Two hundred milligrams. Our guy got bit less than four hours ago.
两百毫克毒液 病人是不足四小时前被咬的
There's no way a snake regenerates that much venom that quickly.
蛇不可能在短时间内重新生成这么多毒液
We're supposed to know how fast snakes make their venom?
我们还得知道蛇生成毒液的速度吗
No. Unless you've got a patient bit by one.
不必 除非你的病人被蛇咬了
Then it might be helpful.
这类知识就有用了
So what do we do now?
那我们现在该怎么办
He must have been bitten by a different snake. We go back and find it.
他肯定是被其它蛇给咬了 回去再找吧
Or you go online, and you find
或者上网 就能查到
there's only three poisonous snakes common in New Jersey:
新泽西只有三种常见毒蛇
the copperhead, timber rattler and the coral.
铜头蛇 粗鳞响尾蛇和珊瑚蛇
Copperhead and timber rattler
而我们给病人注释的抗蛇毒血清
both respond to the antivenoms we gave the guy.
对铜头蛇和粗鳞响尾蛇都有效
So we give him the antivenom for the other one?
那应该给他注射另一种抗蛇毒血清吗
Is that a question?
你这是在问我
We can't just blindly give him another antivenom,
绝对不能盲目再给他用抗蛇毒血清了
especially after the first one almost killed him.
尤其是在第一种差点害死他后
You said only three types of poisonous snakes commonly found in New Jersey.
你说新泽西就三种常见毒蛇
Well, what if this is an uncommon one? Very good.
那万一是不常见的呢 很好
We gotta find the right snake. No need.
还是得找到到底是哪种 没必要了
Odds are by the time you get back,
很可能等我们回来
the autopsy results will tell you what kind of snake it was.
验尸报告自然会告诉我们是那种蛇
But you said--
但你说...
So we do give him the antivenom for the other one?
所以还是得给他再用其他血清
Again, was that a question?
再说一次 你是在问我吗
I asked what you would do.
是我在问你们啊
It seems unfair for you to ask me what you would do.
你把问题扔回给我 好像有失公允
Who gives the guy the other antivenom?
谁选择给他用另一种抗蛇毒血清
And who goes looking for the snake?
谁选择继续去找蛇
I assume that one choice kills him, the other one saves him.
我觉得这两个选择 一个杀人 一个救人
That's usually the way it works
在腿部中毒变黑的情况下
at the leg-turning-black stage.
通常只有这两种方法
So half of us killed him, and half of us saved his life.
所以我们可能杀了他 也可能救了他
Yeah. We can't be blamed for
对 但不该以此谴责我们...
I'm sure this goes against everything you've been taught,
我知道这跟你们所学是相违背的
but right and wrong do exist.
但对错之分确实存在
Just because you don't know what the right answer is--
仅仅因为你自己不知道哪个是对
maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is--
或者根本没办法知道哪个是对
doesn't make your answer right or even okay.
这样并不会让你的答案变对
It's much simpler than that.
其实事情远没那么复杂
It's just plain wrong.
不过是个低级错误
We gave the guy the antivenom.
我们给他用了抗蛇毒血清
What if I'm allergic again?
万一我再过敏呢
That's why these people are here.
所以这么多医生站在这
If you have a reaction,
一旦你有过敏反应
we're ready to do whatever's necessary...
我们会及时采取必要措施
to ensure your airways stay open and your heart keeps beating.
确保你气道保持通畅 心脏继续跳动
My wife's on her way in. Can't this wait?
我妻子正在赶来 就不能等等再治吗
I'm sorry. It can't.
抱歉 等不了
It hurts again. He came back?
我腿又疼了 他又回来了吗
On average, drug addicts are stupid.
通常来说 吸毒的人都很蠢
I'd call the cops. Good for you.
要是我就报♥警♥ 很好
A lot of doctors wouldn't risk their careers on a hunch.
大部分医生都不会用职业生涯赌这一把
It's not a hunch. I mean, I know he wants drugs.
这不算赌 我明知道他是来骗毒品的
Well, even drug addicts get sick.
但吸毒的人也有可能生病
Actually, for some reason,
事实上 出于某种原因
they tend to get sick more often than non-drug addicts.
他们比不吸毒的更常生病
Luckily, you don't have to play your hunch.
幸运的是 你不用赌这一把
There's a faster way. Actually, there are several.
有种更快的解决之道 事实上有好几种
My preference is urine testing.
我更倾向于给他验尿
But you already know he has drugs in his system.
但你已经知道他会有毒品反应了
That's not what I'm testing for.
我不是想检测的这个
We're gonna put this hard rubber tube up your urethra and into your bladder.
我们会将这根硬橡胶管通过尿道插入你的膀胱
It may be a little uncomfortable.
可能会有点不舒服
Shouldn't I be getting some sort of anesthetic?
难道不该给我来点什么麻醉剂吗
We're concerned about allergic reactions today.
不麻醉 今天我们很怕有过敏反应
If the guy can handle a rod in his penis
如果这人能忍♥受塑胶管插在鸡鸡里
for half an hour, he's really sick.
半小时之久 那他肯定是真病了
Or he's really jonesing.
或者他毒瘾真的有够重
There's easier ways to get ahold of drugs.
还是有很多简单办法能搞到毒品的
Other hospitals, for example.
比如说 去其他医院
The volleyball player is not responding to treatment.
对排球运动员的治疗并不见效
At least we think it's not working...
至少我们不认为有效
on account of the fact that she's getting worse.
事实上 她的病情恶化了
Can you still hear me? No.
还能听到我说话吗 听不到
A little! Not really!
能听到一点 听不清
Well, if you can't hear me, how do you know what I asked?
听不到 怎么知道我问什么
I'm sorry. What did I do?
抱歉 哪儿弄疼你了吗
I don't know. It really hurts.
不知道 但真的很疼
I promise to be very careful.
我保证非常小心
Susan Not her real name.
苏珊 那不是她真名
Susan, I barely touched you.
苏珊 我根本就没碰你
It hurts so much! I'm sorry.
实在太疼了 抱歉
I have to get this blood. Just hold on.
我一定得抽血 再坚持下
Hypersensitivity to touch.
接触感觉过敏
Her calcium up?
体内钙离子含量过高吗
Lab over 16.
检查结果超过16
Question is why. Likely suspects.
问题是为什么 可能原因
Parathyroid adenoma.
副甲状腺瘤
Kidney problems. Vit "D" intoxication.
肾脏问题 维生素D中毒
Hyperthyroid. Caused by our treatment?
甲状腺机能亢进 是由治疗引起的吗
Can you please slow down?
能否慢点讲
The adenoma is most likely.
最有可能的是腺瘤
Check her P.T.H., phosphorus
检查其甲状旁腺素 体内磷含量...
and ionized calcium.
和钙离子含量
And do a technetium sestamibi.
再做司他比锝检测
Okay, that's enough about the volleyball player.
好了 排球运动员就讲到这里
What's up with the farmer? What farmer?
那农夫现在怎么样 什么农夫
Snakebite guy.
被蛇咬的那位
Oh, right. You guys don't know about him.
对了 你们并不知道他
He doesn't get bitten until three months after
他是在排球运动员入院三个月后
we treat the volleyball player.
被蛇咬伤来就诊的
Luckily, it's been well established that time is not a fixed construct.
幸运的是 已经确认时机并未完全延误
His condition is not improving. Double the dosage.
病情没有改善 给他双倍剂量
Already did. There's another antivenom.
已经加了 还有种血清
It's not as effective, but Already tried it.
可能并不有效 但... 已经试过了
The first stuff, the stuff he was allergic to.
第一种用的就是 但他过敏
Gave it to him with high-dose steroids.
同时用高剂量的类固醇
Nothing's working. What does it all mean?
都没有效果 这些能说明什么
Wrong snake? We tried every other antivenom we had.
不是那种蛇吗 已经试遍了所有的血清
We're too late?
是病情延误太久吗
Yep. He's dying. His wife's here.
对 他就快死了 他妻子赶到了
Finally found a babysitter. Who wants to let 'em know?
她总算找到保姆看孩子了 谁去告诉他们噩耗
Actually, I'm kidding. He's not dying?
其实我在开玩笑 他不会死吗
Oh, yeah, he's dying. But there's no wife and kid.
不 他是快死了 但并没有妻儿
Which is great.
这太好了
Makes the breaking-the-news thing way easier.
让宣布病人死亡这事更省心了
Oh, yeah. One more piece of news.
对了 还有个消息
The drug addict is peeing blood.
吸毒的那家伙开始尿血了
How do they teach you how to tell someone that they're dying?
他们是怎么教你们向家属宣布噩耗的
It's kind of like teaching architects how to explain
就像教建筑师怎么跟人解释
why their building fell down.
他们造的房♥子为何倒塌一样
Do you role-play and stuff?
练习时会分角色扮演吗
Yeah. One of us gives the bad news,
对 一人去通知死亡
and one of us gets the bad news.
另一人则扮演家属
What do you have to do to get an "A" in You're Dying 101?
那怎么做才能在这门课上拿个优秀呢
They grade you on gentleness and supportiveness?
他们会依照你们的亲切度和支持度打分吗
Is there a scale for measuring compassion?
有没有个衡量同情的标准
This buddy of mine--
我有个朋友
I gotta give him 10 bucks every time someone says thank you.
每次有人感谢他 我都恨不得给他十块钱
Imagine that. This guy's so good,
想象下 他实在太好人了
剧集 | 豪斯医生(2004) | 导航列表