And the only thing wrong-
这里唯一的问题
The only thing wrong with the American dream...
美国梦的唯一问题就在于
is people- too many people-
有这样的人 有太多这样的人
too many of us telling young people
我们中有太多人告诉年轻人
that the dream is dead.
美国梦已不复存在
They told me that
当我还在特伦顿的贫民窟时
when I was growing up in the slums of Trenton.
他们就这样告诫我
And they were wrong.
事实证明他们是错的
They told me that
当我只有58美元存款
when I decided to run for senator,
却决定竞选参议员时
with only $58 in my savings account.
他们就这样告诫我
And they were wrong.
事实证明他们是错的
And they are still telling me that now-
而今 他们依然如此告诫我
that I don't have a chance because I'm black,
我不可能成功 因为我是黑人
because I don't have the right nose,
因为我没有高耸的鼻梁
because I still only have $58 in my savings account.
因为我依然只有58美元存款
With your help, we can keep that dream alive.
但有你们在 我们就可以让梦想继续
And in closing,
最后
just...
我
let me say-
只想说
Let me say that you should all donate the legal maximum...
我想说 大家都应该行动起来
to the next president of the United States.
捐出你的最大限额给下一任美国总统
Are you okay? Do you need some water or something?
你还好吗 要喝水吗
No. I'm fine.
不用 我没事
I'm fine, really.
我没事 真的
Handsome guy like you,
您仪表堂堂
I bet you get 70% of the women.
我敢说七成的女性会选您
Well, here's hoping.
希望如此吧
Of course, it helps your wife died of cancer.
肯定会的 再加上您妻子死于癌症
I mean, I'm sorry,
我是说 节哀顺变
but the sympathy vote's in your pocket.
但同情票非您莫属
Yeah, I appreciate your support.
是的 感谢你的支持
Listen, Senator, my union has a hell of a war chest.
参议员 我的工会拥有大量竞选基金
I've always been strong on the union.
我向来很支持工会
The thing is,
问题是
you always go on in your speeches about the workers...
您总是在演讲里反复提到工人
in Indonesia, Cambodia, Timbuktu.
印尼的 柬埔寨的 马里的
Because I think we have a- a moral-
因为我们要有道义上...
My union members are hurting.
我的工会成员们很受伤
They don't care about
他们不关心这个
moral this and moral that. Are you all right?
道义对他们来说一文不值 你还好吗
Senator?
参议员
The guys are gonna love that.
记者们该高兴了==
Everyone, give him some room. Give him room to breathe!
大家散开 给他空间呼吸
Back off, please! Senator, are you all right?
请后退 参议员 你还好吗
The senator's suffering from nausea,
参议员感觉恶心
headache and mental confusion.
头疼 神志不清
Ah, bad sushi is so hard to diagnose.
吃了变质的寿司也要找我来
You're being childish.
别犯傻了
Look, if his case is as trivial as you think,
就算这个病例像你想的那样无关紧要
it'll take you three minutes to diagnose.
也只需三分钟就能搞定
Three minutes that I could
三分钟我也可以干点别的
spend sitting on the toilet with the funny pages.
坐在马桶上看点带色的东西
You're mad at me. Nope.
你对我有意见 没有
I never liked Cameron or Foreman.
反正我也不喜欢卡梅隆和福曼
You know why I'm forcing you to fire one of them?
知道为什么我要让你解雇他们其中一个吗
Because you need to prove to me that you're a team player.
因为你必须向我证明你有团队精神
Now, if you did that,
如果你接手这个病例
you wouldn't need to go through this exercise.
就不必经受这次考验了
Fine. I'll hold the senator's hair while he upchucks.
好 参议员吐的时候我会托住他的头发
By the way,
还有
I need you to give a speech at the National Cardiology Conference,
我要你在全国心脏病学会议上做一次发言
um, next week.
时间是下周
I don't do speeches. I'm shy.
我不做发言的 我很害羞的
Eastbrook Pharmaceuticals has developed
东溪制药公♥司♥研发出了一种
a new ACE inhibitor.
新型血管紧张素转换酶抑制剂
I would like you to extol
我希望你能宣传一下
the virtues of this breakthrough medication.
这一突破性药物的良效
Eastbrook Pharmaceuticals?
东溪制药公♥司♥吗
Wait a second? Don't I own that company?
等等 那是我的公♥司♥吗
Oh, no, that's right. You do.
哦不是 那是你的公♥司♥
Viopril is a significant improvement over the old version.
维普里尔相对于其前身各方面都有极大提升
It's all there in the study.
其优点都写在研究报告里
I know its price tag is significantly improved.
我只知道它的价格倒是有很大提升
You can either give one
你有两个选择
10-minute talk and one three-minute diagnosis,
要么做一个十分钟的报告和三分钟的诊断
or you can fire one of your pets.
要么扔掉一只你的小鸭子
My understanding was that
以我看来
you believed in rationality above all else.
你是一个理智至上的人
Viopril.
维普里尔
I appreciate your keeping the media away.
很感谢你们没让媒体进来
We're keeping your staff away as well.
你的手下也进不来
Take it easy now.
可以放松点了
I'm in the middle of a campaign.
我正在竞选
The faster we can get you better,
我们越快把你治好
the faster you can get out of here.
你才能尽快离开这里
Anyone else at the fund-raiser get sick?
筹款会上的其他人里有生病的吗
I don't think so, and I don't think that's it.
没有 而且我觉得不是传染病
I've been under the weather for weeks.
几个星期以来我一直感觉不适
Lots of traveling. I'm supposed to be in the Sudan next week.
四处奔走所致 我下周还得去苏丹
Helps me concentrate.
有助于我集中注意力
Even better than drugs.
比药片还有效
Open your mouth, please.
请张嘴
That's quite a scar.
这疤痕挺大的
When I was six,
那是我六岁的时候
I fell off the swing and bit my tongue.
从秋千上摔下来咬到舌头了
Couldn't talk right for the longest time.
后来很久说话都不利索
Lots of teasing.
被人嘲笑
It just made me fight harder,
因此我更加坚定地斗争
speak up for those who can't.
为那些无力抗争的人争取权益
Yeah, yeah, yeah.
长鼻子呀长鼻子
Tongues heal too fast.
舌头愈合很快
Your political consultants have written you a nice story.
你的智囊团编的故事挺不错
In a tight race,
单靠这个小故事
the lispers alone could put you over the top.
就能助你在拉锯战中占得先机
You a Republican, or you just hate all politicians?
你是共和党呢 还是敌视一切政客
I just find being forced to sit through drivel annoying.
我只是觉得被逼着听人胡扯很烦人
You find sincerity annoying?
你觉得真诚很烦人吗
You're a black kid from the ghetto...
你是从贫民窟走出来的黑人
who made it to Yale Law and the United States Senate.
最终进入了耶鲁法学院和美国参议院
That's a sufficiently mythical story.
这个故事已经够梦幻了
You don't need to lie about your tongue.
不用再拿舌头的故事故弄玄虚了
Must've missed it.
肯定敲错位置了
What's wrong?
怎么了
What is it?
怎么回事
It's not the food. It's your brain.
问题不在吃的东西上 在你的大脑里
Get an M.R.I. And a lumbar puncture.
安排磁共振成像 还有腰椎穿刺
Cancel your travel plans.
取消你的出行计划
The senator's L.P. showed no sign of infection,
腰椎穿刺没发现感染
and the M.R.I. looks fairly clean.
磁共振成像没发现异常
I guess we can tell him he's fairly healthy and can go home.
那我们可以告诉他一切正常 可以出院了
Well, there is something in Broca's area,
但在布罗卡区有个东西
but it's small, low intensity.
很小 也不明显
Most likely just background noise.
估计是背景噪音吧
Care to bet your job on that?
愿意用你的工作打包票吗
What was that?
那是什么表情
What was what?
你说什么啊
You got annoyed. That was clearly an annoyed face.
你恼怒了 刚才明显是恼怒的表情
I get annoyed by glib remarks about our futures.
你拿我们的未来当儿戏我就会恼怒
Last week you didn't get annoyed.
上周你就没有这样
剧集 | 豪斯医生(2004) | 导航列表