago they were supposed to clip the umbilical cord.
但只要你有钱 血缘关系总是可以修复的
You have enough money, you get to retie it.
所以Barbara就用钱来施压
So Barbara used her money as leverage.
Sam留下了几百万的信托基金
Sam left a couple of million in trust
但Carole用钱
and all distributions to Carole
要受托管人监管
were at the discretion of the trustee.
Barbara正是Carole的托管人
And that was Barbara.
她让Carole选择
She gave Carole a choice.
我 还是 每月一万美元的零花钱
Lose me, or lose $10,000 a month.
然后Carole选了钱
So Carole chose the money.
换你 你会怎么做呢
Well, what would you do?
问题是Carole还爱着我
The problem was, Carole still loved me.
我们就只能偷偷摸摸的来
All that sneaking around.
感觉就像是和我自己老婆搞婚外情
It was like having an affair with my own wife.
是 我保证爱他 尊敬他 服从他
Yeah, I promise to love, honor and obey,
只要他没影响到我的继承权
as long as it doesn't affect my ineritance.
提醒我永远不要为了钱结婚
Remind me never to marry for money.
嘿
Hey.
假如
Say the old lady finds out
Barbara发现Carole只是假离婚
that Carole's divorce is all smoke and mirrors.
她会怎么做
What does she do?
她会打给律师
She'd call her lawyer,
让他改下遗嘱
tell him to run her will through word processing
删掉Carole的名字
and delete Carole's name.
你觉得这会不会让Carole不高兴呢
You think that would upset Carole?
2000万美金 我想我会
$20 million Lt'd ruin my day.
像Barbara或者我大部分客户 这类人
People like Barbara,
涉及到这种事
like most of my clients, for that matter,
他们往往都能用钱控制住家人
they're able to control their families with money.
我父亲称之为
My father called it
财富的最大好处
the primary advantage of wealth.
这在我听来可真像是恶心的贿赂
Sounds an awful lot like bribery to me.
剧集 | 法律与秩序(1990) | 导航列表